- Starring: Kiefer Sutherland, Robert Carlyle
- Summary: A true story about four Allied POWs who endure harsh treatment at the hands of their Japanese captors during World War II while being forced to build a railroad through the Burmese jungle. Ultimately they find true freedom by forgiving their enemies. (Argyll Films)
- Director: David L. Cunningham
- Genre(s): Action, Drama, War
- More Details and Credits »
The dialogue and voice-over narration (by Gordon) are homily-heavy, and the staging sometimes awkward. The prison extras in particular are often left to stare blankly at the gut-wrenching action before them, with many, including Sutherland, looking awfully fit for men who've been starving for years.