Twilight

4.9

1. Jan 21, 2013
    Twilight is an extremely pathetic movie. A movie so riped of phoniest it is almost laughable. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue.
  2. Apr 13, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actorsLet me just start off by saying, I knew this movie wasn't going to good one bit. Which honestly, is no surprise to me. But then again, this story isn't for teenage boys, it's for teenage girls. So if your a girl, you'll end up liking this movie. As far as the storyline goes its iffy, but when you put these characters in these situations, it just plumits into pure crap. Also, the actors can't save movie for crap. Overall, it's a terrible start to a saga from the "beloved book series. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    I hated the book, and the movie was no better than the book. I wish this series never existed at all. A vampire that shines? Seriously? What has the world come to?
  4. Jun 8, 2016
    'Twilight' is a tedious, dull and poor excuse for a "romantic" film, or just a film for that matter. The film, which is based off the novel written by Stephanie Meyer explores the relationship between a teenage girl, and a non-aging vampire and his reluctance to hurt her.

The characters we meet include Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) who is moving to a little town called Forks with her father Charlie (Billy Burke), she starts a new day at a new high school where she becomes friends with a group of fun, outgoing teenagers and they tell her everything she needs to know about the school and the people who attend. She sees a fellow classmate at biology named Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), and there are many scenes of him just awkwardly staring at her just because he is in love... or something to that effect.

Bella tries to understand why Edward is so uncomfortable to be around her, and why he is so reserved and withdrawn from everybody else, plus there is the suspicion of him disappearing from time to time without explanation.

One day, Edward does something extraordinary and Bella couldn't believe her eyes, she tries to get answers from Edward, but he refuses to, instead he tries to make out that she is crazy, but she researches what she can in order to get a better understanding. One day, Edward does give her an insight to his origins of being a vampire, and they begin to understand each other. Nobody else, apart from Bella, knows about Edward's origins, and it remains that way for now.

What makes this film bad is its slow pace, constant build-up to nothing, and the stiff performances, especially from our lead characters. The cinematography (by Elliot Davis) is also the least bit appealing to the eye. The constant pale colors and lack of anything visually appealing make this film dull, and almost lifeless. Nothing of remote interest seems to happen for a long period of time in this film. When something interesting does happen, my attention (and I'm sure many audience's attentions) already wandered off to the point where I just could not care anymore.

The film is devoid of interest, the characters are bland, the cinematography is dull, the story is lifeless and the film is uneven and disjointed. The editing (by Nancy Richardson) is also very choppy, there are many scenes at the beginning that feel like they don't add up to anything. The story gets messed to the point of delusion and I found myself to be uninterested in anything that was going on, the film tries to be romantic and sweeping, but what we get instead are many moments where the two lead characters just stare at each other in montages, it just isn't exciting.

Tedious, dull and lifeless.
  5. Mar 2, 2016
    Its hard to believe that so many people love this hunk of garbage. The diolauge is terrible, the story is garbage, and is probually the worst book to movie adaptation ever made. The characters are gay and boring as **** Plus I think this is probably just a stareing contest because I litterly saw alot of stareing. Like that dumb justin beiber movie, I was paid to watch this hunk of garbage,Its hard to believe that so many people love this hunk of garbage. The diolauge is terrible, the story is garbage, and is probually the worst book to movie adaptation ever made. The characters are gay and boring as **** Plus I think this is probably just a stareing contest because I litterly saw alot of stareing. Like that dumb justin beiber movie, I was paid to watch this hunk of garbage, no seriously i was paid. I dont know why, but so many people love this hunk of garbage. Expand
  6. Aug 10, 2014
    Twilight has laughable performances that are so bad they're almost good. It is unbelievably silly, but it is an atmospheric movie, with a directorial style and an excellent musical score.
  7. Mar 25, 2013
    You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is,You call it movie, I call it cliche love story for desperate girls who think they have a shot with Taylor Lautner. Nothing good here at all Im disapointed with Taylor and Kristen they did great movies as kids/pre-teens/teens like Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Catch That Kid, then an overly hyped love story between phony vampires who dont act like vampires one bit, the only thing they do is, have pale skin. The effects are lazy,Im sure the book was better I didnt read it but they usually write better books then movies. If you want my advise if you a girl your probably gonna see it no matter what just to see shirtless Taylor or crappy love story, if your a guy your either going to see action (which isnt the best but isnt the worst), your girl dragged you there, you actually like it or you (excuse this but) gay. Expand
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    The bullsh*t that started 4 more years, and of course, 5 more "films" that caused distress and mental pain to many. Twilight is the reason people consistently complain that Hollywood is all Vampires and Zombies.
  9. May 22, 2012
    Bad acting, cheesy moments (super cheesy), lack of chemistry in love scenes and not having the true spirit of a true vampire is all I can say. You would not even classify this as a vampire movie because vampires in this movie are rarely drinking blood and rarely bites people. Overall, the film is boring and bad. They did redeem just a little bit in New Moon and Eclipse (from a score of 3 to 4).
  10. Oct 13, 2010
    Do you enjoy deeply terrible movies with gaping plot holes, a horribly bland cast, an uninterresting premise and excruciatingly horrible writing? Then look no further than Twilight. Vampires shining has just earned Stephanie Meyer a place in hell. And the romance? Pah! Bella and Edward have as much chemistry as a rapist and his victim.
  11. Jan 24, 2011
    God, this movie is awful The acting is horrendous, the dialouge is terrible, the characters are underdeveloped, the directing is lazy, and anything I forgot to mention sucks too.
  12. Feb 24, 2011
    Worst dramatic/romantic movie I ever seen in my life. Kristen Stewart can't act for **** and everyone who tries to act is stupid and the concept of vampires being in daylight is dumb. Vampires are supposed to kill people not fall in love with them.
  13. Sep 15, 2014
    Não gostei nem um pouco. Tanto é que nem assisti os outros,só esse. A atuação é fraca,a história não tem nada de interessante e até os efeitos são ruins.
  14. Dec 15, 2011
    There is essentially nothing good about this film. It is created for a female audience who have read the book, of which similarities between the two can be found. Beyond the characters is the way they both flows, which is quite terribly. In addition, the film alone stands as a crime against cinema. The directing is lackluster at best (the 1 point given is because the cinematography wasThere is essentially nothing good about this film. It is created for a female audience who have read the book, of which similarities between the two can be found. Beyond the characters is the way they both flows, which is quite terribly. In addition, the film alone stands as a crime against cinema. The directing is lackluster at best (the 1 point given is because the cinematography was slightly better than terrible and rarely well done at points), and the acting was atrocious. Kristen Stewart comes off as either high on some substance or simply mentally handicapped throughout the film. She seems to have trouble speaking and for some reason, seems to keep her mouth open constantly. Robert Patinson does slightly better, which is saying essentially nothing. He is still one of the worst actors in Hollywood. He is put on screen because of his physique and nothing else. His acting ability is exactly as his character: dead. But unlike his character, there is no sparkling about his talent, or lack there of. Tweens and teenage girls will flock to this film and enjoy the muscles and romance, though that too is badly created, but for those who understand what makes a film good should place a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger before seeing this pile of garbage. Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2011
    This is a very horrendous move. A pretty predicatble plot, and bad acting and a stupid story (do we need more vampire romances in the world?) I just want to punch the direct in the face.
  16. Feb 5, 2011
    Never before have I seen a more terrible movie than this. Vampires? Maybe. 2 "hot" guys that 10 year olds like. Check! A good movie? Yeah right. I like the first minute or two. Before anyone arrives on screen.
  17. Nov 24, 2012
    I gave this movie a chance. I really did. But it just takes my intelligence, crushes it and stuff a cartload of dung into my brain. It felt like a mixture of cinematic rape, utter boredom and cringeworthy acting/sequences that make this the worst movie I've seen in a very long time. Twilight feels like a B-grade, made for TV movie, only that they managed to get a decent camera for the job.I gave this movie a chance. I really did. But it just takes my intelligence, crushes it and stuff a cartload of dung into my brain. It felt like a mixture of cinematic rape, utter boredom and cringeworthy acting/sequences that make this the worst movie I've seen in a very long time. Twilight feels like a B-grade, made for TV movie, only that they managed to get a decent camera for the job. About the only half-decent component is the cinematography. Its definitely well shot. As for the main juice of the movie...you'd be wondering why on earth anyone would make this movie apart from milking the cash out of Tweens and their poor boyfriends. Apart from some supporting characters who have passable acting, the main characters lack the skill and aptitude to produce even an a line of dialogue that wont leave you cringing or in some cases, wishing you were dead so the torture would end. Tweens would defend this pile of excrement to their deaths and I say, feel free. The world can judge. And thankfully, most people who have a conscience would stray clear of this horror. Yes, tweens, there are a lot of females out there who hate/aren't give a fck about Twilight than there are those who would. Get that fact right. I am not even going do a review for the other sequels as I WRITE THIS AS A WARNING TO ALL: This is almost as bad as Batman & Robin and is universally claimed by critics who were not bribed by the producers as the worst movie franchise of the 21st century, if not in all of movie history. I literally felt my IQ drop by spades during the movie. Please, save yourself and avoid this. I saw this out of pure curiosity. Dont even try to do what I did. Its not worth it. Expand
  18. Jul 20, 2011
    One of the worst films ever made. Without a shadow of a doubt. Not only is it dull, pretentious and boring, it has some very wooden acting and poor dialogue. It makes you cringe at the fact that four more installments are on their way...
  19. Dec 20, 2014
    Should I even write a review about "Twilight"? If I should, it will be only to low the score of the movie a little bit.
    Stephanie Mayer's novel is almost as killing as it's adaptation, but the movie takes it to a whole different level. Horrible casting, awful screenplay, ghastly directing and a terrible production. Just saying...
  20. Aug 27, 2010
    The acting is terrible, the movie's stupid and for me the movie is just targeted for tweens. I'm also tired of this vampire sh**. Kristin Stewart barely has any emotions and she was way better in Adventureland. Every vampire aren't really vampire's! What I mean is that the vampires aren't sucking any blood, they sparkle in the sun and I'm glad there's a movie parodying this crap.
  21. ETV
    Apr 26, 2012
    It's movies like this that give Vampires a bad name and plus who gives Meyer the right to rewrite vampire history.... Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Can't wait until the final film and people can forgot about it.
  22. May 31, 2012
    I've seen a lot of poorly written garbage get mainstream attention before but this convoluted wet dream posing as a love story is too popular for me to let be. Okay, to be fair it IS technically a love story, it's just a bad one. The characters not only have close to zero personality to speak of, but the person you're intended to side with is all around, pretty damn sleasy. If I played aI've seen a lot of poorly written garbage get mainstream attention before but this convoluted wet dream posing as a love story is too popular for me to let be. Okay, to be fair it IS technically a love story, it's just a bad one. The characters not only have close to zero personality to speak of, but the person you're intended to side with is all around, pretty damn sleasy. If I played a drinking game for how many people she manipulates or screws over, I'd be in a coma. Not only that but to my knowledge there are close to no consequences for her actions. A war between freaking vampires and werewolves could be going on, and still all the movies really care about is 'when the hell are they gonna do it'. -_- I will say this though, it's actually not many notches lower than most other romance movies, a lot of them have really odd priorities. Expand
  23. Jan 11, 2012
    One of the more foolish movies I've ever seen. It has a poor plot, poor music, poor screenplay and the worst, it ruined the vampire's stories. This movie is really awful. Enjoyable just for teenagers in love. In a way is stupid.
  24. Jan 14, 2015
    The only reason this film exists is to get the girls screaming for more, Twilight is absolute garbage and it baffles me on how big this movie's fan base is.
  25. Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing more than a confused womans wet dream, with legions of idiotic, pubescant 16 year old fan girls streaming in her wake. The poor story is further degraded by immensely wooden acting and dull script writing. A real fangs-bared yawn accompanied by repulsion at the overall story.
  26. Jun 21, 2013
    This whole movie is a a 14 year old girls wet dream with terrible acting! I really don't now what else to say other than this movie destroyed Vampires for me as now if I hear the word Vampire I will think of this terrible piece of crap.
  27. Jun 5, 2015
    Good general idea, but very poor execution. This movie contains a dire plot, razzie-worthy performances, and lifeless characters, literally. Another Harry Potter wannabe gone wrong
  28. Jun 26, 2012
    terrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. everterrible movie, terrible book, this series has officially killed the vampire genre, before this if you said vampire romance, you'd sound crazy, and in my opinion, it still sounds crazy. there 2 different things, vampire, a horror idea, and romance, some lovey dovie move. they don't fit together. another reason i don't like this movie is because it killed the idea of a vampire horror. ever since the original book was made, there has been nothing in the vampire genre besides vampire romances. and any movie that doesn't have them as a part of some relation ship puts them as a small, weak sub enemy. there is no Dracula-like vampires any more. so, in short what im saying is, thanks a lot twilight, i hate you Expand
  29. Jun 7, 2014
    This is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...this was horrible I wanted to put myself out of my misery sitting through this crap...I mean it really ruined vampires for our modern time no one remembersThis is for every twilight film-Oh my gosh...no..no..no I was force to see this and all the others with my sister and....holy crap this ruined vampires for me... You got Tweens wanting to have a vampire boyfriend because they see this...this was horrible I wanted to put myself out of my misery sitting through this crap...I mean it really ruined vampires for our modern time no one remembers Count Dracula (originated from the real Vlad Dracula Tepes better known as Vlad the impaler 1431-1476 The prince of wallachia)...the person that wrote the stupid books made Romania's darkest icon of the classic vampire into a gushy tween romance crap... I was hoping since the "actors" do t deserve to be called actors, the story was a snore, amd envy thing else made me want to puke. Vampire don't sparkle when in the sun they burst into flame and die turning into ashes. They don't show mercy to other humans for their extreme thirst makes them the feared killers that can swallow your soul leaving your corpse a bloodthirsty minion of the count.....I wish the series died when the first film was released this isn't a "vampire" film it's a crappy made tween love story that made every girl in my 5th grade class want a vampire lover...I feel very bad for the unfortunate people that were dragged to this distasteful thing Expand

Twilight will mesmerize its target audience, 16-year-old girls and their grandmothers. Their mothers know all too much about boys like this.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A disappointingly anemic tale of forbidden love that should satiate the pre-converted but will bewilder and underwhelm viewers who haven't devoured Stephenie Meyer's bestselling juvie chick-lit franchise.
    In the 17-million-copy land of "Twilight," the calling card isn't blood and fangs, but the exquisite, shimmering quiver of unconsummated first love. By that measure, the movie version gives really good swoon.