8.0

1. Dec 7, 2012
    Unbelievable movie. I think everybody should go back to when he first watched this movie and no judge after watching it several times . Great love story that cannot be repeated in any other movie!
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    I Love This Movie. Romantic and wonderful, and I think this is one of the best of the history. Ok I remeber that I've seen betters movies than it but this movie smash !
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    It's just perfect. From the top to the end, I loved not only the heart-breaking final but every single moment of Jack and Rose's blossoming yet short-lived love story. My all-time favorite movie.
  4. Oct 18, 2012
    The best movie I saw in my whole life.Leonardo DiCaprio,Kate Winslet,Billy Zane,etc.James Cameron also it's a great director.The suicide scene of one of the crew was awesome.The screenplay too.I wait to see Avatar in 3-D.
  5. Oct 15, 2012
    Titanic offers one of the very best Blu-Ray releases available today. I have no qualms giving this set highest marks James Cameron is a genius While Titanic can't touch Cameron's true classics, The Terminator and Aliens.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    To admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthyTo admit this is the first time I have watched TITANIC from A to Z might hinder my credibility as a serious film critic (as least a self-acclaimed title), I have had several sketchy viewings during all these years but never conquered it entirely, then all of sudden it occurred to me a few days ago this is the biggest loophole in my filmography which I should mend ASAP, so after the lengthy 3 hour saga, now I could feel calmer in facing the numerous household names still stuck in my to-be-watched list and meanwhile other potential newcomers have never stopped emerging.

To be honest with oneself, no one could deny TITANIC is a monumental masterpiece, the visual stunts are so compelling and marvel me in its verisimilitude of reconstructing such a monolith setting (what
  7. Aug 25, 2012
    Long sometimes and the character of Hockley is just a stereotypical bad guy, but that were already all the bad things about this movie. A masterpiece, that mixes a wonderful love story with fantastic special effects! Deserved all of the won Oscars!
  8. Aug 3, 2012
    What a romantic and sad but bombastic peace of drama this movie is. Sometimes it just all comes together and you are taken away ti a different world by a movie and this is a perfect example of that. Di caprio's best movie for me. He's so perfectly made for the part of young guy who feels true love for the first time and the drama that splashes it all away in the end. The finale of theWhat a romantic and sad but bombastic peace of drama this movie is. Sometimes it just all comes together and you are taken away ti a different world by a movie and this is a perfect example of that. Di caprio's best movie for me. He's so perfectly made for the part of young guy who feels true love for the first time and the drama that splashes it all away in the end. The finale of the movie shows us the most sad image ever shown BY FAR (of 2 old people holding on 2 each other coz they lose the fight with he water first))is just emotional perfection. Awesome peace of history-telling. SEE IT! Expand
  9. Aug 2, 2012
    The first half of this movie: boring. The second half of this movie actually defines the movie with amazing drama and special effects. Although this is one of the most popular movies of all time, some people cried with the main theme song that felt so emotional.
  10. Jul 18, 2012
    Titanic is romantic, beautiful, and sad. This is my favorite movie of all time, and totally deserved the best picture award it won. This and Inception is the reason Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors. And This is why Kate Winslet's one of my favorite actresses
  11. Jun 25, 2012
    A friend asked me, Will the movie look exactly the same as 1997s version? . I spontaneously told him, Well, the ship will still be sinking. Ha ha
  12. Jun 6, 2012
    11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the real people and real heroism on board the ship are shamelessly ignored, and sometimes offensively twisted, in the film's portrayal of the Titanic's11 Oscars? Why? While James Cameron's "Titanic" certainly delivers as a visual feast and a breakthrough in set design, it is bogged down by a predictable love story without anything new brought to the tired formula. The real stories of the real people and real heroism on board the ship are shamelessly ignored, and sometimes offensively twisted, in the film's portrayal of the Titanic's First Officer, Lieutenant William Murdoch. So offensively in fact, the film's production staff had to apologise to the entire town where Murdoch grew up. What's worse, is that this film has become synonymous with the real story of the Titanic. So, a real story of Human sacrifice, heroism, bravery and selflessness in the face of impending death has been supplanted by a third-rate teeny-bopper love story. Great. Expand
  13. Jun 1, 2012
    Every time I see this movie I can't take my eyes away from the screen. The movie feels like reality before your eyes as if you've never seen it before.
  14. Apr 16, 2012
    Cannot really understand how can anyone give this movie a negative review. Loved it, was extremely touched by the movie and I believe it may be the most touching and romantic movie ever made. 10/10
  15. Apr 14, 2012
    An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential.An achievement in visual filmmaking and a textbook case of overestimation. This film undeservedly cleaned up 1997's Academy Awards, due mostly to poor telecasts of prior ceremonies and bowing to public pressure. In reality, this movie deserved every technical award it could muster, and not a single one more. Picked up a best picture award over the much superior film L.A. Confidential. A good film with great visuals, but does not rank among the great films of our time. Expand
  16. Apr 14, 2012
    The 3D doesn't matter. I mean it's the best that your going to get from post conversion but it's nothing special. What's special is this masterpiece back on the big screen where it belongs. If I had the money to blow I could watch this 3 hour picture perfect film over and over again. The sound and the big screen are enough. If you haven't seen it in theaters watch it before it's gone!
  17. Apr 13, 2012
    I love the movie titanic, I believe that this film is sad and depressing, but a legend love story, although i love this film, what was the point of releasing it again in 3D?
  18. Apr 6, 2012
    this movie is the my number 1 most favorite movie of all time. This film is flawlessly crafted and built and made. this movie sucks you in to a hole of romance, adventure, and enjoyment all at the same time which you won't forget.
  19. Mar 31, 2012
    I think it goes without saying that this movie's accomplishment to compel you is amazing. Epic on every level and is a force to be reckoned with. A towering achievement that will forever be remembered in cinema.
  20. Mar 26, 2012
    Titanic is a superb masterpiece of epic porportions. Titanic is perfect. Great Story, great acting, wonderfully crafted and music that is one of a kind. You don't just watch Titanic you feel it, the hardships, the losses and the romance. James Cameron has made one of the best movies of all time. Epic is just the tip of the iceberg for Titanic. (no pun intented)
  21. Dec 22, 2011
    Far too long, Really drags on the film as long as it can until it can go no more. I enjoyed the film ,dont get me wrong, but the runtime killed me in the end. Acting was ok but no where near as impressive as the film's special effects.
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    Titanic...WOW!! I think this movie should be ranked in the top 5 movies of all time. Maybe top 3. James Cameron takes a historic event and makes it a blockbuster film. This grand film really keeps you hooked. Yeah, some visuals might lack, but I enjoyed the movie anyhow.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    The insanely long run time may shy some people away but this is a good film. I watched it numerous times on VHS when it first came out and I still enjoy it to this day (FYI - I am a guy).
  24. Nov 2, 2011
    Titanic is a movie merging two characters coming from completely different social backgrounds on the ill-fated ship. I don't understand why lots of people didn't like this movie. Q: Why is it such a "sappy" love story?
    A: It's a trick used to make us love the main characters, so that when one of them dies, we feel sadness for all the other people that died with the ship.
    Q: Why such a

Q: Why such a terrible script?
    A: Seriously? It's brilliantly written. In fact, it closely has some of the aspects that the blockbuster "Inception" contains. You have to look closer than the dialogue and the actions of the story. Writing a screenplay is a very hard job. You have to symbolize with almost everything. You have to feel what the characters are feeling and how they would react to certain situations. Plus, there it has a pretty big plot behind it (you've got the heart of the ocean, the painting, the whistle, the hair pin, etc) that has to be weaved together... and this can be a VERY messy process that takes a LONG time to clean up. It's a slap in the face when someone says your work, in which you worked five years on, is horrible.

Q: Why the best picture?
    A: Come on, it was the 90's. In that decade, picture wasn't that great considering it was VHS. And when they talk about best picture, they don't just talk about how HD the film is. They talk about the colors, the cinematography, the lighting, etc.

Q: Why the cheesy dialogue?
    A: Okay, try writing a play right now. What would you say if you were in water BELOW FREEZING and you knew you were going to die. What would you say to your lover? It's not cheesy, and it's not dumb. It's well thought out. I have to go through my written dialogue many times before it seems right. The dialogue also has to move the story forward, which is what happened in the film. Q: Wow, there's no action before the sinking. Why?
    A: What if Titanic was written differently? Maybe it introduces a thief on the ship who tries to kill everyone on board, and actually knocked the captain off the ship and drove it into the iceberg? It would be completely stupid. It doesn't follow history. Now, I know Jack and Rose are both fictitious characters, but there were many people on board the ship that had relationships. It's not like they knew the Titanic was going to sink and broke up so that it wasn't as depressing...

I'd just like to say that lots of people under-rate Titanic because it's a romance. Come on, there's actually a penis joke during a dinner scene. People are way to picky. You wanted to see a film of a ship sinking, and that's what you got. I give this film a 9/10.
  25. Oct 5, 2011
    The special effects and the intense tragedy of the sinking ship are well told, the romantic cut and paste story is cheese. Titanic is a good movie for sure but does show more than any other that its not the best movies that make the most money.
  26. Sep 26, 2011
    "Titanic" has its glorious pictures, but director James Cameron forcefully brings tears to the audience with its cheesy dialogue and the overwhelming sole focus on the chemistry between the two main characters.
  27. Sep 2, 2011
    Oh do I hate this movie!!! Why did it have to center on a sappy love story? And why so formulaic? And why such a terrible script? And why such over the top and upfront heartbreak? AND WHY BEST PICTURE???
  28. Aug 30, 2011
    James, James, James. Why did you have to be the one to direct this **** on the face of America. Titanic is a romanticisation of the Titanic tragedy. Kate and Leo do a relatively good job acting, but that's because they're the only thing saving the movie from sinking on the review charts like the Titanic. I mean, I respect James and all, but this movie was the god-damn black sheep of them.

You don't just watch Titanic, you experience it.
  2. No amount of excellent period costuming and brilliant set decoration can substitute for a good story and decent acting.
  3. The first half drags a bit, but the adventure scenes are exciting and the visual effects are as dazzling as Hollywood's most advanced technology can make them. Focusing as much on time and memory as on danger and disaster, it's an epic with a heart.