5.2

1. A.Hurrell
    Feb 22, 2010
    I actually really enjoyed this film, typically I don't like the wolf movies, there always so lame with their fake looking wolfmen. This movie held my interest throughout,the computer graphics helped a lot. It was very gory, and dark, I love the period in which they chose. It had a pretty cool ending too.
  2. Vedran
    Feb 12, 2010
    This movie is everything a classic monster/werewolf movie should be like: Gory, bloody, entertaining, dark and fast paced. People will say that it is rushed, but I felt that it was perfect. It had the pace of 'The Dark Knight' and it skipped the already overused parts in werewolf lore (long dialogues and meditation on how to break the werewolf curse etc.) This movie manages to This movie is everything a classic monster/werewolf movie should be like: Gory, bloody, entertaining, dark and fast paced. People will say that it is rushed, but I felt that it was perfect. It had the pace of 'The Dark Knight' and it skipped the already overused parts in werewolf lore (long dialogues and meditation on how to break the werewolf curse etc.) This movie manages to break the monotony of modern horror movies where vampires tend to glitter and where werewolves look like wolves. 'The Wolfman' is an gothic, instant horror classic and will be remembered for it's brutality and homage. I say: Go see it! Critics have panned good movies before. Examples are "An American Werewolf in London" (a movie which later turned out to be the greatest werewolf movie of all time), "Blade Runner" and "Once Upon A Time in The West". They where totally wrong. It's very noticable that this new interpretation of 'The Wolfman' is a movie from HORROR LOVERS to HORROR LOVERS. It's action filled and has with great suspense. Grade: 5/5. Expand
  3. CesarBaptista
    Feb 19, 2010
    I really can't believe how poorly this movie has been received. To me it bridges the divide between the pulpy golden age of horror movies and the current CGI action movie excess. If you can buy into the casting of Del Toro as Hopkins son in a period picture set in Victorian England then you might just enjoy two pretty good if effortless performances. Excellent pacing. I thought it I really can't believe how poorly this movie has been received. To me it bridges the divide between the pulpy golden age of horror movies and the current CGI action movie excess. If you can buy into the casting of Del Toro as Hopkins son in a period picture set in Victorian England then you might just enjoy two pretty good if effortless performances. Excellent pacing. I thought it was pretty baller. So there. Expand
  4. L.J.F.
    Feb 15, 2010
    Great horror flick! I really enjoyed seeing a Wolfman in the traditional look of the original film again. The dialogue was no more, no less necessary than the horror classics from the 40's. Building the story line and the characters was done quite well in this movie. I especially enjoyed the amount attention that was paid to fine detail used in the building of the sets. A wonderful Great horror flick! I really enjoyed seeing a Wolfman in the traditional look of the original film again. The dialogue was no more, no less necessary than the horror classics from the 40's. Building the story line and the characters was done quite well in this movie. I especially enjoyed the amount attention that was paid to fine detail used in the building of the sets. A wonderful atmosphere resulted from this detail. It felt so very much, to me, like a classic Hammer Studio production. I half expected to see Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee make an appearance. If you are a fan of the classic horror films and are able to sit through some dialogue, I would highly recommend this film. Expand
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    I must say I really enjoyed this movie. Although, it's a typical gothic movie so for someone not very into or interested in the gothic subculture it's probably not the best movie to watch. It has the typical gothic elements. For someone being very interested in the gothic subculture, this movie was brilliant. I loved it.
  6. Mar 17, 2014
    Actually i liked the film, it was a nice try, bringing the dark side of the werewolf's to the screen, and finally nobody compares it with twilight...thank god!

But the direction by Joe Johnston (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) sacrifices originality for computer graphics and stop-motion camera tricks, and the script, by Andrew Kevin Walker and David Self, bulges with real howlers: “I didn’t know you hunted monsters.” “Sometimes monsters hunt you!”
    Benicio Del Toro looks even more like Lon Chaney Sr. than Chaney Jr. did, and he’s a far better actor than the previous Wolf Man.
  3. The movie plays like a missed opportunity, with its by-the-numbers scares and a story that feels disjointed, hurried in some places, slow in others.