6.5

1. Sep 21, 2010
    What is it about this film that I really liked? Was it Emily Browning, whose portrayal was focused and memorizing playing a girl who has been released out of a mental hospital as she was traumatized by the death of her mother? Was it Elizabeth Banks, who played the stepmother that surprisingly charms and seduces the screen? Was it Christopher Young, who compose a score so beautifully for a horror movie? It certainly wasn't the rubbish special effects and child actors. But The Uninvited leaves you satisfied and never goes blatantly over the top. Some have said the ending was predictable, I didn't feel that at all. Expand
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    This movie was... ok? I didnt really like it. Everybody pitched in decent performances but this is trying so hard to be horror but it fails epicly. It shouldve been left as a murder mystery/thriller. It shoved in supernatural aspects but it came across as mediocre and gimmicky. Then when the twist came at the end, it makes no sense. Once i hit the twist I asked myself "what was the point of watching this then?" The twist was awful, but it gets points for being unexpected. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2010
    One of my favorite movies ever. The movie really shows the revenge and sick mindedness that some people posess and the climax was the part that revealed how much a girl can alter and change the lif of everyone in the family. A definite must see
  4. May 29, 2011
    The movie is not a horror movie, is an interesting thriller that hooks you until the end, it won't give you fear, at most a fright, but it's still very good. The crowd likes movies much worse saying that is great. The big problem with this movie was playing guess in the face of the viewer all the time that her stepmother was bad, I can not remember if but... manipulate our thought. That thing to bet the killer, you know? The problem is that the film always pointed in the same direction, so the movie can give you a big surprise ending, which I guessed at parts, the other part that I didn't serve was really shocking... It's a great film, which suffers a lot yes, but worth being seen. I've watched this movie so many times coz I love it so much! Expand
  5. May 1, 2014
    I am so glad I purchased this film. The Uninvited made me jump a few times, and totally didn't see the twist at the end coming, I hadn't read about the twist beforehand, and am glad I didn't. The two girls looked great in this film, especially Arielle. I watched it a second time with my mum and her partner, and knowing how the story progressed while the other two were trying to work it all out, made me appreciate it more.

Definitely one of the best horror films I've seen, although not the scariest.
  6. Jan 9, 2013
    "The Uninvited" is a really amazingly great horror-thriller, this is what I call dramatically disturbingly scary movie, every second is enjoyable, from the beginning tell the end, perfect!
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    You know, the story starts to beat you and you will create multiple opportunities for all, and it turns out that, in the end, is the most annoying of them.

The Uninvited is a flawed production, but gratifying in the way it delivers. The interesting and unique elements of the movie effectively compensate for the formulaic way in which the plot develops.
    A remake of the 2003 Korean horror film "A Tale of Two Sisters," The Uninvited is a Hand That Rocks the Cradle–type thriller that's been dressed up as a horror movie.
    Emily Browning's face helps The Uninvited work so well...She makes you fear for her, and that's half the battle. Yet she's so fresh she's ready for a Jane Austen role.