6.5

1. Aug 11, 2010
    Obsession is a disease, a dark fleeting sensation that can drive one person to do things that they normally would not do, driving the individual to the brink of insanity that can destroy the personâ
  2. Mar 21, 2011
    A great psychological thriller that is done well with Jim Carrey and all of the critics that has been saying that this movie sucks, they suck.
  3. Aug 18, 2011
    Good film. For Jim doing a serious role he does it well. Better than what the media were saying about it. Im actually going to watch it again tonight lol only my second time but its worth another watch
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    Wow. This is a strange, creepy horror film that steadily ramps up the fear as the plot chugs along. There are a few spots when it's a little tough to keep your disbelief out of the way, but you'll enjoy this film more if you just let go and have fun with it. It made me want to get books about strange math and science phenomena. Also, the cast did well. Jim Carrey's character starts out asWow. This is a strange, creepy horror film that steadily ramps up the fear as the plot chugs along. There are a few spots when it's a little tough to keep your disbelief out of the way, but you'll enjoy this film more if you just let go and have fun with it. It made me want to get books about strange math and science phenomena. Also, the cast did well. Jim Carrey's character starts out as a seemingly normal person, whose life gets increasingly caught up in a trap of obsession with the title number. Try to watch this film and not start counting stuff afterwards! :) Expand
  5. May 19, 2012
    I've watched many Movies of Jim Carrey.When he did something different than comedy in Man on the moon ,The Truman Show,Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind,These movies were so great.
    When i watched the trailer of this movie. My expectations got high.
    When i watched the trailer of this movie. My expectations got high.
    After watching the movie i was disappointed.Clearly it is a psycho-thriller movie with neo-noir style.I quite liked the visual elements and Jim Carrey did a good job.Despite of the good concept.The movie is not that good.
    It has a promising start but when Walter starts to read book,slowly slowly everything goes wrong and somewhat boring.
    It's plot is too thin and movie is unimpressive in many parts.
    Cheesy dialogues bring it down and movie is never that creepy the way it should be.
    Overall, it delivers a rambling, confusing narrative with only a few stylistic elements thrown in.it could have been much much better as for JIm Carrey
    But i liked it in parts.
  6. Feb 19, 2014
    Jim Carrey's performance was amazing, reminding us once more that he's not all funny faces and slapstick humor. Unfortunately for him the movie could be better. It's kind of well done from a stylistic point of view I guess? I'm not savvy about technicalities, but other than a slight inconsistency between the noir not-so-side story and the main plot which may very well beJim Carrey's performance was amazing, reminding us once more that he's not all funny faces and slapstick humor. Unfortunately for him the movie could be better. It's kind of well done from a stylistic point of view I guess? I'm not savvy about technicalities, but other than a slight inconsistency between the noir not-so-side story and the main plot which may very well be intentional/alternative, it wasn't bad. The idea was good too, I guess I can kind of relate to the numbers obsession in a way due to some sort of slight OCD I have when it gets to numbers and stuff. But yeah, the plot was kinda forced and had very weak points and minor nonsense. Expand
  7. Apr 18, 2013
    Micheal Jordan`s number 23, 23 bottles of beer on the wall, 23 problems but a b&%% ain`t one, 10 plus 10 plus 3 equals 23 this is how this ridiculous movie goes! What a pointless movie.
  8. May 26, 2014
    Well, the number 23 is a special to me. It's my birth date and I consider myself, it's a lucky number. This is the number which always pops-out when I wanted to pick a number. During watching team sports I always watch-out for who's wearing a jersey with this number. So the number 23 is everything to me and watched this movie 7 years ago (today, 2014) with high expectations which stood upWell, the number 23 is a special to me. It's my birth date and I consider myself, it's a lucky number. This is the number which always pops-out when I wanted to pick a number. During watching team sports I always watch-out for who's wearing a jersey with this number. So the number 23 is everything to me and watched this movie 7 years ago (today, 2014) with high expectations which stood up to my belief. Here I am after a re-watch.

You know mystery movie are not meant to watch again and again, because you won't get that real twist when you re-watch. That is a big drawback in this particular genre. All we need is to give a good concentration while we watch for the first time and must not miss a single dialogues. But in my case I saw it a long ago, now I didn't remember much of the movie scene except the storyline. So I had a little advantage over that to view it again and I am glad this movie impressed me in the second time as well.

You won't see much of Jim Carrey in a serious role. This is one of those where he's out of his league, the comedies. I thought it was a dark comedy, at least it kick started sounding like that way. But after progressing with good story development it turned so ridiculously deep into a main character who was obsessed with the number 23. It began with a simple misunderstanding over a something, but later digs intellectually with more broader expansion towards a parallel story that was written in a red book.

It is a great movie, which stays true to its genre and makes audience to begin their guessing game soon the red book enters into the frames. It also had a wonderful twist with the meaningful dialogues at the end. It is a must see movie from the perspective of the Jim Carrey's filmography. One of the movies of him to remember his appearance in a divergent character than usual. Hope I gonna see it again after some years from now on and expect to remain same warmth, maintaining everlasting strength from its main plot to deliver me.
  9. Apr 7, 2013
    This is a good movie. Despite what the media may think of the plot and Jim Carrey's performance, it is a film that got me hooked the moment it began. Sure, there may be some scenes that fall below others, but as a whole, it is better than many may think.
  10. Jun 26, 2013
    23. 23. 23. 23! 23! 23! 23! TWENTY THREE! seflignogjaspibaoba bdglasdgdgadgadga...............................

The director of Batman and Robin strikes again. To Schumacher's credit, he has made a few good films. Phone Booth is a good film. The Lost Boys. The Phantom of the Opera........ Kind of. This film just isn't good. I don't know who green lit this. All I know is they should be

This film just isn't good. I don't know who green lit this. All I know is they should be fired. This script really is one of the worst things I have had to sit through, and it was a shame. The performances tried and tried to give something interesting, but when nearly every line leaves me sighing or just plain laughing out loud. Something is not right.

I liked the idea, but everything that followed was just ridiculous. Stupid, silly twists. And there is only so many times that the characters can say 23.

The direction was also weird in places. Some scenes just made everything feel awkward- mostly down to the editing.

Just don't watch it. Just *sigh*.
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    Jim Carrey to play in a psychological thriller??? No sir!! The movie could have been better if the role of Jim Carrey was played by someone else. There are so many actors to play this role and they chose Jim???? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

There are no critic reviews yet.