7.4

1. Jan 26, 2014
    One of my favorite movies, and ten times better than Red Dawn (2012) although I liked Red Dawn (2012). It is pretty intense and interesting piece of film making, the characters are full of emotions, heart and spirit. It is funny, sad, intense, thought provoking...etc. I just love every second of it.
  2. Apr 27, 2013
    A solid Aussie film that might be aimed at a teenage marker but there is enough here for adults to enjoy also. I've just recently read the book from John Marsden and they did stay very close to the content, and choosing Caitlin Stasey as Ellie was spot on; in fact all of the young cast is exceptionally talented. The action scenes look great and the film is a non-stop feast of explosive scenes. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable film I would certainly recommend, and a quality Aussie movie! Expand
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    A action packed film that was fun and dramatic. It was better than the original Red Dawn and showed what it really would be like if your country was invaded and even better is that is shows the question in front of them they're free but do they deserve it and what should they really do hide or fight for their loved ones who would do the same for them.
  4. Jan 19, 2013
    The first movie that comes with teens who can act since super 8, amazing piece of art, great job, amazing story! Can't wait for the sequel! loved it! Everything was perfect!
  5. Nov 17, 2012
    A good movie that combines war with adolescence.
  6. Sep 6, 2012
    Limp movie with silly and cliched characters and plot lines. There was nothing believable about the story or the characters and I was left without empathy for them or their situation. Freely driving and riding around the local roads when there has been an invasion by a highly mechanised army with control of the skies is not what I would consider authentic story telling let alone teenagers outwitting and outfighting trained professional soldiers. This film could have been so much more but seemed to me to be one of a number of different parts hence the disjointedness. Some of the acting was ok but more often than not it left a lot to be desired. For example the dope head character was unnecessary and poorly performed. Overall I would rate this film as an immature film school level attempt. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2012
    I was expecting an action movie along the lines of the classic Red Dawn however I got a movie that spent too long on a camping trip, have an invasion force that couldn't shoot straight and heroes that injured themselves running into gardening equipment!! Great concept, poorly outlayed.
  8. Feb 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is amaizing i can't write more cause i dont know good english but the movie is perfect for my ages..

1. Reviewed by: Russell Edwards
    Feb 26, 2012
    Parochial paranoia dovetails with adolescent angst in the glossy sci-fi coming-of-ager Tomorrow When the War Began.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Feb 23, 2012
    Beyond the shooting and running around, the film works because Beattie never loses the perspective of Ellie Linton (Caitlin Stasey), through whose eyes the story is told.
  3. Reviewed by: Eve Barlow
    Feb 21, 2012
    Serviceable action thriller than unleashes John Milius-style guerilla setpieces without the impact of John Milius-style budgets.