The Lucky One

5.6

1. Apr 21, 2015
    ZAC EFRON IS BABE. Ahem. Taylor Schilling had absolutely no presence in this film, leaving us with half a lead missing. ZAC EFRON IS A BABE. Sorry, not sorry.
  2. Aug 29, 2012
    Typical date night film. Weak screenplay that would have been better had they allowed Zak Efron's character to actually save the ex husband from drowning. Zac and Taylor are pretty too watch but neither one of them come off as being mature strong actors. They rather appear like daytime soap opera performers. Blythe Danner is the only one in the film who is actually convincing.
  3. Jun 19, 2012
    Good performances and generally strong emotional moments are sadly let down enough by the over the top predictable melodrama. I give this movie 56% of a good movie.
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    First of all, I'm not a Nicholas Sparks fan. I like his the plots of his novels but when it comes to the movie, it is quite disappointing. I watched some of the movies which are based on the novels of Nicholas Sparks. One of these is The Lucky One. The actors were great actually but I think there is something wrong with the movie itself. It lacks of impact to the viewers. It did not makeFirst of all, I'm not a Nicholas Sparks fan. I like his the plots of his novels but when it comes to the movie, it is quite disappointing. I watched some of the movies which are based on the novels of Nicholas Sparks. One of these is The Lucky One. The actors were great actually but I think there is something wrong with the movie itself. It lacks of impact to the viewers. It did not make me feel I want to be in love. It is quite disappointing. Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2012
    Sorry to all the people, but I think that the movie is guy (yes I'm like this type of movies), I think that is good watching Zac Efron in other movies (after HSM), but the problem is his performance, is not the better, have some moments but need be better, the rest of the cast have regular performances. Now the story, is good, romantic, and all this things, but the problem is theSorry to all the people, but I think that the movie is guy (yes I'm like this type of movies), I think that is good watching Zac Efron in other movies (after HSM), but the problem is his performance, is not the better, have some moments but need be better, the rest of the cast have regular performances. Now the story, is good, romantic, and all this things, but the problem is the development, have some problems in the story of the movie. The Lucky One is for the girls that like of this genre of movies (I included), but the rest of the people can watch other thing. Expand
  6. Apr 20, 2012
    I've got to admit, the setup works, but the climax is pure deus ex machina. The Lucky One begins with circumstances falling upon Logan, and ends with circumstances exonerating him from the need to do anything about his rival, Keith. This is weak storytelling. At least the cinematography has everything there should be in a date movie; sunrise and sunset shots, carefully placed lens flareI've got to admit, the setup works, but the climax is pure deus ex machina. The Lucky One begins with circumstances falling upon Logan, and ends with circumstances exonerating him from the need to do anything about his rival, Keith. This is weak storytelling. At least the cinematography has everything there should be in a date movie; sunrise and sunset shots, carefully placed lens flare in moments of passionate kissing, etc. It's a pretty movie, I'll give it that, but the casting in The Lucky One doesn't work. Efron is all wrong for the role, in any realistic sense. He's got to be the scrawniest, most sensitive marine I've ever seen, and Schilling is lacking in the having "it" category. For a tale of love and lust, The Lucky One comes up half short. Full review on my blog. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    May 7, 2012
    A through-and-through weepie that's unlikely to convert any Sparks naysayers. The darker hues of its war-based story nonetheless make the sugary excesses easier to swallow.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Apr 30, 2012
    "The Notebook" may have had us blubbing but since then Nicholas Sparks adaptions have offered thin pickings for cinemagoers. For all Efron's boyish charms, this one could be the most ordinary of the lot.
  3. Reviewed by: Tal Rosenberg
    Apr 22, 2012
    As long as Efron's shirt comes off, he could play an accountant and no one in the target audience would care.