6.8

1. Aug 26, 2012
    I agree with the user rucknrun, this movie was awful, absolutely awful:- Will Ferrell was lame and boring, Mark was yelling all the time, Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L Jackson's very short scenes didn't make sense at all. and the movie just drags on and on with failed humor attempts and a very unappealing cast, i was watching it with my friend and we both hoped it will end soon, we eventually turned it off !!
    if u ever get your hands on a DVD of it, remove it right away, it's a terrible movie !!!
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    Maybe I have a strange sense of what's funny and what's not, but aside from 1 or 2 chuckles, I sat thru this film stoney-faced. Rather than sophisticated humor and wit, the film tries to survive on slapstick and just plain stupidity/silliness, most of which was so un-funny, it actually made me squirm uncomfortably in my chair, bored and actually embarrassed for the people that spent time and money making this movie. Best example: The "FBI Mug" scene in the car... Ferrell keeps repeating the "Female Body Inspector" thing over and over-- It wasn't even funny the 1st time. When Wahlberg throws the mug out the window, I realized that somehow, that was meant to be the rib-splitting climax of the scene, and I just sat there staring, thinking "Omigod"! To me, I hesitate to rent comedies, because they're either truly funny, or (more often than not) simply painful. "The Other Guys" is a glaring example of the second category. Personally, I'd rather watch "Seinfeld" reruns.. now THAT is actually the kind of humor I can laugh out loud to! Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2011
    Words are wasted on this one...truly awful. A fat Samuel Jackson, the worst performance of Mark Wahlberg's career, as a matter of fact, you need to only watch the first five minutes of this nonsense to get a sense for how bad it is, because it sure never gets any better...
  4. Feb 8, 2011
    I love Will Ferrell but this movie was awful. Full of painfully unfunny ad libbing, it reminded me of the truly terrible Semi-Pro . I really do like Ferrell's ad-libs normally - it's what makes him so great, but this movie seemed to have no structured script whatsoever. I am amazed none of the critics gave negative reviews. The sizable number of mixed and negative user reviews tell a truer story. Oh, and Steve Coogan's ticket joke was nicked out of Smack The Pony. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2011
    I was very disappointed with this film!!! It was surprisingly dry for a comedy!!! Their must have been a lot of inside jokes or I just identify with some the "humor"(and I say that likely) in this film. At one point I think I actually yawned a little bit. Bottom line, this film was a snoozer, so WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Acting: Blah
    Storyline: Stupid
    Characters: Forgettable
  6. Jan 28, 2011
    This movie was horrible! It seems like they had no script and Will Farell is just making it up as he goes along. And what he makes up isn't funny and doesn't even make sense. Mark Wahlberg's acting is atrocious! He is not funny at all! I was so bored and couldn't even get through it. Save your time.
  7. Jan 26, 2011
    This is a terrible movie. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time. It gets mediocre reviews only because Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are in it, but they're pretty lousy too.
  8. Nov 17, 2010
    The most entertaining thing about this film was the Rage Against the Machine song in the end credits, for that it gains a solitary point, it is so without merit. Who reviewed this film?! How is it positive?

-edit- I know know... you accidentally press submit on 10.
  9. Oct 17, 2010
    I don't know what it was, but I was just bored in theaters when I saw this. I like Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell, but this one just didn't do it for me. Maybe I should take a second look at it, but right now I don't think this one had much of anything funny.
  10. Sep 28, 2010
    It is true that some parts are laugh out loud funny, but the majority of the movie is just stupid and even, at times, boring. Mark Wahlberg was horrible, but Will Ferrell gave one of his better performances, in a movie that was one of his best. But that doesn't mean "The Other Guys" was a good movie by any means.
  11. Sep 26, 2010
    Truly an awful film. I can't understand why people are raving about. Not clever, not funny. Felt like asking for my money back when I left the cinema. Maybe you have to be a teenage male American to enjoy it. Or just have no brain.
  12. Sep 11, 2010
    This is another case of an average movie being over-hyped via advertising. You do laugh in a few spots, but the rest of the humour is rather crude. In some points you wonder how that makes sense and others are just completely random, only put in to try and wench a laugh out of you. Will Ferrell doesn't play his character believably and Mark Wahlberg doesn't do well either and ends up stale an boring. The action seems to be purposely Hollywood and completely unbelievable. If you want a good laugh and don't mind losing two hours of your life then you may as well see Despicable Me. Expand
  13. Sep 5, 2010
    This movie was a little different from the average cop-buddy film and that is good. There were some funny parts but much of the funny stuff was just kind of stupid and only mildly funny . Most of the funny jokes were way over played and repeated several times throughout the film, they were funny once but after two, three, or more times they were a snooze. The characters were somehat odd, Michael Keaton played a soft spoken chief and just was not funny, Mark W's character was even more odd at time. I would definitely wait for the dvd Expand
  14. Sep 4, 2010
    Ferrell and Wahlberg do the best they can with the material they've been given but it's never enough to really hold your attention and it's never enough to really make this film worth the price of admission alone.
  15. Aug 31, 2010
    This movie was not good. I am not sure what everyone else was watching. I really did not get it. The movie was so tired. Marky Mark yelling all the time was so tiresome.
  16. Aug 21, 2010
    This is a plodding, not funny movie. You will have to be a strong Wil Ferrell fan to get any enjoyment out of this movie. It is so tedious that I regretted not going with my wife to see Eat,Pray, Love. Wahlberg is normally pretty good but has to overact way too much in this movie as if we will not believe how bad it is.
  17. Aug 11, 2010
    Ferrell is capable of huge comic performances, however The Other Guys was not that performance. There were not enough funny lines in this film by either Ferrell or Wahlberg, and I found my self waiting for the funny stuff in between the movie itself. It felt like there was a sub-par story that took way too long to tell, and inside the telling of this story I waited impatiently for the next bout of comic relief (which happened way to infrequently). My expectations of Ferrell are set based on the antics in Talladega Nights, Anchorman, and Step Brothers, but at no point within this movie was Ferrell able to take over and put his hilarious signature on it. Eva Longorio was the best part of this movie, while the "hot girls love Ferrell's character" joke was just not that funny after the Eva Longorio dinner scene. I don't recommend this film, nor will I likely watch it again on DVD.

Waiting for Anchorman 2 instead.
  18. Aug 11, 2010
    Will Ferrell, with his stock (semi retarded?) character is turning into an American 'Mister Bean.' Have you seen one of his other movies? Then you've seen this one, except this one gets 'preachy' at the end, a sure sign a Hollywood actor is getting too comfortable and stale. Unfortunately, Mark Wahlberg is along for the ride and can't get the seatbelt to unfasten.

1. Here the filmmakers are in fine fettle, which goes a long way to make much of the low-brow silliness and slapstick infectious.
  2. Reviewed by: James White
    Skewers the action genre while also finding room for sheer madness. We've still yet to see the equal of Ron Burgundy, but this latest offering is a wonky yet worthy addition to the McKay/Ferrell pantheon.
  3. Reviewed by: Randy Cordova
    A surprising, laugh-out-loud take on the old buddy-cop genre. It's sneaky and smartly funny, offering an almost perfect balance of action and comedy. That's the good news. Then there's the matter of the movie's disheartening final 25 minutes.