7.1

1. Dec 26, 2012
    Scared me so much I had to stop watching and finish it in the morning. Granted, I was watching alone in the dark after midnight. But still, I'm a horror junkie in my 30s and haven't been scared like that in years! Good movie!
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    The Pact. This film scared me to the point that I had to stop watching it twice. Seriously, when the camera is directed towards a pitch dark room, you can feel evil lurking. The great lead actress was easy to identify with. The very naturalistic house -just an average old house- made the supernatural elements even more effective. Man, it was too scary, that is my only problem.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    "The Pact" is a tautly engrossing thriller/horror flick, playing down the special effects you'll see in most of its peers and relying almost entirely on quiet suspense and scares most of the time. When Annie returns to her deceased mother's home, she soon finds herself trying to track down the secret behind a disturbing supernatural presence. The plot twists are a lot of fun, and the climax itself is superb. Overall a very watchable choice for the horror/suspense fan. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Jul 6, 2012
    Familiar elements such as a dark family secret, a ghost and a Ouija board start to seem trite after a while, and the third act is a little ridiculous, but debut writer-director Nicholas McCarthy does a lot with a little and seems fully prepared to handle a big-studio horror project.
  2. Reviewed by: Manohla Dargis
    Jul 5, 2012
    In the end, like a lot of genre movies, this one pulls from different inspirations, and so weighs in, by turns, as overly predictable and satisfyingly recognizable (part of genre cinema's one-two punch).
  3. Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    Jul 5, 2012
    For her part, Lotz carries the load with such briskly efficient confidence, it's no surprise to learn that she's already got several more movies on the way.