8.0

1. CharlesS.
    Sep 23, 2004
    Somewhat dry, but it does let the interviewees simply tell the facts. One of the more adventurous sections is the blow-by-blow of Powell's speech before the U.N. general assembly. That was particularly well done. Required viewing for anyone that hasn't read the dozens of books on the subject. Not at all inflamatory; all the interviews are with experienced government "insiders". Somewhat dry, but it does let the interviewees simply tell the facts. One of the more adventurous sections is the blow-by-blow of Powell's speech before the U.N. general assembly. That was particularly well done. Required viewing for anyone that hasn't read the dozens of books on the subject. Not at all inflamatory; all the interviews are with experienced government "insiders". This is also showing in a 1-hour edit on Sundance Channel this month. Expand
  2. MaryR.
    Sep 5, 2004
    Less emotional then Farenheit 9/11. Well documented with people who knew some of the information and facts.
  3. PaulD.
    Sep 6, 2004
    Should be required viewing for all those who still think that invading Iraq was a good idea, based on imminent threats.
  4. AdrianC.
    Nov 6, 2004
    Sobering. After having watched Farenheit 911 and this documentary, I must say that "Uncovered" unsettled me even more. When I heard that Bin Laden had said for years that the US is determined to invade an oil rich Middle Eastern nation (without provocation) just sent chills down my spine. The terrorists feed on that. And we gave them what they asked for.
  5. LConti
    Oct 22, 2004
    I find it interesting that the negative reviews accuse the film of being nothingless than talking heads or preaching to the converted. Well, it's no Matrix, I'll give you that. Perhaps these so called "journalists" should recgonize that it is a documentary? Also, I would add that these so called "talking heads" are extremely credible sources who were down in the trenches. And as I find it interesting that the negative reviews accuse the film of being nothingless than talking heads or preaching to the converted. Well, it's no Matrix, I'll give you that. Perhaps these so called "journalists" should recgonize that it is a documentary? Also, I would add that these so called "talking heads" are extremely credible sources who were down in the trenches. And as far as the accusation, of being one-sided, well just turn on your TV or turn to your natiional paper to hear the other side! We are inundated with the other side! Hell, we exist in the womb of the other side! Instead of criticizing a film based upon the amount of heads and such why don't you examine the content of what is said? How you can ignore the impassioned comments of citizens who have served for your nation dutifully is beyond me. Feel free to continue to bury your head in the sand. Expand
  6. Snapdragon
    Sep 22, 2004
    I don't think this was intended to be entertaining like F911, and because of that I found it much easier to take seriously. Here is a collection of folks who actually know a thing or two, and listening to them tell their stories is almost as good as talking to them myself. I admit I was expecting a little more in the way of narration, but in retrospect I think it was better without.

1. Reviewed by: Jay WeissBerg
    A calm, rational and utterly devastating point-by-point analysis.
    Uncovered could easily come off as dull or strident, but the administration's arrogance and disregard for the safeguards and transparency necessary for democracy give the documentary an outraged charge that overshadows its staid execution.
    Moore created a movie; Greenwald gives us a cinematized blog.