The Lincoln Lawyer

7.4

1. Mar 18, 2011
    A much more compelling story than I expected, with a nice ensemble cast. Matthew McConaughey plays the slightly sleazy lawyer with a certain street charm and personal angst defending the squeaky clean, but possibly sociopathic boy next door. The story offers a nice mix of character introduction/development with an interesting story complete with fun twists that will leave you thinking aA much more compelling story than I expected, with a nice ensemble cast. Matthew McConaughey plays the slightly sleazy lawyer with a certain street charm and personal angst defending the squeaky clean, but possibly sociopathic boy next door. The story offers a nice mix of character introduction/development with an interesting story complete with fun twists that will leave you thinking a bit after the movie. Has the definite feel of a series in the making. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    The movie is decent and tedious at first but it gets better and better until in the end after watching "The Lincoln Lawyer", you will feel what a lawyer who drives a Lincoln car really is.
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    Don't go see "The Lincoln Lawyer" expecting something new and different in terms of a courtroom drama/thriller. The plot follows the fairly standard formula across the three acts, but the experience remains enjoyable because not all of the turns in the plot are predictable and the cast is filled with a variety of characters. A big kudos on this film go to theDon't go see "The Lincoln Lawyer" expecting something new and different in terms of a courtroom drama/thriller. The plot follows the fairly standard formula across the three acts, but the experience remains enjoyable because not all of the turns in the plot are predictable and the cast is filled with a variety of characters. A big kudos on this film go to the director/cinematographer/screenwriter who chose the multitude of shots focused on the main character's eyes--a powerful and quick method of giving the viewer an instant indication of his emotional state at various points in the film, and one that certainly helps his character seem more real. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2011
    I loved the book and the movie wasn't quite as good as the book, but it was OK. I thought the acting was fine. I don't like Ryan Phillipe at all, but I have to admit he played a really good homicidal killer role. All in all, reasonably enjoyable and an easy watch.
  5. Apr 1, 2011
    Zigging and zagging his way thru a fairly predictable yet thoroughly engaging and polished piece of double-crossing pie - McConaughey shines as a slick, booze-swilling, street smart and rarely shirtless (I said â
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    This film was more engaging and interesting than I had expected. McConaughey is still a mediocre actor, but he was better in the film than I had expected, and the rest of the cast was well-cast.
    The plot was very good, the courtroom scenes were also, and the movie kept my interest throughout with a few unexpected twists. Kudos to all involved.
  7. Jul 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very watchable movie. Matthew delivers as the slick, street-smart lawyer who knows how to play people. There were a couple of nice twists which made it fun to watch, and kept you on the edge of your seat. Among the best films of 2011 so far ! Expand
  8. Mar 19, 2011
    I saw Lincoln Lawyer 1st show Friday night. I read the book twice and it was awesome to see the characters from the book on the big screen! The movie is so much better than the book!
    Matthew was superb from beginning to end! This movie will have you on the edge of your seat! It demands all of your attention! I am a huge Trace Adkins fan, he played the leader of the biker gang in the movie.
    He was very sexy, HOT! Trace did an awesome acting job! All the actors were on the top of their game!
    Go see this movie, you will love it! I'm going back to see in Sunday! ENJOY!!
  9. Apr 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jesus Martinez(Michael Pena) is locked away in the San Quentin State Prison, serving a life sentence for the brutal slaying of Donna Renteria, a prostitute who was stabbed over fifty times. His lawyer, "The Lincoln Lawyer", Mick Haller(Matthew McConaughey), cut a deal with the city prosecutor that spared Martinez's life, so instead of being administered the death penalty by lethal injection, the prisoner can request for a parole hearing in fifteen years. The man in charge of the Renteria case, Detective Kurlen(Michael Pare), believes that Martinez should have been punished corporally. In an elevator, he asks Mickey, "How do you sleep at night?" The question is an especially pointed one, because both men are on the same side in their deduction of presumed guilt, but only the detective cares that Martinez did it. For the wrong reasons, the lawyer is able to sleep at night. Mickey doesn't believe in Martinez's innocence, not even after his client pleas tearfully that his case be brought to trial. Why should Mickey fight tooth and nail for a Latino with no money? Mickey could care less if his client stabbed that woman. The case holds nothing for him. It will neither make him rich nor famous. The lawyer can sleep at night because he saved a GUILTY man. He beat the system; he got paid. Those are his core values, the same values which hold true for many men and women in the legal profession. "The Lincoln Lawyer" shows how the system is broken. It neatly intertwines the fates of the haves and the have-nots in a legal system that works a lot better for the former. The Lincoln Lawyer, a servant of the court, as shady as they come, undergoes an awakening after he realizes that his blue blood client Louis Roulet(Ryan Phillipe), charged with the attempted murder of a prostitute, was responsible for the killing that sent Martinez to prison as a wrongly convicted felon. Kurlen's words come back to haunt him. "How do you sleep at night?" Mickey doesn't believe in his new client's innocence either, and yet he proceeds with the case anyway, since the lawyer is being well-compensated by Louis's mother, Mary Windsor(Frances Fischer), a woman who doesn't care about innocence or guilt either. Along the way, his motivation changes, realizing that he has to prove Roulet innocent to get Martinez off. Initially acquitted of the assault charges, the verdict that rules in Louis' favor shows why our prison system is filled with minorities. That's because the poor and disadvantaged lack the financial resources for proper legal representation. Meanwhile guys like Louis Roulet nearly gets away with murder. Expand
  10. Sep 21, 2011
    I really enjoyed how the movie followed the lawyer around. The ending could have been more interesting with a few more twists or a settling end but it ended seemingly in the middle of following along intensely. Some of the twists it did have were very obvious as in the mother being the shooter. Going into the law field may have swayed my positive reaction to the film which was more of aI really enjoyed how the movie followed the lawyer around. The ending could have been more interesting with a few more twists or a settling end but it ended seemingly in the middle of following along intensely. Some of the twists it did have were very obvious as in the mother being the shooter. Going into the law field may have swayed my positive reaction to the film which was more of a drama than a thriller. Exploited some of the real-life situations that may exist. Expand
  11. Apr 30, 2011
    "The First Great FILM of the year , stylish , well done , and suspenseful , Matthew McCanoughy gives one of the best performances of his Career filled with twist and turns so great you will not want to leave when its over . Best movie of the year .. so far" .. A+
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    Furnam delivers as a witty, charming and entertaining courtroom drama, in a genre which usually brings audiences mediocracy, this one comes with a bit of an umph. Marisa Tomei is delightful in everything she does lately.
  13. Mar 20, 2011
    Matthew McConaughey runs a slightly sleazy law practice out of his big black car (hence the title). His swagger is broken by the latest case, which finds Ryan Phillippe accused for the brutal beating of a woman. While everything about this film is solid, there's nothing to make it stand out from typical Hollywood fare. It's well made, by-the-numbers (a sufficiently complex situation, mildMatthew McConaughey runs a slightly sleazy law practice out of his big black car (hence the title). His swagger is broken by the latest case, which finds Ryan Phillippe accused for the brutal beating of a woman. While everything about this film is solid, there's nothing to make it stand out from typical Hollywood fare. It's well made, by-the-numbers (a sufficiently complex situation, mild humor, a hint of suspense, good pacing), but not a standout in any way. Expand
  14. Feb 6, 2012
    Ill be the first person to say I am not a big fan of Matthew McConaughey, but I do think his limited range plays well with his character in this movie. This isnt the best courtroom drama or the best murder mystery but the film easily accomplishes its main goal: to entertain
  15. May 8, 2011
    well, it's a movie that appeals to you, no it was awesome because there were parts where you stayed with question marks, but overall it was a good movie, are performances by Matthew McConaughey in general was very good.
  16. Apr 24, 2011
    For a mainstream movie, pretty good. Had read the book and not disappointed in the movie. Casting good, acting good and but not great in a few cases. I was hoping for more from John Leguizamo but did not get it (I am not a big fan of his). His role could have been played much better by almost anyone.
  17. May 1, 2011
    What a GREAT thriller/crime flick, had me guessing and the plot was very well done. Better then I thought it would be by far. Great acting, nice twists and greta cast to boot make this a MUST watch for anyone interested in crime/thriller flicks.
  18. May 27, 2011
    Better than I suspected, the slick lawyer gets into an unexpected situations which keeps you guessing for a while, no deep stories but very enjoyable on a fridaynight
  19. Apr 12, 2011
    I don't think it's great movie, doesn't offer any twist in this courtroom drama thriller formula. But it's pretty hard if you miss a few scene. With charming and solid cast, this movie should you watch, good and pretty enjoyable.
  20. Apr 7, 2011
    "This whole thing is a set up."

When savvy, quick-minded, lawyer Mick Haller (Matthew McConaughey) is handed a case for a high-profile client he quickly heads to the holding cell where the man is being held. On introduction, the man pleads his innocence and convinces Mick to take his case. But Mick quickly begins to question the manâ
  21. Apr 8, 2011
    My brother could be called the ipad Lawyer he doesn't use an office either! This is a good solid movie but nothing new or great here. It was a little slow in the beginning, so I got up and used the bathroom and got a soda and took my time, but the movie picked-up. McConaughey is always good! Take your wife she will like it!
  22. Mar 21, 2011
    Pretty good movie actually. I wasn't sure what to expect but Mcconaughey but he did a good job. Definitely worth spending $10 to see in theatres or wait and rent it, whatever you prefer.
  23. Apr 8, 2011
    The source of the film is the excellent crime novel by Michael Connelly who is one of my favorite authors. Another great book of his that was made into a solid film was Blood Work with Clint Eastwood. I was pleasantly surprised by the film which was solid both in acting and execution. McConaughey successfully captures Connely's Mickey Haller who is a relatively complex character.The source of the film is the excellent crime novel by Michael Connelly who is one of my favorite authors. Another great book of his that was made into a solid film was Blood Work with Clint Eastwood. I was pleasantly surprised by the film which was solid both in acting and execution. McConaughey successfully captures Connely's Mickey Haller who is a relatively complex character. Borderline sleazy when it comes to advocating for his scum clients, but with a strong sense of justice and doing the right thing. Ryan Phillippe is convincingly amoral and sociopathic and there are enjoyable side performances by William H. Macy and Marissa Tomei. This manages to be a better than average thriller because of pretty good character development. I almost thought we would get away without seeing Matthew's bulging biceps but they managed to work it in when he is in a wheelchair leaving the hospital. Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2012
    The plot flows well and the twists and turns come thick and fast, although not as enjoyable as the book it does stay loyal to the storyline unfortunately this means that William H Macy is vastly underused but it's well worth checking this firm out.
  25. Apr 28, 2011
    Don't like MM at ALL but really enjoyed the pace and the story, albeit formulaic. So I recommend, despite MM. A good matinee value, and some quirky characters around the main star.
  26. Apr 29, 2011
    I was *REALLY* impressed. Perhaps because my expectations weren't that high, this was quite the enjoyable little ditty about a lawyer who runs his business out of... well you get the idea. This is an intelligent, adult thriller (based upon a successful book series) that will take some concentration to keep up with. McConaughey plays the street-wise protagonist sympathetically: you actuallyI was *REALLY* impressed. Perhaps because my expectations weren't that high, this was quite the enjoyable little ditty about a lawyer who runs his business out of... well you get the idea. This is an intelligent, adult thriller (based upon a successful book series) that will take some concentration to keep up with. McConaughey plays the street-wise protagonist sympathetically: you actually end-up caring that a lawyer is caught in a legal man-trap, which, for me, takes some doing! A return to Matt's better work of the mid-90s. Expand
  27. Jul 14, 2012
    A tight, gripping legal thriller from start to finish. This is the role Matthew Mcconaughhey was born to play. Intelligent, funny, and utterly enthralling- courtroom dramas don't get much better than this. One of last year's best movies- a shame the critics don't seem to agree.
  28. Jun 25, 2011
    McConaughey plays a conniving lawyer who is put into a bad position by a Beverly Hills rich/pretty boy and must use all his wits and resources to uphold justice. This film comes with plenty of plot twists that will have you thinking throughout it's entirety.
  29. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Much better than I expected. What a turnaround from Matthew McConaughey. Finally a character that's remotely interesting and compelling. Ryan Phillippe is fantastic. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a solid crime/drama movie.
  30. JCW
    Aug 21, 2011
    Mickey Haller's story of a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney who operates out of the back of his Lincoln Continental sedan -- is a cliche story with a great performance. Connolly chose the traditional route for the Lincoln.
  31. Aug 23, 2011
    N'ayant pas lu le livre, j'ai donc vu ce film pour ce qu'il est : un très bon polar, superbement construit du côté du scénario (assez machiavélique et intelligent) et brillamment interprété (surtout de la part du trop discret Matthew McConaughey qui se surpasse comme jamais en jouant avec justesse).N'ayant pas lu le livre, j'ai donc vu ce film pour ce qu'il est : un très bon polar, superbement construit du côté du scénario (assez machiavélique et intelligent) et brillamment interprété (surtout de la part du trop discret Matthew McConaughey qui se surpasse comme jamais en jouant avec justesse). Un peu long par moment, je l'admets. Une chose est sûre, ça m'a donné envie de lire livre car si les adaptations sont moins réussies que l'oeuvre originale, le livre doit être un véritable chef-d'oeuvre! Expand
  32. Feb 23, 2013
    The Lincoln Lawyer is based on the best selling novel by Michael Connelly and he isn't the typical lawyer you've seen portrayed in every John Grisham/Law Order wannabe. Matthew McConaughey is great as Mick Haller. This guy is unbelievably smart, charming, and refreshing. McConaughey takes the brains from a Time To Kill, throws in the swagger of Sahara, and adds in the stellar writing ofThe Lincoln Lawyer is based on the best selling novel by Michael Connelly and he isn't the typical lawyer you've seen portrayed in every John Grisham/Law Order wannabe. Matthew McConaughey is great as Mick Haller. This guy is unbelievably smart, charming, and refreshing. McConaughey takes the brains from a Time To Kill, throws in the swagger of Sahara, and adds in the stellar writing of Connelly, (who mixes old school wit and modern ideals), to create a character that is easily the best of his career. It honestly seems to me like the role was written for McConaughey, it is that good of a match. Ryan Phillippe plays Haller's client in the film and continues to blossom from the shy southern boy in White Squall to a guy who will one day be a major player in Hollywood. It's hard to review a film like this without spoilers, all I can tell you is this. The Lincoln Lawyer is one of the smartest movies I've seen in a long time. The writing is phenomenal, the acting is top notch, and in a slow year for movies, this is a hidden gem! Expand
  33. May 22, 2013
    Solid acting by the cast, McConaughey was a pretty good lead. The story was enjoyable as well but the ending was rather disappointing. Aside from that, I'd recommend it. I thought it was a pretty enjoyable movie.
  34. Jun 20, 2012
    The Lincoln Lawyer provides good thrills with generally good acting and in my opinion, a great plot. The film does however suffer from of Hollywood cliches.
  35. Nov 26, 2015
    Basically a 2 hour law and order SVU episode that was a tight, gripping legal thriller from start to finish. The Lincoln Lawyer is entertaining on all levels
  36. Jul 7, 2012
    Having enjoyed the book by Michael Connelly, the film held no surprises for me but I was still curious as to how successfully the story could be transferred to the big screen. Matthew McConaughey stars as The Lincoln Lawyer Michael Haller, an LA defence lawyer who operates out of the back of his chauffeured Lincoln.

Employing all sort of tactics to maintain his cash flow, Haller appears

Employing all sort of tactics to maintain his cash flow, Haller appears brash and without morals as he keeps LA's undesirables out of prison. However, this all changes when he gets drawn into a deadly game of secrets with his latest client, the young, rich Louis Roulet (Ryan Phillippe).

The screenplay does it best to squeeze in most of the sentiment and moral dilemmas that the book obviously had more time to focus on. Used to winning, Haller struggles with the dangerous situation as he deals with the complex mix of legal obligations, client and attorney privilege and his previous moral shortcomings.

McConaughey shines as the charismatic Haller and will hopefully stick to more meaningful roles in the future based on his performance here and that in his upcoming film Killer Joe. His performance is even stronger when viewed in relation to Phillippe's, who doesn't deliver the menace of the book's character. Michael Pena and John Leguizamo provide strong support to the main characters including William H. Macy and Marisa Tomei in typically minor roles.

Director Brad Furman tries gives some verve to the courtroom scenes with some non-typical angles, but all in all he lets the story play out adequately. The attorney versus client story seemed remarkably similar to that of Ryan Gosling versus Anthony Hopkins in Fracture in 2007.

A word on the soundtrack, which stays true to the hip-hop references of the book. Connelly explains that Haller's interest in the hip-hop genre stems from his driver Earl. I don't feel that this came across enough in the film and that the soundtrack appears to be a typical 'street' savvy selection of music selected for any LA based film. It is interesting that musical duties fell to Cliff Martinez, who had the same role for Drive, also set in LA, and the two soundtracks could not be further apart with the exception of Kalinsky's 'Nightcall' which appears in both.

A successful transformation from book to big screen.
  37. May 25, 2013
    Really good movie. The story was extremely intriguing. It may be your typical court room/crime thriller, but it has enough twists and turns to make it interesting and McConaughey did a splendid job in the lead role. By the end, you were rooting for the good guys and rooting against the bad guys, so it was certainly successful in that regard.
  38. Jul 21, 2012
    I was not expecting such an intelligent film but a great ensemble cast delivered a truly wonderful piece. McConaughey was very similar in this role to the one he played in A Time To Kill, but it was also the characterisation by Macy and Tomei which helped build the case for this film. Ryan Phillipe is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated actors and he has delivered in yet anotherI was not expecting such an intelligent film but a great ensemble cast delivered a truly wonderful piece. McConaughey was very similar in this role to the one he played in A Time To Kill, but it was also the characterisation by Macy and Tomei which helped build the case for this film. Ryan Phillipe is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated actors and he has delivered in yet another film since his days as a young heartthrob. I could not recommend this film more highly and think of it as one of the films of 2011. Expand
  39. Nov 28, 2012
    Boasting a shockingly wonderful performance from Matthew McConaughey, and a positively engaging story, "The Lincoln Lawyer" brings a hefty amount of stick-to-your-ribs nourishment to the table.
  40. Dec 11, 2013
    Having seen this movie twice, I can say that the story holds water.

Matthew McConaughey portrays a lawyer named Mickey Haller. While unorthodox, he is one of the best in the business. Knowing that, a young man accused of assaulting a prostitute hires him for defense. At first glance, Haller is sure that the scariest person in the world is an innocent man, but his view gradually
    Having seen this movie twice, I can say that the story holds water.

Knowing that, a young man accused of assaulting a prostitute hires him for defense. At first glance, Haller is sure that the scariest person in the world is an innocent man, but his view gradually changes as he comes face to face with pure evil.

"The Lincoln Lawyer" is the perfect "mystery film"; while Haller tries to figure out what is happening, viewers follow along and try to draw their own conclusions from the evidence presented.

Part comedy, part drama, and all thriller, "The Lincoln Lawyer" will take you for a ride you won't soon forget.
  41. Jun 30, 2015
    Hotshot legal thriller with a great cast. McConaughey shows the chops he'd kept on hold for the romcom decade. I had never seen this film and just watched it recently. It holds up great. I love reading the reviews on here when it came out, peppered with insults of McConaughey. How strange. Didn't realize some critics hated him so much. Kind of pathological, I'd say.

Well, he showed

Well, he showed them, didn't he?
  42. Nov 27, 2015
    This movie has an interesting storyline and great character (Mathew M.) but in the end the movie is very vanilla and is not that special. Typical lawyer movie.
  43. Apr 3, 2016
    What happened — did Matthew McConaughey roll out of bed one morning and decide that, after smiling through one too many schlocky movies, playing the pretty boy opposite Sandra-Kate-Jennifer, he wanted to do something decent? Not great, mind you, just solid and satisfying, a movie that asked more of him than rock-hard abs and bleachy-white teeth, one with a touch of grit, a story to chewWhat happened — did Matthew McConaughey roll out of bed one morning and decide that, after smiling through one too many schlocky movies, playing the pretty boy opposite Sandra-Kate-Jennifer, he wanted to do something decent? Not great, mind you, just solid and satisfying, a movie that asked more of him than rock-hard abs and bleachy-white teeth, one with a touch of grit, a story to chew over and maybe even a beautiful woman who looks real, something like his latest, “The Lincoln Lawyer.”

The woman is Marisa Tomei, one of the few higher-profile American actresses in her age group (she was born in 1964, five years before Mr. McConaughey) who’s actually allowed to act her age, who conveys intelligence and sexiness, and suggests a life that’s been lived and without a face frozen by filler and fear. In “The Lincoln Lawyer,” a thriller adroitly adapted from the Michael Connelly book of the same title — directed by Brad Furman and written by John Romano — Ms. Tomei plays a character and not just the love interest. She isn’t the star, of course, but without her and the other exceptionally well-cast supporting players, Mr. McConaughey would have a tougher time making you believe that he was to the sleaze born.

But, oh, look at him go — no, cut through the waters — slicing through the crowds at this and that Los Angeles-area courthouse, a shark in gray suit and loafers. As Mick Haller (Mickey in the books), Mr. McConaughey keeps his focus tight — Mr. Furman making sure his camera does the same — doling out empty smiles to the guys with the badges and going straight for the clients whose innocence matters less than their wads of cash. Mick (the hard, short syllable suits him) works out of the back seat of his chauffeured Lincoln Town Car, an itinerant office, good for the rootless. It’s a portable refuge, as much a hideaway as an expression of the man who owns it: sleek, hard, fast and shut off from the world sprawling outside it.

Mr. Furman gives “The Lincoln Lawyer” the unpretty look it deserves, turning down the Southern California light so he can throw in some shadows. Save for a golf course where the moneyed hit balls oceanside and a high-ticket office with the usual mausoleum marble, the locations are often homey, sometimes downright homely, textured rather than slicked up. Mick has a killer view from his barely lived-in house in the hills, but he and the movie scarcely seem to notice. Mr. Furman, who made a no-profile feature debut in 2008 with “The Take,” even offers up another look at downtown Los Angeles, that overexposed movie set, peering behind its towers to where palm trees sway next to tangles of freeway.

The story, and there’s a lot of it, nicely condensed from Mr. Connelly’s page-turner best seller, largely turns on a case that looks like a slam dunk or, as one of Mick’s bail bondsmen, Val (John Leguizamo), insists, a jackpot. A man (Ryan Phillippe) did or did not beat up a woman, and his Beverly Hills grizzly mama (Frances Fisher) has the right get-out-of-jail card: a fat bank account. The client, Louis Roulet, insists on his innocence, and Mick takes the bait and the money (the same thing). Complications ensue. Mick works the case and chases leads, helped by an investigator (William H. Macy) and dogged by cops with grudges (Bryan Cranston and Michael Paré). Everything looks pretty clear-cut until it doesn’t.

Mr. Connelly, a crime reporter turned writer, spun Mick off his author’s popular series about a Los Angeles police detective by the name of Hieronymous Bosch, Harry for short. Though related to dodgy cinematic lawyers like the antiheroes from films like “The Verdict,” Mick doesn’t feel as if he were being readied for his big redemption. He has a likable ex-wife (Ms. Tomei, as a prosecutor), a young daughter who loves him and even friends. (They all seem to be on the payroll.) But Mr. Connelly doesn’t try to make us love the character, and neither does Mr. Furman. He exploits Mr. McConaughey’s facile charm, pulling us into Mick’s gravitational field, where he first counts the cash and then tries to do good. The cash is the easy part.

There are modest pleasures in a familiar story told differently enough that you’re happy to keep guessing and watching, despite this one’s five-ending pileup of a finish. Mr. Connelly was inspired by Raymond Chandler, and it shows in Mick’s jaded rap, and it’s likely that Mr. Furman watched Steven Soderbergh’s “Out of Sight.” “The Lincoln Lawyer” doesn’t approach those heights. But these are first-rate influences, and there’s much to like in how those inspirations have been absorbed, including the wrung-out life that Mr. McConaughey summons up and the sight of Michael Peña, as one of Mick’s old clients, going from freaked-out innocent to stone-cold lifer in a few short scenes. This is an agreeably nasty tale about a corrupt lawyer working all the angles, including, it’s safe to assume, a possible movie franchise.

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Mar 24, 2011
    Has very little soul to speak of, but it's got swagger to burn.
  2. Reviewed by: James White
    Mar 19, 2011
    A solid thriller with McConaughey doing what he does best.
  3. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Mar 18, 2011
    If The Lincoln Lawyer has nothing new of substance to offer in its tale of life on the judicial margins, it has relaxed L.A. atmosphere to burn.