Transylmania

8.7

1. DaleC
    Dec 4, 2009
    Come on now. Who thinks this is going to be funny? Even if its budget was just $1 million, imagine that money going to cancer research. Or swine flu vaccines. I feel bad for teens today because at least we had John Hughes. And the common sense to skip movies like Once Bitten.
  2. smokyb
    Dec 6, 2009
    Pitiably bad ... and I AM in college. You don't need to be "young at heart" to enjoy this dreck; you need to be devoid of any brain cells and completely unaware of any of its filmic forebears. The jokes were old in 1985, something that isn't necessarily horrible if you have the actors to pull them off and the writers who can put SOME kind of freshening up in them. In this movie? Pitiably bad ... and I AM in college. You don't need to be "young at heart" to enjoy this dreck; you need to be devoid of any brain cells and completely unaware of any of its filmic forebears. The jokes were old in 1985, something that isn't necessarily horrible if you have the actors to pull them off and the writers who can put SOME kind of freshening up in them. In this movie? Not so much. To say this vampire movie "sucked" is to offer a better joke than any that appeared in this travesty. Expand
  3. Steve
    Dec 6, 2009
    What has a way-overdone cliché that expired ages ago has to do with imagination? Nothing.
  4. ChrisS.
    Dec 6, 2009
    If you want to see this abomination of a movie, then get a group of random people, dress them up as vampires and have them do stupid and childish things like crotch kicks, farting, and run someone over with a car because that's basically what this movie is like.
  5. VincentG.
    Dec 6, 2009
    Saw it and loved it, I don't get this most of these reviews seem to attack the film, it's Funny! better than most spoofs I've seen,. are all these reviewers dried out, brain dead, Yeah it's funny to try and get laid when your surrounded by vampires, maybe some of the reviewers wives are boring old Skaggs who don't know what it's like to get laid and have a Saw it and loved it, I don't get this most of these reviews seem to attack the film, it's Funny! better than most spoofs I've seen,. are all these reviewers dried out, brain dead, Yeah it's funny to try and get laid when your surrounded by vampires, maybe some of the reviewers wives are boring old Skaggs who don't know what it's like to get laid and have a good time,. All the reviewers seem to be jaded by sex with laughs Most Kevin Smith movies flopped but this one has heart good music and is funny. GO see this movie it's funny! Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2015
    As an 18 year old male going to college I am here to tell you that this film is completely unfunny. It seems that the worst films of all time are unfunny comedies like this. By that I mean they all follow the same formula to create some of the most cringe worthy pieces of film in cinematic history: unfunny gross out humor, check; generic characters, check; no character development, check;As an 18 year old male going to college I am here to tell you that this film is completely unfunny. It seems that the worst films of all time are unfunny comedies like this. By that I mean they all follow the same formula to create some of the most cringe worthy pieces of film in cinematic history: unfunny gross out humor, check; generic characters, check; no character development, check; plot as well put together as a half completed Jenga tower, check; mediocre editing, check; people acting as loud and annoying as possible, check; some of the worst acting performances you have seen in your life, check. I admire how ambitious the filmmakers were trying to be, but the writing is unspeakably atrocious. It is annoying how stupid the characters are. You get kinda a Scooby Doo meets American Pie vibe, which sounds good on paper. In fact, I'm sure with better execution this could of been a good movie. The gags in this movie just get worse and worse, and there really is no sense or logic to anything that is happening. I thought Twilight was bad, but this is much worse. Expand
  7. FilmCritic
    Dec 5, 2009
    Sounds to me like all the reviewers here have no imagination and just copy each other. Saw this last night, and it was very funny! This is just another example of why you shouldn't trust reviewers that don't remember what college was like. This movie is a must see for the young at heart!
  8. KevinS.
    Dec 6, 2009
    Go in with low expectations and I think you'll be surprised by how funny this movie is. Not a masterpiece by any means but features a couple of laugh out loud scenes and a great "twist" ending.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 10 Critics

1. It's tempting to say ''avoid at all costs,'' but truthfully, everyone should see something this bad at least once, if only to help us better appreciate the comparatively brainy merits of works like "Eurotrip," "Freddy Got Fingered," and the modern-day plague of movies with titles ending in "Movie."
  2. The lame gags, ineptly staged, don't produce anything in the way of genuine laughs, though there is the occasional funny line.
    With stronger actors and real writers, this might’ve been a vintage comedy you could sink your...nope, not going there.