8.7

1. Apr 7, 2011
    While the first one showed that animated movies can be made completely with cg animation, this one proved that animated sequels can indeed be just as good as their predecessors (Shrek 2 and Toy Story 3 would prove this years later).
  2. Oct 20, 2010
    Just as good as the first story with a new batch of great characters. Moments for both the adults and the children. It is both timeless and universal just like its predecessor and is one of the few sequels that keeps the legacy of the whole franchise.
  3. Jan 16, 2012
    Toy Story 2 is visually dazzling, heartfelt and just hilarious with amazing voice acting and memorable characters this is a very successful sequel. I give this film 95% of a good movie.
  4. Jan 6, 2012
    The second masterpiece from Pixar. While arguably not as good as it's predecessor, it contains many funny jokes, a loving plot and a well written and perfectly performed script. It doesn't age (which is nice) and is still one of the best animated films I have ever seen. Not quite as good as Toy Story 2, but is Pixar's 5th best film.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    Sequels that attempt to top or even be as good as a brilliant original are hard to come by, but Toy Story 2 manages not only to be as good if not better than the original, but also manages to again find a place in everyones heart on an emotional level that will live on.
    As owner Andy prepares to go to cowboy camp with Woody, the beloved toy's arm is ripped and must sit out the trip, and he soon is put on the shelf where all the disused toys go, and fears that his days are numbered as a played with toy.
    After a yard sale goes disastrously wrong, Woody is captured by a greedy toy collector, who Woody finds out wants to sell him as he is a part of a collection of famous dolls who were on a TV show years before.
    Meanwhile, Buzz and the rest of the gang are on a mission to save Woody and bring him back to his owner before the toy collector, Al, sells him.
    All our original cast return including Tim Allen as Buzz and Tom Hanks as Woody, with the introduction of new characters including Bullseye the horse, Jesse the cowgirl (Joan Cusack) and Stinky Pete (Kelsey Grammar).
    The second instalment in the blockbuster animated series continues to deal with real life issues, this time how growing up can affect everyone of all ages, and the film brings back many realisations that we must make difficult decisions as we grow older.
    The additions of new characters are a welcome expansion to the universe, and offer very funny situations that also mock different films while also delivering a clean and thoroughly enjoyable experience that will again never leave your side..much like the original.
    Visually, the film continues to outshine the original, coming out four years after its predecessor, and it certainly brings a beautiful and more pristine experience and new level of enjoyment to the film.
    Pixar continue to surprise and amaze, and with Toy Story 2 this is no different. it truly begs the question of how simple situations can make for the hardest decisions, but which ultimately come down to yourself.
    With another Randy Newman scored film, its a simply unmissable film that will leave you wanting more and more, and of course one which will perhaps bring a tear to your eye.
    You should certainly have a friend in Toy Story 2.
  6. Feb 17, 2013
    Toy Story is a true classic, in every sense of the word. So Toy Story 2 had a lot to live up to, to try and even meet the standard of the first film let along exceed it. Luckily Toy Story 2 meets the standard perfectly, however does not exceed the awesomeness of the first film, but instead compliments it.
    So a few years have passed since the events of the original Toy Story and Andy has now reached his early teens, slowly growing out his toys. When clearing out his room Woody is accidentally thrown out and picked up by a toy collector to be framed for the rest of his life. Buzz and the rest of the gang from the first film go after Woody to rescue him and get him back to Andy before he returns from summer camp. However as Woody starts to learn that it wont be long until Andy no longer needs him and he starts to form new relationships with the collectors current set of toys he becomes reluctant to leave and go back to Andy.
    Toy Story 2 takes all of the stuff that made Toy Story awesome and exaggerates it to make a much 'bigger' film without making the first one feel 'small' in comparison. It does nothing new but it delivers a concept we can all relate to and can learn from whilst providing us with an entertaining cast, well animated and generally awesome film.
  7. Oct 11, 2013
    Toy story 2 is an amazing film, with it being better than the first. New and interesting characters, with a good plot. Pixar really showed us what they are made of.
  8. Mar 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Toy Story out of the 3. The characters return like Buzz, Woody, and new characters. Like maybe Zurg, Jessie, etc. Tom Hanks is a great actour. He did a great job acting Woody. The storyline and plot were awesome. Woody gets stolen by this fat guy who goes to Tokyo, Japan. (Lived in Tokyo for 2yrs.) At least Woody got repaired. I give this a 9/10 because of the crappy Barbie. She sucks! Well, in her own series. That's for sure. Great movie overall, and if you liked the first one, I totally recommend watching this. Expand
  9. Sep 15, 2011
    "Toy Story 2", the animation sequel to the masterpiece "Toy Story", labels itself as a another masterpiece by continuing the purity and love the first movie had.
  10. Oct 28, 2010
    the reason of why the original was so good is because it needs to be played with sequels and this time this one kicks a** and its my favorite in the series along with the first movie.
  11. Jan 9, 2011
    I always find it so hard to believe that it was made in 1999. It's like it was just released last year! A great movie for anyone.
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    This may not be the best Toy Story but it is still a great movie, the story is a little predictable and some of the new characters aren't as great as the others but it is still a movie I would recommend seeing, it's funny, smart , and ultimately charming, if you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy this one, even if it's not as good.
  13. Mar 27, 2013
    Kind of boring as I remember thinking as a kid when I saw this movie.
  14. Apr 23, 2014
    Toy Story 2 is just another dismal effort with inept characters and an implausible story. Any new characters added this time do nothing to help this franchise.
  15. Nov 23, 2010
    I love the sequel, I love 1, 2 and 3. I love everything from these movies.

I love how they introduce the new characters and I love the movie

In some places, there moments which were funny and exciting.

Brilliant just brilliant.
  16. Apr 18, 2011
    Even more fun and more adventurous than the first film. Pros: Innovative characters; eye popping animation; hilarious dialog and pop culture references; the best Pixar film to date. Cons: Again, if Toy Story 2 lacked anything, it's because you don't have an eye for animation, period.
  17. Dec 24, 2013
    It could reasonably be argued that the plot for Toy Story 2 is virtually the original's in reverse (this time around Buzz is trying to rescue Woody) but, as with virtually all of Disney Pixar's movies, there are more than enough funny moments to keep anyone entertained.
  18. Sep 24, 2012
    A fantastic sequel to its previous movie. It has sympathy, just like the first movie. Technically, it was amazing. It has great animation, voice acting and a wonderful new cast of characters. Another masterpiece from Pixar I must say......
  19. Jul 5, 2011
    While not as good as the original, Toy Story 2 is still one of the best animated movies ever made, in my opinion. It does everything almost as good as the orignal
  20. Aug 11, 2011
    It's more adventurous than the first with a few more clever pop-culture references, making this the sequel that the first film deserved. Not to mention the introduction of great new characters and would you believe it, no age limit
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    I think Toy Story 2 is better than the original. It is more adventurous than the first one because there is a lot more going on and there are more fun characters.
  22. Jan 10, 2012
    In my opinion, this is the best Pixar movie, other than Ratatouille and The Incredibles. And I say this only because the movie introduces new character bonds while still strengthening the old ones. (9.7/10)
  23. Dec 2, 2013
    Like its predecessor, Toy Story 2 is filled with great depth and genuine heart showing us the potential of big budget animation as something that's truly for all ages and the ages.
  24. Apr 26, 2012
    The new characters including Buster (The Dog) are great additions. I love that the old guy from Geri's Game made a cameo. Toy Story 2 is about friendship, just like the first movie, but in a different way. This one is about friends having each others back. The movie goes in depth about the meaning of a toy's life. Great dialogue like the first, only problem I had was Buzz and Woody didn'tThe new characters including Buster (The Dog) are great additions. I love that the old guy from Geri's Game made a cameo. Toy Story 2 is about friendship, just like the first movie, but in a different way. This one is about friends having each others back. The movie goes in depth about the meaning of a toy's life. Great dialogue like the first, only problem I had was Buzz and Woody didn't have enough screen time together like in the first. I love the star wars reference with Zurg being Buzz's dad. I have to say the Toy Story version is better. I absolutely love the sexual reference with Buzz, it's Hilarious. Expand
  25. Nov 3, 2013
    "Toy Story 2" is exactly what a sequel must be bigger, funnier and more exciting. The computer-animation, just like the first, is outstanding. Anyone who loved "Toy Story" definitely must check out this touching sequel.
  26. Jan 23, 2013
    Duplicates the first one's brilliance. Toy Story 2 is not only lots of fun, but has many strong, emotional moments in it as well. A lot of new, great characters are introduced for the first time, too.
  27. Jan 30, 2013
    Another masterpiece of animation.
  28. Feb 9, 2013
    My favorite animated movie of all time. Full of great characters, fun action sequences and quality animation. It has an incredible balance of humor, action and tear jerking scenes that everyone will find something to love in.
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    This took a while to come out but when it did, it was worth the long wait. New characters meant more excitement. In a way, it was bigger in scale compared to the first movie. Definitely a must see like its predecessor.
  30. Dec 21, 2013
    Here's my childhood part 2. Not only is this a fantastic sequel and even lives up to the first, but it also touches on a more human emotional grasp than the first one. It's definitely a more mature "Toy Story" adaptation, yet it still never becomes something too much. Overall, it's a well deserved sequel! This also deserves an A+!
  31. Mar 15, 2014
    The animation is even more mind-blowing, if that's possible. The characters and objects seem even more palpable and real than last time. There's a thickness to bodies of the human characters and an amazing attention to detail throughout.
  32. Jun 12, 2013
    Great movie, it's more than just a continuation to the story of the first movie, it's also impeccable at getting deeper into the the characters persona and past.
  33. Jun 22, 2013
    "Toy Story 2" is good, but not as good as the first one, but despite that the original is slightly better this one is really great, amazing and smart, a great time for the whole family.
  34. Jul 4, 2013
    While building on emotions from the first film, the "Toy Story" gang is back for an outrageously good sequel that leaves almost none to disappoint. With saddening touches, hilarious returns, and a wonderful tale put into the movie, you can almost call "Toy Story 2" better than the first. Well, almost.
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    Its always spellbinding, funny, and appealing to even adults. I have to admit, it's a downturn from its predecessor, which is on the list of greatest films of all time. Its still charming and lovable, but not a masterpiece like the original. But I must say, "Toy Story 2" is a necessary and approving sequel.
  36. Sep 8, 2014
    This is in my opinion the worst Toy Story movie. That does not make it a bad movie though. the pacing is a bit weird but the voice acting and the look still holds up today.
  37. Oct 31, 2013
    the second toy story movie series is for me the worst film of all the series but still is no bad film,there is some new characters that i didn't like so much.
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    Toy Story 2 succeeds its predecessor by leaps and bounds.
    Toy Story 2 impresses audiences young and old with its radiant style and life like characters.
  39. Dec 5, 2014
    Definitely one of the best Toy Story films up to now. It's comical, it's tear-jerking, beautifully animated but it's also, surprisingly well-written and fabulously voiced. I recommend it for all ages.
  40. Jan 19, 2015
    After the immaculate success of Toy Story, everyone knew that Toy Story 2 had a lot to live up to. But Toy Story 2 not only matched it's predecessor, it surpassed it. Toy Story 2 has it all. It's powerful, intense, humorous and rich. This time the toys are dropped in a much darker world where our protagonist (Woody) is faced with a choice of choosing between fame and love. There are noAfter the immaculate success of Toy Story, everyone knew that Toy Story 2 had a lot to live up to. But Toy Story 2 not only matched it's predecessor, it surpassed it. Toy Story 2 has it all. It's powerful, intense, humorous and rich. This time the toys are dropped in a much darker world where our protagonist (Woody) is faced with a choice of choosing between fame and love. There are no easy choices. It's a film about dedication, commitment, friendship and immortality. Wall-E is still Pixar's best film to date. Toy Story 2 is certainly among the best. Expand
  41. Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah i don't think this is AS good as the original. I would give it a 7,5 but since i cant i'm giving it a 8. It was a GREAT movie don't get me wrong. This movie was just a let down but not bad. It wasn't as funny and i didn't like the new characters that much.
  42. Feb 7, 2015
    Toy Story 2 essentially matches the strength of the original film. I love the additions of the new characters like Jessie and Bullseye and Kelsey Grammer is excellent playing the villain Stinky Pete. Toy Story 2 captures all of the laughs you get from the first film and its just as cute.
  43. Aug 16, 2014
    An improvement on many weaknesses of the first film, "Toy Story 2" does not deliver something really new. But it has got a better-paced story and renovated visuals. It matches its predecessor's quality, but lacks its originality.
  44. Oct 13, 2014
    A rare sequel that's just as good as the original. Pixar do the clever thing by not trying to re-create these characters, which is why you remember them so well in the first film, as you do in this one. They don't re-hash the same story they still keep it fresh and new. All the new characters are a lot of fun, and you get emotionally involved with them. In conclusion the Toy Story sequelA rare sequel that's just as good as the original. Pixar do the clever thing by not trying to re-create these characters, which is why you remember them so well in the first film, as you do in this one. They don't re-hash the same story they still keep it fresh and new. All the new characters are a lot of fun, and you get emotionally involved with them. In conclusion the Toy Story sequel is a movie that doesn't disappoint. Expand
  45. Oct 19, 2014
    The sequel to the landmark 1995 computer-animated blockbuster from Disney and Pixar. This time around, the fun and adventure continue when Andy goes off to cowboy camp and the toys are left to their own devices. Things shift into high gear when an obsessive toy collector kidnaps Woody -- who hasn't the slightest clue that he's a greatly valued collectible.
  46. Jan 11, 2015
    It's true: Toy Story 2 is an even better movie than the first one! Better villain (Stinky Pete) and new characters (like Jessie the cowgirl) make it almost impossible not to like. Don't miss out on another epic PIXAR film.
  47. Mar 11, 2015
    What's amazing about this picture is how much higher it takes the original Story. Most sequels milk a successful franchise while providing nothing but the same ol' thing, but I was surprised and moved by how wonderful the storytelling and acting were, but above all else how the folks at Pixar drew together a darker more unhappy element for neglected inanimate objects. I have been delightedWhat's amazing about this picture is how much higher it takes the original Story. Most sequels milk a successful franchise while providing nothing but the same ol' thing, but I was surprised and moved by how wonderful the storytelling and acting were, but above all else how the folks at Pixar drew together a darker more unhappy element for neglected inanimate objects. I have been delighted to view this more than once. Definite buy for lovers of animated cinema. Expand
  48. Apr 13, 2015
    1010 .................................................................................…………............................................................
  49. Apr 12, 2015
    Toy story 2 is an American film produced by Pixar and Wall Disney studio directed by John Lesseter, Ash Brannon and Lee Unkrich in 1999.
    It deals with toys alive. The principal character is a cow-boy, Woody.
    It deals with toys alive. The principal character is a cow-boy, Woody.
    I think it’s my favourite film of the Toy story trilogy. In this film, there are new characters who are fun like Jessy the cow-girl. Her story is for me, emotional because she thinks that Emily, her owner, was her best friend but when the little girl growns up, she realizes that Emily doesn’t care for her because she grows, so she has another passion like make-up she can share with her new friend.
    Jessy is very happy during all the film even she had a sad past but doesn’t show it because she was abandoned by her last friend, so it’s horrible part of her life of toy ! But we find Woody in new adventures with Buzz lightyear who are eventful.
    If you like the Disney movies and you have already watched the first one, you like this one too because it’s a great story, espacelly for young viewers.
  50. Apr 6, 2015
    toy story 2 is better then the first one. toy story 2 story is a little better then the first toy story and the charters are much better then the first film.

The story is just as funny and touching. The only problem is the inevitable one: The freshness -- the novel delight -- is a little faded now.
  2. Toy Story had a simpler, stronger story and the advantage of being the first of its kind. But it's quickly apparent that TS2 represents a major step forward in computer-animation artistry.
  3. Aspires to the boundlessness of a kid's imagination.