7.3

1. Dec 10, 2011
    The Sitter sets the benchmark for filth. It is gross, disgusting, demeaning, insulting... and that's why I lvoe it. This movie may put off most critics for the sheer vulgarity of it, but I've always found movies like this great. Gross-Out R-Rated Comedies like this and many others are my specialty. I love 'em, even the critically loathed ones (and this just adds to the list).
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    Not jonah hill's best work, but it was clever to make a raunchy film that basks in its own raunchiness to satirize this age old plot. if you watch it with the mindset that it is making fun of the typical "family high jinks" movie you can get a lot of laughs from it
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    It really wasn't a bad movie. Shallow plot with unusual characters makes the movie something out of the ordinary and was enjoyable. Not knee-slapping funny, but it will get a chuckle out of you.
  4. May 2, 2012
    Jonah Hill is not funny. This movie is tastless I like raunchy movies actually love them this piece of garbage is an insult to movies like American pie, miss march and so on. Having little kids curse every few minutes is just offensive and gross. The scenes that try to be heartbreaking and get you to feel for the characters is ridicalous
  5. May 3, 2012
    Hilarious, if your looking or a good laugh and don't mind some slightly vulgar humor and more than a few f-bombs this is for you, surprisingly it also touching at times and had some thought into making the characters with some depth, when I first heard about this movie I was dying to see it as I knew it was going to be fantastic, the surprising thing is it actually surpassed myHilarious, if your looking or a good laugh and don't mind some slightly vulgar humor and more than a few f-bombs this is for you, surprisingly it also touching at times and had some thought into making the characters with some depth, when I first heard about this movie I was dying to see it as I knew it was going to be fantastic, the surprising thing is it actually surpassed my expectations, as long as your cool with the more adult content this is truly a must watch. Expand
  6. Feb 22, 2013
    Jonah Hill is one of the funniest and most underrated comedic actors in all of Hollywood. I am not a huge fan of comedies, in fact, most of the films people consider to be the funniest movies of all time, I didn't like. Hill's films are one of the exceptions. I have to see every movie he is in because he is truly hysterical and makes everything he is in exceptional. The sitter didn't haveJonah Hill is one of the funniest and most underrated comedic actors in all of Hollywood. I am not a huge fan of comedies, in fact, most of the films people consider to be the funniest movies of all time, I didn't like. Hill's films are one of the exceptions. I have to see every movie he is in because he is truly hysterical and makes everything he is in exceptional. The sitter didn't have a very strong plot, but it was a hysterical movie that worked because of Hill. Everyone around him just follows his lead and plays off his energy and it was evident here. Hill along with three kids he's babysitting go on an unbelievable and hysterical adventure in NYC. It's one of those films you don't believe and that initial comes across as stupid, but it's also a film you can't stop watching because you want to see what happens next. Hill was fantastic, the three kids were great, and for once I actually enjoyed a comedy with Sam Rockwell in it. This film isn't going to change any lives or win any awards, but it was damn good and a lot of fun, I highly recommend it. Expand
  7. Jan 7, 2012
    Critics have been too harsh on this film, for every cheesy joke, there's at least ten hilarious gags to keep you on the edge of your seat. This raunch-filled babysitting movie does a great job at whats it's trying to do. It is a refreshing step-up from Jonah Hill's horrible Allen Gregory and David Gordon Green's ignorant Your Highness.
  8. Jul 10, 2012
    My dad wanted to get a new film and I say the 5.4 review and laughed wondering if he was having me on. But no, I ws very surprised at the many times that I just laughed out loud during this film. Though many may say the acting is woody and the plot is downright stupid, I partly agree but think that the high laugh factor I accumulated from it cancelled that all out.
  9. Nov 10, 2012
    If you liked harold and kumar go to white castle, beerfest,supertroopers,etc you will lvoe this movie. Dont listen to all the people giving this movie negative reviews. If you go in expecting a gross out hilarious comedy with no plot you will be very happy. If you watch it expecting to see the next godfather, you will be disappointed. Simple as that.
  10. Aug 21, 2015
    epic movie..................................................................................................................................................

The Sitter feels slapdash and quick, but you might not want to have it any other way.
  2. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Dec 15, 2011
    For a comedy, The Sitter is frightfully spare on full-bodied laughs.
  3. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Dec 13, 2011
    After "Pineapple Express" and "Your Highness," is Green now contractually obligated to revive every dead comedic subgenre of the '80s? What's next, a stoner-friendly "License to Drive"?