8.3

1. Jan 13, 2012
    I loved this movie! I have watched the movie many more times than I can count. I love Emmy Rossum. She looks so beautiful throughout the whole movie. I also love Jennifer Ellison. She is so cute. Gerard Butler was a little pitchy at times but overall not bad at all. I really dislike Carlotta though. She makes me want to scream.
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    Well acted, Beautiful Music and a great storyline keeps this movie going until the very end
  3. Oct 20, 2013
    It's really a SPECTACULAR movie. The music and the effects are AMAZING. Gerard and Emmy did a really good job as Erik and Christine. Once I started watching I couldn't stop singing songs from it. The music is like drugs, once started you can't stop. The musical though is a little better than the movie.

1. Reviewed by: Jo Berry
    The end result, although entertaining and well-crafted, certainly isn't on the same breathtaking scale of, say, Alan Parker's epic "Evita."
  2. What the film most damagingly lacks though is a sense of mystery and danger.
    Watching the passionless Phantom, with its geriatric story-framing device, gooey dimestore romanticism and tawdry pop ballads about unrequited yearning, feels akin to dying and waking up in your parents’ easy-listening-radio hell.