8.6

1. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. Great western film. Acting is good. Morgan is good, and Clint is really good. Score all right. Story is amazing. A great tale of the wild, old west. Action is also well done. Overall, unforgiven is great. It is best picture material, and one of the best westerns. You have to see this movie.
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    clint eastwood has been long known for doing alot of great western movies in the old days and its been along time since we seen him in one . now he comes out with unforgiven which is reminisance of the old westerns with a new twist and take on it . alot more story driven with well devolped charicters and yet we still get that bad ass gun slinger out of eastwood that we remember from him . its a good way for him to end his western film roles. he didnt go out with a wimper but a nice bang. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    Hey, what do you know, it's Clint Eastwood's least depressing movie! :D (and a damn fine Western at that). It truly deserves to live alongside John Ford's finest films.
  4. Dec 15, 2012
    Unforgiven is the best western ever made. I'm not a fan of the genre, but this movie is just flat-out brilliant. It has great acting, writing and photography. It makes you think about perceptions of good and evil... And it has one of the most badass climaxes ever!
  5. Aug 16, 2011
    This is the best western I've seen. Very good history, very good actors and a very good film. One of the best movies I've seen too. And the final confrontation is epic.
  6. Aug 2, 2011
    Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. That is all you need for an outstanding movie. Well ofcourse all the other movie elements are there on an above average level, although I`m pretty sure it would still be a great flick without them. This movie presents a simple story about vengence and that`s it. You don`t need much more than that to make a western. But this story shows more to it when we see the movie. A broken drunkard who turns out to be the devil himself, his friend who got himself found in the wrong time and the wrong place and an aggressive gun tootin` cowboy who doesn`t really get it. Faced by a Sherriff who thinks he knows what is good and what is bad. Like every ten rated movie, this one has its own legendary scene - a saloon scene I`ve never seen in any other western movie. It is a story of the wild wild west, where hardly anyone was a real hero. There are no real heroes and there are no real villains. Collapse
  7. Jul 18, 2011
    A straightforward revisionist western layered with provoking themes and well-developed characters that sometimes has you questioning who to be pulling for. Clint Eastwood is retired from the evil life he used to lead until he is called upon to do what appears to be right, for the right price. The always wonderful Morgan Freeman tags along for the ride. Gene Hackman is your John Wayne character here. No nonsense, tough as nails lawman with a history in making things go his way. Not only one of the greatest westerns of all time, but one of the greatest films as well. Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2013
    Seriously great movie.

From everything, to the message, to the characters, to the dialogue, to the directing, to the Morgan Freeman Unforgiven does everything nearly perfect.

If you have to see one Clint Eastwood or one western in your life see Unforgiven, amazing film through and through.

1. It's powerful entertainment. [22 Sept 1992, p.A16(E)]
  2. Plays out its drama with enough old-fashioned sobriety to lend the proceedings a classical air, offering the comfort of familiarity rather than the thrill of discovery. [13 Aug 1992]
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    It's the actor/director's best movie - and the best Western by anybody in over 20 years. [7 Aug 1992]