8.5

1. MegS.
    Mar 7, 2003
    "Do no fear death, fear an unlived life. You do not have to live forever, you just have to live" Great Movie!!
  2. AnnK.
    Dec 10, 2002
    Suprising but true, this movie made me cry! I bawled like a baby for an hour. Now all my friends think I am a softie. All and all I think it was an awesome movie! :):)
  3. MeggieB.
    Feb 27, 2003
    This was one of the best movies i've ever seen. It was such a cute movie! And it was so clean and wholesom. But be prepared to cry, cause the endings pretty sad. And guys, maybe don't see it, its kind of sappy and a definite chick flick.
  4. MelissaD.
    Mar 29, 2003
    This Movie was the best, I must relent on the charactors, as they all played beautiful roles, each fitted them perfectly. They all seemed Very extreme within this movie. this movie will change some lives in time. --Melissa
  5. Zack
    May 3, 2007
    The book and the movie are so different.... The struggles of living as a 10 year old and a 17 year old are completely different!!!! In my eyes in the movie Winnioe should have been 10. The book was excellent though. The book gets 10.
  6. MichelleP.
    Oct 12, 2002
    The word "corny" is written all over this film. Don't get me wrong, the cast was excellent. But this movie, compared to the book, is a waste of a movie. Skip the movie, and read the book instead. Or why not settle for a "typical Disney family film"?
  7. ChadS.
    Oct 14, 2002
    It's not "Suck Everlasting", but suck is the operative word whenever that unneeded voice-over grates over the soundtrack. Alexis Bledel's visage is no blank slate. Her eyes communicates enough wonder to render the narration redundant. Another bad choice was to cut away too frequently from Winnie and the Tucks. Are Sissy Spacek and William Hurt not capable enough actors to hold It's not "Suck Everlasting", but suck is the operative word whenever that unneeded voice-over grates over the soundtrack. Alexis Bledel's visage is no blank slate. Her eyes communicates enough wonder to render the narration redundant. Another bad choice was to cut away too frequently from Winnie and the Tucks. Are Sissy Spacek and William Hurt not capable enough actors to hold our interest? The best reason to see "Tuck Everlasting" is Alexis Bledel. Expand
  8. BridgetN.
    Oct 18, 2002
    This movie is romantic and yet has nothing to do with sex. This is one of those movies that your have to see again and again. Alexis Bledel is great along with the reast of the cast. This movie soars along. The love choices that Winnie Foster has to make in this movie is romanticly dramtic.
  9. DannyW.
    Oct 16, 2003
    Better than the book!
  10. AllisiyaS.
    Mar 19, 2003
    It was a great movie and really caught my attention. However, it wasn't the best one out there.
  11. lala
    Mar 29, 2003
    I loved it!
  12. CatyN.
    Mar 6, 2003
    I loved this movie. ok, so i'm a teenage girl and this movie does get gussy at times, but still i think anyone could love it. it's sooooo much better than the book and it has lots of Oscar-winning actors in it. besides, it made me cry and that like never happens. some people would say it's slow or too teenybopper, but i thought it was deep. it never left my mind for twoI loved this movie. ok, so i'm a teenage girl and this movie does get gussy at times, but still i think anyone could love it. it's sooooo much better than the book and it has lots of Oscar-winning actors in it. besides, it made me cry and that like never happens. some people would say it's slow or too teenybopper, but i thought it was deep. it never left my mind for two weeks. just give it a chance and go see it. you'll be glad you did. Expand
  13. AllieH.
    Feb 8, 2004
    It's gr8t! The movie & book! The only thing about it was that in the movie it's got all of this romantic stuff when the book isn't like that. That's really the only thing I would change. It's a very what you might say "magical" film. I think most anyone will like it! ( I'm 14 so you can take my word for it )
  14. RobM.
    Jun 2, 2004
    This movie shows the positive and negative sides of immortality. But this close knit family overcame and stay glued together forever. A remarkable movie for everyone.
  15. PhoebeY.
    Jan 9, 2007
    I thought that the movie was pretty good! Their scences of the past seem really real. It kinda followed the writing of the book, but well... not really. Anyways, I really liked it and enjoyed it!
  16. Sweetnsexyone
    Nov 2, 2002
    I didn't like the ending but JESSE is A HOTTTTIE i love him soo much and he played a great role.
  17. MeanieS.
    Nov 5, 2002
    I thought this movie sent a great message out to the people watching. It also mixed some action in with the romance so that it wasn't just a mushy gushy love story. It seemed much better than the book although both were great. I think this is the type of movie you could see over and over again without getting bored.
  18. MichelleY.
    Oct 16, 2002
    This movie was really romantic. I loved it! I actually think the movie is better than the book, but either one was great!!
  19. JillS.
    Oct 21, 2002
    Tuck Everlasting has a touching story line, and the actors/actresses chosen fit their parts perfectly, also, it includes some comedy as well. It expresses not only a whimsical romance, but a heavy, yet important moral. The audience leaves the theater cleansed, much like the audience of an ancient Greek theater. It was beautifully done, even better than I had expected it to be!
  20. Julie
    May 11, 2003
    I absolutely loved this movie! It was so sweet and Alexis Bledel And Jonathon Jackson we're terrific!
  21. Gabby
    Jan 29, 2004
    this movie was just awesome!!!jonathan jackson is sooo hott in this movie and alexis bledel was really good 2~this movie was interesting because it tells you a story about life and death, and i think that is an important message that should be brought up a lot.
  22. GregM
    Mar 13, 2005
    Great family film!
  23. SamP.
    Nov 11, 2002
    Sissy, Ben, William- :SMACK: Did i actually see you in this poor excuse for a movie??? I cant believe it! (if i may quote Jefferey Lieber and James V. Hart[their were 2 writers!]) U MUST B JOSHING ME!
  24. VeryDisappointed
    Nov 15, 2002
    You know, the book made you think a lot more than this movie did. I can't believe what Disney did. They turned a meaningful novel into a cheesy romance.
  25. Dec 11, 2014
    Fantastic book! It's was funny,sad, and a really good book! I like the plot of the book a lot and how the ending is shown! There is really good figurative language and it uses the 5 seances. The imagery is also good!

1. Carefully walks the fine line between paying homage to a classic and entertaining a modern audience.
  2. Depends on the magical for the inner workings of its story, and that might not suit viewers desirous of more concrete explanations. But, again, the movie seems just right for the viewers it aims to please.
    Unfortunately, Russell paces the film as if trying to demonstrate what eternity feels like. When the plot begs to move forward, the film keeps lingering over friendly fawns and long walks through the forest.