7.1

1. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely a solid movie. People who were dedicated to the original film will most likely be disappointed, but lets face it folks. The original was nothing more that a cult phenomena. Its a good movie with a sub par plot but decent action sequences. The evolution of the like cycles is a needed advancement and really brought up the would feel. I enjoyed it and had a good time watching it.
  2. Jan 25, 2011
    The movie was a spectacular show with regards to its special effects. The story is however a bit off what would have been was for Disney to let another studio handle this to increase its action sequence and improve its script. What I can say was that this movie combined with Daft Punk's score made it a truly remarkable piece of work.
  3. Jan 24, 2011
    I think the critics underestimated the potential this movie has, not only is it good eye candy but it is also a good sequel to one of Disney's greatest live action sci-fi hits.
  4. Jan 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This isn't at any means a good movie. It fails in each aspect; the only positive of the movie are its special effects. Can't believe someone would give it anything more than a 4. It doesn't deserve nothing near it, as the script has nothing appealing and fails to get one's attention. The whole forced drama plot is preposterous and Olivia Wilde's character is just absurd. Kevin's horribly acted and seems to play God, (at least this is how Quorra seems to see him; her speech about Kevin was embarrassing.)

And then, there's a whole "good VS evil" thing going on, while the characters don't have any real depth and just lack charisma. One of the worst films I've seen in a while, as it's appeal is only visual (and the effects aren't as breathtaking as comments try to induce). It is kind of the new "Avatar": nice effects. Terrible script.

I seriously advice everyone to stay away of this one. I loved Jeff Bridges when he did The Big Lebowski, or when he did The Men Who Stare at Goats. But now despite his efforts there's no way I'm finding his character convincing nor real.

3/10, more like a 1/5.
  5. Jan 23, 2011
    When I first saw this movie, I absolutely loved it. But when I saw it again.......eh. I kinda like it, but there's so much wrong with it. The visuals were awesome, the action was cool, Jeff Bridges and Michael Sheen were good, and I loved the soundtrack. But the film's bad script, lazy plot, lack of explanation for most plot devices, mediocre acting asides from the two above (although it would be really hard to be good with this bad dialouge), bad pacing, and the ending kept it from being that good. Now, keep in mind, I'm not trying to be a snobbish critic. I can always love a good dumb popcorn flick. I mean, I love Transformers 2 and I really like Clash of the Titans and the A-Team. But the action, while cool, wasn't good enough to elevate it to that level of dumb popcorn flick, and the movie took itself way too seriously, It thought it was a Matrix or Inception level sci-fi masterpiece and it wasn't. But I do recommend it. Just see at a matinee, and only see it once. Expand
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Tron Legacy is far from a perfect movie. I found it to be a bit slow in some parts and the plot line is typical. However, the 3D and action are excellent, the characters are great, and the acting is solid. The film also has a solid conclusion. Tron is a movie that is worth checking out, especially with the cool 3D.
  7. Jan 20, 2011
    My personal favorite scene in thiz movie is the opening scene, where young Kevin Flynn was telling his son the story of inside The Grid, the digital frontier that expected to become true someday. In that scene, you could see for the first time the figure of young Jeff Bridges was created, the camera angle tried to distract our view by spinning the face direction. Only then when he stood in front of the room door, finally you would be able to see his face in full image. That was awesome. 61-year-old Jeff Bridges just looked like when he was starring in BLOWN AWAY (1994). Afterwards, the story revolves around the grown-up Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) receives a new clue about the disappearance of his father twenty years ago. His investigation ends up dragging himself into cyber-universe of his father computer system creation. Thiz is a sequel from the original movie, TRON in 1982. The Director is unknown Joseph Konsinski, thiz is his first feature film for big screen. I can see some weaknesses around the plot and unnecessary dialogue, particularly in the middle of the movie. However, the high concept of how they build a whole new neon-futuristic universe is fascinating, especially the bike and the car which are very dashing and impressive. I think all Casts look cool, but only in styles, not acting. The sexy skin-tight costumes on Quorra (Olivia Wilde) and Gem (Beau Garrett) are totally jaw-dropping. Michael Sheen transforms into some sort of David Bowie character as Zuse, the charismatic night-club owner, but it is still brief and empty element is attached to the story for overall. Some of the action scenes are boosted with great fusion of electronica tracks by Daft Punk. Do you notice that those French electronic DJ have also appeared in thiz movie? Where are they? In case, if you have missed it, they are the duo masked DJ at Zuse Club. I know that thiz movie is left with tons of unanswered questions, but personally I also enjoy a new whole concept of philosophies (just like in THE MATRIX (1999)). There are so many stuffs to think about. Why do we have to chase for the perfection? While it has already there, right in front of us all these times. Since the long a time ago, I was concerned that many of young people in thiz generation were wasting hundred of hours by playing video games, while there were so many things more worth doing. Kevin Flynn is right! The only way to win thiz game is not to play it. These whole things are not just about User Vs. Program, Tron Vs. Clue, Blue Vs. Orange, or The Evil-side Vs. The Good-side. The movie simply reminds us, the biggest enemy is none others than ourself.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  8. Jan 20, 2011
    This was Great contrary to what the critic's say TRON is everything that could have been expected from a sequel and even more, Jeff Bridges retains his Flynn character masterfully and the updated technology in cinema and CGI helps set this as a masterpeice... On a side note what really blowed me away was the Amazing score by Electronica duo DAFT PUNK, the robot pair set up an amazing soundtrack mixing electro with orchestral music Expand
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    If you were expecting a thought provoking and intensely deep and mind blowing story, A) you went to the wrong movie B) Did you see the original Tron? Come on now... Really? You were expecting an incredible story?

What makes this movie good it: IT'S FUN. It's not about about a well developed story. I agree, there were some holes, and it was lacking in answers and it was extremely simple.
    But how crazy involved was the original Tron? Not so much. The characters were decent, not great, again they didn't add massive amounts of story to get you really feeling sympathetic towards them, but they were different and fun.

What makes Tron: Legacy good is its atmosphere. The music is incredible. Daft Punk absolutely blew my mind. When "Son of Flynn" start playing while Sam was on his motorcycle towards the opening, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, my eyes widened, and my jaw dropped to the ground. I fell in love with the score right away. Obviously if you don't like electronic music (with very obvious classical influences and basis), you may not have a very good taste in music, but hey, who am I to judge.

Second, the "light" of the entire movie was gorgeous. The costuming and character make-up was so well created that it was obvious how much time and effort they put into the physical appearance of the characters. Lights, buildings, clothing, even the ambient mountains, oceans, fireworks, and overall background had the electronic and mathematical precision and feel of a computer. You felt like you were there.

Thirdly, and finally my last major point, the action was fantastic. For true Tron fans, getting to see the light cycles in a whole new light (pun intended) was absolutely stunning. The disc battles made you feel like you were watching a deadly gymnastics competition. Even the scene with the planes trailing light ribbons was beautiful.

And again, if you had scene the original tron you would have gotten many of the Easter Egg lines and nods to the original movie making it feel even more heart warming after being a fan for so long.

So yes, it was an incredible movie. Yes it had it's problems. But in the end, I felt like I had watch the sequel to the original Tron. I fell in love with the music and the atmosphere. I didn't want the movie to end.

Go see it, but see it for fun.
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    A bit of a disappointment for me. While visually stunning and with incredible music, the tempo is uneven and the movie is sometimes boring. But at least a few truly incredible parts, bring this movie to 7/10 for me.
  11. Jan 11, 2011
    TRON: Legacy was an absolutly amazing science fiction movie of all time! It is this year's Avatar or better! The effects were dazzeling, the music was awesome, and everything was just great! Though, the storyline wasnt that great, but other than that TRON: Legacy did deliver a great performance for all of us.
  12. Jan 10, 2011
    Now this movie is hard for a critic like myself because the story is pretty poor... but the graphic features are good, the cast is great and i don't see why I have to have a negative comment.
  13. Jan 9, 2011
    Certainly it lacks strong characters but I'd risk to say Olivia Wilde's performance as an 'app' is somehow praise-worth. I enjoyed. The highlights are the visual effects --the colors combination fits the virtual environment and takes you into it -- and the soundtrack. Never would expect to like Daft Punk.
  14. Jan 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed it. It's visually spectacular and has an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. Can't wait for more! Is it going to win Oscars for story and acting? Probably not. Will it win for special effects? It's got a shot.
  15. Jan 9, 2011
    The Tron Legacy maybe not a matrix caliber film, but even it is a breathtaking masterpiece with unique design and incredible spectacle. The music is clearly one of the best soundtrack. Simply phenomenal. A good hint, if you can watch it in 3D!
  16. Jan 9, 2011
    That was the worst movie of the year I could barely sit through it.The storyline was awful so they try to make up for it with special effects.they try to wow you with 3D which wasnt so special because every movie has that now.Do yourself a favour and dont see this film
  17. Jan 8, 2011
    I have this film kinda sucked. The story was weak and so was the script. Jeff bridges in this film, as his older Self doesn't seem to do much or no way near as much as the first anyway. His CGI self, although much more involved, doesn't look great as his cold dead eyes distracts you from the films otherwise spectacular visuals. I seriously think that the only good thing was Olivia Wilde. But seriously Disney, if your going to make another one, improve on the story! Expand
  18. Jan 8, 2011
    Underrated! This is the type of film that bulds a strong cult following despite negative reviews. There are some plot holes, but really, nothing that hurts the story and nothing you could think of for an explanation as to why something happened.

I wonder why this movie was hated and really the movie itself was made for lovers of Tron. Although the family I saw it with loved it, they were
    confused as to who was who. Perhaps there is a cultural gap. Either way, there was no major flaw to me in this film. Lovely story, despite all the hatred towards it, a soundtrack worthy of the Oscar but will more than likely not even get the nomination due to the artists who made it, beautiful visuals, as much as people will hate to admit, film is a visual medium and without great cinematography or wonderful art direction, other films risk bleeding into each other, Tron Legacy excels just as it did in the original and will be fondly remembered because of it, and one more thing, the performances. Not a single bad performance in the bunch, everyone delivers in their own way. Director Joseph Kosinski has a great future ahead of him. He might have to make the average drama in order for people to realize it, but the man has great potential in hollywood and I hope he gets the chance to make one more film as it was intended. Expand
  19. Jan 7, 2011
    Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics, which with 25+ years-later technology available, I would certainly expect, and dumb-down (while simultaneously backslapping the heart) the concept that was so pioneering that it was better left alone. Unfortunately, in between weak, watered-down action scenes, we get elementary dialogue, poor acting and way too many messages about why building the perfect digital world has made us neglect and forget the perfect world in which we already live. To top it off, we have a techie-gone-hippie Kevin Flynn, played by a tepid performance by Jeff Bridges who can't help but occasionally morph into "The Dude." Sure, we all change as we get older. And, absolutely, we come to appreciate the world around us more as we increase with age, but this movie needed a Wachowski Brothers-like approach to the action and deep theme in order to warrant any serious consideration. Instead it was written by people who have spent more time on CW teen dramas than anything of technical substance. If you haven't seen it and love the first one, don't waste your time or memories on Tron Legacy. Expand
  20. Jan 7, 2011
    Deriving from an understandable desire to become free beings, humanoid computer programs turn against their users/creators. However, the way they intend to achieve their freedom is morally problematic. The programs' uprising is lead by a dictatorship that is already responsible for a genocide of an alien race with the purpose to get rid of "imperfection". The movie then tries to convey that the idea of perfection is often misunderstood. It claims perfection is the diversity and asymmetry appearing in nature, and therefore condemns the idea that perfection is found in geometry. This hints at the idea that geometry really is only an approximate description/a simplification of the unique wonders of the real world that helps our limited minds try to understand life. Unfortunately, most of this critical thought is not elaborated in the movie and gets lost in special effects. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2011
    TRON Legacy... well I honestly didn't expect an innovative story like Inception from the trailer, and that's what I got. Its not garbage, but not anything we haven't seen 100 times already. Audio is amazing, visuals are good, but 3D is NOT as strong as it should be, I believe they could have at least put a little more effort into it. My recommendation is to go 2D if you see it. But all that aside, TRON Legacy is GOOD. You will get entertainment out of it, and it is worth your attention. Expand
  22. Jan 6, 2011
    After more than a decade, another TRON movie was released. Did it make the fans happy ? Yes ! But I didn't saw the old TRON Movie (1982) so I was kinda amused. That does mean that you have to see the old one to like this one. The visual effects were outstanding. The disc trowing battle was bad-ass, I wanted to see more of that. Sometimes, especially at the end, it had those moments were it touches you. TRON : Legacy was kinda shallow, but it was a cool, hardcore movie, with hot chicks (Olivia Wilde). Still, this movie may not be for everybody. Expand
  23. Jan 6, 2011
    I don't know why this movie got such a bad critic score, but i loved this movie, it is one of my new favorite movies, i even paid to see it in 3d Twice, and i normally will only go see movies if i have a coupon or get in free. The music is awesome, i even downloaded the Daft punk album! lots of action great storyline, and Olivia Wilde is Strangly extremely attractive :p
  24. Jan 6, 2011
    This movie is pretty much awesome, don't freakin listen to the critics! It's an amazing audio/visual experience that will definitely blow your mind!! The acting is great, the directing is great and i was pretty stunned when i saw it was made from a non-famous director. The music score... all i can say is that after i saw the movie i was in youtube for hours listening to the soundtrack.
    About the story... i don't get it, how can some ppl say it lacks in story (ofc it's not "silence of the lambs" or "shutter island") but i guess ur mind was blacked out from the visual awesomeness and u didn't really pay attention to the film (poor IQ).
  25. Jan 6, 2011
    SERIOUSLY ignore then hate bandwagon that's rolling along (it seems it cool to hate this film) and go see a damn good action movie. Obviously my score gets a +1 as it was IMAX but still think it was great.
  26. Jan 5, 2011
    Tron is such an amazing movie. I found pure perfection in it's overall story line. Long movie, however it was so entertaining throughout the entire movie there was never a boring part especially with all of it's amazing scenes graphics. not one thing looked fake or cheesy. I give this movie a 10 easily! must see dont hesitate!!!!!
  27. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    i enjoyed this movie, the 3D really made the difference, even thou im not a real fan of tron i enjoyed this movie, the actors are good at best, the storyline to me could"ve been better but still a good movie
  28. Jan 5, 2011
    Why must we analyze movies to death all the time. The best movies allow people to escape for a couple of hours, to immerse you in compelling stories or worlds never seen before. I grew up watching the original, intrigued by the vehicles and characters in the Grid. I always hoped a sequel would be made. Well after all these years, the second was definitely worth the wait. The artists created an amazingly beautiful world and for 2 hours, you are immersed in Sam's journey. Truly amazing visuals mixed with an amazing soundtrack by Daft Punk. A must see in 3D! Expand
  29. Jan 4, 2011
    weak. weak weak weak. nothing surprised me or stopped me from almost taking a mid movie nap. had to keep shoving popcorn in my mouth to stay awake. fight scenes were pretty cool, but storyline was generic, just disney once again taking a possible awesome movie and making it an average piece of sh@#.
  30. Jan 4, 2011
    This was so bad that I would have walked out of it if I had been by myself. The dialog and the characters were ABYSMAL and there was absolutely nothing special about the special effects. I can't Jeff bridges agreed to this complete crap-fest.
  31. Jan 4, 2011
    I do not understand the negative reviews for this film because I LOVED it! I think that some people are forgetting who this film was made by and who it was made for. Of course the film isn't intense and or deeply intellectual it was made byt he Disney company for ALL AGES. I am a college student and went to the film with my boyfriend who is also in college and his twin brothers who are 13. All four of us enjoyed the movie and want to see it again. The visuals are breath-taking and the musical score is excellent. I wish that the critics would take a step back and reassess the movie as a whole instead of comparing it to movies which were made for completely different audiences and purposes. Expand
  32. Jan 3, 2011
    This movie was brilliant!!!The only thing i wanted was more at the end for example what happened to the company and how was the ISO adapting to life...
  33. Jan 3, 2011
    I guess the risk of making a sequel after almost 30 years is that people have expectations, and more than that their own interpretations of the original, and how a sequel should play out. I grew up with the first Tron, and went in expecting to be disappointed, but have to say Legacy might be one of the best, most intelligent sci-fi/fantasy movies I've seen in years. I don't think the story is lacking at all, in fact I think it's filled with a lot of subtle subtext rather than beat-you-over-the head preachiness you'd find in something like Avatar or The Matrix. Either way don't let the reviews turn you away, if nothing else the effects and music are top notch, and it's worth the ride. Expand
  34. Jan 2, 2011
    This movie was awesome!!!

Disney did a perfect job on the special effects and the fight scenes.

The music was amazing, Daft Punk are a excellent duo and fit the movie completely.

I saw it in Imax 3D and I was suprised because the sound is so loud, it made the chairs vibrate I was like "I felt that!!"

Super cool movie!
  35. Jan 1, 2011
    Great visual effects, production design, musical scoring. Nice story. Good actors and actresses. All I can say I am satisfied. Sometimes, we only see the effects but not the story. Good movie!
  36. Jan 1, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie so much!! great acting and visuals!!! I enjoyed watching Jeff Bridges young looks... amazing!! I hope the dvd com with the first movie
  37. Jan 1, 2011
    Tron Legacy is a great movie if you've seen the original. It's great special effects,acting,script,and action. My opinion is that you shouldn't see tron in 3D. It's a GREAT movie!!!!
  38. Jan 1, 2011
    This film is **** but for todays standard what film isn't?
    The almost cringeingly unoriginal story line is enough to make you want to leave, but I was with my friends and even the urgent need to piss wasn't enough to make me leave my seat at the North Finchley Vue this Friday. The plot is in shambles and Disney was going downhill. So why didn't I go to the toilet?
    Firstly I have no idea
    but it might have been something to do with the awe inspiring 3D Grapics or the bouncy techno from the dancefloor legends Daft Punk that is so hard to not listen to.

Going back to the plot, Flynn's son Sam goes after his missing father and stumbles across the old arcade
    which leads him to Tron World, he faces a series of challenging games and meets his Dad's old friend C.L.U.E, who has turned evil. One hell of a **** plot

Overall Im am a very disappointed 12 year old

not as good as the original, though still was enjoyable But altogether I am a reasonably disappointed 12 year old
  39. Jan 1, 2011
    OK, what the heck? Whats wrong with these critics!? This movie was AMAZING. I loved every thing about this movie. Great action. Great effects. Great actors. Love it. DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. WATCH IT.
  40. Jan 1, 2011
    Though not as well written as the original, this sequel was quite decent. The story was mediocre, but visuals and audio were spectacular. Definitely a must see for fans of the original.
  41. Dec 31, 2010
    Loved it! Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges are all fantastic in this movie. The music was great. The 3D effects were awesome. I definitely would recommend this movie.
  42. Dec 31, 2010
    Crap. Weak story, poor character development, and a dumb paint by numbers climax. The only thing that makes this worth seeing is the visuals and even they are merely okay. What a disappointment. Three of us where bored and ready to leave the theatre. Let's hope in another 20 years they do a better job of TRON 3. Even Jeff Bridges was boring in this one. Disney has had two cracks at this franchise and still haven't made a good movie. Call Pixar, Walt.

p.s. - Michael Sheen was the lone bright spot in an otherwise waste of effort.
    p.p.s. - Okay, the ladies looked wonderful too.
  43. Dec 30, 2010
    This movie is brilliant. Everything about but especially the visual effects and the soundtrack were quite FTW. And nickissortacool. I recommend this movie to everyone with eyes and ears.
  44. Dec 30, 2010
    Personally, I think a 49 is very undeserving. I walked into this film with fairly low expectations, and was wowed with almost everything. The acting was superb throughout the entire film, the CG was phenomenal (not CLU), the 3D was nice, and the story was very good. Don't trust the critics, go watch this movie for yourself. I'm sure you'll love it.
  45. Dec 30, 2010
    I can't say much without spoiling the whole movie so I won't. I will say the story is too simple and slightly confusing. The special effects aren't that great and Jeff's CGI face looks like a bad PS2 game especially when put next to real humans. The combat (ground and ship) is never satisfying or impressive, and the characters are all shallow and cliche.

There's literally nothing to see
    here that's enjoyable or hasn't been done to death. Very disappointing. Expand
  46. Dec 29, 2010
    It's like your usual guns and girls action movie... for a nerd. Everything from the light cycles to the disk throwing to aerial techno dog fights looks absolutely stunning and are truly the highlights of the movie. Everything else is forgettable. Acting is sub-par and the only memorable personality is that of Jeff Bridges who plays a mix of god and hippie. If you want a nice looking movie, I would suggest it but like others have said, it lacks a grabbing story. Expand
  47. Dec 29, 2010
    Visually stunning and comes with incredibly cool toys, Tron: Legacy still fell flat on the story and had a very dull script. The story is about the son of a virtual world designer (Garret Hedlund) goes looking for his father (Jeff Bridges) and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation, Clue (Jeff Bridges), turned bad and a unique ally who was born inside the digital domain of The Grid. Jeff Bridges played both the role of Kevin Flynn and Clue in this film. If you hadn't notice, they digitally rearranged his face so he'd look like a younger version of himself. Now talk about the 3D, sure the movie looked cool and all but the first thing popping up on the screen was "This film is not all in 3D, some of its parts will be in 2D since it is shot that way." Basically it meant the movie was converted at the end. There was not one scene that was meant for 3D that I can see. Although I loved the way the film looked and how cool the premise is, the 3D is laughable and the dialogue is annoying made Tron:Legacy fell short from its original. Expand
  48. Dec 29, 2010
    I'm old enough to have seen the first TRON in the theater so I have to admit, I walked in somewhat jaded and thinking it wouldn't likely be very good. I was actually pleasantly surprised. There was good chemistry with the actors and Olivia Wilde was an excellent addition to the cast. The technology and vehicles were also very well done.
  49. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tron Legacy: Sequel to the original which was released nearly 30 years ago. I myself haven't seen the original Tron film, so I can't say whether its a worthy sequel or whether it was worth the wait, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. The special effects were quite awesome and the film brilliantly made use of the IMAX 3D, and managed to give us some astounding graphics within the Grid. It's good that the film makes concessions to those that haven't seen Tron, by giving us a little backstory about the first film and how it ties into the second film. The lightcycles and light disk fights are the best parts of the movie, and there should've been more of that. The acting is quite good, all of the actors give great performances, especially Garret Hedlund as main character, Sam. Martin Sheen gives the best performance, as the vibrant and ecstatic bar owner Zeus, injecting charisma into every scene he's in. And Daft Punk get three cameos as DJs, changing the song when a fight breaks out. However, this isn't a perfect film. A number of the dialogue that comes from Sams mouth sounds quite cliched and the script isn't exactly oscar-worthy. It isn't exactly a surprise when Zeus betrays Sam to CLU and it seems pointless having Quorra send him there in the first place. And the final part in the grid where Flynn has CLU bond back with him makes you think "why wait until now to do that?". Also, de-aging Jeff Bridges doesn't exactly work, just making him seem video-gamey. Granted, it works for CLU, but doesn't really work for Flynn. All in all, I recommend this film. Just don't expect much of character development and go in expecting a dazzling visual for your eyes rather than for your mind Expand
  50. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Interesing movie, but it's a cliche, it doesnt give us something new and the music i expected more of Daft Punk, the only really good it's the visual effects but the don't know how to use in its totallity the 3D.... its only a movie that you can see in your room in a borin sunday afternoon. i hope my "critic" could help you for make a descicion to see it Expand
  51. Dec 28, 2010
    I'd say it is a good movie with a bad script for the main character. Luckily, he doesn't speak too much. The face animation for Jeff Bridges is horrible, though.
  52. JMB
    Dec 28, 2010
    "Sure it's not an Oscar-worthy, deep, intelluctual sci-fi masterpiece, but why should it be?"

No one said it had to be. That wasn't the problem with the movie, and if you read the reviews, you'd see the main complaint is the same as mine - this movie wasn't fun enough. Too much talking, not ENOUGH flair and flash. This movie didn't have to be deep, but for an action film it wasn't break
    neck, non-stop enough. When it did stop to talk about the plot (show, don't tell, dammit!) the film slowed to a screeching halt.

The visuals are pretty, if uncreative after a while. Teal and orange glow only last so long. Daft Punk's score was superb. All told, I can't say I regret paying five bucks for a ticket to see this (matinee prices FTW!), but I was definitely checking the time a bit too often for a sci-fi action flick..
  53. Dec 28, 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised by Tron: Legacy.
    First off, this movie has the best matched soundtrack in a very long time. Daft Punk do/does the music and it figuratively drives the film.
    The visual effects are very nice and help tell the story as opposed to overshadowing it.
    The acting was good and it was fun to see Bruce Boxleitner and Jeff Bridges back on The Grid.
    I also thought it was
    cool that there was a brief reference to the old MCP.
    There was plenty in this movie to create new TRON fans and enough bones tossed to old TRON fans to make them (me) feel acknowledged.
    I give it an 8/10.
    I think the movie could have been edited down to improve pacing and reduce the overall length of the film.
  54. Dec 27, 2010
    This movie is probably a 7, but I truly enjoyed it so went w/ an 8. A lot of things worked in this movie, first of all the soundtrack was awesome and worked w/ every scene to perfection. Second, the action was entertaining and memorizing to look at. I truly found this movie to be extremely entertaining, but maybe that's b/c i love anything sci-fi and techno. The only thing that didn't work was the computerized version of the younger Jeff Bridges (KLU). Just looked fake.. They might have been better off just using another actor there, but i like the idea of KLU being him. Really can't complain too much about this film. Could it have been smarter or had some better acting (Jeff Brigdes' son kind of lame), probably, but overall i was sucked into this movie. Expand
  55. Dec 27, 2010
    Really great film. Exciting, interesting, visually appealing, emotionally engaging, nostalgic, and modern. I'm seriously having trouble understanding where such negative reviews are coming from.
  56. Dec 27, 2010
    "Tron Legacy" is what you would call pure eye candy with a heavy visual twist much like "The Matrix"(1998) and "Inception"(2010) the only thing that separates these two films from Legacy is there deep rooted stories groundbreaking visuals, thought provoking premises and phenomenal scripts from there respective directors. This sequel of the 1982 cult classic is rather simple stuff the screenplay by Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis is dull with uninspired dialogue and a lack of real emotions. But what the screenplay lacks the sheer power of this visuals, action, story and the return of Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn greatly makes up for the lack of compelling dialogue in this film. First time director Joseph Kosinski and cinematographer Claudio Miranda do a bang up job bringing this visually lush world to life breathing life into a rather lifeless film and in the process creating a fantastical film that literally jumps out of the screen. "Tron Legacy" is a massive improvement on the original in both visuals and style what the original lacked this absorbing sequel makes up for it with a high octane, bold adventure that is ripped right from the world of TRON, this film may lack compelling dialogue but it has just enough intelligence, style, charm and just enough well written dialogue to save this from being a disaster "Tron Legacy " is a magical in the sense of its wonder and excitement, in its visuals and its at times emotional father son tale at the heart of this film. This film is not one of the years best and it is nowhere near as good as any other high gloss Science Fiction adventure such as "The Matrix" or "Inception" but "Tron Legacy" proves to be one of the years most enjoyable popcorn adventure flicks and one of the most enjoyable film of this holiday season. I loved every minute of this wildly entertaining film.

To watch this film you have to leave you inhibitions at the door, you have to leave logic at the door and just sit back and enjoy the ride, which is what I did. I just sat back and enjoyed this film for what it is flaws and all and trust me when I say this movie has a boatload of them. To save this film the embarrassment I am going to restrain from naming them. However, I will name one the plot; the plot of this film is so full of holes big enough that you could stuff the whole digital world into it. That is not the point of this film that is not why it was made. If this film was made to be "Inception,â
  57. Dec 27, 2010
    What a ride! This movie takes you off to another world and keeps you entertained from beginning to end. In my opinion there was no need to expand/review on old characters and plot as this is a sequel. This was a good move, leaving more time for showing off the beauty of this incredible world. If you've watched the first movie, you'll understand who flynn and alan are etc... The new characters were developed well. Music is absolutely perfect for the film and helps to transport you there. 10/10 for pure cyber punk entertainment. Expand
  58. Dec 27, 2010
    This was the worse film I've seen since "Splice" earlier this year. The four stars given are for the visuals - without them it is a one star film. Clearly this is not a good year for Science Fiction. The plot is SO slow and plodding, and the dialogue - well, you have to hear it to believe it. "Tron - What have you become?" - laughably bad. All of the money was spent on the visuals, certainly not on the script. I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges but his talent is wasted here. The visuals are great, and I saw it in 3D and it was one of the better films to use that technique, but I found myself looking at my watch at least three times hoping it would end. Everything is totally predictable, and borrows heavily from other Sci Fi movies. If they make any more of these films I hope they concentrate more on the script next time. Expand
  59. Dec 27, 2010
    Visuals: Fantastic. Writing, direction, acting, basically everything else: Awful. It was fun to look at, though. Jeff Bridges was good. Everyone else was terrible. Whoever wrote the screenplay should never write again.
  60. Dec 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Daft punk's soundtrack is outstanding, but is hard to think of any other reason to watch the movie. The visuals are great? Indeed they are. But you can't stand watching a whole movie only for its visuals, specially as they are the same in all the movie. It seems that the designers first created wonderful images, but then run out of ideas. Action sequences were not as entertaining as they should have been and the plot was developed terribly. There was never tension, and the audience never really connects with any character. Acting is good, though not great. Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett did a great job. Hedlund's Sam Flynn is however a soulless character; he acts as if he was a bored teenager playing videogames all the time. There was more humanity in Quorra, a 'program', than in Sam, the 'user'. Expand
  61. Dec 26, 2010
    This is a movie that goes beyond that which the "professional critics" expect out of movies. It provides an original (even though it's a sequel) movie-watching experience that does a good job of allowing the viewer to suspend disbelief. It's visuals are stunning, the soundtrack fits perfectly to the theme of the movie (a lot of techno and futuristic music), and the sound effects are enthralling and make you feel like you're really in a virtual and high-tech sci-fi world. There are plenty of action scenes that break up the boredom and monotony from which the original movie suffered. I did not see the movie in 3D (because i don't believe in using 3D tricks and gimmicks to overshadow lack of movie-making abilities). Therefore I have no comment on the quality of the 3D experience. However, knowing Disney's track record with quality movie-making, I'm sure they didn't disappoint (for those who are interested in that sort of thing). The only downside to the amazing visuals was the CGI Jeff Bridges. Though the technology that goes behind recreating human faces and emotions are getting better by the year, they still seem a ways away. The tones and colors of young Jeff Bridges' face were spot on, but he often seemed to lack that emotional and subtle quality that we are all honed in to detect. The story was more enthralling and dramatic than the original, but very predictable. Do yourself a favor and ignore the "professional critics." See this movie if you have an open mind, are a fan of sci-fi, and enjoy stunning visuals and enthralling music and sound effects. Expand
  62. Dec 26, 2010
    Its visuals are as stunning as its dialogue is awful. It is worth-seeing in a theater, especially in IMAX, to revel in its special effects and sound, but, my God, the dialogue is laughably bad. It also doesn't help that it's at least 30 minute too long, with an increasingly tiresome plot.
  63. Dec 25, 2010
    This is a very good movie, don't listen to the "49", it deserves over a 90. Enjoyable movie. I don't understand the negative reviews but it's a good movie and worth a check.
  64. Dec 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Oops." That's how the romantic puts it, when he realizes his grave miscalculation. Nobody will be looking for him. The weekend warrior is off the grid, and with his food and water supplies approaching near-depletion, the romantic finds himself suddenly full of regret. At the very least, he should have told his boss. The foolhardy rock climber is indeed between a rock and a hard place, just like Kevin Flynn(Jeff Bridges), who gets stuck between a floppy and a hard disk when the computer programmer misses the zero hour of the portal, leaving him trapped in cyberspace at least a 120 months. Oops. But he's no Aron Ralston, the lone wolf explorer(portrayed by James Franco in Danny Boyle's "127 Hours"), who made his peregrination to the outback without telling a soul, and almost paid the ultimate price, by an arm's length. The video game creator left behind tracks. Big ones. "Tron: Legacy" opens up in 1989, the last time that Sam will see his father as a child. On this last night, Kevin tells his son about the miracle: the grid, the digital frontier that he helped create with Clu and Tron(in other words: he, "himself", and Alan's avatar), so when the Encom CEO turns up missing, Sam(as well as Tron's "user", played by Bruce Boxleitner) should know where to start looking for him, but the time-condensing scenes that bridges the then and now, seems to indicate that during the intervening time, nobody entertained the possibility of the obvious, as to the senior Flynn's whereabouts. Is the boy an idiot? Talk about "sound and fury signifying nothing", in which Sam, left fatherless and without direction, grows up angry, sabotaging his dad's company on a yearly basis with some elaborate prank, when all the boy needed to do was conduct a canvassing of the his father's old haunts, which would have eventually led him to the video arcade, and a less-dramatic reunion. Finally, after learning from Alan(who knows about "the grid", too) about a page that the boy's guardian received from his father's office, Sam goes to Flynn's, perhaps for the first time in two decades(the electricity was never turned off), and at long last, discovers the secret room behind a coin-operated video game. So even though he's pushing thirty, Sam(Garrett Hedlund) gets to live every quarter-poppin' boy's fantasy back in 1982(to be Mario; to be Pac-Man; to be the man on the ostrich in Joust), when he infiltrates the electronic landscape and becomes one with the gaming light. How much better would "Tron: Legacy" be if Sam was younger? Most likely, a lot. By accident, though, his relatively advanced age works as a social commentary on the gaming industry's demographics, which, of course, includes Sam's lot, when in fact, video games probably started out as a child's preoccupation. Not surprisingly, the younger Flynn, with no discernible career plans ahead of him or family to speak of, essentially is still a kid, undergoing an extended adolescence. He has time to play Tron. Like its Steven Lisberger-directed predecessor, "Tron: Legacy" gets weighed down by a muddled story, ostensibly written by a human, yet seems more like the work of an Atari 2600(and the Sears knockoff), but unlike the original 1982 "Tron", the special effects aren't nearly distinct enough to offset the dearth of narrative wizardry. Despite being less elaborate than the latest in CGI technology, the spectacle created by Harrison Ellenshaw and Richard Taylor had the look of a video game, and was heavily invested with intellectual properties that the new effects flat-out lack. Whereas the light cycles and neon frisbee death match correlates nicely to the graphics in a coin-operated machine, its newfangled re-imaginings are too elaborate, not looking at all like something "God"(circa the 80s: the time period that Flynn was supposed to have invented this "new frontier") could have created. The effects should look like something a player could manipulate with a joystick. That's what made the original such a joy to behold. It looked playable. As a result , the two films don't seem connected, despite the presence of Jeff Bridges, whose Kevin Flynn resembles something straight out of a Samuel Beckett play, waiting for Sam like he does. When the two men meet, both father and son should be furious at each other, but an argument about the boy's tardiness would have emphasized the looming plot-hole, which presents itself loud and clear enough already during that long-ago bedtime story that the father imparts to his son. Expand
  65. Dec 24, 2010
    I loved this movie... I want more! Go see it.
  66. Dec 23, 2010
    Entertaining. Visually it's more pleasing than Avatar, from my perspective. Story wise it's also much more original - but still lacking. There was room in this TRON universe for more of a complicated story but instead this was a pretty stock storyline. It was still a fair movie though, and the visuals were nothing short of amazing. Would recommend it, you'll be glued to the screen most of the time. Except that at a few times the fast pace of the story and action seems to slow down, and there's corny lines. Other than that it's action packed. Expand
  67. Dec 23, 2010
    An absolute spectacle. Breathtaking, cinematic and inspired. The story is fairly weak (but fashionably Disney), and the dialogue a little forced ("Radical, man"), but the experience is far from disappointing. The musical score has an undeniably exciting leitmotif, and the fact that it was composed by first-timers Daft Punk really emphasises its brilliance.
  68. Dec 22, 2010
    This movie really did pay tribute to the original. I have been a fan sense the first one and this one is exactly in the same spirit. It is slow at times, fast paced at others as well as being visually and musically a landscape. The sound and sites are a treat, the story, while not perfect, is, when compared to the first, a perfect sequel. I can't wait to see if this series can ramp it up in following movies, or if it dies do to over critical inter-net snobbery. See the first one again, then go see this. You will not be disappointed and in the end that is why you bought the ticket and took the ride.

END OF LINE
  69. Dec 22, 2010
    Excellent the CGI is incredible and the soundtrack is pumping not the best film I've seen this year that was a toss up between Scott Pilgrim and Harry Potter but this is a close second if your a fan of the original i would definitely recommend checking this out. if not in the Cinema rent when the Blu-Ray comes out.
  70. Dec 22, 2010
    Dude, it's Tron man: people trapped in a video game, and digital elements of that game manifested as people. If you want that concept to be any deeper than Jeff Bridges' Buddhist Jedi Programmer Lebowski, then by all means skip this one. If you don't mind a neon stick world that derives almost all of its ideas from the Black Knight, Star Wars, the Matrix trilogy, and the first Tron--AND you think the idea of a light bike appearing out of thin air when a neon-rimmed program-sapien breaks a glowstick in two--then go see Tron and get your brain Daft Punked in 3D. Fact: Seeing Tron is a lot more fun than reading some socially confused movie critic's ten paragraphs about the Wikipedia version of Proust. Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2010
    I went into this movie with only high expectations for visual effects. I wasn't disappointed, and the story was pretty decent in my opinion. I'd recommend this movie to someone purely based on the stunning visuals and the cool soundtrack.
  72. Dec 22, 2010
    The movie didn't have to be 3D, because most of it wasn't, but the 3D scenes were nicely done and the digital visual world was pretty cool. The first half of the movie was somewhat intriguing and interesting. But the second half really hit a lull and didn't recover. The dialog was horrible and the characters dull, almost trite. Some of the story seem borrowed from Star Wars.

The visual
    effects and the first half was good to see in the theater in 3D, but I wouldn't want to rent it. Expand
  73. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are going to see this movie and are expecting lots of actoin then don't. but if you want too see the movie for the not so good anyway story then see it. but overall its really not that great of a movie. Expand
  74. Dec 21, 2010
    This film could have been this years "Star Trek", the stage was set. It had the dazzling effects but fell short due to Hedlunds weak performance and script that was originally designed to take the backseat when it was need to steer this film.
  75. Dec 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hmmm makes me wonder why some of the reviews are over analyzing this movie. The movie is near perfect in bringing TRON to today's audience. The acting was well done and the visual effects blew me away. I guess my only complaint is that I would of liked to have seen more of TRON (Bruce Boxleitner), but maybe in the next movie. Daft Punk really delivered in the muscial score...I hope this is not the last of Kevin Flynn...

Me: I have been a loyal fan of TRON since I was a kid, owned both TRON and Discs of TRON arcade machines, attended the 2000 E3 show to help promote TRON 2.0 the PC game with then rumors of Disney looking at scripts for a movie...I'm happy to say that I loved the film and it exceeded my expectations.

Disney really owes a lot to www.tron-sector.com, who helped keep TRON alive all these years..and here we are ;-)
  76. Dec 21, 2010
    This sequel to the cult classic puts the son of the original online adventurer (Jeff Bridges) in his father's "grid," an ultra-high-tech computer world. There are a couple of flashy races and the design is sleek and neon beautiful. There's also way too much talk and nonsense plot to drag the momentum to a standstillâ
  77. Dec 21, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is quite a solid film. The story and setting are so nuanced and quirky it keeps things fresh despite the numerous action scenes. Solid performances from the actors and a fantastic soundtrack inject meaning into a world crafted via Disney's heavy-handed application of CGI animation. Of course, the depth and complexity of Tron may not reach the heights of classic dramas but Tron sits comfortably among the other popcorn flicks playing at your local 12-screen and has a ton of fun besting them. Expand
  78. Dec 20, 2010
    This is no Oscar winning masterpiece, but I still enjoyed it even with it's flaws. The biggest gripe would have to be with the story but even with this it still made for entertaining watching. Very shallow character development and a story that seemed to awkwardly plod along to the start of the entry to the grid were things started to pick up Action sequences were spectacular and had me engaged through out. Very cool when watching full screen in an IMAX theatre. Jeff Bridges dialog had me cringing occasionally, but other than that I thought it was pretty enjoyable. So much so, I'm going watch it again this weekend. Expand
  79. Dec 20, 2010
    Not sure what the critics are talking about! Great movie, good acting, stunning visuals, fun soundtrack. If you like Avatar, you'll like Tron: Legacy.
  80. Dec 20, 2010
    As a fan of the first movie I was eager to see Tron legacy, but at the same time afraid that it wouldn't be all that great. Well, I'm happy to say that I was very pleased with what I saw. Ignore the critics; all they want are movies that pull your heartstrings and make you think. Those are good movies, but sometimes, I just want to watch a movie that takes me on a fun flight through imagination, and that's exactly what Tron legacy does. Expand
  81. Dec 20, 2010
    if you hate this you where expecting to much and was disappointed. and when Disney says 3d it doesn't mean sh*t poping in your face. it means they are trying to make the movie look like it has depth.
  82. Dec 20, 2010
    I know the critics are bashing this film and that makes me happy. That confirms to me mission accomplished by the producers and director. If they made a critical success that would mean they had dumbed it down to much and not played to the fan base that will truly make this the success it can be. I think they did it right, it gorgeous, it sticks to canon, and it tells a story.
  83. LE_
    Dec 20, 2010
    I struggled with the score for this movie. Should I give it a 9 b/c I really liked the movie, or should I give it a 2 because I was felt ripped off by the 3D upcharge that WAS NOT worth it? I paid $7 extra to see it in 3D, but I was sorely disappointed to find out only a few scenes were actually shot in 3D. Sadly, there was more exciting 3D 2 minutes of previews before the movie, than in the entire Tron movie.

Getting past that, I really liked this movie, the themes, and the art/graphics direction of the movie. Not the highest tech effects, but definitely well done.

The movie was a little confusing at points(especially, for non-Tron fans and non-Geeks), but overall, I was really happy with the movie and the ending was pretty good.
  84. Dec 20, 2010
    How can anybody not like this movie? If your argument is that it failed the original, revise your argument. This affectionate sequel paid sincere homage to its ground-breaking 80s predecessor, without being spoofy. It was clearly made with love by a director who is a much a fan of the original Tron as Chuck Bartowski is. The 3D is neither gimmicky or showy but serves to pull in the audience like they have been affected by the laser as well. This is complemented by the forwards/ backwards movement in the movie which made the whole thing feel like a fairground ride. Daft Punk's soundtrack was quite simply AWESOME. The electro sound adds to the cleaned-up 80s feel of the movie and it is just so fantastically LOUD that it contributes beautifully to the immersive and disorienting experience. It isn't just the soundtrack itself that makes the movie a musical feast: Kosinski uses sound wonderfully to frame each movement, scene and mood-change that the movie is reminiscent of his very clever commercials and game trailers. it becomes very clear how he landed this gig. I'm thinking in particular of the moment, in the club/ fight scene where Flynn appears looking like a scary Dalai Lama/ Santa Claus accompanied by a cacophony of spine-tingling techno magic. You have to see it! There are not enough good words to describe Jeff Bridge's performance as the now world (and grid) weary hacker Kevin Flynn so I will plump for these stellar and so so cool. Relative newcomer Garrett Hedlund is an excellent young protagonist. I expected him to somewhat irritating (like Hayden Christensen in Attack of the Clones) but he wasn't and brought a Mark Hamil-esque quality to the piece. I have heard so much criticism of the CG which brought CLU, Flynn's creation-turned-nemesis, to life. The criticism was that compared to the surrounding characters it didn't look quite right. These people seem to be forgetting that they are comparing CG to REAL PEOPLE. Any graphics that are not quite as good as flesh as blood must be pretty good really. Remember how awesome we all thought Beowulf was.....

The overall feel of the movie is irrefutably polished and exciting. It made feel like an 11 year boy (which is an achievement as I'm a woman, so have never been one. ) Those who feel the story should have been more complex should remember this film was brought to you by Disney, the studio responsible for Pirates of Caribbean and Snow White. Any critics who feel that it didn't live up to the original should probably go watch the original again.
  85. Dec 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gotta agree with the critics some on this. Probably better to watch on its own but with a title like Tron Legacy, they'd have to expect you may have seen the first one. It does not compare favorably in my opinion. I own the original Tron and love it. And this is not Tron. Too damn serious for one thing. I know the character was supposed to have heard all about the Grid from his dad's stories but he still should have inspired some sense of wonder at the place when he eventually gets in--Jeff Bridges did so much better in the original. And the visuals? The magic with the first Tron was that EVERYTHING was computer-generated. Here they have actual REAL models for the light-cycles and light-bikes. The movie was just as awkward as the dinner scene with newly reunited father and son. Cooked food? Hardcovers? In the digital realm? WTF? Some nice references to the old movie and 80's nostalgia. But it was all flash and no soul. The tech to create "young Jeff" was not as bad as it could have been. But, again, the original movie, everybody's face looked pale because of graphics not because of makeup, everybody's costume "seemed digitized" not like real tights, and whose bright idea was it to make "deresolution" look like glass breaking? There wasn't even the laser to "scan" Sam into the Grid. And no Cursor--the only nod to actual computer tech was some UNIX-looking (probably MacOS X) commands typed in. If this was an attempt at upgrading the Grid, it was mistaken. Do people expect a better, more visually complex Grid 20 years later? Yes, but they could have executed much better given that CGI today is light years ahead of where it was then. This movie supposedly continues where Tron left off and it does explore territory the original Tron didn't. But I would rather watch old Tron than new Tron. Although he was the best actor in the film, even Jeff seemed like he was more interested in making True Grit than this movie--it even comes off that way in his very few promotional appearances for it. The movie was eye-candy, but ultimately emotionless. Expand
  86. Dec 20, 2010
    Ok look you people are idiots, what do you expect when going to a movie entertainment not some deep thought provoking movie that will unravel the meaning of life of course not you go in there to watch a freekin movie. It's a moovie for peat sake. The graphics where amazing the acting was awesome the story line kept true to the tron legacy and the music was perfectly chosen. I sat through the hole two hours and while I was in the theater I completely lost track of time and if a movie can make you feel like that than it's a great movie. So I give tron legacy a million out of a million. And let me tell you people that get a kick out of making people feel bad feel bad for working hard on something well than you can suck my left nut and if you go into a movie theater to look for the meaning of life than you might as well kill yourself because the closet thing you'll ever find to the meaning of life is staring at you straight down the barrel of a gun. So screw you an tron legacy is an amazing movie no matter if you 10 or 100. Expand
  87. Dec 20, 2010
    I'm sorry that many people (and critics) don't understand that the whole point of going to the movies is to be entertained and to escape from reality for a while. TRON Legacy is wonderfully entertaining, visually stunning, and the story is engaging and plenty full of depth, despite what you may have heard. Also Jeff Bridges delivers an exceptional performance along side other strong actors. I will agree that the CGI on young Bridges looks out of place in the "real" world, but on the grid as the tragic antagonist CLU, It is entirely convincing that he exists. The villains are very interesting and at times I found myself rooting for them because of how cool and they are, especially Michael Sheen's fabulously despicable character. I never saw the first one nor was I born in the eighties, but I still thought this movie was fantastic, it doesn't just appeal to people in their thirties who want some nostalgia. Also, it's called TRON because the first one was called TRON and because calling it CLU, Light Cycles and Laser Frisbees, or Kevin Flynn and Company's Spacey Adventure on the Grid wouldn't be as catchy. I would give it a 12 out of 10 if I could because it was just that awesome of a spectacle and story of estrangement, betrayal, political symbolism, and self-sacrifice. Also, the soundtrack is top notch, I had my doubts at first when I heard Daft Punk was doing all the music, but it has one of the best scores of any movie that I have seen. Definitely see this movie, you will be surprised at how good it is. Expand
  88. Dec 19, 2010
    visuals were a billion times better than avatar and the soundtrack was unbelievable. exceeded my expectations in every way. critics are dumb, olivia wilde is a fricken babe, this movie was the best this year.
  89. Dec 19, 2010
    One of the most exciting, entertaining and visually pleasing movies I've ever seen. Along with the solid plot fidelity it's hands down one of the best movies I've seen in years.
  90. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is an example of one that it's trailer was amazingly better than this. The trailer pumps you up, makes you want to see, feel and enjoy the action, but the end product disappoints.

The movie is visually stunning, the soundtrack is amazing, and some actors pull it off just fine (Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund, Olivia Wilde).
    The movie revs it up at the beginning, with the light
    cycles and disk battles (which aren't seen again), but after that, it just trudges along with tons and tons of dialogue, light action, dialogue, dialogue, and boom, final action scenes. It could have cut some parts and made it a looooot shorter. Overall, it's a decent movie, but the story needed some more work to make it an amazing experience. Don't do drugs watching this movie. Expand
  91. Dec 19, 2010
    Great visual effects. Decent enough story for a film that is special effects focused. It starts off strong, but part way through I found the pacing becomes sluggish and disjointed at times.
  92. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is fun, edgy, cool. It won't be a critic's choice, but It's better than typical Hollywood fluff. I hope they make a sequel, the story has been setup well for one. While this film has a good level of closure, there are plenty of options to take things further.
  93. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie is amazing. Don't listen to the critics. Critics ruin all good movies out there with their know-it-all, snobby attitudes and biased bad reviews. It is in the spirit of the original film and isn't watered down.
  94. Dec 19, 2010
    This movie was great. My first "new generation" 3D movie and it delivered. Saw it in an IMAX theater and it was quite the experience, visuals were amazing and the story was good, not sure what movie some of the others are watching. It's an adventure flick, plain and simple, setting up a new world/franchise that I hope continues to grow and prosper. I heard a lot of the negative press and have to say I can't imagine why. Just sit back and enjoy the film, it's not a sermon no matter what some critics would have you believe. Who's paying them anyways, most seem to have no touch with what the public is looking for in terms of entertainment. Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2010
    Entertaining and fun. 3D was weak. Story was not weak at all, quite good for an action / sci-fi movie. I would recommend this to anyone who like sci-fi or hero movies. It's better than most.
  96. Dec 19, 2010
    Great, Great, Great, Great movie. It's a work for the geeks, and jeff bridges fans. Cool style, actions was fantastic, I was even surprised that the acting wasn't as terrible as I expected! Bottom line is that if you willingly watched the first tron and enjoyed it you'll love this. If your looking for a cool action movie, you'll love this. If your looking for a great work of art or a truly compelling story it will only be meh. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2010
    So um... this is tron. and daft punk created the whole soundtrack... with that information its got a 10 already. Its the most visually pleasing movie ive ever seen and its all backed up with a daft punk original soundtrack!!!!! now the story isnt all that great, but it isnt bad. If you have no idea what tron actually is that will take away abit from the movie. BUT if u like old videogames, if you like eye candy, if u like daft punk... GO SEE THIS MOVIE Expand
  98. Dec 19, 2010
    A good time at the movies, provided you don't expect Matrix 2 level techno-philosophy. This movie is bright lights moving fast and loud, the equivalent of cinematic fireworks. That's as much a knock as it is praise. See it in IMAX 3D or don't see it at all.
  99. Dec 19, 2010
    Tron: Legacy is a great film that entertains with a good story, nice acting, excellent music and sounds, and with a visual style that keeps your eyes glued to the screen. Overall this is a film full of Sci-Fi entertainment that would have expected since this film's first rumor.

This film is a interesting cross between the original Tron and the Matrix and the similarities are hard to miss.
    The blend is great. While maintaining that "Tron" atmosphere the addition of the "Matrix"-type world of characters and locations added a nice change of pace from the traditional in-a-data system-feel. It would have been great to see this explored further but where it settled with the plot of the story was fitting and comfortable. The Visuals and Audio was truly amazing. The classic tones of the Tron world enhanced with the Techno beats of Daft Punk was a perfect match with style.

The movie itself was strong with Jeff Bridges at the lead. The Computer animated Jeff Bridges needed to go through several more rounds of work but it was a decent attempt that could have just been avoided altogether. Nothing would've been wrong with a human antagonist. Most of the scenes did not look right but at least you could tell where the filmakers were going and that was enough to forgive.

The story was very traditional and could have easily been more epic but I gather it will be more for the planned Trilogy rather than during the reintroduction of the franchise in 20 years. Start strong and grow big.
  100. Dec 19, 2010
    For me, it scrapes a positive review. An average storyline is well covered up by the visual effects and soundtrack that this movies offers, if I was rating it based on that it would easily be a 10 but I'm not so it only gets a 6/10.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.