1. JaimeG.
    Oct 30, 2004
    Jamie Bell is the best. A great actor.
  2. BrianR.
    Jan 18, 2005
    One of the best films of 2004.
  3. BrianS
    Oct 22, 2004
    Jamie Bell is going to be a big star.
  4. LourdesL.
    Oct 29, 2004
    The actors did a great job adn the director if a genious.
  5. John
    Jan 25, 2005
    I'm shocked by the low comments from critics. From the incredible opening title sequence, I knew I was in for something very special. If Dogville hadn't come out this past year, Undertow would have been #1 of the year by a long shot. I was mesmerized by it. Completely.
  6. K.A.
    Jan 28, 2006
    Completely mesmerizing mood piece. Wonderully insightful and original; come on people! open your eyes.
  7. johnr
    Mar 24, 2008
    Folks, you just don't get it. I live in the south, where people say and do crazy things, and too often die tragically. Melodrama and death are centrpieces of southern culture. Also, the relationships between the adult characters are spot on (not bad acting).
  8. Aug 19, 2011
    I cannot understand the harsh negative reviews. Yeah, some of the scenes of the "Uncle Deel" could have been better but the movie belongs to the boys and I dare anyone not to be deeply touched them. Glass's score fitted like a glove. I was spellbound.
  9. Nov 28, 2014
    Undertow is one of those movies that you don't really know what's going on.Even if the movie is slow and we exactly know who the characters are it stays difficult to understand the movie.The outside is beautiful and the actors are good but the little boy is annoying when he eats everything he sees.

1. The naturalistic style of the film is completely at odds with the hokey melodrama.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    A deep-fried piece of Southern Gothic that wears its unpleasantness like a merit badge.
    Undertow may prove the least immediately satisfying of Green's films, but it remains an achievement, emotionally rich and rife with biblical and mythic undertones.