6.2

1. Sep 29, 2011
    Despite the fact that the movie suffered painful cliches during the whole time, "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" is a great,fast paced remake of the 1974 original (never saw it though). The movie's highlight you would want to watch is the frenzied cinematography of director Tony Scott as well as the tense acting of John Travolta and Denzel Washington.
  2. JasonN
    Jun 13, 2009
    Great acting.
  3. Sep 10, 2010
    The perfect rental. Not very substantial, but always entertaining and very intense when it needs to be. Denzel and Travolta's good/bad guy relationship is the star of the show here.
  4. LoganH
    Nov 3, 2009
    Actors in this movie seem like they were given a lot of freedom in this movie and just have fun. Denzel and Travolta are amazing in this movie.
  5. TotoB
    Jun 12, 2009
    Loved it. Easy fast ride.
  6. TomS
    Jun 14, 2009
    All action. Not a boring moment. A lot of fun.
  7. JackF
    Jun 18, 2009
    This was the best movie that I've seen this year!
  8. NIkoTheVideoKID
    Jun 24, 2009
    Ok, so first of all, I honsestly like John Travolta as Ryder, and I thought the banter between him and Garber was believable and interesting. He is beleivable, but some of his cohorts are simply un-cool.
  9. ShadowW
    Jun 25, 2009
    I did not get too bored, however it was not what I really expected.
  10. JosiahK
    Jun 28, 2009
    Great performance by Travolta and Washington. I really was surprised by how entertaining this movie turned out to be.
  11. BobK
    Jun 29, 2009
    I'm surprised this movie got such mediocre reviews. It was good entertainment and well worth the admission. It's been a long time since I've seen the original - maybe I'll try and rent it.
  12. HowardJ
    Jul 3, 2009
    Well done on acting, especially Denzel Washington. I am not sure if all the cursing was required on Travolta's part. While I was able to follow most of the plot, there were parts that lost my wife. Nice updating of the 1974 original.
  13. RielC
    Jul 14, 2009
    This is one of my favorite movies!!! The critics got it all wrong. They said all of the 4 X-Men movies sucked, and they were all good weren't they?? They also said the movie Taken sucked. That was one of my favorite movies... Anyway, The Taking of Pelham 123 is an excellent movie. There is major suspense, and you always think you know what will happen, but then the movie just takes a This is one of my favorite movies!!! The critics got it all wrong. They said all of the 4 X-Men movies sucked, and they were all good weren't they?? They also said the movie Taken sucked. That was one of my favorite movies... Anyway, The Taking of Pelham 123 is an excellent movie. There is major suspense, and you always think you know what will happen, but then the movie just takes a different turn. This movie has a supreme story, and everything is just perfect. Expand
  14. JoshW
    Aug 4, 2009
    A great movie! well acted with a very clever plot and a fantastic finale!!!
  15. JonnyW
    Aug 11, 2009
    A film that has it all, a rich and powerful storyline, believable and likable characters, and perhaps less importantly a great soundtrack and sense of humor.
  16. ChrisP.
    Aug 17, 2009
    Denzel was really good one more time.I just love his movies. the movie has a lot of action and and a powerful plot.of course also mentionable must be the amazing song of jigga "99 problems"!!!
  17. YSH
    Sep 13, 2009
    Electric performances from Washington and Travolta - the tension arcs and crackles! Good performance too from Turturro. The story has some great plot twists and the camera work looks slick. Well worth a watch.
  18. CapoR
    Oct 11, 2009
    It may leave you at the edge of your seat most of the time but there's something lacking in the movie. Nevertheless, this is a movie that will be remembered as one of the best thrillers so far.
  19. CarlosS
    Dec 5, 2009
    No waiting around for action in the movie. John is awesome as a bad guy in this movie. From begining to end this movie is great.
  20. Sep 1, 2013
    You can wish for more out of a movie, but "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3," is more than fine. The talk between John Travolta and Denzel Washington was very interesting the whole way. Honestly the whole movie is interesting all the way to the end.
  21. Apr 23, 2014
    The remake of this great action caper isn't as bad as most will say. It might not be that faithful to the original's methods of storytelling and thrills, but it is still a good effort. It's nice to see present-day actors like Travolta and Denzel pull this thing off.
  22. Aug 22, 2014
    Only posting this because I think this movie is a bit underrated. I haven't watched the 1974 original, but I must say that this is expertly crafted, with two great actors on the main roles - Denzel Washington and John Travolta - performing outstandingly, with great charisma. The movie, while presenting a pretty straightforward hostage situation plot (and some awkward subplots, like theOnly posting this because I think this movie is a bit underrated. I haven't watched the 1974 original, but I must say that this is expertly crafted, with two great actors on the main roles - Denzel Washington and John Travolta - performing outstandingly, with great charisma. The movie, while presenting a pretty straightforward hostage situation plot (and some awkward subplots, like the teen couple), is very intense with suspense being almost palpable at certain moments.
    So, know this: Tony Scott (rest in peace) didn't make bad movies. And Denzel Washington doesn't star in bad movies. So when Washington stars in a film by Scott, it just can't go wrong. And it didn't.
  23. Feb 12, 2015
    Its cool to see a action movie that has two great actors, one as the protagonist and one as the antagonist. I love watching the bickering between Washington and Travolta throughout the movie. I'd watch this again.
  24. Feb 12, 2015
    This is a solid remake, it pays homage to the classic and adds in pop culture to entertain new viewers. Denzel Washington, perfectly plays, Walter Garber, a man who is caught in a race against time, when he is trying to get hostages out of a train, run by a madman- Ryder, played brilliantly by John Travolta. The flashy editing, with JayZ's 99 Problems ringing out in tough moments, is pureThis is a solid remake, it pays homage to the classic and adds in pop culture to entertain new viewers. Denzel Washington, perfectly plays, Walter Garber, a man who is caught in a race against time, when he is trying to get hostages out of a train, run by a madman- Ryder, played brilliantly by John Travolta. The flashy editing, with JayZ's 99 Problems ringing out in tough moments, is pure gold. It adds a funny spice to it. Garber is revealed to have taken a bribe, and more hell goes down in the 1 hr and 20 minutes of this film. It has it problems though. The movie is very short, compared to the classic. Major plot holes are never shed light on, and James Gandolfini's Mayor turns into a dick quickly. The screenplay is okay, the actors have simple lines, and none of them have a kick to it. Overall, this is an attempt at making a redefined 123, and it works for the most part. Tony Scott, R.I.P. Expand

1. Curiously, despite the ever-energetic Tony Scott at the throttle, the sleek new edition isn't as transporting as it should have been.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    More than anything a fascinating portrait of how much New York has changed in 35 years, the film delivers the goods in excitement and big-star charisma.
  3. Watching this Pelham--a money job from its conception--you can believe that there's no other motivation on Earth.