7.7

1. Aug 19, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a cool twist on a children’s movie, calling for audience participation. Seems very “now” and my kids thoroughly enjoyed following the Oogieloves on their adventures. No surprise, given that we are in the generation of “WII”, the only thing I want to know it why it took so long for something like this to come out? I would recommend this film forOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a cool twist on a children’s movie, calling for audience participation. Seems very “now” and my kids thoroughly enjoyed following the Oogieloves on their adventures. No surprise, given that we are in the generation of “WII”, the only thing I want to know it why it took so long for something like this to come out? I would recommend this film for parents who are sick of seeing the same old films, either under different names or under the guise of sequels. This is a unique film—love it or hate it, its not your typical Disney fare. Expand
  2. Aug 19, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures is the store of a group of friends who go around town (Lovelyloveville), exploring the world around them, talking to people, and trying to find lost balloons for their friend’s surprise party.

The story is simple but the actual movie is more interesting. First off, it has an all-star cast: Toni Braxton, Jaime Pressley and Christopher Lloyd. It also has some awesome sets, such as the diner, although I also liked the bedroom in the pajama song, and seeing how each character matches up with his/her bed The songs are cheery, and the concept is fun—sing-a-long and dance-a-long as the Oogieloves go on their big adventure.

I would recommend this film for families who feel like they are in a movie-seeing rut. This is definitely a different film, and will get you to bust a move! Fun for the family together, and all the dance moves are a great way for your kids to work out their energy, and parents to work off some calories!!! Fun for all.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures is a great summer film. The songs are happy and help drive the plot forward, and also show off some of its cast’s great singing abilities. The sets are cool, clearly thought out to be visually interesting with the character’s costumes. And the characters themselves are also cool, and each have their own thing going on behind the stage, such as J.Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures is a great summer film. The songs are happy and help drive the plot forward, and also show off some of its cast’s great singing abilities. The sets are cool, clearly thought out to be visually interesting with the character’s costumes. And the characters themselves are also cool, and each have their own thing going on behind the stage, such as J. Edgar’s crush on Windy. Ah, love! Expand
  4. Aug 19, 2013
    it
    now
    on DVD
    so we can enjoy it
    at home! We liked it the first time it came out,

and now when
    we play it at
    home, we
    already know the dance moves
    so
    its that much more fun!
  6. Aug 19, 2013
    This movie was really cool to see in theaters since everyone got up and danced. At home its nice, because mommy can really join in without worrying about looking silly!
  7. Aug 19, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures is a sweet film for the summer. It has cool songs, a cool concept (being interactive and all) and star power (Toni Braxton and Christopher Lloyd). All in all, something for everyone. Worth seeing also just to understand all the hype!
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    My kids are quite active and normally hate going to the movies since they would much rather be running around outside. However, summer storms and heat waves happen, so I am glad there is a film like this out there! Even my children, who normally do not like films, like dancing and singing along with the oogieloves! If your kids are like mine, I strongly suggest getting your hands on this film.
  9. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures follows three friends around as they scout out missing balloons. There is Zoozie, a cute red head with a love for languages, Goobie, a green science lover, and the bold Toofie, who may just have a mohalk (its unclear). Together, they form the Oogieloves, who act as tourguides throughout the film of Lovelyloveville. We meet more friends and visitOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventures follows three friends around as they scout out missing balloons. There is Zoozie, a cute red head with a love for languages, Goobie, a green science lover, and the bold Toofie, who may just have a mohalk (its unclear). Together, they form the Oogieloves, who act as tourguides throughout the film of Lovelyloveville. We meet more friends and visit cool places, and I couldn’t help but root for the oogieloves to find their missing balloons—which they do (spoiler alert), just in the nick of time. Expand
  10. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a film you should add to your video collection. Toni Braxton and a great cast, catchy songs and a peppy goldfish: good time guaranteed for all!
  11. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is the story of three friends who go on a series of adventures to find some special balloons that were inadvertently lost by a kind-hearted but clumsy friend. In the film, your kids will meet some awesome characters—a talking mirror, a beautiful Toni Braxton, a vacuum cleaner guardian, a shy pillow.
  12. Aug 21, 2013

My kids, aged 4 and 6, love this movie. The film

My kids, aged 4 and 6, love this movie. The film itself is short—less than an hour and a half—but it is a nice thing to watch on a rainy day. Pop it into your DVD player, sit back and watch your kids sing and dance along! It is really cute to see your kids move around and sing! One warning: just be sure they haven’t eaten right before as all the movement may cause some angry tummies! Definitely not the type of movie you should get a big tub of popcorn for!!!
  13. Aug 21, 2013
    My family just got this movie on DVD. We were never able to see it in theaters, for whatever reason, but really enjoy owning it. When my kids have a playdate, their friends always want to watch it, even multiple times in one sitting! Very cute to watch my little ones wiggle around and sing along.
  14. Aug 21, 2013
    I would suggest Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure for anyone who is tired of seeing another Disney/ pixar film…like me and my family!!! Seriously, I don’t know how much more I could have taken of the same old stuff.

OOgieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a great adventure. To create a awesome surprise party for friend’s birthday, the Ooogieloves (GOOBIE, ZOOBIE and TOOFIE) have to trek around town to find the magical balloons that were lost by the super clumsy J. Edgar (admittedly, one of the film’s most annoying characters). While going on their search for these balloons, they meet all these cool characters, Rosalie Rosebud, a talking goldfish, a cool man who works in a cow diner…. The list goes on and on!

Another good thing about Oogieloves besides for this is that it is designed to be interactive—i.e., the audience should get up and dance! Get up and SING!!! GET UP AND PARTICIPATE AND MOVE AROUND!

Definitely a welcomed change in my book, for me and my family. A good hour and one half of solid entertainment.
  15. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a great escape from the humdrum of everyday life! Ok, I guess that could be said about much of children’s entertainment, but Oogieloves felt exciting and different, kind of the way I think other people must have felt when telitubs first came out… Oogieloves look different from a lot of other characters out there, and the sets are very creative andOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a great escape from the humdrum of everyday life! Ok, I guess that could be said about much of children’s entertainment, but Oogieloves felt exciting and different, kind of the way I think other people must have felt when telitubs first came out… Oogieloves look different from a lot of other characters out there, and the sets are very creative and interactive looking—like things are always changing, so you have to keep an eye out for any little changes (like the mirror’s drapes!) My kids and I loved watching for every little change, and this is what keeps the film exciting after repeated viewings—that, and the fact that the songs just get better with age! Expand
  16. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a simple, cute film. In an hour and a half, your family will meet the Oogieloves and their friends, tour Lovelyloveville and learn some snazzy dance moves/ catchy songs. All in all, not too shabby!!!!!! I watched this movie with my whole family. My two cute babies also loved it.
    Wonderful moment. Lovely story.
  17. Aug 21, 2013
    One of my children (age 6) saw this for a friend’s birthday party (which in itself is interesting since the film is about several friends throwing a birthday party for another friend). He said how much fun he had and came home singing/ dancing. He BEGGED me to take him to see the film again, and soon his sister did too! But I read all the bad reviews and couldn’t bear to spend $50 on aOne of my children (age 6) saw this for a friend’s birthday party (which in itself is interesting since the film is about several friends throwing a birthday party for another friend). He said how much fun he had and came home singing/ dancing. He BEGGED me to take him to see the film again, and soon his sister did too! But I read all the bad reviews and couldn’t bear to spend $50 on a crappy family movie night!

Flash forward to this past week when I saw it for sale. I bought it as a surprise for my children, and they were so happy! Such a simple present but they were so happy! Even now, I am sitting with them in the den while they dance and sing along to the film, and am super glad I got this for them. A great film for little kids! One thing, though, is that Oogieloves is much better for LITTLE (re: under 7/8); my 6 year old loved it but I think he is really in the older age bracket for enjoying the film.
  18. Aug 21, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure came out last year and according to Wikipedia was a super huge box office flop. It also has received a lot of bad reviews, really mean ones too! I can’t really tell you why people are getting so angry about it… Oogieloves was a sweet film. My family borrowed a copy from a friend, and liked it so much we shortly went out to buy a copy of our own. ItsOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure came out last year and according to Wikipedia was a super huge box office flop. It also has received a lot of bad reviews, really mean ones too! I can’t really tell you why people are getting so angry about it… Oogieloves was a sweet film. My family borrowed a copy from a friend, and liked it so much we shortly went out to buy a copy of our own. Its fun to dance and sing too, though quite frankly I don’t dance as much as I should! Still, my kids like it and that’s what matters. At such a great price too, if your kids ask for it, why not just buy it and be supermommy for a day? Expand
  19. Aug 22, 2013
    Who is the singer? Her voice is greMy daughter raves about this film! She is just five, but somehow her love of this film has spread throughout her kindergarden class. Her friends come over and they just want to watch this film! I happily oblige and put it on—great family entertainment, a lot better than a lot of the other drudge that is on tv.at!
  20. Aug 22, 2013
    Booging with the Oogieloves is a great way to spend the summer. Last year, I took my three children to see it in theaters and we had a great time to see it. When the movie came out on DVD, my kids begged and begged for me to buy it, which I didn’t at the time (I hate begging). Anyway, after months and months, I decided to buy it as a surprise present for them and they were ecstatic!Booging with the Oogieloves is a great way to spend the summer. Last year, I took my three children to see it in theaters and we had a great time to see it. When the movie came out on DVD, my kids begged and begged for me to buy it, which I didn’t at the time (I hate begging). Anyway, after months and months, I decided to buy it as a surprise present for them and they were ecstatic! Everyone is a year older, but they still all dig the movie. The songs are great for any age group too! Expand
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice flick to watch on a rainy or super hot day. Pop the dvd in the player, tell your kids you have a surprise for them, tell them you have a surprise or a special movie to show them, and then let the games begin! Even in the generation of Dora the Explorer, WII and touch screens, I can bet your kids will have never seen something like thisOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice flick to watch on a rainy or super hot day. Pop the dvd in the player, tell your kids you have a surprise for them, tell them you have a surprise or a special movie to show them, and then let the games begin! Even in the generation of Dora the Explorer, WII and touch screens, I can bet your kids will have never seen something like this before! Sit back and see how they react.

My youngest child didn’t initially understand that he was supposed to dance and sing along, so it was cute to watch his big sister explain to him “the rules” of the game, if you will. It made me happy to see them playing together so nicely, especially after a day of being cooped up in doors which normally makes any kid a little cranky!

I suggest Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure for families with children of different age groups, who want an interactive film experience instead of the same old film you have seen (and paid for) dozens of times.
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to watch with your family if you have young kids. It might not have the all-ages appeal of other children’s movies, but your children will love it and it is always good to try something new, especially when the film comes out on DVD for a fraction of the cost of seeing it in theaters!
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    Check out Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure this summer! A quirky, interactive film that lets you sing along. The songs are so catchy you won’t be able to stop yourself, and the story is about friends helping friends, which is always a good moral to pass on to your family.
  24. Aug 22, 2013
    I saw Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure last year with my children. They immediately fell in love with it and couldn’t stop dancing the dances or singing the songs or staying how they wanted to see it again!!! We almost did go back even, that is how much we loved it, but in this economy we decided to wait till it came out on DVD to save some money.

We are now in proud ownership of

We are now in proud ownership of the movie and I would say that my kids watch the film somewhere between once and three times a week. Children in general can watch the same movie or read the same book over and over again—its not about finding out what happens necessarily, but experiencing their favorite parts. This movie also gets better each time you see it because you already know the dance moves and it is like singing along with your favorite song—one you know the lyrics (or at least the chorus) you can really let loose. Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is the type of film I wish they had had out when I was a little kid. At least I get to live it vicariously as a mom!
  25. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has something for everyone—music, dancing, great costumes and funky sets.Unlike most of these reviews, I actually didn’t love the songs in the movie, although Rosie Rosebud, played by Grammy winner Toni Braxton, sure has some pipes on her. I should mention that my kids liked the songs. But for me, I stayed to watch because of the clever characters—aOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has something for everyone—music, dancing, great costumes and funky sets.Unlike most of these reviews, I actually didn’t love the songs in the movie, although Rosie Rosebud, played by Grammy winner Toni Braxton, sure has some pipes on her. I should mention that my kids liked the songs. But for me, I stayed to watch because of the clever characters—a fashion forward mirror, a paternal vacuum cleaner, the awesome staff at the cow diner. I would recommend this to a family with young kids looking for a nice film to watch together. Collapse
  26. Aug 22, 2013
    My kids and I kind of randomly happened upon Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure in the store. My oldest (aged 6) liked the bring packaging—she loves colors and saw that one of the characters had glasses, like her. We bought the film and took it home and watched it that evening. My two kids really enjoyed Lovelyloveville and getting a chance to explore a new place and learn new songs.My kids and I kind of randomly happened upon Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure in the store. My oldest (aged 6) liked the bring packaging—she loves colors and saw that one of the characters had glasses, like her. We bought the film and took it home and watched it that evening. My two kids really enjoyed Lovelyloveville and getting a chance to explore a new place and learn new songs. In that way, it really was an adventure!

Another thing I liked about the film was that this really was a children’s film. I didn’t feel like there were any subtle inappropriate undertones designed to appeal to an adult audience. This was pure children’s entertainment, although its great cast (Toni Braxton, Jaime Pressly, Christopher Lloyd) are a wink to the parents in the room. That said, these stars are great in the film, and my kids especially liked Lero Sombrero, played by Lloyd, even though they obviously had no idea who he was.
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to take young kids to see. A cute mix of the teletubies, Dora the Explorer and karaoke… My family would see it again today!
    My kids laughed in this film, and sang with the songs (which they do anyway with most films, but at least with this one, they were supposed to!) and moved around to the music and cheered for the Ooogieloves. Great to see a movie where kids can be kids and make some noise!!!
  28. Aug 22, 2013
    My child saw this Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure at a friend’s house and loved it. He came home singing the songs, and I soon went out and bought it for him to. He loves watching it with friends. One suggestion: my son is the only young child in the family, so I would suggest it for families with more than one little one just because the film is interactive/ social, so it is muchMy child saw this Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure at a friend’s house and loved it. He came home singing the songs, and I soon went out and bought it for him to. He loves watching it with friends. One suggestion: my son is the only young child in the family, so I would suggest it for families with more than one little one just because the film is interactive/ social, so it is much more fun to do with others. Expand
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to watch with your family. In it, the 3 main characters, Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie (the Oogieloves) go on an adventure to recover 5 missing balloons which their clumsy (and in my opinion, frustrating but well-intention friend/ caretaker) J Edgar lost in the film’s beginning. One of my favorite characters is Windy, the magical mirrorOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a nice film to watch with your family. In it, the 3 main characters, Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie (the Oogieloves) go on an adventure to recover 5 missing balloons which their clumsy (and in my opinion, frustrating but well-intention friend/ caretaker) J Edgar lost in the film’s beginning. One of my favorite characters is Windy, the magical mirror (and J. Edgar’s love interest) who can show the Oogieloves whatever they want, including the balloons being lost. We also meet Ruffy, the charmingly grumpy goldfish.

Like I mentioned, the film is a nice family film. I suggest putting it on those night your children seem to have just a little too much energy to go to bed, those nights (you know what I am talking about) when they are very jumpy and energetic. Perhaps they napped too long during the day, perhaps they someone had too much sugar… look no further: Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a great way for them to get their energy out in a healthy way. Get your hands on Oogieloves!
  30. Aug 22, 2013
    Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a sing-a-long, move-a-long children’s film, with “echoes” of the teletubies and Dora the Explorer. In certain ways, the Oggieloves also reminded me of movies and television shows from my childhood since each character seemed to be well thoughtout. Today, in movies for adults and kids alike, I can’t help but feel like everything is special effectsOogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure is a sing-a-long, move-a-long children’s film, with “echoes” of the teletubies and Dora the Explorer. In certain ways, the Oggieloves also reminded me of movies and television shows from my childhood since each character seemed to be well thoughtout. Today, in movies for adults and kids alike, I can’t help but feel like everything is special effects driven. Plot and characters often go out the window, especially in Hollywood blockbusters.

However, Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure has characters who really seem to have a backstory. For example, J Edgar, the admittedly slightly incompetent vacuum cleaner nanny, who maybe has issues of his own that we don’t see, is in love with the brilliant Windy, a magical mirror and my daughter’s favorite character.

Oogieloves is a charming film to watch with your kids. It has great tunes, colorful costumes and some great dance moves. See this film and have a rocking good time! Have your children check it out—you won’t be disappointed!

1. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Sep 1, 2012
    If the target audience for this film were any younger, they'd be embryos.
    The song and dance interaction of kids hollering advice during Blue's Clues happens here on the big screen, which is meant to transform the movie into a social event of sorts.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Biancolli
    Aug 30, 2012
    The whole thing runs about an hour too long: It should have been a TV show. The adventure's too big for the kids who would love it the most.