7.1

1. Dec 17, 2010
    Critics really are full of s*** sometimes. What a brilliant film this is! Fantastic visuals, great cast (I especially loved Olivia Wilde in this movie; her very innocent, good natured character was really cute and charming; and she was a truely awesome warrior in battle), amazing score. It was entertaining and epic; and isn't that what a movie is supposed to do? It also felt like a real tribute to the original Tron movie. Yes, the light cycles and suits were different, but it's the year 2010 now people. The 3D element was done to perfection, I especially liked how the movie starts in 2D in the real world and then shifts to 3D when Sam enters "The Grid", very clever. I enjoyed this movie so much I went to see it again today after seeing the midnight showing last night. It's a must see. Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    Despite some negative critic reviews, this film remarkable. To see it in IMAX format was breathtaking. The visuals are amazing. I felt immersed in the Gaming Grid. The musical cues are spot on and Daft Punk creates the atmosphere like no other. I'm certainly looking forward to the next 2 movies.
  3. Dec 17, 2010
    An absolutely marvelous film with breathtaking visuals and beautiful art direction. So much of the spirit of the original film is in this one with references for the fans of the first movie to smile with pride for understanding. My only complaints are: there is no Bit (loved Bit in the original) and the vintage lightcycle is a great sight and it's built up, but it gets next to no worthwhile screen time. Regardless of those complaints, it's a fantastic movie with plenty of geek fanfare and love for the fans of the original. The acting is strong, the writing sharp, and the soundtrack is undeniably awesome. I cannot recommend this film highly enough. Go see it! End of Line. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2010
    Amazing visuals, sound, and acting, and the plot ain't too bad either. I have never seen a movie that has had reviews that are so far off the truth about the movie. Tron will have you immersed in beautiful visuals and beautiful sound (thank you Daft Punk) and the plot easily outclasses other sci-fi blockbusters (*cough*Avatar*cough*).

See this movie.
  5. jz3
    Dec 17, 2010
    After reading all of the negative reviews, I was surprised to find the movie to be AWESOME. It stays true to the original, while introducing enough new elements to, well, make it new.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Dec 17, 2010
    When director Joseph Kosinski flips the switch on action, TRON: Legacy is entertaining enough. Especially in 3D IMAX, with a mega-audio system booming Deft Punk's droning Xbox-ready musical score, nearly drowning out the collisions.
  2. Reviewed by: John DeVore
    Dec 17, 2010
    Tron: Legacy will only be enjoyed by men in their thirties and early forties searching for a Proustian moment.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 17, 2010
    That's the culture we live in, where the once-proscribed Pleasure Principle has become iron law and where the recycled, bloated, fish-belly emptiness of something like TRON: Legacy carries boredom to extravagant new heights.