4.9

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Twilight is a boring teenager love story that comes as cheesy as they get. Love it or Hate it, majority will hate it. You will reflect after this movie felling ripped off and disappointed at the same time. Apart from the half interesting vampire story this will be the only thing keeping you from turning the movie off.
  2. Dec 28, 2013
    O. K. This movie is very bad. I didn't read the book, and I won't. I am not a hater, it was just so boring. Wanna know how to turned on teenagers are trying to get together? No, thank you. And this is not just boring it has a bad message.
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    "Twilight", which is the first movie in the series, is a dreadful way to start. The acting is wooden and the script and dialogue is unbearably bad and cheesy. This has to be one of the worst thriller romance film I've ever seen.
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    The overwhelming mediocrity of the first installment in the 'Twilight' franchise is an obvious result of the lackluster novel and the film's poor acting performances and cheesy direction.
  5. Oct 5, 2013
    can this chic twitch anymore? she looks like a crack addict in need of another "fix!" should've went with a better main character. Horrible cliche of a movie. I never even finished watching the flick....waste of time!!!
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    The bullsh*t that started 4 more years, and of course, 5 more "films" that caused distress and mental pain to many. Twilight is the reason people consistently complain that Hollywood is all Vampires and Zombies.
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    This whole movie is a a 14 year old girls wet dream with terrible acting! I really don't now what else to say other than this movie destroyed Vampires for me as now if I hear the word Vampire I will think of this terrible piece of crap.
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    silly and simple, Twilight brings a new version of Vampires.

Based on the work of a bad Twilight author can be better than the book, but it does not mean it's a good movie, full of holes not script the film holds you in very pathetic, with a low budget effects were not well made, the makeup was excessive, the cast not of the job, anyway Twilight is a movie that came to change the minds
    of women. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    Unfortunetly, I cannot use any offensive words that would directly insult the makers of this movie, so I will sugar coat this to the best of my ability. This film is Sublimely Horrible and Intentionally Tasteless. Read between the lines. All this movie proves is how to date a vampire. I mean come on now, when will that happen in life?
  10. May 24, 2013
    Yes, there are weak elements to this film, but I still find this film to be strangely watchable. It has sort of a Indie feel to it that I actually like. Not that bad of a film in all honesty.
  11. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie isn't terrible, just not very good. I found it incredibly boring and cheesy for no reason. If you enjoy romantic movies, only watch this if you're really bored :P
  12. Apr 14, 2013
    This movie I simply awful.
    The worst performance I've ever seen. Specially when two of them are talking.
    If I could I would ask Stephenie Meyer that does she even know what a vampire is?
    It's a shame...
  13. Apr 13, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actors can't save movie for crap. Overall, it's a terrible start to a saga from the "beloved book series. Expand
  14. Apr 5, 2013
    This movie begins very slow, they say notting and they just look into each other eyes. The action is good for a romance movie, but not good enough. This movie is not the worst but to not the best.
  15. Mar 25, 2013
    You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is, have pale skin. The effects are lazy,Im sure the book was better I didnt read it but they usually write better books then movies. If you want my advise if you a girl your probably gonna see it no matter what just to see shirtless Taylor or crappy love story, if your a guy your either going to see action (which isnt the best but isnt the worst), your girl dragged you there, you actually like it or you (excuse this but) gay. Expand
  16. Jan 24, 2013
    Perhaps the only movie in the Twilight Saga that I found bearable. It's nothing more than a bunch of mopey teens over dramatizing day to day life. The Vampire aspect really just feels like a forced plot device that could very well have been left out and really not had any impact on the "story". The acting is either bad to average, the script is cliched and has been a hundred times before. Although Shiny Vampires? That was ..... different. Stupid, but at least a slight attempt to do something creative. Overall: Zzzzzzzzzz........ Expand
  17. Jan 21, 2013
    Twilight is an extremely pathetic movie. A movie so riped of phoniest it is almost laughable. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue.
  18. Dec 20, 2012
    Is it diferent? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Dull? Yes. I would give this a 0 or maybe a 3, but it's my guilty pleasure. I enjoy bad movies. Also, Kristen Stewart is horrible as Bella.
  19. Dec 15, 2012
    One of the worst sagas ever made.
  20. Nov 26, 2012
    Oh God why? This movie is pathetic from start to finish. It's obvious that there's no artistic value involved in this and it was just made to make money but did it really have to be this bad?
  21. Nov 24, 2012
    I gave this movie a chance. I really did. But it just takes my intelligence, crushes it and stuff a cartload of dung into my brain. It felt like a mixture of cinematic rape, utter boredom and cringeworthy acting/sequences that make this the worst movie I've seen in a very long time. Twilight feels like a B-grade, made for TV movie, only that they managed to get a decent camera for the job. About the only half-decent component is the cinematography. Its definitely well shot. As for the main juice of the movie...you'd be wondering why on earth anyone would make this movie apart from milking the cash out of Tweens and their poor boyfriends. Apart from some supporting characters who have passable acting, the main characters lack the skill and aptitude to produce even an a line of dialogue that wont leave you cringing or in some cases, wishing you were dead so the torture would end. Tweens would defend this pile of excrement to their deaths and I say, feel free. The world can judge. And thankfully, most people who have a conscience would stray clear of this horror. Yes, tweens, there are a lot of females out there who hate/aren't give a fck about Twilight than there are those who would. Get that fact right. I am not even going do a review for the other sequels as I WRITE THIS AS A WARNING TO ALL: This is almost as bad as Batman & Robin and is universally claimed by critics who were not bribed by the producers as the worst movie franchise of the 21st century, if not in all of movie history. I literally felt my IQ drop by spades during the movie. Please, save yourself and avoid this. I saw this out of pure curiosity. Dont even try to do what I did. Its not worth it. Expand
  22. Nov 12, 2012
    It's puke-worthy performances and timid script get rid of all the potential this baby had. The producers knew an 'R' rating would make the box office numbers tumble. Good move financially. Bad move for the movie.
  23. Jul 3, 2012
    If someone could creat a great reboot of this, people who created movies better than the originals like The Amazing Spider Man and Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy i appreciate it. Kristen Stewart lacks some of Bella's elements and the movie looses the book's great transition unto screen.
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    My big deal with this movie is that look so cheap, is so amateur... Special mention for the Kristen Stweart and Robert Pattinson, they are very good at sucking acting. And overall is so boring... plane
  25. Jun 26, 2012
    terrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. ever since the original book was made, there has been nothing in the vampire genre besides vampire romances. and any movie that doesn't have them as a part of some relation ship puts them as a small, weak sub enemy. there is no Dracula-like vampires any more. so, in short what im saying is, thanks a lot twilight, i hate you Expand
  26. May 31, 2012
    I've seen a lot of poorly written garbage get mainstream attention before but this convoluted wet dream posing as a love story is too popular for me to let be. Okay, to be fair it IS technically a love story, it's just a bad one. The characters not only have close to zero personality to speak of, but the person you're intended to side with is all around, pretty damn sleasy. If I played a drinking game for how many people she manipulates or screws over, I'd be in a coma. Not only that but to my knowledge there are close to no consequences for her actions. A war between freaking vampires and werewolves could be going on, and still all the movies really care about is 'when the hell are they gonna do it'. -_- I will say this though, it's actually not many notches lower than most other romance movies, a lot of them have really odd priorities. Expand
  27. May 30, 2012
    I don't want to be mean or give extreme opinion toward a film, but for the twilight series I guess I break the role once. It is all about a chick falls in love with vampire, which doesn't even look as half as handsome as Leonardo Di Caprio, his face is whiter than MJ and yes you see the girl kisses a 500 years old vampire grandpa, but look like an 18 years old. Can anyone tell me what's the big deal in it? Expand
  28. May 22, 2012
    Bad acting, cheesy moments (super cheesy), lack of chemistry in love scenes and not having the true spirit of a true vampire is all I can say. You would not even classify this as a vampire movie because vampires in this movie are rarely drinking blood and rarely bites people. Overall, the film is boring and bad. They did redeem just a little bit in New Moon and Eclipse (from a score of 3 to 4).
  29. May 17, 2012
    I never see the worst cast. I read books( Twilight). I love that story, but when I see this film, I hate this film a see first 50 min. and I lost 50 min. of my life.
  30. Apr 27, 2012
    Only the moronic fan-girls would like this **** excuse of a vampire film via "Twilight." The only thing they worry about is loving that **** slutty excuse for a woman Bella and continue on sucking on Edward's dick. This should be called **** and the sequels should also called: **** Saga: Failing ever harder then 10,000 BC. At least 10k BC can do a better job then this waste of money.

Twilight will mesmerize its target audience, 16-year-old girls and their grandmothers. Their mothers know all too much about boys like this.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A disappointingly anemic tale of forbidden love that should satiate the pre-converted but will bewilder and underwhelm viewers who haven't devoured Stephenie Meyer's bestselling juvie chick-lit franchise.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    In the 17-million-copy land of "Twilight," the calling card isn't blood and fangs, but the exquisite, shimmering quiver of unconsummated first love. By that measure, the movie version gives really good swoon.