Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: September 21, 2012
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 86 Ratings
Watch Now
MarcDoyleSep 27, 2012
Below average fare. In the hands of a better writer and director, this could have been quirkier and more fun, but it just plods along. Clint doesn't pop, and Amy Adams is wasted.
BKMApr 10, 2013
At one point in Trouble with the Curve, Clint Eastwood's gruff, aging baseball scout tells his daughter (Amy Adams) that he can't change. It's the only honest moment in a film that is loaded with crowd pleasing resolutions that feel tooAt one point in Trouble with the Curve, Clint Eastwood's gruff, aging baseball scout tells his daughter (Amy Adams) that he can't change. It's the only honest moment in a film that is loaded with crowd pleasing resolutions that feel too contrived and an overly simplistic view that the old ways are the best. None of which would have mattered if the plot was a little more focused or the cast had managed to muster any genuine emotions. It's the baseball equivalent of a lazy fly ball to center field. Expand
BikerjamesSep 24, 2012
I'm a fan of Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and baseball so I decided to give this movie a shot. The story was extremely formulaic and predictable, but the actors give a solid performance. Clint basically plays the same curmudgeon he was inI'm a fan of Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and baseball so I decided to give this movie a shot. The story was extremely formulaic and predictable, but the actors give a solid performance. Clint basically plays the same curmudgeon he was in "Gran Torino". The way he treats his daughter is borderline cruel and not believable. Justin Timberlake is also not believable as an athlete and occasionally his "rap accent" is noticeable. I know he's not a rapper but still he talks like one. This is the first movie I've seen him in and his acting was passable, but I just didn't believe him as being an ex big league pitcher. He's too small. The ending was all tied up neatly in a pretty Hollywood bow. Every problem was resolved. Not quite original enough for me to recommend. Collapse
ZilcellDec 13, 2012
While a lot of the movie may be very predictable, I feel that a lot of praise should be given to the actors. Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, and Justin Timberlake make things really interesting.
dharmaJan 12, 2013
I do agree that Clint Eastwood is a legend. But Trouble with the Curve doesn't really stray from his usual 'formula' (i.e. grumpy Clint facing a situation that changes his life, etc) It has a strong supporting cast, but it is cliche drama atI do agree that Clint Eastwood is a legend. But Trouble with the Curve doesn't really stray from his usual 'formula' (i.e. grumpy Clint facing a situation that changes his life, etc) It has a strong supporting cast, but it is cliche drama at best. If you are a fan of his, you will enjoy this. Others will simply be bored. Expand
imthenoobDec 21, 2012
I think what ruined this film was the fact that the plot was so empty. There was no serious back story, No real dialogue between characters, It was just two hours of nothing. It's well acted, I give it that, and it's interesting but it has no depth.
csw12Dec 20, 2012
Trouble with the curve is a swing and miss. There were some funny lines throughout but the movie had the most predictable ending, that you can see coming from a mile away. Nothing special.
Trev29Dec 20, 2012
This movie was pretty uninteresting. It seemed like Clint was mumbling half the time, and Timberake's acting was horrible. It was enjoyable to some degree, but that isn't saying much.
ReelGOct 5, 2012
Check out these two OLD-school Hollywood veterans and see if they have Trouble with the Curve? They have a fresh perspective and smart, funny take on all things-film.
bob516Sep 3, 2013
I liked the performances of much of the cast. The storyline seemed serviceable but very predictable. Enjoyed the movie overall, but was not overly impressed.
SirNilesIVAug 24, 2015
I can normally watch, basically, any Eastwood movie; both directing, starring, or otherwise involved. But this movie....just...lacks...an identity. It feels ill-formed, the characters merely just reciting lines; and with Eastwood mysteriouslyI can normally watch, basically, any Eastwood movie; both directing, starring, or otherwise involved. But this movie....just...lacks...an identity. It feels ill-formed, the characters merely just reciting lines; and with Eastwood mysteriously losing his sight early in the movie, contrived. If you love Baseball and Eastwood, perhaps this is your movie. For me, I don't care for the Baseball, so it was not worth it. Expand