9.1

1. Sep 15, 2011
    15 years has past, and my faith in Pixar did not break; "Toy Story 3" shakes the cinema as a groundbreaking masterpiece, a masterpiece pertaining the pure love and joy we rarely see in any kind of movies.
  2. Jun 2, 2011
    can't escape the feeling that Toy Story 3 is being terribly overrated by critics and moviegoers alike. Critics are calling it "heartbreaking" and "inspiring", and a movie critic from NYT even went as far as calling it "a deep, complex take on mortality". Seriously? Personally, I found Toy Story 3 of being a surprisingly formulaic and unappealing movie of the following reasons. Firstly, the same story formula is being recycled for the third time! Just like in the other two movies, the toys are separated from Andy. Overall, the plot just feels like one big excuse to move the characters from the backdrop of Andy's room to the daycare center where the story is being transformed into a prison break parody, filled with plot-twists, slapstick humor and gay-jokes, directly aimed at the adults in the audience. But the worst thing is that this movie isn't treating the characters with respect. Rather than having them develop beyond the minimal standard required for the plot, the directors focused more on having them do stupid things and end up in stupid situations. There are about a dozen different toys in the series now, most of which only functions as comic relief characters that stick around in the background. The majority of these toys spend more times being chewed on by drooling babies than showing any character development, whatsoever. Buzz and Woody are really the only ones worth mentioning, which is sad, because both Woody and Buzz are terribly simplistic in this third installment. Woody is the same few-worded, whiny character he was in the other two movies. But it's okay. He doesn't change because the plot requires him to stay the same. But Woody was never the star of this series. It was the space ranger, Buzz, who stole the show back in 1995. In Toy Story 3, the ugly doll is reduced to pure, stupid and brain-dead entertainment. The only character development Buzz Lightyear demonstrates isn't more complex than the switching on the button in his back. He spends the majority of the movie in "demo-mode", delivering catchphrases and references to his delusional space-persona. And it's funny about the first time he does it and not quite as funny about the tenth time. And he spends the rest of the movie as a surprisingly distasteful and offensive Spanish stereotype. And really, oh so devoted Pixarfans, doesn't the fact that the directors would take Buzz Lightyear and change him so carelessly in the film speak volumes of their indifference to their own characters' personalities? I just can't figure out what, if anything, makes this movie so good. From my point of view, It is terrible! And it becomes even more staggering when you think about how other animated movies, personal favorites that are by far more sophisticated and complex; Like How to Train Your Dragon and Bolt, are being pushed in the background to make way for the unyielding glorification of Pixar. Okay, both of these movies have been met fairly well by critics, particularly Dragon, but none of them have received the attention Toy Story 3 received, despite being more deserving. My personal favorite, Bolt, was very underrated, almost overlooked, when realized back in 2008. Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2011
    It's unbelievable how good this film is. It's a rare occurrence where a franchise of three films have been consecutively good box office and critic wise. Definitely worth the watch and worth the eleven years of waiting for this masterpiece of animation.
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    Did they need to make this movie? No. Will you feel emotionally invested in the movie by its end? Absolutely. Has it simply been too many years since the previous movies to enjoy this movie fully? I think so... It just didn't feel fresh from beginning to end, and I can't award a movie for best ending. Sorry.
  5. Nov 26, 2010
    This the just most epic animated movie bar none, and that feels like an understatement. From start to finish, this film delivers unrivalled quality of storytelling, excitement and humour. This was pretty much the perfect end to Pixar's most loved movie series and still excellent as a stand alone film. Toy Story 3 is one of those few animated films that has everything an audience can possibly ask for. It surpasses the likes of Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, Finding Nemo and Lion King to show exactly what the people behind Pixar are capable of. (I know the mentioned films are not made by Pixar except for finding nemo). It may have been 10 years since its predecessor but the wait was definitely worth it. Toy Story 3 could very well be the film of this year and should easily be the best animated feature film in 2010. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2010
    When i was little i thought that the Toy Story franchise will never come back, but they did and boy they hit me hard with good old childhood memories. This movie is the best in its series and is one of my all time favorites. So if your not doing anything, you need to watch Toy Story 3.
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    Toy Story is my all time favorite Disney movie and will always have a special place in my heart. When I first heard about this, I was ecstatic as most of us were. I don't know if it's just me though, but it felt like something was missing or I just didn't enjoy it as much as a kid would. Toy Story 3 isn't just for kids though, it's for everyone, especially those that grew up with it will be really impacted by this movie. Your kids will love it, and so will teens and adults alike. Expand
  8. Aug 13, 2010
    Toy Story 3 had a lot to live up to, but Pixar delivered-as expected. I absolutely loved it! You'll laugh, cry, and share tender moments with these toys who have grown up with us since the late 90's. It's the darkest Pixar film yet, but it delivers on all fronts. The 3-D version is useless, though. I recommend seeing it in 2-D. Anyways, go see this film. Give it a chance. I promise you that you won't regret it. Oh, and by the way, Ken and Buzz Lightyear (Spanish Version) steal the show. You'll know what I mean by that when you see it. A 10/10. Expand
  9. Aug 26, 2010
    "Toy Story 3" knows precisely when to make you laugh and when to make you cry, and is bound to touch the hearts of anyone who has had to put their childhood behind them.
  10. Dec 11, 2010
    We feel this movie might make kids was to kill themselves. This series has always been depressing and nothing you can actually take home with you. Yeah it's got the whole cast back which was long awaiting. This series started off a lot of the CG genre, but there's nothing to actually make you feel good about yourself. If you're sadistic and want your kids or other peoples kids to cry, sure get the movie, but look at it emotionally and mental wise. Is it healthy for your kid to see that stuff? 'Yeah look another funny movie with cool stuff in it, oh wait my kids crying?' Thanks Disney, just like Wall-e kill that main cast member, put some more depression in kids lives. No, this movie wasn't great besides the 3D and CG effects. Expand
  11. Jul 24, 2011
    Toy Story 3 managed to continue the excellent streak of the "Toy Story" series! Not only is the animation simply impeccable, but all of the technical aspects of the film just work perfectly. The story, just like the previous two, is amazingly fresh, interesting and highly engaging. What always surprises me with such animated films is the level of emotional depth that they manage to delve into. I still prefer Wall-E (I think no animated film ever will top that one for me), but Toy Story 3 is all about friendship, loyalty and trust - just what we need to remind ourselves nowadays. Amazingly beautiful, exciting, entertaining, and educational, "Toy Story 3" manages to bring yet another generation of kids under its wing, keeping (and even widening) the love we, who grew up with it, had for the first two films. Excellent! Expand
  12. Aug 12, 2010
    Although so many have said it was less inspiring or under par compared to 1 and 2. I would have to say i whole hearted disagree. I loved the first two and how the characters just bought you back to childhood. But I would have to say number 3 delivered more laughs and although more directed towards an older audience it outclassed the originals if only by a small margin.
  13. Nov 3, 2010
    Toy Story 3 was the best sequel compare to the same Toy Story 2 that there are both best sequels ever,since Star Wars Original Trilogy. I love this movie and I really love it to watch this. The images are pretty good to watch and they did a lot of work with the animation and they also did a lot of work with the better story. This is the last trilogy that they made the best animation film ever. The Toy Story saga is complete and we will remember three movies at our hearts. Expand
  14. Oct 20, 2010
    Disney strikes a 3rd knockout Toy Story picture with Toy Story 3, though seemingly lacking something from the other 2 films, it is still likely to be one of the best films of the new decade.
  15. Aug 25, 2010
    Quite simply one of the best film Ive seen this year. Packed with that Pixar goodness. surprise cameos and a perfect mix of a lost childhood, showing the situation from different aspects. With creative, loveable and well done characters and animations, Toy Story 3 lives up to the first two films, and even outshines them.
  16. Aug 27, 2010
    Pixar makes yet another great film. Toy Story 3 presents us with the idea of growing up and moving on with life. And this is heartbreaking but you empathise and journey back to your own experiences with growing up. In some ways, itâ
  17. Aug 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Toy Story 3 is a time capsule of a movie. I remeber growing up back in the 90s and Toy Story was the big deal for children. Woody, Buzz Lightyear and co. have been taken to a day care in this installment of the Toy Story trilogy. This was of course an accident caused by Andy's mum.

The day care is ruled by a bear who smells of Strawberries "Lotso". I don't want give anything else away so I'll just say my honest thoughts and that'll be it. PIXAR's best since LAST YEAR'S UP. Geez, PIXAR keeps making masterpieces frequently. Wall-E was perfect as well as Ratatouille, Up, Toy Story 1,2 and 3, Monster's Inc., and The Incredibles with the exception of A Bugs Life and Cars which were the only disappointing ones on my list.

PIXAR's done another funny, emotional and exciting as hell masterpiece. Should be nominated for best picture. Hell with that, IT SHOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Sep 13, 2010
    Pixar (unsurprising) has done it again, made a movie so good that you don't want the damn movie to end, ever. "Toy Story 3" has all the hallmarks of a Toy Story film; familiar characters, gut busting jokes, top-notch animation, and excellent voice acting. What really sets this one apart is the emotional factor in this film, a thundering ending that will leave you undoubtedly in tears. Transcending the previous efforts and coming out as unapologetically dark, "Toy Story 3" will rock you to your core. Expand
  19. Dec 3, 2010
    A true masterpiece and the best movie of 2010! Thank you Pixar for introducing us into their magical world back in 1995, giving us an amazing sequel in 1999, and ending the trilogy on a very high note in 2010!
  20. Oct 28, 2010
    Don't walk away from this movie. it has heart, emotion, slapstick humor, and very lovable characters. Toy Story 3 is a huge hit and its one of the best movies ever made to gain 1 billion dollars (beating Avatar in one shot).
  21. Nov 19, 2010
    I loved the first and the second. The third one is just hilarious . I was waiting what the plot was going to be like and I just loved it. It was worth waiting eleven years to finally see how toy story ends. The most surprising fact was that I cried like a baby.
  22. Nov 26, 2010
    I have never before been so emotionally invested in a movie before. I've started to sleep with my teddy again, so he never feels like they do. Toy Story 3 is a beautiful story, and while it's not a perfect 10, it's as close as it gets!
  23. Feb 13, 2011
    This is probably the best movie I ever watched. It was funny and emotional at the same time. I'll miss Toy Story.
  24. Mar 4, 2012
    This movie is just awesome no matter your age. The story is fantastic~! And the animation is excellent. Pixar has delivered again. It is rare to see such movies made anymore. I think that this film will be a future classic!
  25. Jun 27, 2012
    Pixar has made 11 great films (minus Cars 2) and this is the best by far. Made me cry and made me laugh and was beautifully written and was just lovely to watch. I really have to stand and applaud Pixar for making such an incredible film.
  26. Mar 11, 2013
    I wasn't going to rate this movie with a 10 but in the end, it got me and it got me all emotional which movies usually don't do as I usually get bored towards the end. Not Toy Story 3, there is never a dull moment and even though it's completely fantastic, you find yourself willingly spending your disbelief without even thinking about it. This is exactly what a good movie should be like, a spectacle from start to finish. I watched Toy Story 1 when I was young and now I'm watching Toy Story 3 while I'm an adult and I can't help but notice just how well the series has aged. They're tackling some very mature subject matter yet without any bloodshed or nudity. Chapeau! Expand
  27. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great trilogy of animated films. It feels like I grew up with these movies, I was around Andy's age when the first movie came out and now I'm in college like he is now. It's my favorite of the 3.
  28. Aug 11, 2011
    This movie is funny, exciting, dramatic (at times) and heartfelt because BOY DID I CRY. It may have been even better than The Social Network and stood up to all heavyweight films of 2010
  29. Oct 27, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is one of those movies that you can watch and enjoy for the first minute to the last minute. The animation is superb, we came so far from the original graphically speaking. Kids will just eat this up, and adults will be amused by the older jokes. It is essential to have a copy of this movie, whether on disc or Netflix. I give this movie a 9.5, the score it deserves, because the movie really is wonderful. Expand
  30. Nov 3, 2011
    Toy Story 3 is a heartfelt, highly original and creative family-friendly flick. One of Pixar's best, and a nice send off to a classic trilogy. 4/4 stars.
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    I love this film. I was a Toy Story fan when I was 5,6 years old, and when I watched this movie at the age of 12, I felt I was going through the time, although in my opinion, this movie is even better. I love the new characters, because they are very different. I also like the ending. 10 out of 10 marks because it's perfect
  32. Mar 6, 2012
    If you are around the age of 20 and have seen Toy Story 1 and 2; I think its impossible to not love this movie.
    Its beautiful. And its an experience that you can only get if you followed the movie from the start to this, which is a true shame for the future generations.
  33. Mar 24, 2012
    The other 2 toy story's were great but this one takes the cake. Never has a film felt so real with its characters even though they were just toys an achievement like no other for pixar. the ending is classic and will leave some in tears. one of the best pictures of the year
  34. Apr 3, 2012
    It is amazing to witness an animated movie that is so powerful. It has a very human connection about it. This was clearly the best of the series. It hit all the right notes and is strikingly emotional.
  35. Feb 17, 2013
    Toy Story 3 is the final chapter of the Toy Story franchise, or for now anyway. With Andy leaving for college, now in his late teens, his mother is urging him to get rid of his old toys before he leaves. When the gang of toys end up being mistakenly taken to a kindergarten play-centre instead of being left in the attic like they should have been they form a plan to get back home as quickly as possible. However they all realise that Andy will never play with them again, he is far to old to love them like he used to and they will just gather dust so staying in the play-centre is the better option. Its not until they are made unwelcome by the current residents of the kindergarten that they decide to put this plan into motion with less than successful results due to a grumpy old toy who was abandoned by their owner years ago.
    Toy Story 3 is a great conclusion to the amazing coming of age saga that has been the Toy Story series. The sound and animation is just as great as usual, the old characters are still cool and the new characters are well introduced and likeable. Whether Toy Story still has a future is unknown but for the last 15 years toy story provided us with one of the best animated tales ever created and that by itself is a reason to celebrate.
  36. Jan 23, 2013
    The perfect ending to a perfect trilogy. The ending had me sobbing over toys like a child. I don't think any other movies, besides Star Wars, have shaped my life the way Toy Story has.
  37. Oct 7, 2012
    Heavily overrated movie! Seriously, this isn't enjoyable for neither kids nor grown-ups. For the younger ones it will probably be scary and also recondite; for the elder ones, it's a too long and too childish motion picture. 'Toy Story 3' didn't make me laugh one single time and the scenes ought to be sad, didn't touch me (don't call me heartless, it's just not serious!). Also the animations are not better than in the first two movies, which date back more than 10 years!
    Okay: It's not that bad, it's a likeable family story, but on the otherside a gratuitous film.
  38. Jan 31, 2013
    The third best animated film of all time.
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    A heartwarming and hilarious movie experience. This movie goes infinity and beyond
  40. Dec 20, 2012
    The only real flaw for this movie... Hmmm, are there not any flaws? Nope! This movie is a classic in my book. Marvelous, magical, and endearing...almost flawless!
  41. Dec 8, 2012
    This film is absolutely perfect! Perfect not only in the way it was the perfect ending to the Toy Story trilogy, but perfect as a film in general. Every second was so deep and meaningful beyond belief, it's means much more than just the animation. Brilliant!

One of the best film of 2010! Truly, this film is one the top films of the year right alongside The Social Network and The King's
    Speech. This film is pure gold!

Pixar's finest accomplishment!
  42. Feb 25, 2013
    Such a beautiful movie. We are know that the toys followed us when we were a child. This movies made toys come alive. This movies made us reminded when we were a child and how we felt when we loves toys
  43. Feb 5, 2013
    It closes the circle as one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time, for me at least. I was somewhat anxious how this would turn out but I should have trusted that Pixar is full of talented storytellers. It's hard to pick which movies in the series is my favorite but they are equally great.
  44. Oct 17, 2013
    Pixar with "Toy Story 3" had its grand zenith. Toy Story trilogy is so: "Toy Story" good, "Toy Story 2" better and "Toy Story 3" best. This film is one of best film ever.
  45. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of Pixars Overrated Movies.. When Noone Know's What Studio Ghibli Is...
    Even Though This Film Is Very Un-Original It's Still Charming..
  46. Aug 11, 2010
    Is it the best of the Toy Story franchise? I'm not sure, but it is certainly the funniest. 'Toy Story 3', along with the first two films, is a masterwork in storytelling.
  47. Aug 11, 2010
    One of the best films if not the best film I have ever seen. It's just a masterpiece from top to bottom. It's charming and humorous but at the same time very touching, and delivers some outstanding metaphorical and symbolic references (even one of the holocaust) that transfix and compel you throughout. This film blew me away and left me speechless and even teary eyed at just how epic it was. I know it sounds weird but it really is a film anyone, child or adult, can relate to and is symbolic of Disney in general and how it watches you grow up. So far for me the film of the year :) Expand
  48. Aug 11, 2010
    One of the best films of this year! It makes me happy, sad and warm all at the same time. This movie is not to be missed on the big screen. Watch watch watch watch watch this movie
  49. Dec 3, 2010
    Toy Story 3 is the best animated film ever made. It's better than Toy Story 1 & 2, and it's sure as hell better than any Dream Works film. The third film in the franchise is built for an unlimited audience; it knows no boundaries at all. These toys that we have known for YEARS continue to teach us what growing up is about, and how we should handle change in a mature way. Though the mature responses and decisions never detract from the movies fun and charm. Expand
  50. Oct 17, 2010
    Obviously a good movie. Those that gave it a score in the yellow or red are just hating because that's what they feel like doing. Every Pixar movie has been good, and the Toy Story Trilogy has been their best works. This one brought me back to when I was a kid and the first two came out, and freaks me out that it was so long ago. Thanks Disney and Pixar.
  51. Aug 13, 2010
    Toy story 3 has everything will love about the Toy story world plus some new fun good and evil characters. Toy story 3 is even more amazing, as it is slightly darker and give a real sense that these toys have feelings. Pixar has proven to us again that their animations can have be more moving and have realistic feelings than movies that have real people in them. Brilliant Job , I look forward to Monsters Inc 2.( Note: Monsters inc is my favourite Pixar movie. ) Expand
  52. Aug 13, 2010
    In 1995 I was eight years old when I first saw the first Toy Story and I loved it, in 1999 I was twelve years old when the second one came out and loved it as well. Damn it I'm twenty three years old and I freaking cried with Toy Story 3 it's one of the best movies of the year. Those folks at Pixar are really outdone themselves, move the hell out of the way How to Train a Dragon let Toy Story pick up its Oscar before schedule. The movie begins with the imagination of a young boy and we kind of see what the toys see when there playing with their kids. Then a homemade video of Andy when he was younger playing with the toys. The gang is scared because Andy hasn't played with them for a long time and to make matters worse he's going off to college. The toys are afraid to be thrown away. After a confusion the toys accidentally do get thrown away and feeling rejected they decide to donate themselves to a daycare ignoring Woody's protest. When they get there they get accepted with the toys and Lots-O the leader of the daycare makes them feel at home even though we feel something wrong. This movie proves that animation is growing and growing big. We need animation in every aspect of the genres. United States has categorized animation with children but can be use in every film. The Toy Story crews are true pioneers for this craft. The film looks outstanding much more improved then the first two. We get lot character models and facial expressions from toys and lot more human interactions as well. Everything is nicely animated from Andy's house to the daycare and other locations. There are times which I want just pick up these toys and freaking hug them. Everybody is nicely cast and including some new ones as well. The voice casting is downright excellent just like the first two. The plot is so well written with so many themes to teach. It teaches us about our loss of our childhood and we lose are imagination as we get older. The acceptance of being adult, it teaches about overcoming greed and being a family no matter what the circumstances are. Lastly with all the movies that are ending with obligatory action sequences and slapstick. Toy Story has one of the most beautiful endings ever. This movie reminded me so much of my childhood and sometimes I miss it. The film has the best ending of a trilogy since I saw the Lord of The Rings ending. I miss when cinema was like this a strong plot, strong performances. The film industry needs this kind of cinema. Go watch Toy Story 3 and be amazed. Expand
  53. Aug 13, 2010
    I watched this movie last weekend, liked it but was really disappointed in the 3D portion. It was basically pointless for the movie to be in 3D because there wasn't many scenes that were 3D. Nothing popping out at you, nothing really exciting. It just looked like the usual Toy Story movie. I felt that having it in 3D was a waist. It looked like it was in HD. It had a clear picture, animation was good, but It needed more "3D" scenes, more eye popping stuff. I was not wow'd Expand
  54. Aug 14, 2010
    A classic kid's movie that adults will enjoy a whole lot as well. My 3 1/2 year old daughter loved it, we both thought it was well done. An excellent ending to the franchise.
  55. Dec 24, 2010
    'Toy Story' has not relinquished its hold on emotion satisfaction, stunning visuals, and comedic validity, however this closing chapter seems to focus more on being funny than being compelling.
  56. Oct 6, 2010
    This really is a great movie. I loved every minute of it. It's funny yet touching at the same time. The characters in this film really make you feel in touch with your inner child. I can't recommend this movie enough it really is something special. I now truly believe that the toy story trilogy is the best animated trilogy ever(so far and prbably for a LONG WHILE). This movie is also probably the best pixar movie too as well as one of the best disney movies ever. Expand
  57. Feb 19, 2011
    Extremely satisfying ending to an incredible trilogy. Quite possibly the best movie of 2010.
  58. Lyn
    Jan 8, 2011
    I found myself wondering who this movie was actually made for. Judging by the reviews, I suspect it's for aging baby boomer critics who are nostalgic over their own kids' childhoods. Some scenes seemed kind of tense and scary for little kids . . . but as I imagined taking my own children to this when they were in elementary school, I doubted whether the whole "going off to college" theme would have intrigued them. Enchanting visuals, of course. But though I had the obligatory tear in my eye at the end, this was nowhere near as moving as last year's "Up." Expand
  59. Aug 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not amused so much. A film for kids more than for parents but in connection a good film. Thought that there will be much more story around the carackters. Expand
  60. Jan 21, 2011
    Thois movie is clearly appealing to people who have grown up watching Toy Story and are now adults or on the verge of adulthood mentally. It wont be as appealing to the kids i can guarantee you but it had human emotions and human nature in those toys.
  61. Aug 29, 2010
    There's not really much to say, the movie of the year!!! Although the only criticism I can give is that it won't relate to those 13 and below, unlike the previous two it doesn't have the wholesome appeal that everyone can enjoy. In this film though the pain that these bunch of toys felt brings me to tears and adults snifle, but kids will only laugh since they don't understand the concept of losing a toy, they don't know how to feel, they might understand in the future but for now, it's just an adult animation that sadly only be appeal for those 13 and above. Expand
  62. Aug 29, 2010
    This was one of the most moving movies I have ever seen, it trumps its predecessors. The Toy Story charm is all there, and greatly improved. The animation is spectacular, one of the best I've seen. The dream of talking toys is still alive and well.
    I couldn't help but feel a bit sad and nostalgic that Andy was grown up and that most of the toys had been sold or given away.
    It was nice to
    see at the end that they were not thrown away, that they found a new home. Expand
  63. Nov 1, 2010
    I was never a fan of the first 2 as a kid, but i was able to get connected. At the end, i shed a tear, which is kinda hard to do considering i wasnt a fan before hand. Good Job Pixar!
  64. Sep 7, 2010
    I'm a big fan since the first success, when Woody must regain the trust of his friends and save Buzz Light year of the "evil child" Sid. The second movie reminded me great moments of the first one and I enjoyed their new adventures they had, now in the streets and how important it is to work as a team.
    I must say that the third part was a great job and a definitive victory to Pixar, the
    graphics and the script were very interesting, and they showed us why is Woody the leader of the other toys.

But no film can have a full 10 (I'd love to, but I must be honest), this time we were introduced to an uncommon villain, unlike the 2nd part, this pink Bear was the classic foe wrapped with other movies cliche, where the protagonists must engage in a new "world" and defeat the bad toys. Could have been better.
    Overall, they rescued the good humor, nostalgia and virtues on each character. This time, Woody was the action toy, unlike the first two movies in that Buzz Light Yogurt takes all.
  65. May 31, 2011
    Creativa y conmovedora , aun sin tener las agallas de ser una obra maestra , una pelicula de muchas dimensiones , y llena de pasion en su desarollo , es fantastica y divertida un gran fin para esta trilogia .
  66. Sep 1, 2010
    Every bit as polished and witty as any Pixar movie to date, this is family cinema at its best. By the end I was moved to tears. A truly remarkable animated film.
  67. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sequels, they are numerous and frequent. Most of the time the producers are trying to take advantage of the success of its highly grossed predecessor. This is not the case with Pixar. These guys have a philosophy that they do not make sequels unless they think they can tell a good story. Being a huge- Pixar fan I trusted them and went to go see Toy Story 3 expecting nothing but the best. After watching the film all I can say is that this is one sequel that you shouldnâ Expand
  68. Sep 8, 2010
    This is Pixar's successful movie for Disney times. We hope Pixar would make excellent movies like this. Also this movie has a great plot for the audiences around the world.
  69. Sep 20, 2010
    Pretty much completes your childhood if you watched both Toy Stories. The darkest and saddest of the Toy Stories. Heart-wrenching yet exciting and exhilarating.
  70. Sep 11, 2010
    I'd first off like to say that this movie's targeted audience is teenagers but it can also be enjoyed by all other age groups - small kids and adults. I myself am 17 years old, in a similar situation as Andy - getting ready to move on to college. I grew up with the series so I can say that I have grown very attached to all of the characters that return in Toy Story 3. To keep this short, I'll just say that I can't recommend this movie enough to everyone (especially teens who grew up with the series) and the ending was a tear jerker if I've ever seen one before. Outstanding, Pixar. Expand
  71. Sep 15, 2010
    Why yes, it really is that good.

Animation, voice acting, story, characters, pacing, emotion, 3D- yup, all perfect. By the end of the movie, you WILL care about every character in the movie. Someone in your movie-viewing group will probably cry at some point. So if you STILL haven't seen this masterpiece of animation, you really should while it's still in theaters. The only negative is
    that it might not make you chuckle as much as the previous installment, but that's not really what this movie is about. I hate to parrot EVERYONE IN THE WORLD, but this movie deserves its acclaim. Expand
  72. Sep 16, 2010
    I have always been a fan of Pixar ever since the first Toy Story came out and revolutionize cinema as we know it. The sequel proved that number 2 can as magical and entertaining as the first one while staying true to what made it so great unlike other film franchises. Toy Story 3 is as great as the first two and proves that a third entry could work as well. Whats makes Toy Story 3 so great is the film itself. While watching it, not for one second did the thought of it being bad ever occured to me. While at the same time it grabed my full attention unlike any other film I had ever seen. I had a blast watching as it knows when to blend the right sense of humor in excellent timing and when to go dramatic to appropriately add a good sense of emotion for each character. It`s cast of voice actors are believable and goes perfectly into every character. Even I though didn`t see it in 3-D, from what I heard is that the audiences had a blast. So go out and see this masterpiece that will take you to your inner childhood where the imagination and joy should put a smile on anyone watching it. Expand
  73. Oct 9, 2010
    "Pixar has done it again , making another pitch - perfect move, it was heart wrenching seeing the old toys back on the screen. I Loved every second , and brought back unforgettable memories. AMAZING movie. and bring the tissues , The toys are BACK! this is the BEST film of the year!" ..A+
  74. dgr
    Sep 26, 2010
    This film deserves Best Picture - It's The Best Pixar Film and It's ending touches the heart -Fantastic , Unmissable - Great Voices - Funny Script - This Film Is PERFECT!!!!!!!
  75. Aug 19, 2012
    Everything from the exciting opening sequence to the rather poignant ending works so perfectly. There are some great moments, like when Ken met Barbie for the first time, Mr. Potato Head as a tortilla and Buzz Lightyear in Spanish mode has to be seen to be believed! I really enjoyed this film and really engaged with the characters I know so well for the previous two films and found myself quite choked at the end. All three films have been tremendous and I really hope they don Expand
  76. Sep 28, 2010
    Aside from the occasional mishap such as Cars, Pixar is one of those companies that is downright consistent. Toy Story 3 follows the tradition of Up and Ratatoullie, in which an animated film is capable of tugging at the audience's emotions with its unbelievably imaginative stories. Toy Story 3 delivers with its original voice cast and the characters children growing up in the 90s have grown to love. Even though the 3D animated genre has been used to almost near death, Toy Story 3 strays away from the mediocrity because it creates an experience that does not solely isolate the entertainment of young children. The significant flaw that comes to mind with the film is that it does not feel as fresh as its predecessors. Yes, I do acknowledge it is a sequel, but it feels as if we have already been exposed to this world many times before. Expand
  77. Oct 5, 2010
    'Toy Story 3' has wiped the smirks off the faces of all the doubters who believed that by making a third installment Pixar were crushing their invincible streak of critics successes. They have, once again, reminded us why they wear the crown in the world of animation, providing us with a thrilling, emotional and hilarious film that ticks all the boxes in providing us with the ultimate family film. Ten years was a long wait, but this movie makes it every bit worth it. Well done Pixar! Expand
  78. Oct 8, 2010
    This movie is the family film of summer 2010, I loved it I really loved it!!!
    It's so sad that this is the final movie of the series. Right amount of humor
    Right amount of fun
    Right amount of everything!
  79. Oct 9, 2010
    I do not know how they could have made this a better movie. I only give it a 9/10 simply because a little bit of the originality is missing due to the fact that it is the 3rd installment. Another finely crafted Pixar movie. Does anyone make movies as well as this organization? They are a classic movie factory.
  80. Oct 12, 2010
    Maybe my favorite film of the franchise (still have to respect the ground-breaking nature of the first and the storytelling of the second). It is exciting, funny, heartfelt, and everything that we have come to expect from Pixar. Loved the new character, Lots O' Huggin' Bear too.
  81. Jan 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We've been waiting over 10 years for this film, and you know what? It was worth it Toy Story 3 delivers a heartwrenching, warm, lovely tale that only Pixar can excel in. This time around, Andy's off to college and he's done playing with his toys. After an accident, the toys get donated to Sunnyside Day Care centre, which turns out to be anything but sunny. (its always the misleading, lovely sounding names) We get loads of new characters, Peas in a Pod, Ken and my favourite, Mr Pricklypants. They all blend perfectly into the story, and we get the villian of the piece: Lotso Huggins bear. He isn't a generic villian, you see his plight through flashback, and genuinly feel sorry for the villian. We've also lost a number of characters. Woodys girlfriend, Bo Peep, Wheezy and the lovable RC. Its sad to not see them, but thank heavens we still have the likes of Ham, Mr Potato head and the lovely aliens. Theres a lot of wonderful moments, like the opening play scene with evil Dr Porkchop, and the ending scene as the toys are in their new home with new friends. Theres also a sweet moment, as the toys are about to be burnt, and just accept it, holding hands. But another wonderful moment occurs, as the aliens save the toys with "The Claw" The thing with Toy Story 3 is you've been with these characters since the beginning, since the first Toy Story. We've loved them through their adventures against evil neighbour Sid and villianous Prospector. We've seen them play happily with Andy as he grew up, and now that he's grown up, you really feel for these characters as Andy no longer plays with them like the old days. All in all, Pixar have achieved the impossible: a trilogy in which the quality never dips beyond amazing. And a perfect way to make grown men cry Expand
  82. Nov 28, 2010
    Disney obviously had nothing to do with this film. Ever since Walt Disney died the Disney channel has become the Pedophile network, and they have not produced a single thing of any real value. They shouldn't be able to put there logo on this one. They may have produced this movie, but Pixar pretty much owns Disney now, so I don't see the point. Anyway, this was a prefect family film, must be watched with children though, otherwise its just not the same movie.Thank you Pixar for creating a perfect ending to a great family franchise. You have once again shown your class, and skill. Expand
  83. Jan 18, 2011
    Toy Story 3 edges out "How to Train Your Dragon" for best animated movie of the year. It's my favorite Pixar film since "Ratatouille". You would think some staleness would start to set in since this is the third Toy Story, but not so. Not only is Pixar the best at writing original scripts for animation, they are the best at getting great performances from the voice actors. These characters have real personalities. The dialogue is realistic, the pace frantic. LOVE the mean cymbal playing monkey! That was the biggest laugh I've had at the movies in awhile. The ending was perfect. Expand
  84. Oct 23, 2010
    Watching the film I felt sentimental and enjoyed seeing the characters back on the screen, but as I left the theatre I felt unsatisfied that what I'd seen was a true Toy Story picture. For me, it just felt quite rushed and haphazard.
  85. Nov 2, 2010
    I have never been a really big fan of Pixar's animated movies. It has never been the quality or the writing; it just has to do mostly with the subject matter or the overly cartoony look of it all. It just doesn't appeal to me. Toy Story was an excellent movie, while 2 could be considered a bit less accomplished, and usually it just gets worse from there. Luckily the people at Pixar have a high stamp of quality in pretty much all their products, and not just from a visual point of view. Toy Story 3 is an amazing movie that takes you back to a time when everything was new and you could swear that your toys were alive. The movie could have been anything but good. It could have been an easy cash grab for Pixar; they could have done it for the money. Instead they decided to end (?) their series in rare form these days: on an incredibly high note. The story tackles some very serious issues in regards to growing up and moving on with life, and gave me many flashbacks of how I felt as a child. It's a very special thing to find something that moves you like this, much less from a bunch of animated polygons, but Toy Story 3 (and pretty much all the Pixar movies) are some of the very best at conveying the emotion needed to portray their characters as real beings with complex emotions and motivations. The voice acting, with Hanks, Allen, and the rest of the cast (most of them) return as if no time has passed, sliding into their roles effortlessly. It's a very satisfying thing after all this time to hear Woody's voice again; I didn't realize just how much I had missed it. I don't think there was much that I didn't like about this one, although some children may have some issues with the darker parts of the movie, which I actually applaud Pixar for delving into, it's nothing a nice parent to child dialogue can't work out. All in all this is a great way to end a series (if it is at an end, and I hope this is the case), as a class act like this can teach other potentials just how the final movie should be. Expand
  86. Nov 4, 2010
    On November 2, Walt Disney and Pixar released Toy Story 3 on Blu-Ray, DVD and iTunes. Also available in a combo pack with both a two disc Blu-Ray release, DVD copy and an iTunes download of the movie. The currently highest grossing animated feature of 2010 is now out for inclusion in your film library. Toy Story 3 is the last chapter in the trilogy that is the story of Woody the Cowboy and Buzz Lightyear the Space Ranger. In this last chapter we find out that Andy is on his way to college, and his mom wants him to clean out his room, and either throw out his toys, sell them, or bring them with him to college. Through an unfortunate chain of events, the toys almost get thrown out but end up being donated to a local day care center that is run by a strawberry-scented bear named Lotso. Other reviews have discussed the finer details of this movie, so I wonâ Expand
  87. Nov 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good movie, but same expected ending, and whole new story. Besides, Despicable Me blew this out of the dust. It's a good movie overall, but remember repetitive stories and better movies. Expand
  88. Dec 24, 2010
    Great film. Never manages to fail expectations its a perfect strory to life and what us humans feel within our emotions. Pixar have created a masterlass, when Buzz, Woody etc are all falling to their mercy in what most of us thought would be them burnt to ashes. Making us humans express that much emotion in a few toys show this great bond between us and the characters that only happens through three great journeys!, I was expecting this to be worse, but turns out it just keeps getting better :) Expand
  89. Nov 26, 2010
    LOVE THIS MOVIE! It had that touching as well as funny feel to it. This film was probably the best of the three. Spanish buzz was hilarious to me! Those dances made me crack up!
  90. Dec 20, 2010
    With both of its predecessors receiving a 100% positive feedbacks on RottenTomatoes.com, Toy Story 3 is expected to reach the high standards. And it absolutely does. Toy Story 3 follows the 11 year absent of the two previous films and off the Andy going to college. The toys including Woody and Buzz Lightyear are being donated to a daycare center. The toys were ecstatic about it until they found out that the kids there are disgusting and there is a huge evil bear with a one-eyed baby doll guarding them. Adding adventure to the already interesting plot, Woody and the gang decided to humorously escape the center with great style. Director Lee Unkrich, who is not new at all to the Pixar directing department, he's been responsible for Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., and co-director of Toy Story 2. So picking him for the job is not a bad idea. He brought something completely new to the table and turned the story around with twists and thrills. Lee Unkrich had done a decent job of directing this beloved film which had both adults and kids crying their hearts out. From the beginning where Andy's home videos are being played to the end where Andy was saying his final good-byes to the toys, Toy Story 3 is a must-see for all ages and it touched all of our hearts one way or the other. OscarBuzz: Best Picture (locked for a nomination), Best Animated Feature (locked for the Oscar) Expand
  91. Dec 13, 2010
    The Toys are back in town! (Yea, I said it). "Toy Story 3" may just be the best installment in the Toy Story series (and the word on the street is Pixar may be making a forth). Pixar hasn't let me down yet on staying true to what matter most, the story. And somehow Pixar keeps raising the bar on 3D animation making it seem like they are untouchable. "Toy Story 3's" visuals and animation put the first "Toy Story" to shame. It is like comparing VHS to Blu-Ray.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  92. Dec 5, 2010
    Oh my. This is so far the only sequel that is as good as the original. -- I told myself repeatedly upon seeing the previews that this wasn't going to be a very good film, that it was mainly an attempt to make more money off what was a wonderful original, with some rather crude child-humour (judging by the commercials). I agreed to go see it anyway, for whatever reason, and by the end of it, I was crying. It was a wonderful ending to an awesome series of films. -- There was nothing super-epic that changed my paradigm or anything, but certainly enough to live up to the other two. I'm extremely happy to have been proven wrong, and will hold my breath hoping we won't see a fourth any time soon. Expand
  93. Dec 6, 2010
    I grew up loving Toy Story and I would have never imagined that it would follow me into my adult life. We went on opening day at midnight and it was us and a ton of rowdy teenagers. It was so funny how the movie shut everyone up and brought us all together. Everyone was cheering, laughing, and crying at all the same parts. I swear this movie takes down everyone into tears whether they admit it or not. a week later I took my little cousins to see this movie and they had all the same reactions. this movie takes all the themes form the last two movies and brings them out into such a high emotional level that everyone young or old can love it. It's a blast to watch just for fun too. Toy Story is a kids movie series for every generation to infinity and beyond Expand
  94. Dec 11, 2010
    Rounding out the perfect trilogy - narrowly beating 'The Lord of the Rings'.' This film should definately be nominated for best picture, if not win. Instant Classic. Best pixar movie, after Wall-E
  95. Jan 29, 2011
    I admit I was sceptical, but this movie really surprised me, and it really is an example to what "U" rated movies should be: Exciting, Hilarious but clean, well-paced and also very touching. It had a quite a few sad bits in it, but I kind of like that as it gives a sense of maturity without requiring a "16" rating(Haha!). The balance of humour and emotion come together to make a fantastic end to a fantastic trilogy, and I'm crying as it waves goodbye to us. The characters are witty and well played, especially the take on a pink bear being a "mafia" leader while at the same time his backstory making you feel sorry for him despite all his evils. And they even managed to put in TWO love stories while not making it seem overly soppy, even making them very funny at times. In short, WATCH. THIS. MOVIE. ...why are you still reading this? I told you to watch this movie! GO! Expand
  96. Jul 2, 2011
    Pixar amongst being an amazing team of producers, directors and animators manages to bypass the stereotype that sequels are never a good as their predecessors. This is evident in Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 and will be in all the sequels Pixar will ever make. Pixar easily outstrips its competitors and even Disney its self with it's amazing ability to produce entirely original films. Toy Story 3 is fine example of this and gives every quality of a truly good film: perfectly selected music, quirky and life-like characters, flawless and skillful animation, a clever script and of course pure originality. Previously life-less toys become a part of you, full of genuine emotion and humor and realistic enough to jump right out of the screen and into your life. Join Pixar in Toy Stories final chapter and embark on a journey that will make you laugh and cry till you can no more. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2010
    Pleasant enough but not fresh like we have come to expect from Pixar. Maybe it has simply been too many years between movies, but I really feel it was lacking originality and energy.
  98. Feb 8, 2011
    Toy Story 3 may have taken a while to get here but it was worth every second of the wait, the toys are back and more enjoyable than ever, the story is an emotionally moving masterpiece, it will have you laughing, crying, and sitting on the edge of your seat from beginning to end, my only complaint is one joke that really should not have been in a kids movie and i should subtract a point for that, but it's just such an excellent movie that it really doesn't effect the fact that this movie is deserving of a perfect 10, this is one of the greatest movies ever don't miss it. Expand
  99. Feb 9, 2014
    Toy Story 3 ends the Pixar animated trilogy on a high note. The story is tight, the jokes are funny and the climax leaves not a dry eye in the house. For me, this is undoubtedly the best in the series and one of the best Pixar films to date.
  100. Jan 5, 2011
    Amazing! It's the word that comes to mind, not just for the movie itself, but for the brilliant work Disney did in taking an already immediate classic, collecting its treasures, and then expanding upon them in ways unimaginable in a launching of their third film: "Toy Story 3." The plot feels fresh and keen, usually uncharacteristic of a continuation. There are no signs of unfunny, moronic, paltry humor and adages but rather laughs brought on by the conduction of its characters. The way the film conveys human emotion is done so fluently that you can't help but draw a tear when the characters do. Many times in modern animated cinema, characters seem aloof and disconnected from the live voice they are given. This is what sets "Toy Story 3" apart from those doll-faced, skin-deep wastes of filmic expression. The depth of each character is such a marvel to watch, that if too consumed, the viewer can neglect such extraordinarily fine and often surreptitious detail displayed in the same scene. The "movie of all ages" feature is also topnotch as the kids can comprehend the outward action as the adults can take in the deep, subliminal thematic situations and humor. After viewing "Toy Story 3" you come to the realization that life, like a playroom, is a place where we interact, learn, fail, succeed, are sad, happy, and then are used up. Like Woody, Buzz, and the gang, we all fear the day where we will be replaced or "thrown in the trash bag." This is just one of the many conceptual and mundane themes that people relate to from "Toy Story 3," Absolute treat for anyone! 5/5 stars. Expand

1. Though uneven and less witty than the first two, Toy Story 3 delivers quite enough in two dimensions.
  2. It’s the first Pixar effort that feels less like a creative outpouring and more like an obligation met to satisfy a distribution schedule.
    A worthy and delirious final chapter to this hallowed animation franchise.