8.0

1. KatT
    Sep 15, 2009
    Stunning. My absolute favourite 3D experience. Was almost eerie how real it felt, I still get confused sometimes and think I have actually seen U2 live!
  2. CameronM
    Sep 12, 2009
    If you like U2 (why?) then go see this movie. Everyone else.... U2 sucks and seeing them in 3d makes them suck even more. The popularity of this band is a prime example of how idiotic our world is. There are tons of bands better than U2 (Super Furry Animals) and it's a shame that this ultra crappy "rock" band has sooo many fans. I would hate to be in a room with nothing but U2 If you like U2 (why?) then go see this movie. Everyone else.... U2 sucks and seeing them in 3d makes them suck even more. The popularity of this band is a prime example of how idiotic our world is. There are tons of bands better than U2 (Super Furry Animals) and it's a shame that this ultra crappy "rock" band has sooo many fans. I would hate to be in a room with nothing but U2 fans... I would have to kill myself. Expand
  3. Chris
    May 20, 2009
    I've seen this 3 times; it's the only time I've ever gone to see a film more than once. Amazing experience, and simply perfect. It left me speechless.
  4. TonyH
    May 8, 2009
    What a wonderful way to experience the concert without having to deal with all the crowds (or ticket prices)! I was most pleased that there were few 3D gimics in the film - perhaps I've seen too many childrens 3D films where that's all they do.
  5. ChrisV
    Dec 12, 2008
    If you like U2, you must go see this awesome experience.
  6. DaveM
    Nov 23, 2008
    Absolutely breathtaking piece of work. A must see for any music fan.
  7. Patrick
    May 26, 2008
    I don't get why this has been raved about so much. Yes, the 3D is nice and makes the audience look all shiny, but other than that its just a normal concert movie of a fairly average band.
  8. zKeeper12
    Mar 28, 2008
    This is sitting right there in my top ten list. Prior to watching this movie, I had never even heard a U2 song. As the movie opened, I was sitting there in my seat, extremely comfortable, talking with friends because I was bored, etc. As the film opened, the intro sequence set the tone perfectly for the rest of the movie. As the band started playing, I was drawn in by the music, This is sitting right there in my top ten list. Prior to watching this movie, I had never even heard a U2 song. As the movie opened, I was sitting there in my seat, extremely comfortable, talking with friends because I was bored, etc. As the film opened, the intro sequence set the tone perfectly for the rest of the movie. As the band started playing, I was drawn in by the music, captivated by the 3D IMAX experience, and wanted to get up and join the onscreen crowd. The imagery is powerful. Even though you could say Bono was preachy, he seemed okay to me. The entire film makes me feel a strange feeling, the kind of feeling you get when your jaw is hanging open after watching a classic. Overall, see this movie before it makes it's theatrical leaves. You won't be disappointed Expand
  9. LouisM.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Unbelievable. Awesome. Mind blowing. The sound quality is amazing, the atmosphere is exhilarating and the imagery is beyond this world. Emotional and Inspiring.
  10. EddieV
    Mar 6, 2008
    WOW! I'm actually thinking about going to see it again, and I've never done that with a movie before.
  11. MikeW.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Awesome! This HAS to be seen to be believed. First of all, the audio is amazing, the band sounds great, the effects you hear when the camera pans over the crowd really makes you feel like your are right in the middle of it all. Secondly, the video looks great, really looks like HD, and lastly the 3-D effects are amazing. There are times when Bono seems like he is literally standing right Awesome! This HAS to be seen to be believed. First of all, the audio is amazing, the band sounds great, the effects you hear when the camera pans over the crowd really makes you feel like your are right in the middle of it all. Secondly, the video looks great, really looks like HD, and lastly the 3-D effects are amazing. There are times when Bono seems like he is literally standing right in front of you. I loved this movie, wanted to go right back to the ticket window and buy two tickets for the next show! Definitely a must see for any U2 fan, but It's my opinion that this could be enjoyed by any music fan! Expand
  12. WalterR.
    Feb 25, 2008
    Unbelievable and breathtaking. A stadium packed to the rafters in an outdoor venue on a perfect night for U2. The sound, the music, the roar of thousands of adoring fans...you'll feel the power of a live performance like you've never imagined. U2 is truly one of the great bands of all-time.
  13. ButchC.
    Feb 25, 2008
    Awesome, tear-inducing brilliance
  14. JennaP
    Feb 23, 2008
    Definitely a sight to behold. I really had no idea what it would be like but as soon as it started I was totally blown away. This nearly reaches the level of art and the fans definitely elevate the entire experience. Just one small complaint: I think it could have been a little longer, for sure. They played "I Still Haven't Found..." that night and I wish that wasn't omitted, Definitely a sight to behold. I really had no idea what it would be like but as soon as it started I was totally blown away. This nearly reaches the level of art and the fans definitely elevate the entire experience. Just one small complaint: I think it could have been a little longer, for sure. They played "I Still Haven't Found..." that night and I wish that wasn't omitted, and the same goes for "Elevation" and "City of Blinding Lights". However, the final song very nearly makes up for this. But I won't spoil that for you. Expand
  15. KimberlyJ.
    Feb 23, 2008
    the closest thing to being at the concert. Amazing. Brought me back to when I went to the vertigo concert in my town. It was wonderful to see close up and different vantage points. Absolutely wonderful You'll wish you could stand up, cheer and dance!
  16. LamarL.
    Feb 23, 2008
    I felt the energy of beauty,and unity last night. TWICE
  17. ChrisC
    Feb 23, 2008
    That's all Bono needs, even more to feed his hyper-inflated ego. U2 overemotes all their songs with an obnoxious sense of grandeur, and everybody acts like it's somehow really amazing music. Self importance is not a substitute for quality. Bono the megalomaniac needs an injection of humility.
  18. DaveL.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Brilliant! You Must experience the sound in a Modern Theatre! Bass is tremendous! Even w/ a lazy eye the 3D effects worked to a certain point! Well Done!
  19. AndyL.
    Feb 11, 2008
    U2 yet again pushes the boundaries with the first feature-length live action film to be shot entirely in 3D. As the band says, live is where U2 lives, and this film certainly captures the intimacy and magic the band brings to each and every live show they do. The Latin American audience brings a fire and passion not matched by many other fans in the world. You truly feel as if you are at U2 yet again pushes the boundaries with the first feature-length live action film to be shot entirely in 3D. As the band says, live is where U2 lives, and this film certainly captures the intimacy and magic the band brings to each and every live show they do. The Latin American audience brings a fire and passion not matched by many other fans in the world. You truly feel as if you are at a U2 concert. As soon as it is over, you get the urge to go right back in and watch it again. Pure magic. Expand
  20. BrendonL.A.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Amazing to behold. If you are a U2 fan this is a must-see.
  21. Bonomyte
    Feb 2, 2008
    Even better than the real thing.
  22. TheFly
    Jan 27, 2008
    Amazing from start to finish. An incredible achievement and a wonderful movie.
  23. BrandonA.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Really really cool. First time I've felt like I've gotten more than my money's worth at a movie. . . The 3d effect is amazing and even works good for me with my strabismus and poor depth perception. It will be nice if they start filming more concerts like this -- I'd actually want to go out to the movies once in a while.
  24. StevenL.
    Jan 24, 2008
    This is an absolute must-see for any U2 fan. AMAZING! Can't wait for them to go back out on tour!
  25. JalexD.
    Jan 22, 2008
    The most exhilarating concert film ever, in my opinion. The added visual effects are an especially nice touch as well.

1. U2 3D takes the well-traveled concert film to exhilarating new heights.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The title says it all. Compact and exuberant, U2 3D may be no more than a pint-sized concert film with a lustrous surface, but the lensing is so vibrant and the music so buoyant, even nonfans may find their eyes popping and their heads bobbing.
    The movie all but proclaims U2 the world's best rock band. Somewhere, Mick Jagger's jaws are grinding.