6.9

1. Oct 23, 2010
    Not a bad movie by any stretch, and clearly the work of a talented filmmaker, but the pace was sluggish rather than thoughtful and I felt that at the end I was left more tired than breathless. Undertow may be worth seeing for the visuals, which are breathtaking, but the story and character are too thin.
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    I cannot understand the harsh negative reviews. Yeah, some of the scenes of the "Uncle Deel" could have been better but the movie belongs to the boys and I dare anyone not to be deeply touched them. Glass's score fitted like a glove. I was spellbound.
  3. Nov 28, 2014
    Undertow is one of those movies that you don't really know what's going on.Even if the movie is slow and we exactly know who the characters are it stays difficult to understand the movie.The outside is beautiful and the actors are good but the little boy is annoying when he eats everything he sees.

1. The naturalistic style of the film is completely at odds with the hokey melodrama.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    A deep-fried piece of Southern Gothic that wears its unpleasantness like a merit badge.
    Undertow may prove the least immediately satisfying of Green's films, but it remains an achievement, emotionally rich and rife with biblical and mythic undertones.