TRON: Legacy

7.1

1. Apr 19, 2011
    Highly enjoyable movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a fresh take on an old classic and found the main characters believable. The special effects were good and I was mostly able to forget that I was watching a Disney movie. I especially liked the sound track and have been a fan of Daft Punk for years.
  2. Apr 5, 2011
    I watched the original about 2 weeks prior to watching this sequel.

Great visuals, great sounds (way to go Daft Punk), great acting from Jeff Bridges who really makes the movie.

Not amazing, or ground-breaking by any means, but a polished and well-treated production.
  3. Dec 26, 2010
    This is a movie that goes beyond that which the "professional critics" expect out of movies. It provides an original (even though it's a sequel) movie-watching experience that does a good job of allowing the viewer to suspend disbelief. It's visuals are stunning, the soundtrack fits perfectly to the theme of the movie (a lot of techno and futuristic music), and the sound effects areThis is a movie that goes beyond that which the "professional critics" expect out of movies. It provides an original (even though it's a sequel) movie-watching experience that does a good job of allowing the viewer to suspend disbelief. It's visuals are stunning, the soundtrack fits perfectly to the theme of the movie (a lot of techno and futuristic music), and the sound effects are enthralling and make you feel like you're really in a virtual and high-tech sci-fi world. There are plenty of action scenes that break up the boredom and monotony from which the original movie suffered. I did not see the movie in 3D (because i don't believe in using 3D tricks and gimmicks to overshadow lack of movie-making abilities). Therefore I have no comment on the quality of the 3D experience. However, knowing Disney's track record with quality movie-making, I'm sure they didn't disappoint (for those who are interested in that sort of thing). The only downside to the amazing visuals was the CGI Jeff Bridges. Though the technology that goes behind recreating human faces and emotions are getting better by the year, they still seem a ways away. The tones and colors of young Jeff Bridges' face were spot on, but he often seemed to lack that emotional and subtle quality that we are all honed in to detect. The story was more enthralling and dramatic than the original, but very predictable. Do yourself a favor and ignore the "professional critics." See this movie if you have an open mind, are a fan of sci-fi, and enjoy stunning visuals and enthralling music and sound effects. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2010
    So um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like oldSo um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like old videogames, if you like eye candy, if u like daft punk... GO SEE THIS MOVIE Expand
  5. May 13, 2014
    This movie could of had so much potential, so much to show, so much to explore...but came in short.

This movie could of done better had we been brought closer to the digital society, ive felt like we didn't see enough outside of the arena. for that i was kinda disappointing. BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie.

BUT DAMM did that Sound Track Did it for me. So far the only thing that was done right out from the movie. Disney made the right decision on hiring Daft Punk to develop the Tron Legacy Sound Track, who else but Daft Punk...Genius.
  6. Dec 18, 2010
    Man was I let down. The story was awful, the acting felt like they were there for the money. I give it a 5 cause i loved the 2 action sequences there were. I was really looking forward to this one. Not sure what they were thinking.
  7. Dec 31, 2010
    Crap. Weak story, poor character development, and a dumb paint by numbers climax. The only thing that makes this worth seeing is the visuals and even they are merely okay. What a disappointment. Three of us where bored and ready to leave the theatre. Let's hope in another 20 years they do a better job of TRON 3. Even Jeff Bridges was boring in this one. Disney has had two cracks atCrap. Weak story, poor character development, and a dumb paint by numbers climax. The only thing that makes this worth seeing is the visuals and even they are merely okay. What a disappointment. Three of us where bored and ready to leave the theatre. Let's hope in another 20 years they do a better job of TRON 3. Even Jeff Bridges was boring in this one. Disney has had two cracks at this franchise and still haven't made a good movie. Call Pixar, Walt.

p.s. - Michael Sheen was the lone bright spot in an otherwise waste of effort.
    p.p.s. - Okay, the ladies looked wonderful too.
  8. May 3, 2011
    Amazing visually - I really wish I had the chance to watch this movie in theaters in 3D. I wasn't expecting too much from the plot, but I actually really liked it. And the score by Daft Punk is really sweet. Overall, I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy.
  9. Dec 19, 2010
    Great visual effects. Decent enough story for a film that is special effects focused. It starts off strong, but part way through I found the pacing becomes sluggish and disjointed at times.
  10. Dec 20, 2010
    As a fan of the first movie I was eager to see Tron legacy, but at the same time afraid that it wouldn't be all that great. Well, I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. Ignore the critics; all they want are movies that pull your heartstrings and make you think. Those are good movies, but sometimes, I just want to watch a movie that takes me on a fun flight throughAs a fan of the first movie I was eager to see Tron legacy, but at the same time afraid that it wouldn't be all that great. Well, I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. Ignore the critics; all they want are movies that pull your heartstrings and make you think. Those are good movies, but sometimes, I just want to watch a movie that takes me on a fun flight through imagination, and that's exactly what Tron legacy does. Expand
  11. Oct 22, 2011
    Best in The series, but something seems wrong about the film, was it Sam flynn or noticeable lack of emotions and good acting by bruce??? Anyway the film had great 3D effects and a good story but lacks good acting but still if you ask me, it's a great film. No regrets when I watched it in 3D, no regrets when I bought the DVD.
  12. Jan 20, 2012
    Tron is a great idea, great concept and to be remade was the ideal of taking a chance. Well, in my opinion the chance was taken and the product was a dozy. Director Joseph Kosinski really showed the world how much of a force he will be in the directing world remaking a movie that was not supposed to be remade and pulled it off. The visuals are stunning, arguably the best of the year andTron is a great idea, great concept and to be remade was the ideal of taking a chance. Well, in my opinion the chance was taken and the product was a dozy. Director Joseph Kosinski really showed the world how much of a force he will be in the directing world remaking a movie that was not supposed to be remade and pulled it off. The visuals are stunning, arguably the best of the year and Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde are outstanding. Garrett Hedlund is just ok and the CLU clone is kind of creepy from time to time but gets the job done with the technology. Though most remakes are nothing compared to the original, this Tron is definitely on par if not better than its predecessor. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2010
    While not perfect this movie was incredibly enjoyable and worth the money to see in theaters. The visual style of the film is by far the best part with stunning shots of a cyber world and an outstanding style that made the first one so loved. The musical score really does a great job emphasizing the mood and pace of the movie and is as important as the acting. As for the story IWhile not perfect this movie was incredibly enjoyable and worth the money to see in theaters. The visual style of the film is by far the best part with stunning shots of a cyber world and an outstanding style that made the first one so loved. The musical score really does a great job emphasizing the mood and pace of the movie and is as important as the acting. As for the story I personally really enjoyed it and thought the cheese was minimum. I especially liked that it wasn't your classic "son is mad at dad" story, it takes a different approach that really shows how most father-son relationships are. Overall if you like sci-fi, creative visual style, or just love Daft Punk I would highly recommend this movie. Expand
  14. Jan 1, 2011
    This film is **** but for todays standard what film isn't?
    The almost cringeingly unoriginal story line is enough to make you want to leave, but I was with my friends and even the urgent need to piss wasn't enough to make me leave my seat at the North Finchley Vue this Friday. The plot is in shambles and Disney was going downhill. So why didn't I go to the toilet?
    Firstly I have no idea
    This film is **** but for todays standard what film isn't?
    Firstly I have no idea but it might have been something to do with the awe inspiring 3D Grapics or the bouncy techno from the dancefloor legends Daft Punk that is so hard to not listen to.

Going back to the plot, Flynn's son Sam goes after his missing father and stumbles across the old arcade
    which leads him to Tron World, he faces a series of challenging games and meets his Dad's old friend C.L.U.E, who has turned evil. One hell of a **** plot

Overall Im am a very disappointed 12 year old

not as good as the original, though still was enjoyable But altogether I am a reasonably disappointed 12 year old
  15. Dec 17, 2010
    Critics really are full of s*** sometimes. What a brilliant film this is! Fantastic visuals, great cast (I especially loved Olivia Wilde in this movie; her very innocent, good natured character was really cute and charming; and she was a truely awesome warrior in battle), amazing score. It was entertaining and epic; and isn't that what a movie is supposed to do? It also felt like a realCritics really are full of s*** sometimes. What a brilliant film this is! Fantastic visuals, great cast (I especially loved Olivia Wilde in this movie; her very innocent, good natured character was really cute and charming; and she was a truely awesome warrior in battle), amazing score. It was entertaining and epic; and isn't that what a movie is supposed to do? It also felt like a real tribute to the original Tron movie. Yes, the light cycles and suits were different, but it's the year 2010 now people. The 3D element was done to perfection, I especially liked how the movie starts in 2D in the real world and then shifts to 3D when Sam enters "The Grid", very clever. I enjoyed this movie so much I went to see it again today after seeing the midnight showing last night. It's a must see. Expand
  16. Dec 27, 2010
    Visuals: Fantastic. Writing, direction, acting, basically everything else: Awful. It was fun to look at, though. Jeff Bridges was good. Everyone else was terrible. Whoever wrote the screenplay should never write again.
  17. Jan 1, 2011
    Tron Legacy is a great movie if you've seen the original. It's great special effects,acting,script,and action. My opinion is that you shouldn't see tron in 3D. It's a GREAT movie!!!!
  18. Jan 12, 2011
    A bit of a disappointment for me. While visually stunning and with incredible music, the tempo is uneven and the movie is sometimes boring. But at least a few truly incredible parts, bring this movie to 7/10 for me.
  19. Mar 20, 2011
    This movie was great. To some people it may not be because they saw the original. Like people like me i did not. So i think it was good. everyone held their role and the story line was very interseting
  20. Jul 10, 2012
    TRON: Legacy, a film like this, I've waited years for. The storyline was a bit rushed but the dazzling visuals and soundtrack more than made up for it. Daft Punk did a good job on the soundtrack and the special effects team did a more than amazing job. Great work.
  21. Mar 24, 2013
    Really gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like thisReally gets me when people over analyse something they should just sit back and enjoy. People talk about the story and the characters etc etc. It was simple enough to understand but had enough dept to keep you interested. So moving on, even if you didn't like the story look at every frame and listen to every note! AMAZING! I walked out thinking I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I could seriously print any frame in this film and it would look amazing. Just for the music and the style id give it a 10! Expand
  22. Jan 4, 2011
    This was so bad that I would have walked out of it if I had been by myself. The dialog and the characters were ABYSMAL and there was absolutely nothing special about the special effects. I can't Jeff bridges agreed to this complete crap-fest.
  23. Dec 22, 2010
    Excellent the CGI is incredible and the soundtrack is pumping not the best film I've seen this year that was a toss up between Scott Pilgrim and Harry Potter but this is a close second if your a fan of the original i would definitely recommend checking this out. if not in the Cinema rent when the Blu-Ray comes out.
  24. Dec 31, 2010
    Loved it! Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges are all fantastic in this movie. The music was great. The 3D effects were awesome. I definitely would recommend this movie.
  25. May 5, 2011
    This film has been unfairly panned by critics. its only flaw is cramming enough visuals dialog and story elements for two full length films into one. If you can forgive the hurried pace of many scenes then you will find a rare gem in Tron Legacy. The acting and direction outshine the Star Wars prequels so brightly its like comparing coal to a precious gemstone. The score and accompanyingThis film has been unfairly panned by critics. its only flaw is cramming enough visuals dialog and story elements for two full length films into one. If you can forgive the hurried pace of many scenes then you will find a rare gem in Tron Legacy. The acting and direction outshine the Star Wars prequels so brightly its like comparing coal to a precious gemstone. The score and accompanying soundtrack are subperb, alone making the DVD or Blu-Ray purchase worthwhile. Expand
  26. Apr 20, 2011
    This movie was an absolutely great film. It had action, suspense, and Jeff Bridges himself. Who could ask for more? Just like the original TRON, this film has not been reviewed great by critics, but is still fantastic.
  27. Jun 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Look all that i got to say after 4 well going to five years since it came out all i have to say is the movie is flawed, but enjoyable, from the scenery that takes place in the grid, something that was recreated from a computer that ran 2mb per minute and im saying in the making of the film, this was the biggest part that was great in my opinion, the grid is so far the best cgi created image in a scale as half of the map of a new RPG most recent The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I'm going off topic here, the thing is sequels that got us waiting for years is a bad thing, if handled badly, direction was good, the cast was average, but it lacked one thing the title character TRON, uptly named Rinzler, and how did he came to be RInzler, TRON Uprising was gonna answer the question, but sadly it got cancelled, like recently TRON 3, but why?, call it TRON 3, after all Tron died in the grid Presumed so as the rest of the programs, Disney now profiting for their new Cows to milk like the MCU, and the new SWCU(yes not a joke that's the Star Wars Universe name now.) And also the soundtrack by Daft Punk, Groing up with some songs that i heard from movies got me into some Gernes as Alt. Rock, Electronic, Orchestra, Daft Punk fuses their base Electronica w/h some Orchestra, and it sounded great, i hadnt heard it recently, but the most tense songs was track 4, the characters in this movie we see the return of two base characters(clu and rinzler doesnt count even rinzler is tron, and clu is it's second revision, if you want to see the fate of Clu 1.0 watch TRON) Clu 2.0 is the overseer of the grid naming himself the ruler, filled with an ego of perfection, and organizing the programs with each sector and punishing them with execution, or to play the "Games" which was the original program way of an unwanted entrance or an easy legal execution.(we'll go into it later) Sam Flynn the son of the dissapeared Kevin Flynn, he was a rash and uneasy character to "like" not in a bad way, he is an interesting character but we don't know much of him or the gap from (1989 - 2010) he mentioned a few but not to win the audience over. Quora the last remaining iso(again covering that later) she is the rebel, or most likely the renegade trained by Flynn (watch Uprising it is a good show with a good cast). Kevin Flynn the man who created clu he is a user like Sam but he is the first user to get into the grid (see TRON it is a good movie even if it's dated it is still a good movie) he tried to make the perfect system where programs and isos can be together where there is peace, who got obsesed with the grid after Maria's Death in '85. the extras the programs who inhabit the world of the grid are barely seen, in most cases fights but the interaction on each are lifeless, the isos mostly Zeus who repaired himself after he suffered an attack (watch a walkthrough of TRON Evolution or buy it used on gamestop) the army of clu are lifeless dolls who have no personallity with good reason, Clu has mannage to reprogram most of the programs that were derezzed or rectafied and they are sent to the reprograming center to be a part of clu's army, the humans these lacked personallity except Adam Bradly the man who created TRON who became the CEO of encom after the dissapearence of Flynn, and the extras as well lacked even the son of the former CEO of encom lacked any emotion he was mostly dressed like a hipster but a smart programer, sorta like is father. the setting and plot here were at the weakest point of the film how they handled the plot, the story wasn't well placed as it was a puddle who dried up after wards it had excitment curiosity and a lot of action, the down fall was the hype, like any other, the setting gets merits it is dark and what i liked about it were the new locals and the designs of the programs, not the suit, i mean how the programs look and talk some may look in a state of despair and some look decimated with the cubic scars or literall depth how should i say this they scared me and the derezzing and they'er cry after that also gave me goosbumps, and the discs the new disks looks slick and more agile with cqc or from far distance and they come back like Captain Americas Sheild or the original Light disk, then there's the vehicles like the redesigned light bikes and they looked great so as the EMCOM1 bike, the Redesigned Recognizer, and also the Light Runner. After that lets go into it's message the ISOs caused fear to the programs as did humans when they discovered new lands the isos didnt know what to do the code they had would shape humanity as we know it, but Clu fell to fear and fear got him to extinct the isos "killing" tron (Uprising watch it now) and restoring the grid were most of the critical points and that there will be no questions asked i give TRON: Legacy a total score of 7, i like this movie but i cant hate it Not like ROTF but tron gave me a fun experience and so others and if you want to watch it is your choice END OF LINE. Expand
  28. Jan 11, 2011
    TRON: Legacy was an absolutly amazing science fiction movie of all time! It is this year's Avatar or better! The effects were dazzeling, the music was awesome, and everything was just great! Though, the storyline wasnt that great, but other than that TRON: Legacy did deliver a great performance for all of us.
  29. Dec 27, 2010
    Really great film. Exciting, interesting, visually appealing, emotionally engaging, nostalgic, and modern. I'm seriously having trouble understanding where such negative reviews are coming from.
  30. Dec 19, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is a great film that entertains with a good story, nice acting, excellent music and sounds, and with a visual style that keeps your eyes glued to the screen. Overall this is a film full of Sci-Fi entertainment that would have expected since this film's first rumor.

This film is a interesting cross between the original Tron and the Matrix and the similarities are hard to miss. The blend is great. While maintaining that "Tron" atmosphere the addition of the "Matrix"-type world of characters and locations added a nice change of pace from the traditional in-a-data system-feel. It would have been great to see this explored further but where it settled with the plot of the story was fitting and comfortable. The Visuals and Audio was truly amazing. The classic tones of the Tron world enhanced with the Techno beats of Daft Punk was a perfect match with style.

The movie itself was strong with Jeff Bridges at the lead. The Computer animated Jeff Bridges needed to go through several more rounds of work but it was a decent attempt that could have just been avoided altogether. Nothing would've been wrong with a human antagonist. Most of the scenes did not look right but at least you could tell where the filmakers were going and that was enough to forgive.

The story was very traditional and could have easily been more epic but I gather it will be more for the planned Trilogy rather than during the reintroduction of the franchise in 20 years. Start strong and grow big.
  31. Dec 17, 2010
    An absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding. My only complaints are: there is no Bit (loved Bit in the original) and the vintage lightcycle is a great sight and it's built up, but it gets next to noAn absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding. My only complaints are: there is no Bit (loved Bit in the original) and the vintage lightcycle is a great sight and it's built up, but it gets next to no worthwhile screen time. Regardless of those complaints, it's a fantastic movie with plenty of geek fanfare and love for the fans of the original. The acting is strong, the writing sharp, and the soundtrack is undeniably awesome. I cannot recommend this film highly enough. Go see it! End of Line. Expand
  32. Dec 19, 2010
    A good time at the movies, provided you don't expect Matrix 2 level techno-philosophy. This movie is bright lights moving fast and loud, the equivalent of cinematic fireworks. That's as much a knock as it is praise. See it in IMAX 3D or don't see it at all.
  33. Dec 19, 2010
    Entertaining and fun. 3D was weak. Story was not weak at all, quite good for an action / sci-fi movie. I would recommend this to anyone who like sci-fi or hero movies. It's better than most.
  34. Dec 18, 2010
    After 28 years, this is all they can come up with? Sure the visuals were eye-watering with all the pastel colours, the action sequences (disc duel, light-cycle battle) were great and we have the great Jeff Bridges... but the plot was weak. Reminds me of "Star Wars: Episode 1" where they took great care of the gadgets/gizmos/tech but no the story. It is not a total waste of money to watchAfter 28 years, this is all they can come up with? Sure the visuals were eye-watering with all the pastel colours, the action sequences (disc duel, light-cycle battle) were great and we have the great Jeff Bridges... but the plot was weak. Reminds me of "Star Wars: Episode 1" where they took great care of the gadgets/gizmos/tech but no the story. It is not a total waste of money to watch "TRON: Legacy" though. What about the 3D? Oh dear. This is becoming old - - the "3D trailer" does it right (when shown ahead of a feature length 3D film in cinemas), but the actual "3D movie" itself does not work. Considering that this film was shot in "3D" (with some scenes in 2D, there is a note at the beginning of the film), it is a letdown. I just don't get it. There were no moments where you would go "Whoa, now that's 3D awesomeness." Watch it in 3D to get the ultra-sharp, super clear and pristine image quality. But don't watch it in 3D to get in-your-face 3D moments. The movie will feel draggy (and boring at times) thanks to the "for the money" acting performances. Even Jeff Bridges couldn't save the painful human interaction. He did well for his part though. The human connection is barely there. It feels really cold. Where "TRON: Legacy" excels is at the visual effects department, and the music too thanks to Daft Punk. Michael Sheen's role of Castor was very, very underused. Overall, this is an OK movie but not great. Not a total waste. Watch it for the visual delights (CLU was incredibly realistic but still noticeably CGI) but not for the story or the human drama. Expand
  35. Jan 1, 2011
    Though not as well written as the original, this sequel was quite decent. The story was mediocre, but visuals and audio were spectacular. Definitely a must see for fans of the original.
  36. Jan 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie so much!! great acting and visuals!!! I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges young looks... amazing!! I hope the dvd com with the first movie
  37. Jan 9, 2011
    That was the worst movie of the year I could barely sit through it.The storyline was awful so they try to make up for it with special effects.they try to wow you with 3D which wasnt so special because every movie has that now.Do yourself a favour and dont see this film
  38. Mar 4, 2011
    An excellent movie. Once in a while the critics are wrong and this movie is a perfect example. It follows the plot of the original and both the visuals and the music are astounding. Definitely worth to see.
  39. Aug 10, 2011
    Yes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so ifYes, the story is pedestrian at best. If you can forgive this one failure and enjoy *every* other aspect of the movie, you will find it to be a really entertaining experience. Personally I love me some jeff bridges, and I love me some daft punk, so going into this I was feeling very forgiving. The aesthetics and lighting are just dazzling and the sound track will rock your socks off, so if nothing else just go into it as an audio-visual treat and enjoy! Expand
  40. Jun 28, 2011
    This movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, they took it away instantly (best examples; the character of Zuse, with about 15 minutes of screentime until his deresolution, and the revelation thatThis movie is a spectacle to look at; in Blu-Ray, you feel like you're on the Grid, neon skintight suit and all. however, its awkward plot is a whole other story; They tried to shoehorn in too much and when they realized it was too much, they took it away instantly (best examples; the character of Zuse, with about 15 minutes of screentime until his deresolution, and the revelation that rinzler is Tron, until he's thrown into an abyss). as a fan of the original, i found it disappointing to not be able to see what was going on at ENCOM after Flynn's disappearance, 20 years of history literally discarded. The most awkward point of all, when kevin flynn literally explodes to destroy clu and allow his son and quorra to escape to the real world, they both act happy and as if his death doesnt matter. The best part about this movie is the soundtrack; Daft Punk did an amazing job of bringing the Grid to life with their score, and must be commended and noticed. Expand
  41. Dec 28, 2010
    I'd say it is a good movie with a bad script for the main character. Luckily, he doesn't speak too much. The face animation for Jeff Bridges is horrible, though.
  42. Jan 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't at any means a good movie. It fails in each aspect; the only positive of the movie are its special effects. Can't believe someone would give it anything more than a 4. It doesn't deserve nothing near it, as the script has nothing appealing and fails to get one's attention. The whole forced drama plot is preposterous and Olivia Wilde's character is just absurd. Kevin's horribly acted and seems to play God, (at least this is how Quorra seems to see him; her speech about Kevin was embarrassing.)

And then, there's a whole "good VS evil" thing going on, while the characters don't have any real depth and just lack charisma. One of the worst films I've seen in a while, as it's appeal is only visual (and the effects aren't as breathtaking as comments try to induce). It is kind of the new "Avatar": nice effects. Terrible script.

I seriously advice everyone to stay away of this one. I loved Jeff Bridges when he did The Big Lebowski, or when he did The Men Who Stare at Goats. But now despite his efforts there's no way I'm finding his character convincing nor real.

3/10, more like a 1/5.
  43. Dec 17, 2010
    Weak. Weak story. Weak 3D. Light cycles were pretty cool. Olivia Wilde was hot. Fight scenes were so so. Seeing it once was quite enough. I loved the original. This should have been so much more.
  44. Dec 19, 2010
    The characters and plot are cliche and the writing certainly is not the best. The acting is decent with the standout being Jeff Bridges who as usual is the man. This would all make for a mediocre movie if it weren't for the amazing world and visuals created by special effects. The great music by Daft Punk certainly doesn't hurt either. Tron Legacy's world is creative beautiful and must beThe characters and plot are cliche and the writing certainly is not the best. The acting is decent with the standout being Jeff Bridges who as usual is the man. This would all make for a mediocre movie if it weren't for the amazing world and visuals created by special effects. The great music by Daft Punk certainly doesn't hurt either. Tron Legacy's world is creative beautiful and must be seen by everyone. I couldn't look away for a single second and although the writing and acting weren't the greatest it is good enough for you to care about the characters enough to warrant your attention. I recommend this movie to almost anyone and you don't need to see the first one to know whats going on if that is scaring you. Expand
  45. Dec 19, 2010
    visuals were a billion times better than avatar and the soundtrack was unbelievable. exceeded my expectations in every way. critics are dumb, olivia wilde is a fricken babe, this movie was the best this year.
  46. Dec 17, 2010
    Amazing visuals, sound, and acting, and the plot ain't too bad either. I have never seen a movie that has had reviews that are so far off the truth about the movie. Tron will have you immersed in beautiful visuals and beautiful sound (thank you Daft Punk) and the plot easily outclasses other sci-fi blockbusters (*cough*Avatar*cough*).

See this movie.
  47. Dec 17, 2010
    Having seen the previous film only a few minutes before sitting down in the theater to see Tron Legacy, there were a number of areas in the newer film that clearly stood out as similarities to the original film. In fact, there are so many similarities to the original film in pacing and storytelling, that Legacy actually manages to feel like a curious hybrid of sequel and remake.

There's a

There's a touch more "Real World" setup in the beginning than the original film, a slightly-too-long solar sail segment leading up to the final act, and Tron is almost as scarce in this film as his appearances were in the original. But, with all those similarities the film does tend to leave the viewer with a higher awareness of the mythology behind the Grid and its inhabitants. Technically, the film is nearly flawless with no issues that leap out at the viewer as a mistake or flub on first viewing. Every shot is well aimed, fight and game sequences are presented in a way that's less MTV and more "80's karate movie" and the story flows fairly well from one segment to the next. The greatest flaw most viewers might see in Tron Legacy is its tendency to explain and talk for large portions of screen time, but that isn't necessarily a complaint that feels particularly valid when you're looking at something so large-scale as the world presented in the Tron "mythology". Some stories just take a little time and scripting to tell, and Legacy struck an excellent balance of action and exposition in the eyes of those in the theater where I saw the film.

When it comes to the die-hard geek demographic however, perhaps Tron Legacy's greatest flaw is a desire to position the film in a more mainstream fashion. Geeks may have wanted more information, more easter eggs and more background knowledge of how things worked - but those answers and options would likely only have detracted from the film. Bottom line, if you liked the first film, you'll love Legacy. If you never "got" the original Tron despite more than one viewing in recent years, don't bother with Legacy.
  48. Dec 20, 2010
    This is no Oscar winning masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it even with it's flaws. The biggest gripe would have to be with the story but even with this it still made for entertaining watching. Very shallow character development and a story that seemed to awkwardly plod along to the start of the entry to the grid were things started to pick up Action sequences were spectacular and had meThis is no Oscar winning masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it even with it's flaws. The biggest gripe would have to be with the story but even with this it still made for entertaining watching. Very shallow character development and a story that seemed to awkwardly plod along to the start of the entry to the grid were things started to pick up Action sequences were spectacular and had me engaged through out. Very cool when watching full screen in an IMAX theatre. Jeff Bridges dialog had me cringing occasionally, but other than that I thought it was pretty enjoyable. So much so, I'm going watch it again this weekend. Expand
  49. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hmmm makes me wonder why some of the reviews are over analyzing this movie. The movie is near perfect in bringing TRON to today's audience. The acting was well done and the visual effects blew me away. I guess my only complaint is that I would of liked to have seen more of TRON (Bruce Boxleitner), but maybe in the next movie. Daft Punk really delivered in the muscial score...I hope this is not the last of Kevin Flynn...

Me: I have been a loyal fan of TRON since I was a kid, owned both TRON and Discs of TRON arcade machines, attended the 2000 E3 show to help promote TRON 2.0 the PC game with then rumors of Disney looking at scripts for a movie...I'm happy to say that I loved the film and it exceeded my expectations.

Disney really owes a lot to www.tron-sector.com, who helped keep TRON alive all these years..and here we are ;-)
  50. Jan 24, 2011
    I think the critics underestimated the potential this movie has, not only is it good eye candy but it is also a good sequel to one of Disney's greatest live action sci-fi hits.
  51. Dec 27, 2010
    What a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The newWhat a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The new characters were developed well. Music is absolutely perfect for the film and helps to transport you there. 10/10 for pure cyber punk entertainment. Expand
  52. Jan 4, 2011
    weak. weak weak weak. nothing surprised me or stopped me from almost taking a mid movie nap. had to keep shoving popcorn in my mouth to stay awake. fight scenes were pretty cool, but storyline was generic, just disney once again taking a possible awesome movie and making it an average piece of sh@#.
  53. Jan 5, 2011
    Why must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artistsWhy must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artists created an amazingly beautiful world and for 2 hours, you are immersed in Sam's journey. Truly amazing visuals mixed with an amazing soundtrack by Daft Punk. A must see in 3D! Expand
  54. Jan 5, 2011
    Tron is such an amazing movie. I found pure perfection in it's overall story line. Long movie, however it was so entertaining throughout the entire movie there was never a boring part especially with all of it's amazing scenes graphics. not one thing looked fake or cheesy. I give this movie a 10 easily! must see dont hesitate!!!!!
  55. Jan 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed it. It's visually spectacular and has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. Can't wait for more! Is it going to win Oscars for story and acting? Probably not. Will it win for special effects? It's got a shot.
  56. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely a solid movie. People who were dedicated to the original film will most likely be disappointed, but lets face it folks. The original was nothing more that a cult phenomena. Its a good movie with a sub par plot but decent action sequences. The evolution of the like cycles is a needed advancement and really brought up the would feel. I enjoyed it and had a good time watching it.
  57. Jan 30, 2011
    If you are a big fan of the original then you will probably like this movie. Otherwise, don't waste your time. The CGI of young Jeff Bridges is mediocre and distracting throughout the film. Weak story. Very predictable.
  58. Feb 9, 2011
    I took my younger brother to see this movie, and we wanted to walk out of the theater it was so boring. This movie was trully disapointing. The begining was pretty good, but then got boring, and the ending was completely predictable. I watched the origanal Tron and it was very good, and sadly this movie killed it. WASTE OF MONEY!
  59. Feb 19, 2011
    Its really not worth watching. No seriously. The graphics are gr8.... The weapon used is a frisbee i mean come on seriously. The vehicle was sexy. And costumes were how do i put this ahhh awkward. yah. The story was just fine. The background was plain n more empty(in the program). Ya dats abt it.
  60. Mar 14, 2011
    I went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story wasI went to the movies with my 9yr old son not knowing what was showing, he just wanted to watch something 3D. So we booked TRON: Legacy. I knew nothing about it so I went in with a fairly open mind (it was particularly open to catching up on some sleep). To my surprise I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, even if the 3D wasn't up to much, and the audio blew me away. The story was pretty cool although there were a few "how did we end up here from where we were" moments. I don't know if it would be the same watching it at home unless I had a kick-ass home cinema system, which I don't! Really enjoyed this one. Expand
  61. Apr 8, 2011
    i never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had donei never thought that walt disney can make a movie like this.i never watch the old tron but this movie was superb.i realy enjoyed it.from the start to the end there is nothing could feel bad for me.the action is superb for a disney movie,though it contains only one scene with only one drop of blood.if u watch this u will feel how fascinating the music is in this movie.daft punk had done their very best in this.the visual is very good and inside the grid the cgi is stunning,forget cgi in avatar.light cycles are created miraculously.i have nothing bad to say about this movie but best in everything. Expand
  62. Apr 28, 2011
    Another fantastic film from disney, TRON is, and will remain, one of the best movies i have ever seen, the concept has been brought to life in a new way with twists to thrill even watchers of the 60's version will love.
    it is a must watch, if not for the slightly confusing story, then for the effects, if not for the effects, then just to say you watched a great movie, but if not even for that, then just to be cool.
  63. Jun 14, 2011
    There was a point in Tron Legacy that I decided I wasn't enjoying it. What that exact moment was I can't quite recall, but when it manifested itself it continued to hang over my head like The Sword of Damocles. I don't think Tron Legacy is a bad movie by any means, and it certainly does have enough gloss and sheen to look down its nose at anything around to date (Avatar aside), but it'sThere was a point in Tron Legacy that I decided I wasn't enjoying it. What that exact moment was I can't quite recall, but when it manifested itself it continued to hang over my head like The Sword of Damocles. I don't think Tron Legacy is a bad movie by any means, and it certainly does have enough gloss and sheen to look down its nose at anything around to date (Avatar aside), but it's just completely forgettable. Being a sci-fi fan, and especially a fan of one its more fascinating sub genres 'cyberpunk', I felt completely let down, and even a little annoyed. Finer points aside, The Matrix and the Tron movies pretty much run the same course, and are both examples of science fiction in the not to distant future that ask the fundamental question 'who are we?'. Whereas The Matrix explores this notion, in a future where identity is no longer just a physical medium, with a level of insight and philosophical debate, Tron Legacy tip toes around even the basic fundamentals and eventually ends up exactly as Disney wanted it to be... a throw away family movie with a merchandising dollar sign stamped all over it. I didn't dislike Tron Legacy, I just though it was an opportunity wasted Expand
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    Mesmerizing movie, with perfect audiovisual presentation. The visuals and the 3D were breathtaking, incorporating the awesome soundtrack from Daft Punk, = the conclusion is an epic allgasm. I even liked the story, nothing too convulted, a good son and father plot with great references to the original movie. Sure, there are some cheesy dialogues and phrases that would make an expert cringe,Mesmerizing movie, with perfect audiovisual presentation. The visuals and the 3D were breathtaking, incorporating the awesome soundtrack from Daft Punk, = the conclusion is an epic allgasm. I even liked the story, nothing too convulted, a good son and father plot with great references to the original movie. Sure, there are some cheesy dialogues and phrases that would make an expert cringe, but overall it's a complete package. Expand
  65. Jul 22, 2012
    This movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism andThis movie lacked a lot of things. I compared this movie to some of the other scifi's and realized that it felt different, that there was something this compared to none of the others because it had a wholly different theme and focus. This movie was in every way a movie about a dystopian future, though it took place in a modern setting. What was missing was a lot of the cynicism and despair that accompanies the dark futures of the other films. Instead it ended with hope and reconciliation. It did more than forecast doom from a range of questionable trends, it examined without genuflection or apology the contrast between an attempt to achieve perfection according to what might well have represented a thousand philosophies or ideals, and the wild universe of the world we can all associate with. Here we find the same misgivings expressed with the vicissitudes of death, age and illness but counters all that bitterness with what ought to be lamented which is being lost right now--family. What this movie does further is divorce a potentially perfect society from lewdness and depravity of lifestyle, the real cause of misery in life, or at least doesn't focus on it but gives it due perspective by wrangling it in with evil in general. That is not found in most of these films because the makers themselves cannot divorce themselves from their lifestyle. This 'divorce' is that which, if missing or failed, will like divorce shred society after family is murdered. So here we see the problem and the solution in a single cinematic statement. Here we see a dividing line because this movie or this theme at least is despised by those that can't stand what preserves a family, morality, or praised for being a somewhat creative if simple champion of basic decency. Books and colleges, blogs and intellectuals aren't quoted for it, so we see what becomes the source of concern, the reason for dark tomorrows in movies and the woes forecast in literature--despair not because the future is bleak, but because no one wants to take responsibility over their own lives. Interesting that filth has become an all-too prevalent fixture in media, the self-defeating contagion that can't spare its creator any more than such a creator can spare his audience the illness of their own mind. Why should it when the mind in question cannot keep itself from lewdness? Disney needs to wear laurels for this relatively good and decent film as well as their vision, but especially for holding up the family and all the traditional and time-honored principles socketted in its crown and scepter as the guardian and steward for the future. So what's your status in that kingdom? Expand
  66. Jul 29, 2011
    keep watching this movie..... its an onslaught of incredible visuals and amazing music... can't stop listening to the soundtrack either... first time since star wars. Daft Punk... who I wasn't a fan of prior blows minds in this musical score. And the story is quite sellable and tolerable for both children and nostalgic adults alike. Tell your kid about the first Tron movie... and thenkeep watching this movie..... its an onslaught of incredible visuals and amazing music... can't stop listening to the soundtrack either... first time since star wars. Daft Punk... who I wasn't a fan of prior blows minds in this musical score. And the story is quite sellable and tolerable for both children and nostalgic adults alike. Tell your kid about the first Tron movie... and then watch this one with them. In HD. Expand
  67. Dec 18, 2010
    Tron Legacy may not have had the deepest plot, but it was a good movie. People forget that they go to the films to have fun and escape. The stylized effects mixed with Daft Punk's musical score was excellent. I enjoyed this movie and plan to buy it on release. Don't listen to the critics, they forget what movies are about.
  68. Dec 20, 2010
    if you hate this you where expecting to much and was disappointed. and when Disney says 3d it doesn't mean sh*t poping in your face. it means they are trying to make the movie look like it has depth.
  69. Jan 3, 2011
    I guess the risk of making a sequel after almost 30 years is that people have expectations, and more than that their own interpretations of the original, and how a sequel should play out. I grew up with the first Tron, and went in expecting to be disappointed, but have to say Legacy might be one of the best, most intelligent sci-fi/fantasy movies I've seen in years. I don't think the storyI guess the risk of making a sequel after almost 30 years is that people have expectations, and more than that their own interpretations of the original, and how a sequel should play out. I grew up with the first Tron, and went in expecting to be disappointed, but have to say Legacy might be one of the best, most intelligent sci-fi/fantasy movies I've seen in years. I don't think the story is lacking at all, in fact I think it's filled with a lot of subtle subtext rather than beat-you-over-the head preachiness you'd find in something like Avatar or The Matrix. Either way don't let the reviews turn you away, if nothing else the effects and music are top notch, and it's worth the ride. Expand
  70. Jan 8, 2011
    Underrated! This is the type of film that bulds a strong cult following despite negative reviews. There are some plot holes, but really, nothing that hurts the story and nothing you could think of for an explanation as to why something happened.

I wonder why this movie was hated and really the movie itself was made for lovers of Tron. Although the family I saw it with loved it, they were confused as to who was who. Perhaps there is a cultural gap. Either way, there was no major flaw to me in this film. Lovely story, despite all the hatred towards it, a soundtrack worthy of the Oscar but will more than likely not even get the nomination due to the artists who made it, beautiful visuals, as much as people will hate to admit, film is a visual medium and without great cinematography or wonderful art direction, other films risk bleeding into each other, Tron Legacy excels just as it did in the original and will be fondly remembered because of it, and one more thing, the performances. Not a single bad performance in the bunch, everyone delivers in their own way. Director Joseph Kosinski has a great future ahead of him. He might have to make the average drama in order for people to realize it, but the man has great potential in hollywood and I hope he gets the chance to make one more film as it was intended.
  71. Dec 18, 2010
    I saw the original Tron movie when I was a kid, and I absolutely loved it. The visuals and the concept really appealed to me, so I was really pumped to see Tron: Legacy in 3D. I must say really enjoyed it. T:L kept to the spirit of the original, as well as building upon certain aspects of the Grid. The visuals are absolutely stunning, and Daft Punk's score is magnificent.. The storyI saw the original Tron movie when I was a kid, and I absolutely loved it. The visuals and the concept really appealed to me, so I was really pumped to see Tron: Legacy in 3D. I must say really enjoyed it. T:L kept to the spirit of the original, as well as building upon certain aspects of the Grid. The visuals are absolutely stunning, and Daft Punk's score is magnificent.. The story is a little light, as it was in the original, which is one of the few drawbacks to the film. The use of 3D was also very effective; it wasn't forced "in your face." Instead, it was used to support and enhance the visuals of the movie, so you sometimes forget you are watching a 3D movie because the visual aesthetic works so well. All in all, if you are a fan of the first Tron, you will most likely like this film. Expand
  72. Dec 22, 2010
    I went into this movie with only high expectations for visual effects. I wasn't disappointed, and the story was pretty decent in my opinion. I'd recommend this movie to someone purely based on the stunning visuals and the cool soundtrack.
  73. Dec 30, 2010
    I can't say much without spoiling the whole movie so I won't. I will say the story is too simple and slightly confusing. The special effects aren't that great and Jeff's CGI face looks like a bad PS2 game especially when put next to real humans. The combat (ground and ship) is never satisfying or impressive, and the characters are all shallow and cliche.

There's literally nothing to see

There's literally nothing to see here that's enjoyable or hasn't been done to death. Very disappointing.
  74. Dec 17, 2010
    I LOVED this movie. I had to see it twice on opening day, in 2D and 3D. I can't for the life of me understand all the hate for this film? Did you see the original or did you simply catch the highlight reel? There is a story being told here, a very well told one. The only drawbacks to the movie are some 3D scenes aren't up to snuff and CLU in his representation isn't quite there, but stillI LOVED this movie. I had to see it twice on opening day, in 2D and 3D. I can't for the life of me understand all the hate for this film? Did you see the original or did you simply catch the highlight reel? There is a story being told here, a very well told one. The only drawbacks to the movie are some 3D scenes aren't up to snuff and CLU in his representation isn't quite there, but still effective for the character. On the same hand, some of the 3D effects are simply breathtaking! The opening sequence and lead up to the final sequence were amazingly well done. The story was clear and well told, filled with interesting and lovable characters (I dare you to not fall in love with Olivia Wilde). This film is a sight to behold and is a treat for the ears. See the original Tron first, as you should with any sequel. Easily one of the best movies to come out this year. Expand
  75. Dec 17, 2010
    Ignore the critics as clearly they don't know what they are talking about. TRON: Legacy isn't just spectacular effects and a fantastic thrill ride full of character and not a weak link to be found in the cast.
    Unless you hate sci-fi you should go see this film.
  76. Dec 18, 2010
    The critics can s*ck it. The movie was great. Great visual effects, good story and acting. Amazing score. It was definitely better than Avatar.
  77. jz3
    Dec 17, 2010
    After reading all of the negative reviews, I was surprised to find the movie to be AWESOME. It stays true to the original, while introducing enough new elements to, well, make it new.
  78. Dec 17, 2010
    I totally loved this movie. A great follow on from the classic film. The visuals are great, the sound is stunning with the music not being a separate layer - rather a integral part of the narrative. How this film has such a low rating is criminal. It really shows how far the "film critic" class is away from what real people love and want to see. If you want a fun, thrilling, great familyI totally loved this movie. A great follow on from the classic film. The visuals are great, the sound is stunning with the music not being a separate layer - rather a integral part of the narrative. How this film has such a low rating is criminal. It really shows how far the "film critic" class is away from what real people love and want to see. If you want a fun, thrilling, great family movie this Christmas i would say it's gonna be perfect for you. Just don't expect it to be full of loads of Freudian rubbish and metaphorical bull. ;) Expand
  79. Dec 17, 2010
    Despite some negative critic reviews, this film remarkable. To see it in IMAX format was breathtaking. The visuals are amazing. I felt immersed in the Gaming Grid. The musical cues are spot on and Daft Punk creates the atmosphere like no other. I'm certainly looking forward to the next 2 movies.
  80. Dec 18, 2010
    I can only say that if you want to see a movie with stunning visuals, a presentation of a new and fantastic world, a good cast and a decent story, I say go for it, but if you're the guy that sees a movie solely for moral messages, complex character development and a deep undertaking in the human mind, this isn't really a movie for you.

I enjoyed it greatly, and if you're just as geeky as

I enjoyed it greatly, and if you're just as geeky as I am about computers and worlds beyond the bonds of our own physics, you will too, I guarantee that.

For a longer and more thorough review, visit my blog at: darthsatoris blogspot com
  81. Jan 8, 2011
    I have this film kinda sucked. The story was weak and so was the script. Jeff bridges in this film, as his older Self doesn't seem to do much or no way near as much as the first anyway. His CGI self, although much more involved, doesn't look great as his cold dead eyes distracts you from the films otherwise spectacular visuals. I seriously think that the only good thing was Olivia Wilde.I have this film kinda sucked. The story was weak and so was the script. Jeff bridges in this film, as his older Self doesn't seem to do much or no way near as much as the first anyway. His CGI self, although much more involved, doesn't look great as his cold dead eyes distracts you from the films otherwise spectacular visuals. I seriously think that the only good thing was Olivia Wilde. But seriously Disney, if your going to make another one, improve on the story! Expand
  82. Dec 17, 2010
    I saw this at midnight showing last night and I was blown away. I was worried that it was going to suck but I kept my expectations in check and I was not dissapointed at all. It really was a good story. Its deeper than these crtics realize i guess because they were too distracted by the amazing visuals. If you like a good action movie with a good story and an amazing soundtrack you shouldI saw this at midnight showing last night and I was blown away. I was worried that it was going to suck but I kept my expectations in check and I was not dissapointed at all. It really was a good story. Its deeper than these crtics realize i guess because they were too distracted by the amazing visuals. If you like a good action movie with a good story and an amazing soundtrack you should see this. Also there is no other way to see this movie but in IMAX. Please don't see it any other way. Can't wait to get it on bluray. Expand
  83. Sio
    Dec 17, 2010
    Once again, "professional" critics are off the mark. WAY off! This movie was very entertaining and the music was perfect for it. It was beautiful, in fact. One critic said they "forgot to tell a story"...I say he forgot to pay attention. Another said the music "lacked rhythm"...to that I say TRON wasn't a dance party, it was a life-or-death struggle. The music reflected danger, fear,Once again, "professional" critics are off the mark. WAY off! This movie was very entertaining and the music was perfect for it. It was beautiful, in fact. One critic said they "forgot to tell a story"...I say he forgot to pay attention. Another said the music "lacked rhythm"...to that I say TRON wasn't a dance party, it was a life-or-death struggle. The music reflected danger, fear, and the ultimate victory that the movie was all about. Users have spoken: this was a great film and it deserves recognition. Expand
  84. Dec 17, 2010
    The critics can't seem to make up their minds with what they wanted this movie to be. I've seen complaints that it wasn't light-hearted enough just as often as I've seen people suggesting it could have dealt more with the complex problems of digital culture today.
    I don't think Legacy is trying to be either of those things. I think it's some really high-end fan service for the people who loved the original, and a really beautiful 3D experience for newbies with an interest in technology.
    Sure they didn't exploit everything they could have with the advancements in computing since 1982, but I think that would have been distracting and made the movie much too heavy. Sure, there's room for an epic story told like what critics wanted Tron to be, but that's not what I wanted and that's not really what was advertised.
    We got what we were promised. High tech, sexy, 3-D action with some likable characters, pretty women, and an awesome soundtrack.

No, it's not the best movie of all time, but it's a good one, and a damn fun ride. I gave it a ten on here to try and even things out, because it deserves more than the 51/100 the critics gave. It's at least a solid 80.
  85. Dec 17, 2010
    Wow. The visuals were great but that's about it. The dialog is so bad it feels like they found TRON fanfiction online and decided to run with it as a script. At one point, a very zealous security guard chases the main character to the very top of a sky scraper, and greets him with, "Hey! didn't anyone ever tell you that stealing is wrong!"
    I chuckled - thinking it was supposed to be
    I chuckled - thinking it was supposed to be funny in an off-beat 90's-action-film hipster way; then the movie went on and i realize that it wasn't a joke, it was the dialog's ceiling of creativity.

The actor who plays the main character is so devoid of emotional inflection in his speaking, it's like he's never actually talked to another person in his life and is basing his role on what he's heard human communication is like. The girl from house is pretty good actress, but the real Jeff Bridges is the only ceaselessly good actor in the whole movie. The young, CGI, beowulf version of Bridges bizarrely falls far into the uncanny valley. His plastic artificialness is most apparent during a "rousing" speech he gives, during which it's noticeable that his face never creases when he talks, and his lips don't sync up with his words.

Also, what was up with Cillian Murphy at the beginning playing a shady member of the board who's implied to be behind the leak of ENCOM's OS, only to never be seen again for the rest of the movie?
    And why's it called TRON when you only "see" him (helmet) for a total of maybe 28 seconds in the whole movie? The user score really shames me that a country, once the intellectual leader of the world, is full of so many people who think movies are only about special effects. I give it a 1 just for how visually impressive it was, but hopefully next time they put as much time and money into finding a good screen writer and set of actors as they did into making Sam Flynn's clothes all sparkly.
  86. Dec 17, 2010
    Is this what we've become? Applauding a less than mediocre attempt to jumpstart our childhoods? Sorry, this is just a bad movie. Sure, it winks at the original. Sure, the dude is cool. Sure, it's very very pretty to look at. But, what do you walk away with? What motivation is there for more? As bit would say: Nonononononono! Bad script. Boring for about 85%. I walked out sad. The lightIs this what we've become? Applauding a less than mediocre attempt to jumpstart our childhoods? Sorry, this is just a bad movie. Sure, it winks at the original. Sure, the dude is cool. Sure, it's very very pretty to look at. But, what do you walk away with? What motivation is there for more? As bit would say: Nonononononono! Bad script. Boring for about 85%. I walked out sad. The light cycle match was beautiful. Stay for that, then just go. The critics are right.......and I hate critics. Expand
  87. Dec 18, 2010
    Stunning visuals, complete eye candy! Tron script won't win the Pulitzer Prize but amazing 3D experience. Good family fun during the holiday season for all of us.
  88. Dec 18, 2010
    This film was terrible. It was worse than the origional. at least the origional had a story and plot, much like the new star wars films. Like why did they keep the disks on there backs where there easy to steal........also if the army went through the portal they would all end up in a small room which would cause the world to implode.......

To sum up if you want to see a good film dont

To sum up if you want to see a good film dont see this...see never back down. that film is amazing and well deserved its oscar.
  89. Dec 19, 2010
    Come on! What are you guys talking about... the movie was great. It's TRON. The goal of movies like this is to be epic, beautiful, and other worldly - The complexity is in the visuals, the story is there to move you through them. Any special effects fan will love this film!
  90. Dec 18, 2010
    Tron was both visually appealing and emotionally capturing. I loved the father / son story. I thought all three lead actors did great - Bridges was particularly engaging. Wilde was fun and in-character. Content was kept at a good PG level, which I appreciate in an adventure film. The 3D IMAX experience was a great choice for this movie, and a lot of fun viewing. I'll see it again andTron was both visually appealing and emotionally capturing. I loved the father / son story. I thought all three lead actors did great - Bridges was particularly engaging. Wilde was fun and in-character. Content was kept at a good PG level, which I appreciate in an adventure film. The 3D IMAX experience was a great choice for this movie, and a lot of fun viewing. I'll see it again and I recommend it! Expand
  91. Dec 18, 2010
    First of all, movies are meant to be enjoyed, not dissected and picked apart like some puzzle or algorithm. Tron Legacy is a Family friendly movie with keen aesthetics and balance. This story had a simple premise comprised of multiple intellectual thoughts. As this Film is clean and neat with the thought of the "what if" scenario that tries to answer as much as it can while posing more toFirst of all, movies are meant to be enjoyed, not dissected and picked apart like some puzzle or algorithm. Tron Legacy is a Family friendly movie with keen aesthetics and balance. This story had a simple premise comprised of multiple intellectual thoughts. As this Film is clean and neat with the thought of the "what if" scenario that tries to answer as much as it can while posing more to be questioned all amidst the impending fate. As far as technology goes, what else can we expect to see other than what we know in a more polished state with the aesthetic depth and crisp 3D? This movie is easy to see, great to enjoy at various levels and with a good musical backdrop and follow through. My wife who is not as technologically inclined enjoyed the movie and loved the music. You don't have to be a Nerd, Psychologist, Scientist, Hacker, or any other stereotype to enjoy this great film, that we the viewers did not have a hand in making, so by all means if anyone can do better... all said and done we were left satisfied and understood the many levels of intellect of the feature film. For those that liked the first, will no doubt enjoy this re-envisioned remake sequel that does exactly what it is supposed to in an adventure. spoilers..... spoilers

For those that doubted the resolutions and postulated questions, it is all right in front of you. Flynn after seeing the iso's form their self consciousness is taken back to the realm of possibilities from this self born AI thus leaving Clu to form feelings of jealousy, since he was bred from Flynn's own self. Then when the cu is formed Flynn is thus seen as unfit and imperfect since he went back on a perceived promise made and then Clu fights for his own perceived place on the grid by genocide on the iso's. When flynn sees that he is far from the portal and removes himself from the grid and by his own right creates a sanctuary where he finds quorra, the last surviving iso and takes her in and fills her with the knowledge he had transported over time from earth all while seeing that in his attempts to fight back at clu he only created more artifacts, which after being destroyed and re-purposed, were used by clu to continue taking control over the grid. Thus this is why Flynn went into hiding and stopped creating from within. This leads clu to his course of actions on him not being satisfied with controlling the grid and watching the programs fight to death (derezolution), but leaving him wanting to get out and populate beyond the confines of the grid. Clu dissatisfied attempts to recontact those who created both the MCP and the Grid to see if he can get a way to change the game, and then the main action of the story continues. so with that said and done, talk about religion and faith, and selflessness and why the grid did not grow more. to answer that, there was only one who could create and that was Flynn. More intent on getting the key disk now are we? Go enjoy the movie, no need to dissect.
  92. Dec 19, 2010
    Overall disappointing. Amazing CG and music. OK 3D effect. Unfortunately, simpleminded "for 6 year olds" plotting and movie grinds to a halt several time for droning "backstory/exposition" dialogue. Certainly not a strong story to go with the pretty visuals. Jeff Bridges is wasted.
  93. LE_
    Dec 20, 2010
    I struggled with the score for this movie. Should I give it a 9 b/c I really liked the movie, or should I give it a 2 because I was felt ripped off by the 3D upcharge that WAS NOT worth it? I paid $7 extra to see it in 3D, but I was sorely disappointed to find out only a few scenes were actually shot in 3D. Sadly, there was more exciting 3D 2 minutes of previews before the movie, thanI struggled with the score for this movie. Should I give it a 9 b/c I really liked the movie, or should I give it a 2 because I was felt ripped off by the 3D upcharge that WAS NOT worth it? I paid $7 extra to see it in 3D, but I was sorely disappointed to find out only a few scenes were actually shot in 3D. Sadly, there was more exciting 3D 2 minutes of previews before the movie, than in the entire Tron movie.

Getting past that, I really liked this movie, the themes, and the art/graphics direction of the movie. Not the highest tech effects, but definitely well done.

The movie was a little confusing at points(especially, for non-Tron fans and non-Geeks), but overall, I was really happy with the movie and the ending was pretty good.
  94. Dec 19, 2010
    Hated it! The Tron movie absolutely stinks. I'm a real fan of science fiction movies like the matrix, inception, and avatar, but Tron did absolutely nothing for me with its unengaging storyline. The 3d visual effects were cool in the beginning but the movie had no emotional substance and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Don't waste your money on this clunker. Tron is a dud.
  95. Dec 19, 2010
    Great, Great, Great, Great movie. It's a work for the geeks, and jeff bridges fans. Cool style, actions was fantastic, I was even surprised that the acting wasn't as terrible as I expected! Bottom line is that if you willingly watched the first tron and enjoyed it you'll love this. If your looking for a cool action movie, you'll love this. If your looking for a great work of art or a trulyGreat, Great, Great, Great movie. It's a work for the geeks, and jeff bridges fans. Cool style, actions was fantastic, I was even surprised that the acting wasn't as terrible as I expected! Bottom line is that if you willingly watched the first tron and enjoyed it you'll love this. If your looking for a cool action movie, you'll love this. If your looking for a great work of art or a truly compelling story it will only be meh. Expand
  96. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie was great. My first "new generation" 3D movie and it delivered. Saw it in an IMAX theater and it was quite the experience, visuals were amazing and the story was good, not sure what movie some of the others are watching. It's an adventure flick, plain and simple, setting up a new world/franchise that I hope continues to grow and prosper. I heard a lot of the negative press andThis movie was great. My first "new generation" 3D movie and it delivered. Saw it in an IMAX theater and it was quite the experience, visuals were amazing and the story was good, not sure what movie some of the others are watching. It's an adventure flick, plain and simple, setting up a new world/franchise that I hope continues to grow and prosper. I heard a lot of the negative press and have to say I can't imagine why. Just sit back and enjoy the film, it's not a sermon no matter what some critics would have you believe. Who's paying them anyways, most seem to have no touch with what the public is looking for in terms of entertainment. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is fun, edgy, cool. It won't be a critic's choice, but It's better than typical Hollywood fluff. I hope they make a sequel, the story has been setup well for one. While this film has a good level of closure, there are plenty of options to take things further.
  98. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is an example of one that it's trailer was amazingly better than this. The trailer pumps you up, makes you want to see, feel and enjoy the action, but the end product disappoints.

The movie is visually stunning, the soundtrack is amazing, and some actors pull it off just fine (Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund, Olivia Wilde). The movie revs it up at the beginning, with the light

The movie revs it up at the beginning, with the light cycles and disk battles (which aren't seen again), but after that, it just trudges along with tons and tons of dialogue, light action, dialogue, dialogue, and boom, final action scenes. It could have cut some parts and made it a looooot shorter. Overall, it's a decent movie, but the story needed some more work to make it an amazing experience. Don't do drugs watching this movie.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.