- Starring: Anthony Hopkins
- Summary: Anthony Hopkins stars as Burt Munro, a man who never let the dreams of youth fade. After a lifetime of perfecting his classic Indian motorcycle, Burt sets off from the bottom of the world to test his bike at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. With all the odds against him, he set a new speed record and captured the spirit of his time. Burt Munro's 1967 world record remains unbroken and his legend lives on today. (Magnolia Pictures)… Expand
- Director: Roger Donaldson
- Genre(s): Biography, Drama, Sport
- More Details and Credits »
[Anonymous]10Just wacthed this is such a capivating , enjoyable movies , makes you wish you where there.
ChadS.7At a certain point, Burt Munro(Anthony Hopkins) says, "What?" so often, you wish the filmmaker had forsaken the reality of septugenarian life and blessed him with good hearing. But when Munro triumphs in the Beehive State, the magnitude of his achievement outweighs Hopkins' old man schtick. In "The World's Fastest Indian", we have an eternity to ponder if it's offensive to name a motorcycle after a Native-American. Munro hates smoking, yet he gives an ashtray to a tribal chief as a gift. Along his journey to Utah, we learn he's kind to transgendered minorities and doesn't need viagra(including Ladd, who seems to be playing Flo in retirement). He's also long-winded(in which the other characters stand around and let Hopkins "Act!"). It's not until his fellow land-speed enthusiasts rhapsodize about his courage and pluck do we fully engage with Munro's story. As Jim Moffet, Christopher Lawford gives the key performance.… Expand