The Twilight Saga: New Moon

4.0

1. ThallytaK.
    Jan 10, 2010
    The film New Moon is a film that calls us, we can not release the film before the end. Is perfect.
  2. LeoM
    Nov 21, 2009
    I am 37 year male fan of Twilight Books. I have also been with my wife in Montepulciano, Italy when New Moon was filming. That, by the way, was really interesting experience. We visited Voltera, too. And compared it to filming location. We have seen New Moon 1st time yesterday and was bit confused - it seemed rushed and chunky - good but not satisfying. But after 2nd viewing today - I I am 37 year male fan of Twilight Books. I have also been with my wife in Montepulciano, Italy when New Moon was filming. That, by the way, was really interesting experience. We visited Voltera, too. And compared it to filming location. We have seen New Moon 1st time yesterday and was bit confused - it seemed rushed and chunky - good but not satisfying. But after 2nd viewing today - I must say that rhythm is very good and anything clicked. So, if you are really interested in Saga - I strongly recommend to watch it at least two times. Enjoy Expand
  3. RaquelM.
  4. Nataliem...a
    Feb 2, 2010
    The film remained true to the book, and it's the most important thing. Amazing soundtrack. Big plus to the director for pulling out some of those funny moments - it's refreshing and gives more space to breathe (sort of).
  5. Jan 1, 2011
    This movie is a disgrace to Twilight fans. I was surprisingly impresssed with the first one, but I was extremely disappointed with this one. I was not at all impressed with the over all feel of the movie. I blame that on the director switch. I felt that in the first one all of the actors did an outstanding job of bringing their characters to life, but that dropped with NewMoon. If itThis movie is a disgrace to Twilight fans. I was surprisingly impresssed with the first one, but I was extremely disappointed with this one. I was not at all impressed with the over all feel of the movie. I blame that on the director switch. I felt that in the first one all of the actors did an outstanding job of bringing their characters to life, but that dropped with NewMoon. If it wasn't for the fact that every girl/woman in the country can't keep their eyes off him, I'm pretty sure Lautner would be fired - his acting is almost amusing. Overall the whole movie is pretty cheesy, I felt like I was watching one of those online spoofs, rather than the real thing. Don't waste your time with this film. Expand
  6. TaraD
    Nov 20, 2009
    This movie was fabulous. I went in with really high expectations, which usually lets me down... but not today. It was just as good as I thought it was going to be.
  7. JohnB.
    Jan 10, 2010
    The film New Moon is a film that calls us, we can not release the film before the end of history than others, but especially, every action, every scene that is passing the film gets better, begins and ends perfect perfect.
  8. JohnB.
  9. BeaR
    Nov 22, 2009
    No words needed!! Loved it all the way, looking forward to Eclipse.
  10. BigMomma
    Nov 23, 2009
    Love it...great movie, want to see it again.
  11. princetongirl
    Nov 25, 2009
    New Moon is better than Twilight as it is more faithful to the book and also has used CGI and action scenes nicely.It captures the gist of the book very effectively and is entertaining with a slight touch of humor.It also interprets the characters in a more detailed way than Tilight did.
  12. MarlaS
    Nov 20, 2009
    100% perfection. True to book. Strong acting. Great CGI. Great Soundtrack and song placement. Amazing visually. Brought on the tears and giggles with effortless ease. Flowed well. Was everything I waited a year for hoping it would be. Thank you Mr. Weitz, you made my visions come true and bettered them with much style and grace. This is the real thing next to Twilight. Makes Twilight look 100% perfection. True to book. Strong acting. Great CGI. Great Soundtrack and song placement. Amazing visually. Brought on the tears and giggles with effortless ease. Flowed well. Was everything I waited a year for hoping it would be. Thank you Mr. Weitz, you made my visions come true and bettered them with much style and grace. This is the real thing next to Twilight. Makes Twilight look like a joke. New Moon is first class directing, acting, and a movie lovers kinda movie. I say see it in the theaters people! Expand
  13. katya
    Nov 23, 2009
    I loved this movie! my friend found most of it at www.watchfreelinks.com check it out!
  14. cassandras
    Nov 29, 2009
    new moon is too much,. the actors are beautiful,. I liked a lot, how is it that a movie that has the tickets out and about to have that note?! this can only be Marxist thing these men do not admit that the movie is good, because it is your nature to be so stubborn, stupid and unbearable. I do not emporte with these criticisms, because I know there are many people out there who also liked new moon is too much,. the actors are beautiful,. I liked a lot, how is it that a movie that has the tickets out and about to have that note?! this can only be Marxist thing these men do not admit that the movie is good, because it is your nature to be so stubborn, stupid and unbearable. I do not emporte with these criticisms, because I know there are many people out there who also liked the film, and he thinks too much, ah who did not like FUCK. Expand
  15. Dylan
    Nov 30, 2009
    Not as bad as they want you to believe. Sure, some cheesy dialogue and over acting, but overall, a really good movie. Don't listen to the whiners, see it for yourself.
  16. CarlosF.
    Nov 21, 2009
    this movie was GREAT.. Chris really does know how to coordinate everything... the wolfs were just amaaaazing, and the score, by Alexandre Desplat, is so emotional and touching... a brilliant movie, 1000000 times better that TWI-shit.
  17. CourtneyA
    Dec 19, 2009
    I fell in love with this movie from the moment it began to the end; of course no movie is as good as the books. But there was action, fantasy, drama, and adventure!! If you haven
  18. Oct 31, 2010
    not an excellent movie, but its perfect and it beats the first movie in just one shot.
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    I have to say...way better than the first movie! I was just obset when I found out that Bella was going to go save Edward after he hurt her like that. What the hell is wrong with her? This movie had more action,the script was not as slow,and the actors were great! They really did improve from the last movie! I was so excited when Jacob (Taylor Lautner) did not have his wig onI have to say...way better than the first movie! I was just obset when I found out that Bella was going to go save Edward after he hurt her like that. What the hell is wrong with her? This movie had more action,the script was not as slow,and the actors were great! They really did improve from the last movie! I was so excited when Jacob (Taylor Lautner) did not have his wig on anymore!!! He looks so much better without his wig!!! That Tattoo just makes him look so f***ing sexy and his abs...his abs are just wow! I am the future Ms.Lautner! Expand
  20. ToniL.
    Nov 20, 2009
    Hated the first movie, but tried to go into this one with an open mind. Some parts were corny, and sappy, and made me want to vomit up my plastic special edition tub of twilight popcorn, but there were some scenes that were quite intense and very well done. It followed the book almost perfectly...except I thought the movie was better than the book... sorry Meyer.
  21. NicoleB.
    Nov 20, 2009
    I loved this movie. So not a disappointment!
  22. RK
    Nov 20, 2009
    This movie was much better than Twilight. I solid addition to the saga. Had some funny cheesy parts that could not be avoided. Be sure to read the book, some parts of the plot were overlooked due to the assumption that the audience knows how they got there. It isn't a masterpiece, but for what it is, they did a great job, however, I was excited to see it. I knew I would like it, but This movie was much better than Twilight. I solid addition to the saga. Had some funny cheesy parts that could not be avoided. Be sure to read the book, some parts of the plot were overlooked due to the assumption that the audience knows how they got there. It isn't a masterpiece, but for what it is, they did a great job, however, I was excited to see it. I knew I would like it, but from as close to an objective standpoint as I can be, if you liked the books, go see the movie. If you didn't read/like the books, don't see it. Expand
  23. KarinR.
    Jan 28, 2010
    The film was good, not extremely good. It pleased me. It was cool to see. I have fun.
  24. KaylaO
    Nov 20, 2009
    If you're a fan of the Twilight books then you will more then likely enjoy New Moon. It follows the book VERY closely and it is definitely better then Twilight. Some scenes are corny, but it is a romance after all. My boyfriend, who is by no means a fan, enjoyed it as well. He was a fan of the wolves as compared to the vampires. New Moon the movie = Extreme fast forward of New Moon book.
  25. MelissaD
    Nov 23, 2009
    The love triangle is really compelling and this movie is much better than Twilight.
  26. MatthewT.
    Nov 20, 2009
    An absolutely fantastic film, i enjoyed every second of it. it is an amazing novel to film adaptation and captured the feelings that bella felt for edward when he left and her new feelings for jacob. the depression was done well but the action scenes were top notch with an excellent cliff hanger that left people literally begging for the sequal
  27. aramisg
    Nov 24, 2009
    I'm a long time horror movie fan (I even know the people who did the FX for Sleep Away Camp & C.H.U.D.) so don't try to feed me crap about most positive reviewers being women. For me there can never be enough female nudity in "men oriented" movies, so if women want to see topless guys then more power to them. I expected to hate both of these movies when my wife forced me to see I'm a long time horror movie fan (I even know the people who did the FX for Sleep Away Camp & C.H.U.D.) so don't try to feed me crap about most positive reviewers being women. For me there can never be enough female nudity in "men oriented" movies, so if women want to see topless guys then more power to them. I expected to hate both of these movies when my wife forced me to see them and ended up thinking they were both ok for what they are. More along the lines of Lost Boys for this generation than a true vampire or werewolf movie. Expand
  28. JudyM.
    Nov 20, 2009
    If you liked Twilight, New Moon was even better! I highly recommend it!! The movie was over 2 hours but it seemed like 20 min. Loved it....
  29. BeccaS
    Nov 27, 2009
    This was a movie made for the fans, not to please everybody else. The movie was extremely close to how the book played out and if you haven't read the books then honestly you will NOT get it.
  30. FillDaCleana
    Dec 9, 2009
    Great sound track. Director is really good but its let down by crappy acting. Though I don't really have a problem with all these reviews, I think, if you're a teen or a pre-teen, don't take the words of the majority of these reviewers. It's not reviewed by you or for you, but rather for an adult audience. You'll probably love the movie if your in the 13-17 age range.
  31. PiliR
    Nov 21, 2009
    Yes, okay, it is a bit sloppy and very 'teen'...the plot isn't the one that critics most like but...people...the book was a HUGE best seller and trust me...this one does SOOO much justice to the book...in fact it's better. For the ones who missed edward in the book...well, you don't get to miss him...and, for the ones who go on team jacob...you defenately will be Yes, okay, it is a bit sloppy and very 'teen'...the plot isn't the one that critics most like but...people...the book was a HUGE best seller and trust me...this one does SOOO much justice to the book...in fact it's better. For the ones who missed edward in the book...well, you don't get to miss him...and, for the ones who go on team jacob...you defenately will be satisfied. It's NOT a bad movie, or a bad script...the thing is that critics are really critisising the book because, this movie is better than twilight and, man, is it good. I don't think that many people could really dislike it if they sat down and decided to have some fun for a while. Great soundtrack, btw. Expand
  32. LynnW.
    Nov 20, 2009
    I like Catherine Hardwicke better as a director, but there was still a lot that was good in New Moon. It's true that the two hours flew by like twenty minutes. I almost wish it were longer so that some of the emotion could have been built up more.
  33. LouiseH
    Nov 20, 2009
    I didn't have the greatest expectations for this film but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really beautifully crafted film and very true to the book. They captured the highs and lows of teenage love very accurately and it was great to see Jacob's character developed. I'm sorry to see all the very low scores by people, clearly a tepid attempt at lowering the over all I didn't have the greatest expectations for this film but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really beautifully crafted film and very true to the book. They captured the highs and lows of teenage love very accurately and it was great to see Jacob's character developed. I'm sorry to see all the very low scores by people, clearly a tepid attempt at lowering the over all user rating. I think most people who have read the book will be happy with the result. Expand
  34. LM
    Nov 21, 2009
    Loved it, followed the book very well. Could not expect more from a ficton, fantasy aspect. To all the critis giving this movie a F, what were you thinking your were going to see in a film with a Vampire and a Warewolf as its' main leads? This could never be a Titanic or Apollo 13. I think we all could use two hours of enjoying a world of anything is possible. We just might smile more.
  35. AdrianF
    Nov 21, 2009
    It's OK, little boring but there are some scenes very spectacular. I love Jane, so evil.
  36. TinaB
    Nov 22, 2009
    Much more faithfull to the book, great acting (specially Dakota F., Taylor L., Billy B.), much better directing. Overall the history was way more interesting and appealing than the first movie. Congrats Chris Weitz.
  37. cathyH
    Nov 23, 2009
    The movie is much better understood if you have read the book first. Hopefully in the next movie it will be made for "adults" and not hold back on some major plot issues.
  38. AntonyR
    Nov 24, 2009
    It's a movie for the fans of the twilight books, if you don't like the books, don't bother at all. I really love the twilight universe and enjoyed this movie a lot. A lot of details came straight out of the book and the actors did a great job, giving the fans the characters they love. The werewolves were anlmated in an amazing way and the action was better then in the first It's a movie for the fans of the twilight books, if you don't like the books, don't bother at all. I really love the twilight universe and enjoyed this movie a lot. A lot of details came straight out of the book and the actors did a great job, giving the fans the characters they love. The werewolves were anlmated in an amazing way and the action was better then in the first movie. Cant' wait for the next one!! Expand
  39. RayR
    Nov 25, 2009
    This series won't hold up over the long run (like Harry Potter and LOTR) unless it improves with the next film. Many things that happened weren't explained very well - you know, not everyone read the books. And it was definitely slow in some parts. On it's own, the film was entertaining enough but I liked the first one better.
  40. xiuyiw
    Nov 25, 2009
    This installment is actually an upgrade from the Twilight given its comparative lack of sappy romance and more action driven acting. I still cant stand Kristen's portrayal of bella. you would think some form of variation to her facial expression would be beneficial to overall definition of happy and sad times.
  41. John
    Nov 28, 2009
    It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Solid storyline, some moments of action, and much better than the first one. I feel Chris Weitz did a pretty good job, but no one gives him credit.
  42. ManuelS
    Dec 18, 2009
    Despite having to much melodrama senses, good enough to see again.
  43. AlexandruD
    Nov 21, 2009
    I really enjoyed this movie, for a person who thought the first one was pretty bad. I havent read the books, so I'm judging this movie only. The dialog was still perty weak, but the action made up tenfolds. Yes, Bella's bitchy, but what can you do? Overall, solid movie, in my opinion. Hopefully this helped.
  44. RandomCritic
    Nov 21, 2009
    Look...if you don't like the books, or if you haven't read the books...don't watch the movie. These movies are meant to be fun for the fans, nothing more, nothing less. I'm sick of all the f**ktards that hate on this franchise without reading the books just because they think it makes them look "cool" or just because the franchise is popular. For what this movie is, I Look...if you don't like the books, or if you haven't read the books...don't watch the movie. These movies are meant to be fun for the fans, nothing more, nothing less. I'm sick of all the f**ktards that hate on this franchise without reading the books just because they think it makes them look "cool" or just because the franchise is popular. For what this movie is, I thought it was pretty well-done. The acting and dialogue were a bit spotty at some points, but it was very faithful to the book and pretty cool to look at. If you like the books or if you liked the first film (or both), you will love the hell out of this. If you don't like the franchise, DON'T F**KING WATCH THE MOVIE JUST SO YOU CAN BITCH ABOUT IT. I rest my case. Expand
  45. tammytee
    Nov 21, 2009
    Was sooo excited to see this movie and was glad that it wasn't as chessy as the 1st. thought I was watching a after school special with twilight. thought new moon was much better, felt they had a couple silly parts i could have done w/out but it, for the most part it flowed nicely and was what every girl wants in a movie.
  46. nickd.
    Nov 22, 2009
    I don't get why critics are giving this bad reviews, I thought it was all around a good movie with little errors. It wasn't perfect, but it was well made.
  47. jaih
    Nov 22, 2009
    I do not understand why critics are giving this movie bad ratings, i think its great, it was well made with good effects and a great adaption. People need to change their votes.
  48. Penny
    Nov 23, 2009
    I thought the movie followed the book pretty closely. My daughter and I really enjoyed the movie. I did not think it was boring or overly long. Out of all of the books in this series, New Moon was the slowest, so perhaps that's why people are disappointed. I think the next movie will be even better because the book is so full of action. I thought the actors were really good and had I thought the movie followed the book pretty closely. My daughter and I really enjoyed the movie. I did not think it was boring or overly long. Out of all of the books in this series, New Moon was the slowest, so perhaps that's why people are disappointed. I think the next movie will be even better because the book is so full of action. I thought the actors were really good and had great chemistry. This movie basically sets the scene and characters for the next two movies so some of the slow stuff was necessary. I think Kristen Stewart is the perfect Bella and Taylor Lautner was a great Jacob. Robert Pattinson is OK as Edward though; not my favorite. I liked this movie a lot better than the first. Expand
  49. Stefani
    Dec 16, 2009
    Not as bad as they want you to believe. Better than the cheesy, sappy, and relatively useless book that is New Moon.
  50. Mar 20, 2012
    I liked it a lot more then the first film. The only real flaws about it though is that the acting is a little disapointing, Besides that it was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it.
  51. Jul 18, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over the first film and a better acted and more entertaining film that the first one. Plus, the music is beautiful, the cinematography is beautiful, the story is more interesting, the visuals vastly improved from the first film. I enjoyed this film and find it entertaining and it is a good film in terms of films.

Is this sequel defending its fan base and preempting criticism about its transparent agenda? This IS a soap opera, folks--and acceptable escapism for those old enough to see it yet still young enough to shriek at undead dreamboats.
  2. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Carried by Kristen Stewart's compellingly dark performance, but also by helmer Chris Weitz's robust visuals.
  3. Constrained by the plot of the novel, the film keeps the two lovers apart for quite a spell, robbing the project of the crazy-in-love energy that made "Twilight," the first entry in the series, such a guilty pleasure.