6.6

1. Sep 22, 2011
    Terrible, just terrible. What Marcus Nispel demonstrated throughout the movie is how much blood he can present to the audience and how far his movie can fall into the Abyss of failure.
  2. Dec 24, 2010
    Just gross gore. There is NOTHING scary about this film. Films like this ought not be called 'horrors,' since they just gross people out. There is not a single psychologically frightening scene in this film... Made for teenagers, really.
  3. Jan 15, 2013
    Seriously! Do you call this a horror movie! Can I even compare it with its prequel?! It is not scare not an R-Rated "Horror" should be at least a PG-13 or a hard PG if the first kissing scene edited, this is not a horror, its prequel is way to better, watch Texas Chainsaw 3D less **** and save your time, Micheal Bay's The Texas Chainsaw a good time for a 9 years old! Pretty much it!
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything this does is completely miss the mark of the original. The '74 classic gives a grim realistic tone, relying on building atmosphere before frightening us. It doesn't rely on buckets of blood since it was low-budget. This reimagining just amps it up with gore, lots of blood and too polished in terms of production values. The characters are forgettable which makes you care less if they suffer and die. R. Lee Ermey doesn't even bring any justice as the impersonating sheriff who's also a member of the insane family. His death scene made me scream "Hell yeah!"; unlike in the original where the hitchhiker is killed during the final chase scene that made my heart beat faster. Leatherface in this movie is just ridiculous, his mask looks like a clown mask shoved in an easy-bake oven. The original mask is made of flesh from past victims and poorly made. It tries to recreate the original scenes with no sense of subtlety. A shameless remake that doesn't deserve to be seen. Expand
  5. ETV
    Apr 22, 2012
    What an awful film. Like. Seriously!!! Everything was predictable and not one character was likable. So glad I borrowed the DVD and not wasted my money on it
  6. Jul 3, 2014
    Couldn't finish it, couldn't watch half of it. Every bit of violence is inevitable from the beginning five to ten minutes of the film. The only reason I saw it was because I could look at Jessica Biel. That's all horror movies offer these days; attractive damsels in distress.
  7. Feb 15, 2014
    Extended scenes of bloody violence and gore will not make up for the fact that this film is a terrible remake. Somewhat good directed, but badly acted.

1. The gruesomely unnecessary remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is such a smorgasbord of slimy grunge that to call the movie gross wouldn't do it justice -- it's downright sticky.
    The film delivers with enough consistency to warrant a qualified recommendation for those seeking a few extra scares at this time of the year.
  3. I don't know if Nispel and Scott Kosar, who make their feature film debuts here, are the worst director and writer in the world, though they might well represent the United States if anyone holds a competition. I do know they deliver a total of zero laughs, scares or surprises in this remake of the infamously creepy 1974 picture.