8.5

1. Apr 10, 2015
    A modern classic in the thriller genre, The Sixth Sense is proof that the standards have been lowering themselves since Hitchcock, and by a lot. It's not clear whether this film is at times trying to be actually scary or is simply hightening the tension, with half jump scares and some sketched attempt at a scary soundtrack. I don't see how people call the final "revelation" (and note theA modern classic in the thriller genre, The Sixth Sense is proof that the standards have been lowering themselves since Hitchcock, and by a lot. It's not clear whether this film is at times trying to be actually scary or is simply hightening the tension, with half jump scares and some sketched attempt at a scary soundtrack. I don't see how people call the final "revelation" (and note the inverted commas) a "twist", when it was clear from twenty minutes in what the situation was. Maybe, as I said, standards have been lowered so much that people go see thriller movies with their brains turned off. To put the icing on the cake, everything is whispered in the hopes of giving dialogue depth, obviously failing.

Anyway, not everything is terrible: the idea is brilliant on paper, and it was supported by somewhat decent performances by Bruce Willis (we don't get to say that often) and Toni Collette. In fact, I think their performances were great when you wager in the childish script they had to deal with.
  2. Mar 31, 2015
    I am amazed by Mr. Shyamalan's visionary stylish sense in which he has our focus grasped into a situation that seems very paranormal in this horror masterpiece. Bruce Willis stars as Malcolm Crowe an expert child psychiatrist whose life and career is left in tragedy, after the suicide of a former patient who tried to kill him for failing to cure him of mysterious hallucinations, and toI am amazed by Mr. Shyamalan's visionary stylish sense in which he has our focus grasped into a situation that seems very paranormal in this horror masterpiece. Bruce Willis stars as Malcolm Crowe an expert child psychiatrist whose life and career is left in tragedy, after the suicide of a former patient who tried to kill him for failing to cure him of mysterious hallucinations, and to make up for his mistakes tries to help solve the case of Cole Sear an 11-year old boy in an emotional rising star-worthy performance by Haley Joel Osment, who has the same disturbing hallucinations as the former. when it becomes clear that Cole has a paranormal ability to communicate with the dead, a phenomenon that no one else would understand, the two embark on a meaningful adventure to find redirection in their lives, as they struggle to unravel the truth and fight off the horrors of the unexplainable sixth sense,. a perfect modern day Hitchcock of epic proportions every elements of tense and taut emotionally suspenseful power makes this a must-see thriller of the modern age and really worth a benefit from watch, It Really Is Im glad to have seen this film its the best horror attraction but more tense and in meaning as well as complexity its like the Hitchcock movie Hitchcock never made its an exhilarating epic that is enjoyable even for young audiences. Expand
  3. Mar 30, 2015
    "The Sixth Sense" equates to little more than M. Night Shyamalan trying to compensate for his script's narrative shortcomings with an audacious twist ending that is illogical and does not make sense. Sound familiar? The atmosphere is built effectively enough for some chills, but the narrative is poorly thought out and meandering, and completely undercuts what suspense Shyamalan creates."The Sixth Sense" equates to little more than M. Night Shyamalan trying to compensate for his script's narrative shortcomings with an audacious twist ending that is illogical and does not make sense. Sound familiar? The atmosphere is built effectively enough for some chills, but the narrative is poorly thought out and meandering, and completely undercuts what suspense Shyamalan creates. With a placid, probably miscast Bruce Willis in the lead and Toni Collette performing well in an underwritten role, it is Haley Joel Osment who salvages the film with an empathetic and star-making portrait. It's a shame the rest of the film couldn't live up to his example. Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2015
    Packed with suspense and featuring a smart twist ending, The Sixth Sense is by far the finest M. Night Shyamalan movie to date as it passes the boundaries of modern horror and suspense movie tropes.
  5. Nov 21, 2014
    The Sixth Sense is just as down right eerie film. Its not really scary by any means but the way the film looks just creeps me out a little bit. Most of M. Night Shyamalan's are good in my mind and this is one of the better ones. Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment were great in this movie. Even if you know the spoilers in this film it is still enjoyable. The twist ending is perfect and IThe Sixth Sense is just as down right eerie film. Its not really scary by any means but the way the film looks just creeps me out a little bit. Most of M. Night Shyamalan's are good in my mind and this is one of the better ones. Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment were great in this movie. Even if you know the spoilers in this film it is still enjoyable. The twist ending is perfect and I never saw it coming. The Sixth Sense is an overall classic. Expand
  6. Oct 12, 2014
    "The Sixth Sense" is an unbelievably well-made movie. The acting from Bruce Willis is great as always, but Haley Joel Osment at only 11 years old gives arguably the best performance in the film. The story is always interesting, and there are quite a few legitimately scary scenes. The end twist was also extremely unexpected and, after a second viewing, it all makes sense with the rest of"The Sixth Sense" is an unbelievably well-made movie. The acting from Bruce Willis is great as always, but Haley Joel Osment at only 11 years old gives arguably the best performance in the film. The story is always interesting, and there are quite a few legitimately scary scenes. The end twist was also extremely unexpected and, after a second viewing, it all makes sense with the rest of the plot. What happened to you, Shyamalan? Expand
  7. Sep 26, 2014
    this one of the movies that is not scary ( like the Poltergiest) but it's a devil paranormal activie. But it's a classic of the 90's. ( actually writer , director M. Night Shyamalan does have a quite of a good imagination). Bruce willis is entertaining indeed. Grade B
  8. Jul 20, 2014
    Sadly, the sixth sense was a missed opportunity because of its badly written plot that relays on the twist ending. no real suspense, underwritten mother character , some scenes lead absolute nowhere, scenes contradicts each other.the main plot ends in a lame way and the twist ending comes from the subplot tries to save the film. Therefore, no suspense not even hints of suspicion toSadly, the sixth sense was a missed opportunity because of its badly written plot that relays on the twist ending. no real suspense, underwritten mother character , some scenes lead absolute nowhere, scenes contradicts each other.the main plot ends in a lame way and the twist ending comes from the subplot tries to save the film. Therefore, no suspense not even hints of suspicion to create tension . Expand
  9. Mar 26, 2014
    M. Night Shyamalan's best, if not only, good movie. An even paced supernatural thriller with intensive and realistic acting, with Haley Joel particularly amazing, and with a shocking that's the perfect payload. I can't understand how a man who wrote and directed this would direct 'Last Airbender'. This will be his magnum opus, the rest is s**t.
  10. Nov 29, 2013
    Shyamalan has really outdone himself with this one. This is is best film, without any way of comparison. The acting is actually good, which is an amazing fact for Shyamalan. Too bad his other films aren't as good as this one.
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    A bold chilling mystery thriller.
    Bruce Willis is electric in this thought provoking mystery that will leave you absolutely breathless. Witness this cinematic achievement.
  12. Oct 2, 2013
    A decent thriller with a nice story. The beginning is intriguing, the middle is so-so and the ending is really intense! I liked Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment and Toni Collette screenplay. There was one annoying thing the loud "screamers" in the most scary moments, I do not like this kind of method to make suspence.
  13. Sep 19, 2013
    One of the most effective thrillers of all time, and probably the most spoiled movie ever, if you know the ending. So I will not say what the spoiler is, but I will say this: once you figure out the ending, you will want to go back and watch the film all over again to see how this event played out. The film just got a lot more smarter and intelligent with the end scene. Besides that, theOne of the most effective thrillers of all time, and probably the most spoiled movie ever, if you know the ending. So I will not say what the spoiler is, but I will say this: once you figure out the ending, you will want to go back and watch the film all over again to see how this event played out. The film just got a lot more smarter and intelligent with the end scene. Besides that, the film also has probably the most quoted line from movies ever, and just by saying it will put the title in your head: "I see dead people." Expand
  14. Aug 10, 2013
    this movie is absolutely amazing, the writing, the directing, the performances, the plot, and finally the twist was one of the best twists ever, it's almost as good as the twist from "fight club", this movie keeps surprising you with every element, i mean who would thought that a kid will give such a memorable performance, the sixth sense is unique and over the top and once in a life timethis movie is absolutely amazing, the writing, the directing, the performances, the plot, and finally the twist was one of the best twists ever, it's almost as good as the twist from "fight club", this movie keeps surprising you with every element, i mean who would thought that a kid will give such a memorable performance, the sixth sense is unique and over the top and once in a life time experience. Expand
  15. Jul 10, 2013
    A great debut feature by M. Night Shyamalan. It's chilling with great performances by Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis. Plus the twist ending is perfect.
  16. Jun 6, 2013
    A milestone of the genre, and probably the best psychological thriller of the decade, with stunning performances of both Willis and Osmond. Quite sad to see that many critics at the time didn't see this masterpiece for what it was.
  17. May 24, 2013
    Following an assault from an ex-patient psychologist Malcolm Crowe meets a young child named Cole, who suffers from the same diagnosis as the ex-patient and claims he can see dead people. Determined to help the boy Malcolm attempts to teach Cole to overcome his fears.

Throughout the film M. Night Shyamalan creates an eerie atmosphere making for fascinating viewing. It is difficult to say much more about The Sixth Sense without spoiling the finale for those that have not seen the movie (although there can't be many people who are unaware of how the film ends) but it certainly is one of those rare films that is almost better when watched for the second time when you know what to look out for. As for the cast Bruce Willis puts in another good acting performance but Hayley Joel Osment steals the show in, what I believe, was his movie debut making for an almost perfect movie package.
  18. Apr 24, 2013
    It's safe to say that this film will clearly be remembered for the twist, and if you don't know it even without seeing the film I'm quite surprised. Overall its a solid film that is probably best when you first saw it, but its fun watching it again and picking up on some of the clues and hints. Both Bruce Willis and young Haley Joel Osment give great performances, and this film remains toIt's safe to say that this film will clearly be remembered for the twist, and if you don't know it even without seeing the film I'm quite surprised. Overall its a solid film that is probably best when you first saw it, but its fun watching it again and picking up on some of the clues and hints. Both Bruce Willis and young Haley Joel Osment give great performances, and this film remains to be one of those traumatizing films from my childhood Overall a fantastic Thriller well worth seeing. Expand
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Slow at the beginning, having a surprise twist at the end. Expand
  20. Mar 9, 2013
    Its an instant horror classic and will definetly go down in my history as one of the best horror films of all time. As for Shyamalan, he goes down in my history as the guy who did 3 awesome films and then was forgetten for just ruining his career.
  21. Mar 8, 2013
    It is a nonsense film but it is good nonsense.A story about a boy who see ghosts,well,I think that says all. But the story is great,a bit horror a bit sadly and the twist at the end is legendary. All in all good.
  22. Dec 10, 2012
    Superb movie with great plot. It is good to watch, scary (sometimes) and it keeps you watching it because it hardly makes you bored (if you get the movie meaning).
  23. sLm
    Oct 5, 2012
    The mother practically made me break down in tears, and not to mention the awesome ending. Amazing film.
  24. Mar 20, 2012
    A truly great suspense film. Shyamalan hits every nail on its head perfectly and creates a masterpiece of tension, timing and terror. It was a long and embarrassing downhill tumble for him after this, however...
  25. Oct 16, 2011
    M. Night Shyamalan's "The SIxth Sense" is a masterfully created horror movie that, with solid care, actually scares you and tears you the same time. It's a great movie that will make you think throughout the whole time, especially with the shocking twist at the end.
  26. CRL
    Aug 9, 2011
    I can't classify this as a horror film, because it never really scared me. In truth, I'm not sure exactly what to classify it as. Maybe the best thing to do is just not to lump it together in a category and instead realize that with its famed twist ending and Oscar-worthy performance by Haley Joel Osment, The Sixth Sense is a film that really isn't like any other.
  27. Aug 8, 2011
    A unbelievably well thought out story balanced out with enough chills and shock as well as suspense for the audience to leave the theater completely satisfied.
  28. May 2, 2011
    The one successful movie M. Night Shyamalan has to his name, TSS is one of the most frightening, thought provoking and most genius thrillers to entertain audiences in recent years. Bruce Willis gives a cold performance that makes you believe he is a ghost himself. Haley Joel Osment and Toni Collete also give good performances. The twist at the end is utter genius and smacks you rightThe one successful movie M. Night Shyamalan has to his name, TSS is one of the most frightening, thought provoking and most genius thrillers to entertain audiences in recent years. Bruce Willis gives a cold performance that makes you believe he is a ghost himself. Haley Joel Osment and Toni Collete also give good performances. The twist at the end is utter genius and smacks you right between the eyes , making you think you should have seen it coming all along. The best of its kind. Expand
  29. Mar 4, 2011
    One of the best movie twists ever. Unfortunately my sister spoiled it for me and told me before I ever saw it and really, that IS the movie. Done very well and great acting.
  30. Jan 12, 2011
    Pretty good movie. When it first came out more people seemed to find it scary. I just thought it was plain good. The ending while obvious in hindsight was actually covered up just enough throughout.
  31. Aug 13, 2010
    Love it so much especially the ending. Haley Joel Osment's acting is so good and he deserves the Oscar nomination, too bad the movie didn't win any Oscar though it had 6 nominations.

1. Sometimes verges on silliness.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    Chalk this film up as an unusually intelligent thriller about that which scares us the most: accepting our accidents of fate.
    It's far more loquacious and cerebral than your average run-of-the-mill thriller, but boy, when the relatively infrequent scares do come, they will pull you out of your seat and raise the hair on your arms.