8.2

1. JamesS
    Jul 28, 2009
    This movie would have been great if it were not for all the faggot actors trying to look tough and mean. What an insult to the true heroes who paid the ultimate price in this campaign. Woody & Buzz could've done a better job
  2. Apr 26, 2011
    Although receive good reviews, I think War Movie is not my type. Slow-paced, explosion - didn't attract me enough. I think Terrence Malick give his best for this movie, beautifully filmed.
  3. Jan 3, 2015
    Yes, this is a Terrence Malick film. I am not into them, actually. The point of the film is more in the personal journey of the men in war, their dilemmas, struggles, and lives. It is touching at times, beautiful to look at, but the film is far too long for my tastes, as it cannot really grasp me at any point. It is as if the space is great, but there is too little to fill it with.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    A bit too emotional ..40-45 minutes of war put aside,this movie is a complete No No.location was a bit too perfect for the war scenario,but it is based on real events so cannot complain on that.Characters were average,I expected more of guns rather than words.
  5. A.G.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Although it had some stunning war footage, the intellectual parts dragged on for much too long which also made the movie seem as long as the war itself. Compared to other war movies this is "Saving Private Boring".
  6. Jul 16, 2016
    Now, don't get me wrong. The acting is amazing, the plot is great but overall i think its way too long! Sometimes the slow tempo can be dramatic, but when you're overdoing it - its becoming boring! The characters are not going to make you care about them. Overall its an great movie, and definitely deserves a watch!
  7. Jun 19, 2016
    Obvious, tedious, overstretched, exploitative, self-repeating, too standard by all means, considered in the top of war movies probably by some tricky magic. The single good feature is how the local nature exposed through the outdoor shooting, but it's hardly an excuse for an almost three-hour flick. Seriously, better search for some National Geographic documentary on Solomon Islands orObvious, tedious, overstretched, exploitative, self-repeating, too standard by all means, considered in the top of war movies probably by some tricky magic. The single good feature is how the local nature exposed through the outdoor shooting, but it's hardly an excuse for an almost three-hour flick. Seriously, better search for some National Geographic documentary on Solomon Islands or some intelligent documentary on WWII . Expand

1. Film.com
    Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    Misshapen but magnificent vision of a soulful quest -- in the thick of misery and fear -- for the meaning of our lives.
    The movie's schizophrenia keeps it from greatness (this film has no firm idea of what it is about), but doesn't make it bad. It is, in fact, sort of fascinating: a film in the act of becoming, a field trial, an experiment in which a dreamy poet meditates on stark reality.
  3. An intensely internalized portrait of external pandemonium, a slippery, insidiously haunting work of poetry rather than brilliantly realized pulp.