7.3

1. Jun 13, 2011
    The Tillman Story is great but after about an hour it just gets repetitive. I get it we all look for answers from our government and sometimes they cover things up. After finding out the coverup, the film just turns into a simpathic bit to morn Pat Tillman's life.

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    The Tillman Story is ferocious filmmaking, but it wouldn't have half the force it does if the director didn't also get at the complicated man Pat Tillman was.
  2. Mary's search drives The Tillman Story, and throughout this taut, true epic, we see a smart, sometimes angry, always loving family find their destiny: to speak truth to power, to call wartime myths what they are and to show how the American character is not about blind obedience.
    The Tillman Story purports to be an exposé of the cover-up of the death by friendly fire of the Army Ranger and one time NFL star Pat Tillman. But, provocative and colorful as the film is, it does the very thing it denounces -- massaging the facts to seize Tillman for a political agenda.