3.2

1. Dec 14, 2012
    Stunning. Courageous. A feast for the eyes and ears. These are but some of my reactions to Nicolas Cage's (in my opinion BAFTA winning performance) in The Wicker Man. He manages to suprise audiences time and time again with depth of characters that only he can bring forth to the acting table. Quality, not quantity has always been my motto and i think this film can be beautifully summed up by one shortt, crisp and well executed line that fits so perfectly with the running themes of despair and fear: "What's in the bag, a shark or something?" .... A must see. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2011
    Hilarious. The dialogue was so goddamn bad that I laughed like a moron. Why can't Nicholas Cage make bad movies that are funny? As far as I'm concerned, this is easier to get through than Bangkok Dangerous. Or whatever the hell he does now.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    I enjoyed the movie and Nicholas Cage's character well enough, even with having heard other people say that it was silly etc in these other reviews. But I was still impressed with his detective skills, etc. but was very disgusted with the ending which was so disappointing after all that we go through in this story that I'm giving the movie a 1 out of 10.
  4. Nov 19, 2012
    I laughed out loud in theaters multiple times. This movie is full of those moments where the film making is so poor that it's easy to laugh. Nick Cage is awful in this role too, playing pretty much every other character he has played in his life. Serious guy, would be an in depth analysis of the bonehead that Cage is trying to portray. Oh, and he hits women. Multiple times...
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    Horribly written movie which builds to one of the worst climaxes I have ever seen in all my days of filmgoing.
  6. Jan 16, 2014
    NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEES!!! NOT THE BEEs!!!
  7. Feb 14, 2014
    This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, from “Not The Bees!!!", to Nicholas Cage in a bear suit punching a woman, to Sister **** and Ellen Burstyn painted like Braveheart, yes this movie brings me a lot of joy, except for being a remake of a great classic, but this is still comic gold, and it is my joy.
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    The Wicker Man remake is one the worst remake and worst acting of Nicolas Cage but it is better than Carrie 2013, but i prefer watching The Wicker Man (2006) 100 times than Carrie 2013 it wasn't scary it is a funny movie ,and Wicker Man (2006) is a funny movie too , OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!

The Wicker Man isn't all that bad a movie; it's visually striking and ambitious in some ways. It just fails to bring enough to the table to fully distance itself from the original.
    There may be a way to remake 1973's cult thriller The Wicker Man, in which a deeply Christian cop has his religious convictions shaken to the core as he investigates the disappearance of a child from within a cheerfully pagan community, but Neil LaBute didn't find it.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Atkinson
    This wasn't a horror film the first time around, and LaBute makes sorry feints at effective creepiness, letting the story roam in circles just like Cage.