6.5

1. Apr 3, 2011
    Very few movies have me laughing as much as this one did, one of Steve Martin's best, my only complaint with this movie is the topic of sex being brought up, which may make some parents not want to show there younger kids this movie, but for older audiences (teens to adults) it's a HILARIOUS movie I recommend.
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    Doesn't deserve all the bad press it got. Sure, it's a dumb comedy with a ridiculous plot (what soccer trainer tries to kill a pop star because she went out with two other guys?), but many of its jokes are very funny, and at the very least it's not a worthless waste of two hours like its sequel.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    Comedies these days have become far too predictable with gross outs and other modern techniques, but Steve Martin with vast years of experience and talent, really knows the genre of comedy. From slapstick, melodrama, parody, satire to the most subtle of facial cues , Steve can do it all. A comedy that can appeal to a wide range of age groups and people needs a good mix of comedy types, and Steve delivers on all levels. A great film for sheer talent. A tribute to Sellers. Expand
  4. Jun 10, 2013
    I have no idea why the critic score of this movie is so low. It's not amazing at all, but it's still a funny movie. It does what it was made to do, entertain you. Personally, I've never seen anything of the Pink Panther series, but looking at this movie as a newcomer it was fairly good.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    The Pink Panther has its really funny moments, and i mean really funny but besides those scenes everything was unimaginative, stupid and terrible acting. beyonce was a disgrace.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    To say I wasn't entertained by this movie would be a lie. It was funny, and I don't care how over the top ridiculous at times it got, it still managed to make me laugh and enjoy myself.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    It's only slightly amusing with average performances and a forgettable plot.
  8. Mar 9, 2014
    The Pink Panther is a rather incompetent remake, relying on toilet humor and Steve Martin's horrible French accent to win audiences over. But as much as you hate to admit it, it is quite funny at some parts.

1. Even with the inspired choice of Steve Martin in the Clouseau role, this "Panther" picture is more bumbling and fumbling than the blissfully oblivious, accident-prone Inspector.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Neither the disaster one might have suspected nor a fully realized madcap farce; rather, Steve Martin's foray as Inspector Clouseau exhibits bursts of wild-and-craziness, but hardly enough to sustain even its relatively brief running time.
    Martin makes a fine Clouseau, re-energizing musty old physical gags involving chandeliers and priceless vases, and rolling his tongue around a zesty form of pidgin French. If he ever finds his Blake Edwards, there may be hope for this franchise yet.