5.4

1. JonD.
    Jul 1, 2009
    Just read the comments of those who gave it a 10. "The girls were hot." "Robots blew stuff up." "There were lots of awesome swear words." "The mom ate pot brownies." "The chihuahua was humping a bigger dog (twice)." If those things sound like something you would be interested in, keep in mind, those were the HIGH points of the movien, then by all means, go for it. I actually liked the Just read the comments of those who gave it a 10. "The girls were hot." "Robots blew stuff up." "There were lots of awesome swear words." "The mom ate pot brownies." "The chihuahua was humping a bigger dog (twice)." If those things sound like something you would be interested in, keep in mind, those were the HIGH points of the movien, then by all means, go for it. I actually liked the first one and the action was actually quite good, but 0 to counteract all those artifical 10s. Expand
  2. JonH.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Somehow much worse then the first one. Somehow.
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    The other day I thought about watching this movie again and got a sour taste in my mouth that I had to wash away with garlic fries and soda. The sad part is that I've known people to pay and watch this movie at least 4 times IN THEATER.
  4. MichaelBay
    Jul 2, 2009
    If you can easily check your brain at the door (after counting out the price of the ticket, of course) then Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen is for you.
    Loads of special effects, some juvenile "humor" and not much else will undoubtedly entertain, unless you tend to want more than a series of explosions with no reason behind them.
  5. SeanF.
    Apr 6, 2010
    Awful. There is simply nothing to redeem this film. Where do I begin to describe how thoroughly unpleasant an experience it was to watch this movie! From the very beginning one of the biggest problems is Bays inability to keep the camera static for even a second. The worst example of this is in a scene early on in the movie in which Sam and Mikaela are stood talking to each other in a Awful. There is simply nothing to redeem this film. Where do I begin to describe how thoroughly unpleasant an experience it was to watch this movie! From the very beginning one of the biggest problems is Bays inability to keep the camera static for even a second. The worst example of this is in a scene early on in the movie in which Sam and Mikaela are stood talking to each other in a romantic embrace, this had potential to be a romantic and engaging moment in an otherwise emotionally barren film, however Bay has the camera doing 360 degree whirls all over the place, completely ruining the moment. This is also true for the fights between the robots, when metal meets metal it Expand
  6. JustusC
    Oct 19, 2009
    This movie was so bad that it made me enjoy the first one. I thought the first one was a bad movie. But now I can aprreciate the original for this turd of a movie.
  7. ChrisC
    Jun 25, 2009
    Final Review of Transformers. Overlong, under-plotted, no character development, and the fight scenes were shot badly. Predictable, not even a little bit fun. Only humor was racial stereotyped robots. That got old fast. And more plot holes than i could count. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. I loved the first one but this was one movie I considered walking out of.
  8. VicR.
    Jun 27, 2009
    Typical Michael Bay tripe. Went because my son wanted to see it on IMAX. Sorry I spent any money on it. No thought required, just excessive overly crafted CGI battle after battle. Loud, obnoxious, pointless. The acting was extremely poor, the story almost impossible to ascertain, the jokes were very tasteless and near racially offensive. As someone who grew up with Transformers during my Typical Michael Bay tripe. Went because my son wanted to see it on IMAX. Sorry I spent any money on it. No thought required, just excessive overly crafted CGI battle after battle. Loud, obnoxious, pointless. The acting was extremely poor, the story almost impossible to ascertain, the jokes were very tasteless and near racially offensive. As someone who grew up with Transformers during my youth, all I can say is Bay's interpretation of the franchise is a complete travesty. Is this the future of "blockbusters"? Films where you pay $10 to shut off your brain at the door and go "oo, pretty lights" for two and a half hours? If so, count me out. Expand
  9. JeffG
    Jun 30, 2009
    We paid for a movie but
  10. MaxB
    Oct 20, 2009
    I love robots blowing each other up. And Meagan Fox is a huge plus, but this movie is terrible. It really could not have been any worse. The beginning for slightly interesting, then the whole thing after about 45 minutes goes down hill. The last hour is mind numbingly boring.
  11. mikes
    Jun 25, 2009
    Worst movie of the summer. If you are expecting 150 minutes of special effects with no story or characters then you will not be disappointed. Not suitable for young kids as there is animal copulation, foul language and offensive racial stereotypes. For shame Mr Speilberg, you have lost the plot big time.
  12. BenA
    Jun 27, 2009
    There are some movies that get better after you watch it a 2nd time. Maybe you missed a crucial bit of info or didn't understand some scenes. Transformers 2 is not one of those movies. Because I have a child who missed our first sitting, I've been forced back in to see it again, and frankly, I feel like I've been robbed twice!!!
  13. VinnyM
    Jun 27, 2009
    All these 9-10 score reviews are probably the same 2 fanboy-losers in their moms basement (hey man! let's go online and keep posting how awesome this movie is!). Just go up the page a bit and look at the reviews. Read any review not written by a 17-year old boy whose testicles just dropped last week, and it is negative because this movie is just terrible. Just awful. If you like this All these 9-10 score reviews are probably the same 2 fanboy-losers in their moms basement (hey man! let's go online and keep posting how awesome this movie is!). Just go up the page a bit and look at the reviews. Read any review not written by a 17-year old boy whose testicles just dropped last week, and it is negative because this movie is just terrible. Just awful. If you like this movie, do the world a favor and hide somewhere please. And never speak. Expand
  14. BigfatTon
    Jun 28, 2009
    Quite possibly the worst movie I've seen in years. Racism and ingnorance about drugs aside, the cinematography and writing were terrible. And I actually enjoyed the first one.
  15. SergioJ
    Jun 28, 2009
    If there was a -10 rating I would give that to this movie. Fiasco of the century.
  16. helpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    Hey film studios lets take a ridiculously crappy actor... Say Shia LaBeuyfe That played in the worst channel that was ever on television... Say Disney. With the most ridiculous roles.... Say He plays a retard in a Disney channel movie and a poor comedy show as well... Wait its coming to me. And put him in everyone's action nostalgia movie. In which he just waters down all the good Hey film studios lets take a ridiculously crappy actor... Say Shia LaBeuyfe That played in the worst channel that was ever on television... Say Disney. With the most ridiculous roles.... Say He plays a retard in a Disney channel movie and a poor comedy show as well... Wait its coming to me. And put him in everyone's action nostalgia movie. In which he just waters down all the good qualities that this movie can have... Say Transformers. Also, lets make the movie without an interesting/engaging story, so that his role is, in fact, meaningless. Sounds like it will be a hit. Expand
  17. JayK
    Jul 24, 2009
    When my NINE year old nephew looked up at me and said "This movie is very baaaaad. When will it end?" You know this is a horrible movie.
  18. Sep 21, 2010
    Why is it that all these 2 1/2 hour long Michael Bay films feel like they're 4 or 5 hours long? It never ends with the and badly edited action scenes full of clunky-CGI , and the terrible humor, the incomprehensible plot, and the shallow characters both human and robot that I could never care much about. It goes on and on and on, and was overstaying it's welcome for me at about the hourWhy is it that all these 2 1/2 hour long Michael Bay films feel like they're 4 or 5 hours long? It never ends with the and badly edited action scenes full of clunky-CGI , and the terrible humor, the incomprehensible plot, and the shallow characters both human and robot that I could never care much about. It goes on and on and on, and was overstaying it's welcome for me at about the hour mark. There are few amusing moments, some sparks of a decent special effects scene, but for the most part it's just a bunch mindless dribble that serves no purpose I can think of, not even on the basic level of entertainment for anyone above the age of 14 or so. Expand
  19. Aug 25, 2011
    Frankly, how bad could it be? Critics rip it to shreds, calling dumb, loud, and stupid, but it's a movie about giant robots smashing each other, so what did you expect? I expect Michael Bay to acknowledge that humans traditionally have brains. That's the problem with Transformers 2. You can complain all you want about the racist robots, the lame dialogue, the annoying human characters, andFrankly, how bad could it be? Critics rip it to shreds, calling dumb, loud, and stupid, but it's a movie about giant robots smashing each other, so what did you expect? I expect Michael Bay to acknowledge that humans traditionally have brains. That's the problem with Transformers 2. You can complain all you want about the racist robots, the lame dialogue, the annoying human characters, and overstuffed action sequences, but it all comes down to one central problem. Yes, we all expected Transformers 2 to be loud, dumb, and stupid. The problem is that it is simply TOO loud, dumb, and stupid. It is loud, dumb, and stupid to the degree that it actually feels insulting as you watch it. The anger that possessed me during Transformers 2 was almost too much to bear. The idea that Michael Bay actually thinks we as a human race will tolerate something this stupid. Expand
  20. DaveB
    Jan 9, 2010
    This movie is as dumb as paint.
  21. VitorS.
    Oct 20, 2009
    This movie looks good, but that's the only achievement it gets. Everything else about it plainly sucks and it is hard to recommend this movie to anyone, even elder kids.
  22. SimonM.
    Jun 24, 2009
    The first was OK, the second put me to sleep. (literally, my lady friend said I was snoring :P )
  23. KevinH
    Jun 25, 2009
    Plenty of action for a summer movie, the two hour plus movie promises to fill your time with plenty of random explosions and mindless acting. My biggest problem with the movie is the overplayed humping jokes, references to the male genitiles, and language. I would not take a kid under 13 to this movie however plenty of parents brought their 5 and 6 year olds. It disturbing to hear a 4 Plenty of action for a summer movie, the two hour plus movie promises to fill your time with plenty of random explosions and mindless acting. My biggest problem with the movie is the overplayed humping jokes, references to the male genitiles, and language. I would not take a kid under 13 to this movie however plenty of parents brought their 5 and 6 year olds. It disturbing to hear a 4 year old kid laugh at robots calling each other and humans b**ch, using the word p*ssy, and s*it. If you don't care about what morales you kids learn from movies then this is for you. I'm sad because I don't remember the first one being so bad. Expand
  24. WilliamW.
    Jun 24, 2009
    Over two hours of non-stop mayhem, but in a bad way. Michael Bay clearly does not care one bit about story, character or good humour. His only concern is for shiny metal and skin, big bangs and SFX budgets through the roof. The man is a menace to modern cinema. Probably the most mind numbingly dumb film I have seen since Batman & Robin.
  25. JasonSmith
    Jun 30, 2009
    Too long and boring. Megan Fox is nice to look at, but that was about it. Trust the reviews and don't waste your money.
  26. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie sucks optimus prime's balls, and the storyline is crap. Who would in their right mind watch a long ass movie that only thing that made this movie alot of money is Megan Fox and great graphics.
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    Revenge of the Fallen is beyond stupid with some of the dumbest characters ever put on screen. Acting was pitiful. Story complete garbage, if there was even one, coupled with racism everywhere in the film. Nothing could be worst for Michael bay who has just added another terrible movie to his resume.
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    Another witless attempt at moviemaking from the always terrible Michael Bay. The first Transformers wasn't even that bad, at least not until the end, but this plotless recreation is a complete disaster. It could be the worst movie of the past twenty years.
  29. Jul 8, 2013
    This is an embarrassing script for all Transformer fans. The film looks good with its big budget, but by the end of this film you just don't care about anything.
  30. Sep 4, 2010
    This is, without exaggeration, the absolute worst movie I have seen in the last ten years. Not only because it's a million kinds of awful, but because of what it represents. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen symbolizes not just everything condescending, cynical, and soulless in Hollywood, it stands as a testament to sub-crustal standards and the triumph of a strong marketing campaignThis is, without exaggeration, the absolute worst movie I have seen in the last ten years. Not only because it's a million kinds of awful, but because of what it represents. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen symbolizes not just everything condescending, cynical, and soulless in Hollywood, it stands as a testament to sub-crustal standards and the triumph of a strong marketing campaign over effort, talent and vision. Batman and Robin has been dethroned. Expand
  31. MasteR.
    May 16, 2010
    Let me start off by saying I've enjoyed the first for what it was but most of this film made me literally angry, it was so fucking shit. The dialogue/ characters was disastrous, Uwe Boll looks like a genius next to this fucking moron and 90% of the time in the fighting scenes I couldn't even tell WHY there were explosions and it just seemed like a shit load of metal sounds. Let me start off by saying I've enjoyed the first for what it was but most of this film made me literally angry, it was so fucking shit. The dialogue/ characters was disastrous, Uwe Boll looks like a genius next to this fucking moron and 90% of the time in the fighting scenes I couldn't even tell WHY there were explosions and it just seemed like a shit load of metal sounds. It's also odd how the robots acted so much like humans in the way they fight/ act/ talk. I didn't pick up on that the first film but I did here, probably because there is much more dialogue scenes and so on which were NOT needed and yeah, just literally pissed me off over how dumb they were. Oh and when an old robot is re-activated he has a beard and a walking cane WHAT THE FUCK!? Fucking ridiculous movie that highlights everything wrong with American culture. The mom character especially. oh.my.fucking.god, she was so fucking terrible, I just wanted to stick a chainsaw in someone's eye. And no you can't say "lol just go in it and have some fun", that WAS my attitude before it started pissing me off with scene after scene of absurd idiocy. The humour pisses me off just thinking about it...When the dad slaps the mother's ass, the main douchebag guy says "hey watch it, this isn't a rap video"....Yeah...wow. And the way he says it adds to the annoyance. The effects were spectacular, I'd give it that. I loved when robots got sliced you could literally see very inch of metal, wires and whatever come apart and that was about all I've enjoyed along with some of the action scenes. And the overall story was kind of interesting if it was told better but it wasn't and unfortunately the great story that seemed to be in there just couldn't come out under such retarded direction which is a huge shame. 2/10. Expand
  32. RafaR
    Jul 1, 2009
    This is not a movie, this is a scene from a video game that ran a half hour too long. Beautiful visuals paired with the lowest common denominator of what is supposed to be a script.
  33. JesseT
    Oct 5, 2009
    This movie was pathetic. All it is, is the attempt to glorify the military power of the US, which are basically impotent to what ever battle the transformers are engaged in. I can't believe that the decepticons are so inaccurate with there weapons? and how Sam seems to outrun them every time and never the need for a sip of water? This movie doesn't deserve taking up HD space.
  34. RobD
    Jun 24, 2009
    One of the most worst sequels I've seen in a long time. See it and be bored out of your mind.
  35. Oct 9, 2010
    i hated this movie. absolutely terrible. wether its the absolutely terrible "humor" sequences, the obscured, boring fights, or the stereotyped robots, there isnt a single redeeming quality in this "blockbuster sequel" of a movie and deserves nothing but 0 as a movie, and as a form of an example of a terrible movie.
  36. Mar 5, 2011
    The original Transformers was a flawed movie, sure, but it was very fun with a decent script to make Transformers fit into the modern age of Blockbusters. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, however, is a mix of computer generated effects, pots and pans clashing together, and vomit. The movie is a mess, from a horrible script, to annoying characters, to mindless explosions and action.The original Transformers was a flawed movie, sure, but it was very fun with a decent script to make Transformers fit into the modern age of Blockbusters. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, however, is a mix of computer generated effects, pots and pans clashing together, and vomit. The movie is a mess, from a horrible script, to annoying characters, to mindless explosions and action. Revenge of the Fallen took what worked in the first movie, made those aspects not work as well, and for the aspects that didn't work, made them a thousand times worse! Expand
  37. Anon
    Jun 24, 2009
    The low point in a lackluster directing career. Transformers: rotf fails on almost... no every level imaginable. Poor acting (slow motion running + screaming random names), terrible design (transformer fights end up looking like scrap metal in a pile rolling), offensive and painful attempts at comedy (haha the hip hop autobots can't read and have gold teeth what a knee slapper.), and The low point in a lackluster directing career. Transformers: rotf fails on almost... no every level imaginable. Poor acting (slow motion running + screaming random names), terrible design (transformer fights end up looking like scrap metal in a pile rolling), offensive and painful attempts at comedy (haha the hip hop autobots can't read and have gold teeth what a knee slapper.), and a barely there plot all help this 2 hr 27 min dud sink to the bottom of the barrel. If you've seen the trailer you have seen more than enough. Expand
  38. Sep 3, 2010
    I can't remember the last time I desparately wanted to walk out of a movie. I felt cheated and insulted by this movie. It's offending to even think that they consider this entertainment, what-more, to charge a full ticket price of this garbage.
  39. KurtB
    Jun 25, 2009
    This movie from start to finish was the most god-awful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. We had some good action, but when it really came down to it, ROTF fell way short of it's predecessor. I'll break it down into plus and minuses. + More Transformers + More action sequences full of ridiculous explosions + Optimus Prime finally does something Now for the minuses. This movie from start to finish was the most god-awful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. We had some good action, but when it really came down to it, ROTF fell way short of it's predecessor. I'll break it down into plus and minuses. + More Transformers + More action sequences full of ridiculous explosions + Optimus Prime finally does something Now for the minuses. -Horribly racist transformers (the twins) -Worst love story in the history of movies -Dumb side-character who gets picked up and doesn't shut up the entire movie -Toilet humor... Really? Did we need more of that? -Certain transformers get way too much screen time -Sam screams "BUMBLEBEE!" and "OPTIMUS!" The entire movie -Worst plot devices ever used. -At one point Sam's hand gets magically bandaged and there's no explanation behind it. -Horrible Dialogue, and terrible story. As you can see, there are way too many minuses. I left A LOT out, but hey, don't take my word for it. I didn't buy any stock in what review after review had warned me about. I saw it, and this is one time I do agree with critics. If you want to have your mind numbed and your ear drums blown, then by all means this is the movie for you. If you can't sit through 2:40 minutes of nothing happening (except in the middle and end of the movie), and want something more, then skip this terrible excuse for anything resembling a movie. I'd rather watch Wolverine again. Expand
  40. Aug 20, 2010
    Michael Bay strikes again. Again and again and again and again.

For this review, I am only going to say four words: Noise. Confusion. Megan. Noise. That is all this movie is about. There is not much else to say. Transformers 1 was pretty decent for a horrible director but this is a piece of one big **** Nothing about this movie was good. Not even Megan Fox because she cannot act. Shia
    Michael Bay strikes again. Again and again and again and again.

That is all this movie is about. There is not much else to say. Transformers 1 was pretty decent for a horrible director but this is a piece of one big **** Nothing about this movie was good. Not even Megan Fox because she cannot act. Shia LeBeouf looks neurotic, the Transformers look like trash toys now, and the story sucks. Michael Bay, you have failed...for the umpteenth time.
  41. Aug 27, 2010
    I hated this movie! HATED,HATED,HATED,HATED,HATED THIS MOVIE! IT'S GODAWFUL! IT'S A CURSE,I MEAN IT IS SO SAINT IN HELL! Michael Bay destroy this movie and raping with lots of sexuality and some stereotypes in this horrible movie! HATED!!!
  42. Mar 30, 2011
    If you liked this movie, then what the **** is the matter with you? You must be a ****ing idiot to like this piece of **** I already ****ing hate you if you like it. **** Michael Bay, **** Shia Lebeouf, **** Megan Fox, **** Spielberg, just **** everybody that had anything to do with this **** Even a pizza guy. **** THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!
  43. Nov 5, 2010
    There are so many flaws with this movie i wanna put a knife through my chest. But ill kepp it short.

Its boring, not about transformers, and horribly acted and directed.

And finally the made SOUNDWAVe a SATELITE, that in its self is a sin.
  44. KeirB.
    Jul 26, 2009
    I'm being nice giving this a 2. Only because of the somewhat impressive Visual Effects. It's most likely the worst film on 2009. Anybody that would rate this film a 7 or higher is either a child or incredibly stupid.
  45. Feb 16, 2012
    Bad storyline. Decent to bad acting. Horrible storyline. Even the special effects (which really aren't that good) can't save this one.
  46. Sep 19, 2010
    An absolutely horrible film. Michael Bay should be ashamed that he isn't capable of toning down his over-the-top action, concentrating a LITTLE on the story and, when doing a film marketed to kids, leave out all of the sex, drug and racist material.
  47. CorneliusB
    Jan 3, 2010
    Horrible movie. Is shit. Rolling Stone is right. 0 out of 100.
  48. Mar 30, 2012
    The new Transformers, sorry for all the people that love this movie, but is the worst of Transformers. The special effects can be amazing, but no all be special effects. The soundtrack is good. The cast have some regular moments. The story is great. The screenplay terrible. But what is the problem? No be one, are two biggest problems. First, the development of the movie is same like theThe new Transformers, sorry for all the people that love this movie, but is the worst of Transformers. The special effects can be amazing, but no all be special effects. The soundtrack is good. The cast have some regular moments. The story is great. The screenplay terrible. But what is the problem? No be one, are two biggest problems. First, the development of the movie is same like the first, much explosions, and yeah autobots that say bad words. And the other is that the autobots don't be the most important, is Megan Fox!!, yes people, Michael Bay do this like Megan and the Transformers, because all the story is about the stupid relationship of Shia and Megan, and the Transforers?, no, no this movie is really bad. Expand
  49. margov.
    Jun 29, 2009
    Completely over the top and shamelessly marketed towards teenage boys.
  50. markj
    Jul 21, 2009
    Oh, lord. Just what the world needs. Yet another movie about robots fighting robots and decimating prime real estate in their scraps. I can't wait for "Rock-'Em-Sock-'Em Robots: The Motion Picture."
  51. kebrahak
    Jul 6, 2009
    There's so many things to complain, but i'll just go ahead with this one. Most of the decepticon are just duplicates. Watch closely and you noticed the robots that's got killed before keeps coming with just a different color, head or something. We're not dumb, Bay.
  52. AndyL
    Aug 10, 2009
    The worst movie of the 21st century.
  53. GavinW.
    Aug 18, 2009
    I missed the part where Sam revives Optimus with the shard he carries around with him the entire time. Thus cutting the entire plot of the film. Tell me again? why does he revive a strange Decepticon instead? Oh! great film making bay, I love the angles where the Autobots are in the shot as a car. And sit there saying and doing nothing while the humans determine their fate. Last I read I missed the part where Sam revives Optimus with the shard he carries around with him the entire time. Thus cutting the entire plot of the film. Tell me again? why does he revive a strange Decepticon instead? Oh! great film making bay, I love the angles where the Autobots are in the shot as a car. And sit there saying and doing nothing while the humans determine their fate. Last I read Autobots wern't P*ssy hippies trying to protect all living things. Expand
  54. LucyF
    Sep 4, 2009
    Michael Bay's tautological exhibition of the decade's best eye candy on the silver screen, also, Michael Bay shows his brilliant storytelling skills that keeps the audience soporific until the very end.
  55. caseyk.
    Jan 11, 2010
    Worst film I've ever seen, under-plotted, weird, the characters act completely stupid, especially skids and mudflap and wat too long.
  56. CaseyK.
    Jan 16, 2010
    The worst film I've ever seen!! i don't know why any would like this. it's stupid, under-plotted, the characters are retarded, way too much sexual references and way too long for a film like this!
  57. BingoBango
    Jan 5, 2010
    Horrendous nonsense. I feel like tearing my eyes from my face just thinking about this abomination.
  58. AlexG.
    Nov 1, 2009
    Michael Bay is the the worst director ever, this film is so awful that to find any redeeming qualities is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. No plot, racist stereotypes, inane and awful acting, fart jokes are about the most sophisticated humor you will find here. So if you like shutting off you're brain and watching robots fight and things blow up for 3 hours of you're Michael Bay is the the worst director ever, this film is so awful that to find any redeeming qualities is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. No plot, racist stereotypes, inane and awful acting, fart jokes are about the most sophisticated humor you will find here. So if you like shutting off you're brain and watching robots fight and things blow up for 3 hours of you're life, then watch this movie! Expand
  59. KatS.
    Oct 15, 2009
    Well, seing as I have neither the patience nor the time to really get into all of, well, everything, let's start from the good and move to the bad, shall we? GOOD: -Bay /actually/ included 'Bee, whom I adore with every possible inch of my innerself, and so scream every single time I see a Chevy Camaro in real life. -Whoa, they actually made a second movie. -I liked seeing all of Well, seing as I have neither the patience nor the time to really get into all of, well, everything, let's start from the good and move to the bad, shall we? GOOD: -Bay /actually/ included 'Bee, whom I adore with every possible inch of my innerself, and so scream every single time I see a Chevy Camaro in real life. -Whoa, they actually made a second movie. -I liked seeing all of the new characters, and contradictory to what everyone esle says, I didn't mind Skids and Mudflap that much. But perhaps that's just because fourteen year olds act like that most of the time. So that means most of the kids at my school do that as well. -I loved the action, although sometimes it began to be overbearing. BAD: -What the hell ever happened to the Secretary of Defense?! They made a big deal of all the government security efforts in the first movie, leading up to a sequel, then TOTALLY DROP ALL OF IT?! What?! -They made Obama look like a doofass. Wtf?! But, then again...they made Bush look like a doofass in the first movie, so I guess it makes up for it. -Four words: Not enough robot scenes. It was mostly humans. Um, Bay, last time I checked the movie was called "Transformers", not "Aw Look at Sam being socially awkward at college *angstemoangstangst* and Mikaela acting like a total slut! :D" Yeah. I just said that. -I was /actually/ looking forward to seeing 'Bee a lot in this movie...-obsession-...and I barely got to see him. What's up with that?! -Let me just quote someone from a review I read once, "Bay might as well have made a movie about Mikaela's bouncing tits, and it probably still would have sold just as well." ---Sums in up in one sentence. Mikaela, please, put your shirt back on and quit getting boob-jobs. -Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. I think I speak for the over ten million emetophobes out there when I say, "What the fuck is up with Sam randomly hurling in the library?!" Did that even have a real purpose besides make me reconsider my popcorn buying habits? What about those sympathetic vomiters? Do you think I /really/ wanna look over and see someone puking in the middle of the movie? Nuuu. -Why Bay? Why? I was actually happy for like, the three minutes that Sam was dead. And, hell, even though I love 'Bee, I LOVE that expression that came across his face as he dropped to his knees in sorrow and disbelief. Absolutley amazing. And so why is it that it's impossible to find that clip? I think that sums it up for now...so...thus my horrid rating. It wasn't worth going for all of the things Bay did to fuck it up, but it was worth going to satisfy my Transfomers fix that I'd been having for about three months prior to its release. Expand
  60. DaveH
    Dec 7, 2009
    I will agree with Peter Travers from RS, this movie is only robots, explosions and confusing battles, the only reason it became a box office hit it was because everyone wanted to see Megan Fox. After all, who the **** would see a movie about a toy line?
  61. maw
    Oct 31, 2009
    I didn't finish the movie, I walked out 1 hour into it knowing there's 1 and a half hours more of this garbage. If you're gonna make a bad movie make it short so the viewers might at least consider finishing it. I could have fallen asleep even with all the loud explosions because I was bored to death. You could edit out 1 hour of this movie and then make a sequel to "Not I didn't finish the movie, I walked out 1 hour into it knowing there's 1 and a half hours more of this garbage. If you're gonna make a bad movie make it short so the viewers might at least consider finishing it. I could have fallen asleep even with all the loud explosions because I was bored to death. You could edit out 1 hour of this movie and then make a sequel to "Not Another Teen Movie". Expand
  62. ArielG
    Oct 3, 2009
    I wasn't expecting much, but I still ended up being disappointed! I decided to give it a chance, thinking to myself "How bad can it be?". Boy, did I regret that decision. It was a terrible movie! Convoluted storyline, no real plot to speak of, overly loud, cheesy, cringe-worthy 'humour', bad acting, no character development. The story didn't even make sense. It's I wasn't expecting much, but I still ended up being disappointed! I decided to give it a chance, thinking to myself "How bad can it be?". Boy, did I regret that decision. It was a terrible movie! Convoluted storyline, no real plot to speak of, overly loud, cheesy, cringe-worthy 'humour', bad acting, no character development. The story didn't even make sense. It's like they created one big explosion sequence, then tried to build a story around that. The duration is too long and drawn out unnecessarily. The only saving grace was the special effects, which were okay. Expand
  63. James
    Jun 24, 2009
    Please oh God someone pass a law banning Bay from making any more movies!
  64. billH.
    Jun 24, 2009
    If you love huge action, great special effects, amazing stories, interesting characters, wonderful acting and clever humour...then go see something else. If you are of low intelligence and will watch any old drivel for two and half hours so long as it has some explosions and hot chicks then you will lap this up.
  65. Rob
    Jun 25, 2009
    Garbage -- please do not see this movie!! We need to stop encouraging Hollywood to put out mindless schlock such as this. Contrary to popular belief, a film CAN actually have REAL production values and be entertaining. The Dark Knight, while not the best movie ever, was still fairly coherent, it was well shot, had some good writing and acting, and was still a huge summer blockbuster and Garbage -- please do not see this movie!! We need to stop encouraging Hollywood to put out mindless schlock such as this. Contrary to popular belief, a film CAN actually have REAL production values and be entertaining. The Dark Knight, while not the best movie ever, was still fairly coherent, it was well shot, had some good writing and acting, and was still a huge summer blockbuster and was monstrously accessible. Transformers 2 is pure garbage, plain and simple. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Michael Bay ought to be working at a gas station if he is half as dumb as his movies let on. Please, go see something else this weekend. Go see Up, or Star Trek, or heck, just watch some paint dry, it will be more intellectually stimulating than this steaming turd. Expand
  66. johnD
    Jun 25, 2009
    My kids hated this movie. They looked excited while watching but I was just bored the whole time. No movie with that much cgi should be that long. After the movie was done we walked and they both hated. My daughter liked it a little better than my son but for the most part it was all a huge disappointment.
  67. Bren'sten
    Jun 25, 2009
    This was a horrible movie. And what was with the twin robots that cursed all the time because supposedly they were black so of course as a black robot you must curse and say bit** and sh** every five minutes. I think it was suppose to be funny but the movie sucked so much before that I was numb so I didn't get very mad when that came around. Definitely deserves a zero.
  68. JohnM.
    Jun 26, 2009
    The movie has moments of brilliance, however these are all but lost a in a mediocre and overly drawn-out plot, which is more heavily punctuated with juvenile 'humour', racial stereotypes, and lame attempts at action- even the biggest fight scenes were boring.
  69. RobbyT.
    Jun 26, 2009
    Before you dismiss me as another Michael Bay hater, please read what I have to say. Yes, the movie is bad. Really bad. Unless you're a 10-year-old boy, you seriously are going to want to skip this one. And that's a hard thing for me to say considering I saw the first one and found it pretty entertaining. I mean it's at least worth seeing for the cool special effects and Before you dismiss me as another Michael Bay hater, please read what I have to say. Yes, the movie is bad. Really bad. Unless you're a 10-year-old boy, you seriously are going to want to skip this one. And that's a hard thing for me to say considering I saw the first one and found it pretty entertaining. I mean it's at least worth seeing for the cool special effects and Megan Fox, right? Wrong. Listen to me: I paid to see Armageddon and Pearl Harbor when they were in theaters. I own copies of The Island and The Rock. I walked out of Revenge of the Fallen after 2 hours. I'd ask for my money back if I thought there was a chance I'd get it. Speilberg produced this crap? Come on, Steve! Did you read the script or did you get a tax write off for hiring the mentally challenged?! Absolute garbage. Peter Travers just scored some big points with me for telling it like it is. TV Guide, whatever the studio paid you, it isn't worth it. Bottom line: the movie is crap. Expand
  70. LouieT.
    Jun 26, 2009
    As a huge major hollywood director, Michael Bay seriously looses touch with this movie. More so than the first transformers movie, it really lacks intelligence. Does the man even know what suspense is? It barely has a begining middle and end, which is torturous to say as this movie clocks over two hours. It was excruciatingly painful too watch, even with the added 10mins of slow motion megan fox!
  71. CynthiaB.
    Jun 27, 2009
    This was just one long transformer fight and after 2.5 hours, it got boring and tiring. The story line was stupid and so was much of the acting, especially Sam's mom. UGH.
  72. DanielS
    Jun 27, 2009
    The only reason why someone would think that this movie is good, is if they had watch it once and was in shock Once you watch it more than once, the special effects don't seem that good, and then you realize how bad the story is. Overall, this movie is decent if you watch it once Anymore than that and you are just going to be bored and hate the movie. And to the other people who are The only reason why someone would think that this movie is good, is if they had watch it once and was in shock Once you watch it more than once, the special effects don't seem that good, and then you realize how bad the story is. Overall, this movie is decent if you watch it once Anymore than that and you are just going to be bored and hate the movie. And to the other people who are not critics but think they deserve to post on a critic site, should learn something about good movies (Godfather etc) before judging something they barely know anything about. Expand
  73. ChuckW
    Jun 27, 2009
    I wish there was a minus zero selection on this thing. The worst picture ever from the worst Director/Human Being ever.
  74. ChrisL
    Jun 28, 2009
    Dirty Jokes and Explosions. That's all this movie is. There aren't 5 minutes of story that makes any sense in this movie. THE GOOD: Megan Fox runs in slow motion. I don't know what her character's name is though. She's just Megan Fox running in slow motion. Why is she in the movie? So she can run in slow motion. There's a good fight between Optimus and 3 Dirty Jokes and Explosions. That's all this movie is. There aren't 5 minutes of story that makes any sense in this movie. THE GOOD: Megan Fox runs in slow motion. I don't know what her character's name is though. She's just Megan Fox running in slow motion. Why is she in the movie? So she can run in slow motion. There's a good fight between Optimus and 3 Decepticons in a forest. THE BAD: The story makes no sense whatsoever. The action is so convoluted, you can't tell who is who and there are just a bunch of explosions. The jokes are recycled, racist, sex or drug related, and too adult for kids. The first 45 minutes of the movie are mildly entertaining, then takes a 90 minute break and becomes utter crap. The final transformer battle is about 20 seconds. It's one of the worst movies that I've seen. I'd give the first Transformer Movie a 7. This one, a 2. Expand
  75. RyanJ.
    Jun 28, 2009
    Micheal Bay should be shot. I just got back from seeing this with my best friend, and cannot properly express in words how bad it is. It was long as hell, and about 2 hours of the 2 and a half was just padding. There are far too many comic relief characters that serve absolutely no other purpose, multiple plot holes, not to mention the smallest and most drawn-out plot ever concieved by Micheal Bay should be shot. I just got back from seeing this with my best friend, and cannot properly express in words how bad it is. It was long as hell, and about 2 hours of the 2 and a half was just padding. There are far too many comic relief characters that serve absolutely no other purpose, multiple plot holes, not to mention the smallest and most drawn-out plot ever concieved by anyone. The ending seemed thrown together in minutes, tying up loose ends at the last second. Do something better with your time. Worst movie I have ever seen. Expand
  76. JakeG.
    Jun 28, 2009
    This movie was horrible. Most of the things that happened in it contributed absolutely nothing to the plot. The plot being, bad guys want something, good guys have it, good guys win. The jokes were all not funny. Generally consisting of something humping something else or something said in a black stereotype. It was excessively long and for the first hour almost nothing happened. Sam went This movie was horrible. Most of the things that happened in it contributed absolutely nothing to the plot. The plot being, bad guys want something, good guys have it, good guys win. The jokes were all not funny. Generally consisting of something humping something else or something said in a black stereotype. It was excessively long and for the first hour almost nothing happened. Sam went to college for a day, only so the movie could add another comic relief, of which there were already too many. I'll give the movie the fact it probably has some of the best SFX to date, but that's all it has. People that enjoyed this movie are racially insensitive, mindless fools who think a movie is amazing because of ridiculous amounts of fighting robot scenes. Expand
  77. DonB.
    Jun 28, 2009
    I walked out after the first 45 minutes. i enjoyed the first movie but found this movie laced with racist and sexist stereotypes. The movie has no heart. If you like movies that require very little regarding the thought process, well this would be your type of film. However if you want something that shows more than dogs humping, racist comments and slang and certain groups of people I walked out after the first 45 minutes. i enjoyed the first movie but found this movie laced with racist and sexist stereotypes. The movie has no heart. If you like movies that require very little regarding the thought process, well this would be your type of film. However if you want something that shows more than dogs humping, racist comments and slang and certain groups of people reduced to negative ideals that exist in the minds of idiots, well this is your movie. Overall, good special effects but a really bad movie. Expand
  78. NathanK
    Jun 29, 2009
    If you want a film with large plot holes, lack of any emotional attachment to characters, and 2 and a half hours of mind numbing colors and explosions, then this is the film for you. Sure the CGI was amazing, but that doesn't cut it unless you're a 12 year old fan boy. A waste of my money, and more importantly a waste of my time.
  79. JeremyP.
    Jun 29, 2009
    Without any doubt this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I give it this accolade because never before in the history of moving pictures has so much money been thrown at a production and so little of merit achieved. The humour is infantile in the extreme, repetitive gags that fall flat, foul language, offensive racial stereotypes, pointless sexual imagery that adds nothing, a completely Without any doubt this is the worst movie I have ever seen. I give it this accolade because never before in the history of moving pictures has so much money been thrown at a production and so little of merit achieved. The humour is infantile in the extreme, repetitive gags that fall flat, foul language, offensive racial stereotypes, pointless sexual imagery that adds nothing, a completely nonsensical plot and so called action scenes that are badly staged, too reliant on flashy CGI and completely without emotional impact. The critics are right, and remember that these people are judging this based on their experiences watching hundreds of other movies. Transformers ROTF simply isn Expand
  80. JoeSmith
    Jul 1, 2009
    I was laughing all through the movie, but not at what Bay was hoping I would laugh at. This movie was a poorly planned, poorly designed, poorly executed mess. One would expect more character development in the second movie, but they were all more stereotypical and cliche than the first movie (read: "blackface" robots). Further, Bay blatantly ripped off sci-fi classics rather than comeI was laughing all through the movie, but not at what Bay was hoping I would laugh at. This movie was a poorly planned, poorly designed, poorly executed mess. One would expect more character development in the second movie, but they were all more stereotypical and cliche than the first movie (read: "blackface" robots). Further, Bay blatantly ripped off sci-fi classics rather than come up with his own ideas. Megatron and the Fallen are basically Vader and the emperor. Then there was the Terminator ripoff taken to a ridiculous tongue-weapon extreme. This is not even to mention the elementary school plot and the god-awful acting! I would have given the movie a zero rating, except the effects and action sequences were pretty cool. This was the only thing that made the movie even mildly entertaining. Expand
  81. ChrisW
    Jul 10, 2009
    When a movie has to repeat its' title 4 times during it so that you can remember what's going on... it's not a good sign. Bad acting, horrible script, and just a bad movie.
  82. StrykerS
    Jul 10, 2009
    This was the most boring action movie I've ever seen. Worse than "Fast & Furious" I wish the pathetic director had put more plot in this piece of garbage.
  83. CK
    Jul 12, 2009
    In spite of my well-informed tuned-really-low expectations, it was still excruciating to sit through. 2.5 hrs was needless for a plot as thin as this.
  84. johnm.
    Jul 16, 2009
    Two words sum up this film, utter crap. Save you dollars. Don't even rent the dvd.
  85. JimboH
    Jul 1, 2009
    Incoherent and amateurish. More like a 2 1/2 hour demolition derby than a movie. A plot stolen from your stereotypical "You cannot defeat me haha! Only a Prime can haha!" Japanese Anime beat-em-up. Oh yeah the twins clearly are racist. Dead give-a-way are the big Obama ears (from political cartoons) and when Shia says the line "Don't pop a cap in me alright?"
  86. MiraiM
    Jul 18, 2009
    Watching the first Transformers movie about 5 times should give you an accurate idea of what watching this movie is like. Honestly, this was one of the worst movies I have seen this year...a complete waste of time. Honestly, you can only watch giant robots beat the crap out of each other for so long. At 2.5 hours this movie was painful to watch.
  87. matts
    Jul 10, 2009
    This movie actually made it boring to sit through 2 and a half hours of an action movie, and you couldn't even tell whats going on when the robots fight.
  88. DalinN
    Jul 2, 2009
    Sell out. Very poor. As a fan of the first movie, i feel cheated.
  89. dc
    Jul 26, 2009
    Nothing needs to be said about how terrible this movie is, every already knows its a pile of crap made to look like a gleaming golden monolith through the use of special effects.
  90. JoeM
    Jul 5, 2009
    Everything a summer movie shouldn't be. iron man did it right last year. it was fun, had great action, and it made sense. transformers is a mess. please vote with your dollar, don't go watch this type of movie and maybe one day Hollywood will wise up and deliver more good movies.
  91. shauna
    Jul 5, 2009
    Since I've paid for the ticket, i might as well stay til the end, but if anyone asked me to watch it again, it's a NO! Skid n Mudflap fights over nothing-crashes into the wall-voila!!-there goes the matrix! wth!!?? love bumblebee tho'.
  92. MattN
    Jul 6, 2009
    It was an enjoyable movie, well sorta. The explosions and action were nice, but the plot was predictable and full of plot holes, big ones. If you pay attention towards the end the giant green dump truck is part of the big one and also fighting the humans on the front line. I was like wait a minute
  93. TonyB.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Sorry this movie sucked i mean the acting was terrible and there was a over use of cgi i understand that this is a action movie but it had no human touch. i liked the first film but this one is just bad. The reason this movie made a lot of money proves that there is a lot of dumb people in the U.S.
  94. MetacriticMetacritic
    Jul 6, 2009
    Again, the only things worth watching in this film are the robots, the transformations of the robots, and Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. (Sorry Megan Fox, but your poses and pictorial shots in this film are not worth watching, since we're here to watch the Transformers, not you.) All other aspects of the film, especially the storyline and the characters, are just toilet paper. This Again, the only things worth watching in this film are the robots, the transformations of the robots, and Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. (Sorry Megan Fox, but your poses and pictorial shots in this film are not worth watching, since we're here to watch the Transformers, not you.) All other aspects of the film, especially the storyline and the characters, are just toilet paper. This one is actually worse than the 2007 film. If you want a good story about the Transformers, and also if you want to see how Michael Bay just lacks originality and maybe a rip-off artist, watch the 1986 animated film "Transformers: The Movie". After watching it, you will know what I mean. Expand
  95. MichaelP
    Aug 18, 2009
    Why can't bumbebee talk? he isn't the silent character that annoyingly plays clichés from a radio. The writers promissed that these Bots were the same 80's versions in new skins. Sorry but they aren't. Also great work on Arcee, I've always dreamed of a motorcycle that could turn into a stick with some skates.
  96. GeofferyW
    Aug 18, 2009
    wow it took two Transformers movies to get one scene where robots are talking to each other, and no humans are present. If you want to see a great Transformers film watch the cartoon movie. at least they gave a d@m about the licence & history.
  97. AnthonyS
    Aug 21, 2009
    I challenge someone to make a movie more boring than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen! Come on, I'm waiting! This movie will give you a headache and make you sleepy, so if you want to see this movie you should just pocket your money and bang your head against a wall until you are no longer conscious.
  98. KatrinaLalowski
    Aug 23, 2009
    Could've not seen it and been much happier. At least an hour's worth of the movie could have been cut. It was repititious and hard to follow at some parts because there was too much going on at once trying to be crammed in.
  99. RobertE
    Aug 3, 2009
    It was awful.
  100. RobertM
    Aug 30, 2009
    I should be giving this movie negative 5, also i can not comprehend why people are giving this 5 to 10. come on all of you moronic homunculus. is it really that bad to be honest with yourself.

1. Reviewed by: Nick De Semlyen
    A super-sized second helping, but the novelty factor and some of the charm’s gone. Hey, at least there's more Megatron / Starscream squabbling this time round.
  2. With its intelligence at the level of the simple-minded, however, the film is not likely to attract moviegoers who seek something more than a screen filled with kaleidoscopes of colored metal. Fan boys will no doubt love it, but for the uninitiated it's loud, tedious and, at 147 minutes, way too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Little seems new compared to the first installment, except that this version is longer, louder, and perhaps "more than your eye can meet" in one sitting.