6.2

1. Oct 14, 2012
    This is a really good movie. It has a very vintage feel to it that is refreshing and classy. The emotional plot really pulls you in and helps you connect to the characters. I like it mainly because of the science fiction scenarios and the logical what if elements. All in all it is 90% better than 100% of the other films made.
  2. Jun 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the story behind this movie. To me it is more than just a love story; it demonstrate different theories of destiny/time travel and the end of the world.

This movie favors the Linear time travel theory.
    On the movie when the fiancé died at the park from a robbery, after her death he builds a time machine in order to change the scenario( from the past) in order to keep his fiancé alive. He traveled to the past and changed the location and every single time she died from a different cause in each different location. He then decided to travel to the future to be able to understand why he cant change his fiancé destiny.
    “Linear time travel says of you travel back in the past and return to the present, nothing will have changed and thus you can't change the future no matter how much you try. And thus, believing in the linear time travel makes destiny predestined since nothing can be altered.

Branched time travel aka multiuniverse time travel says you can go back in the past and alter the present/future. Thus this theory arises the idea that destiny is not predetermined, unless you where destined to change the future? But this theory also arises the grandfather paradox”

End of the world theory:

I have my own theory that the world will never end, it will just re- born…. In the movie we see when the scientific travels to the future he traveled to when the world was advance in technology then he traveled further and saw the world on war and when he went even further the world was like it was the beginning no technology living like cavemen). And if you think about it in reality that is what is been happening in our world. According to history, the first civilization was the zomelian and the Egyptians. The Egyptians back then they had the knowledge that now a days we are still discovering. An example are the chemicals that the Egyptians used for the mummification process and these were just recently discovered again by scientists. Still we don’t know how the Egyptians were able to build the pyramid to perfectly line up to the three stars and it has a perfect geometry. Egyptians women used to have similar rights to men and decade’s later women lost rights until around the 19th century. In conclusion life is going in a circle!

Machine makes its look-to-the-future-not-the-past message as clear as a Grammy acceptance speech, but as an exploration of regret and the elusive quality of time, it falls well short of "Memento," another film starring a sad-eyed Pearce.
  2. There's something wrong with a time-travel movie that allows an audience's interest to drift so that we have time to worry over where he's parked, and whether he remembered to take his key.
    A witless recycling of the H.G. Wells story from 1895, with the absurdity intact but the wonderment missing.