7.8

1. Mar 12, 2011
    Setting aside the fact that where each girls story line goes is pretty predictable, I really did enjoy this movie. The acting was better than decent, the plot was cute, and there might have even been a few moving moments.
  2. Mar 15, 2015
    Being a guy I was a little hesitant to watch this movie, but was glad I finally took the plunge. A nice little trip and window in the lives of four close friends. Pretty close to life itself as how friends lives change and things change in general as we all sprout our wings and fly. Its a thing called life! Beautiful movie and very well done including acting and the script. I wouldBeing a guy I was a little hesitant to watch this movie, but was glad I finally took the plunge. A nice little trip and window in the lives of four close friends. Pretty close to life itself as how friends lives change and things change in general as we all sprout our wings and fly. Its a thing called life! Beautiful movie and very well done including acting and the script. I would highly recommend it to any age or any sex. Expand

Although targeted primarily for girls in the 12-to-19-year old range, there's enough truth about friendship, love, and life in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to offer solid entertainment to almost anyone who gives it a chance.
  2. Fortunately, director Ken Kwapis, who's done a lot of briskly unsentimental TV work with young people--"Malcolm in the Middle," most notably--knows how to avoid mawk, keeps the squawk to a minimum, and gets wonderful performances out of at least two of the sisterhood, "Gilmore Girls'" Alexis Bledel as the modest Lena, and America Ferrera ("Real Women Have Curves") as the stubborn Carmen.
  3. Despite a few design flaws, "Pants" should wear well with its young female demo.