8.1

1. Sep 11, 2010
    I can't tell bad things with this movie, it's very expensive movie... a thriller, a perfect... I wonder why others still don't like this movie... I like this a lot that AVATAR, it's perfect, it's excellent...
  2. May 31, 2011
    he number of times in this unbelievably badly-written script that the two [lead characters] refer to each other by name was an indication of just how dramatically the script lacked anything more interesting for the actors to say.Also, filmmaker Robert Altman called it "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life
  3. Nov 28, 2010
    This will always be the greatest film of all time. This heartbreakingly-beautiful & sad classic, nothing short of a masterpiece, was a triumph for James Cameron (he directed Terminator 1 & 2, & Avatar). Avatar surpassed this in terms of grossing only 12 years later (he really IS the king of the world). It is nothing short of late 20th century film-making's magnum opus. I cried at leastThis will always be the greatest film of all time. This heartbreakingly-beautiful & sad classic, nothing short of a masterpiece, was a triumph for James Cameron (he directed Terminator 1 & 2, & Avatar). Avatar surpassed this in terms of grossing only 12 years later (he really IS the king of the world). It is nothing short of late 20th century film-making's magnum opus. I cried at least four times in the movie after seeing it once. I cried when Rose went up from the lifeboat to get Jack, that was beautiful. I also cried when Jack died after hypothermia in the freezing water, when Jack sunk right into the water sent tears to my eyes right away. I cried when the band played "Nearer, My God, To Thee" on violin, because I thought it was beautiful. I also cried during "The Dream", the final scene of Titanic, because that showed how Titanic could have been the ship of dreams. & it was. It really was. Until it sunk on that fateful day. It is truly insulting that critics could be lousy & mean enough to only let this movie get a 74. It should have AT LEAST a 100. Expand
  4. Feb 5, 2014
    One of those films that stay embedded on our culture.
    I loved, love and always will love this movie.
    It's amazing from start to finish. A great ride for everyone :)
  5. Apr 15, 2011
    IT IS 2011 ALMOST LIKE TEN YEARS OR MORE SINCE THEY MADE THIS FILM AND EVERYTIME I WATCH IT I ENJOYED IT AND FEEL AS IF I WATCH IT THE DAY OF ITS RELEASE, I love titanic!!!!
  6. Sep 24, 2013
    James Cameron did an excellent job at directing the film. DiCaprio and Winslet showed their amusing chemistry extremely well. Cinematography was great. The script was great. And the special effects used in breaking the ship in half was absolutely awesome. It can definitely match "Gone With The Wind" as one of the best romantic films of all time. Really fantastic...
  7. Jun 12, 2011
    for those of you who make it seem like it is a horrible movie because its slow, then shame on you, because it really is a true story, and you make it seem like it wasn't a true story, but a dumbass made up story. if you are going to burn a titanic movie, then review one of the animated titanic movies. and i will admit that i myself don't especially love this movie. but it is NOT i repeatfor those of you who make it seem like it is a horrible movie because its slow, then shame on you, because it really is a true story, and you make it seem like it wasn't a true story, but a dumbass made up story. if you are going to burn a titanic movie, then review one of the animated titanic movies. and i will admit that i myself don't especially love this movie. but it is NOT i repeat NOT A CHICK FLICK. it is a historicaly accurate movie that puts the emotion and heart wrenching events in world history. if you hate this movie because it seems like a piece of **** chick flick, then shame on you. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  8. Oct 5, 2011
    The special effects and the intense tragedy of the sinking ship are well told, the romantic cut and paste story is cheese. Titanic is a good movie for sure but does show more than any other that its not the best movies that make the most money.
  9. Jun 6, 2012
    11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the real people and real heroism on board the ship are shamelessly ignored, and sometimes offensively twisted, in the film's portrayal of the Titanic's11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the real people and real heroism on board the ship are shamelessly ignored, and sometimes offensively twisted, in the film's portrayal of the Titanic's First Officer, Lieutenant William Murdoch. So offensively in fact, the film's production staff had to apologise to the entire town where Murdoch grew up. What's worse, is that this film has become synonymous with the real story of the Titanic. So, a real story of Human sacrifice, heroism, bravery and selflessness in the face of impending death has been supplanted by a third-rate teeny-bopper love story. Great. Expand
  10. Sep 8, 2014
    One of the greats of our time--in terms of dramatic tragedy, disaster and direction. James Cameron largely took the romantic path of this unparalleled tragedy. The romanticism can be easily criticized; however, it makes this film and story much more cohesive.
  11. Oct 18, 2012
    The best movie I saw in my whole life.Leonardo DiCaprio,Kate Winslet,Billy Zane,etc.James Cameron also it's a great director.The suicide scene of one of the crew was awesome.The screenplay too.I wait to see Avatar in 3-D.
  12. Dec 22, 2012
    A true cinematic masterpiece
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    I love to hate this movie. I hate to love this movie. Titanic, is without question, long and doesn't get interesting until about 90 minutes into the movie. As much as i hate the song "My heart will go on" and on...and on...This didn't deserve best picture. It is by far not a classic. Still, this is a groundbreaking movie and should be crowned as a glorious movie, by all means, yes. I knowI love to hate this movie. I hate to love this movie. Titanic, is without question, long and doesn't get interesting until about 90 minutes into the movie. As much as i hate the song "My heart will go on" and on...and on...This didn't deserve best picture. It is by far not a classic. Still, this is a groundbreaking movie and should be crowned as a glorious movie, by all means, yes. I know why people hate it as well as love it. I go back and forth between loving and hating it with a passion. No idea why. The effects are just...un-freakin-believably good. I felt as if I was there. The lines are often cheesy, but...you do have to remember, you can't just have a movie about Titanic that spands 3 hours. That is why it is a love story. I'm not one for romance anyways. So, I understand if you think it's the greatest movie ever. I also understand if you think it's the worst. In some ways, I would love to give this movie a 3 a be done with it. But, I'm forgetting, that there is something special to this movie. Kate Winslet is great. I didn't like Leo Dicaprio, but again, the whole Jack character annoyed the hell out of me. Cameron, please DO NOT write movies. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    might b a little predictable but that's what the target audience wants Anyone who is a hopeless romantic and those who believe in soul mates roughly 80 percent of the country .But nonetheless this is a Great movie ,epic, tragic, romantic.
  15. Aug 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a half decent film that definitely entertains with the first few watches, though it is a bit long. the thing for me was the fact neither Rose nor Jack seemed intent on beeping that horn in the car, that could have been done more, because it was a moment I felt slightly humored. Also, I'm sure there was enough space on that rafter for Jack to get on too, so it was his fault. But no, seriously, this is a film that I've regularly seen bring a tear to people's eyes. Expand
  16. Jan 9, 2015
    Titanic is my favorite movie of all time. To me this was my favorite movie, because when I was growning up, Titanic was my favorite thing to talk about, and draw-even today still. Also, the special effects are spectaculiar, and Titanic does'nt waste its 194 min. at all.
  17. Aug 2, 2012
    The first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme song that felt so emotional.
  18. Oct 4, 2010
    A tragic love story featuring superb acting, plenty of drama, suspense and, of course, the famous musical score. This film thoroughly deserves its 11 Oscars and is a remarkable achievement by James Cameron, who has managed to create one of the saddest and most epic love stories of all time.
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    The insanely long run time may shy some people away but this is a good film. I watched it numerous times on VHS when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (FYI - I am a guy).
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    It's just perfect. From the top to the end, I loved not only the heart-breaking final but every single moment of Jack and Rose's blossoming yet short-lived love story. My all-time favorite movie.
  21. Aug 13, 2011
    When I first saw Titanic, I was star struck. This movie is incredible. The technology is ace!!!! Leo DiCaprio 's acting is just the best he has ever been. He proves he can take on any major role. All the characters did a fantastic job. You will see that it is a long movie but it's worth it trust me. You and your family will enjoy this but be aware there are some nudity in it with theWhen I first saw Titanic, I was star struck. This movie is incredible. The technology is ace!!!! Leo DiCaprio 's acting is just the best he has ever been. He proves he can take on any major role. All the characters did a fantastic job. You will see that it is a long movie but it's worth it trust me. You and your family will enjoy this but be aware there are some nudity in it with the drawing scene, the car scene, and the beginning when they show the photo of her wearing the diamond. Some violence when Rose and Hockley have a fight, and when she spits. but other than that it is a fantastic movie. Sit down and enjoy the titanic ride. Expand
  22. CCN
    Aug 1, 2011
    Heart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music oftenHeart-warming, poignant and occasionally comic, Titanic is powerful love story set aboard the ill-fated luxury liner, that is almost guaranteed to touch any audience's heart. The special effects, costume and set designs are all spectacular, and the cast members are all on key, with two outstanding performances from Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. The lighting and music often contribute to the film's ability to absorb you into it's world, and it often feels as if you're on the wide specious decks of the luxury liner itself. Titanic has been a huge commercial and critical success, and is one of the most expensive and successful films of all time; watching it you can easily see why. In April 2012 Director/Writer James Cameron will release his masterpiece once again for a new generation of cinema-lovers to enjoy on the big screen, and this time it'll be sailing into cinemas in 3D. It is set to be released days before the 100th anniversary of the sinking. Expand
  23. Aug 18, 2011
    Titanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of herTitanic is beautifully shot film from the change of two centuries when unsinkable dreams failed everyone and first world war was around the corner. At the same time there was rising a dawn of a new era, 20th century, and as a mark of that era there were also some dreams that didn ´t failed but set some people free. Rose had a dream of that kind -she was a prisoner of her narsissistic mother and distinguished family background. Jack was a poor boy enjoying his underclass kind of freedom with no obsessions to power or wealth. A romance between them was truly about surviving as love always is. Well, Jack didn t survive but he saved Rose. And that ´s a true love story, about true love :) Expand
  24. Jan 21, 2014
    The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown,The Jack and Rose storyline doesn't ignore the plight of the other passengers - it is hard to fault the acting of the characters - especially considering the design of the entire film had to be dramatically vast and reveal accounts that are accurate portrayals of their real-life counterparts. Thomas Andrews, the chief engineer of Titanic itself who went down with the ship and Molly Brown, known as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' who happened to not be acknowledged until after her death, are two examples.

The relationship between Jack and Rose is more an emphasis on society's expectations in 1912. Although the romance only lasted a few days, it happened at the point of one of history's greatest disasters and only the beginning of women's suffrage. The first class and third class passengers are so much in contrast despite Jack spending so much close proximity to them alongside his witty repartee, not to mention that at both ends of the spectrum it is clear that neither class are shown to be anything but themselves.

Some truly devastating dialogue, often as a pointer or a sad truth to reflect society's values, but also perhaps the odd humour that does something similar: "Music to drown to, now I know I'm in first class". There are many scenes of true beauty, such as the sunset over the sea with a poignant remark of the last light the ship ever saw. The soundtrack itself evoked beauty, particularly the rendition of Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' carrying on a beautiful moment at a truly wondrous event in the film.
  25. Apr 6, 2012
    this movie is the my number 1 most favorite movie of all time. This film is flawlessly crafted and built and made. this movie sucks you in to a hole of romance, adventure, and enjoyment all at the same time which you won't forget.
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    Titanic...WOW!! I think this movie should be ranked in the top 5 movies of all time. Maybe top 3. James Cameron takes a historic event and makes it a blockbuster film. This grand film really keeps you hooked. Yeah, some visuals might lack, but I enjoyed the movie anyhow.
  27. Dec 22, 2011
    Far too long, Really drags on the film as long as it can until it can go no more. I enjoyed the film ,dont get me wrong, but the runtime killed me in the end. Acting was ok but no where near as impressive as the film's special effects.
  28. Aug 24, 2014
    Not my type of movie in any way, but surely the people who are into the everlasting story of love and tragedy enjoy it. After all, this is more about the affair of Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) than it is about one of the most famous ships of all time.

Titanic sank on her maiden voyage. A lot of people died - unnecessarily, perhaps. That's what most people know about the real events. I myself find that sometimes I just want to keep reading stories told by the survivors, to get the feel of things.

This movie has won a heap of awards since it was released, and not for nothing: the movie looks really good. The design of the boat was very beautiful and authentic looking, as were the clothes and other details seen in the film. It gives you a good, solid whiff of what it was like back in the day.

The story itself is structured quite nicely between past and present, although the present isn't quite as well detailed as the past. Rose, who survived the shipwreck, recounts her story to a group of avid listeners. For some reason they are mesmerized by the story of suffocating future and an alternative opportunity of adventure, although their interest simply lies on finding a valuable diamond and its fate.

Amazingly enough, the whole three hours that this movie lasts, and only the last hour or so focusing on the actual events of the sinking, the movie doesn't get boring. Although there isn't much going on in the beginning, there was just enough vibe going on to keep one looking and waiting for the inevitable. After all, we all know how the story ends before it even begins.
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    To admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthyTo admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthy 3 hour saga, now I could feel calmer in facing the numerous household names still stuck in my to-be-watched list and meanwhile other potential newcomers have never stopped emerging.

To be honest with oneself, no one could deny TITANIC is a monumental masterpiece, the visual stunts are so compelling and marvel me in its verisimilitude of reconstructing such a monolith setting (what
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Casual viewers might struggle to look past the love story and the crash, but James Cameron's painstakingly realized dream is a marvel of the extents the director pushed not just the technology (which he undoubtedly did) at the time but also the conviction of his vision.

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.