7.6

1. Aug 25, 2013
    This movie is ok. When the film goes to the people in the United 93 airplane is really good. But when it shows what happens down it's really boring and it ruins the whole movie. In the ground the story is solid and seriously when the events happened it's like nobody really cared. But when we see the characters in the plane there is action and suspense
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    First off i would like to point out that i mean no disrespect to anyone in this review, because i'm here to review the movie not the events that it based on.
    the movie isn't about the united airline 93 until 55 long minutes, the movie is loud and the camera work was down right terrible and that's coming from the director of the wonderful captain Phillips and the Bourne trilogy, and i do realize it should be a movie inside an airplane, but i felt dizzy watching this.
    and the movie isn't informative at all, i've seen a documentary called "ZERO An Investigation Into 9-11" that almost as long as this movie and it explained everything that happened that day.
    for instance, the whole air traffic noise and buzz was absolutely useless, all what we learned is that the guys were doing their job, the president is the only person who can issue a military strike on possible hijacked airplanes and the military didn't do anything even after the president gave it a GO.
    for me i would like to see the details including the fact that every airplane was forced to land immediately and how they closed their air space without any accidents, but i didn't get to see that.
    also the movie did so little on characters, it's not memorable at all, and the only reason that it is critically acclaimed is the fact that it remind us of a tragedy, but the movie was terrible and could have been way better than this.
  3. LesPaul
    Oct 12, 2006
    I give it a 4 for it's portrayl of humanity. However, the facts are so unclear of what actually happened that I consider this an irresponsible film for anyone to make. An event of this magnitude and relevance to the world should only be made into a documentary at most, otherwise it could be looked back upon in the future as propoganda or careless film making. If you haven'tI give it a 4 for it's portrayl of humanity. However, the facts are so unclear of what actually happened that I consider this an irresponsible film for anyone to make. An event of this magnitude and relevance to the world should only be made into a documentary at most, otherwise it could be looked back upon in the future as propoganda or careless film making. If you haven't seen "Loose Change" you should, to get hard facts that support a very different, but at least equally plausible portrayl of what happened to this flight. Expand
  4. D.Willy
    Apr 30, 2006
    I'm sorry, but good intentions doth not a good movie make. Leaning so far backward to be unexploitive, this movie is virtually without dramatic value other than being a true story we're all close to. And, hey, acting is a profession for a reason. Not just anybody can do it. Apart from reliving the events of that day, watching the real life people from the control room improvise I'm sorry, but good intentions doth not a good movie make. Leaning so far backward to be unexploitive, this movie is virtually without dramatic value other than being a true story we're all close to. And, hey, acting is a profession for a reason. Not just anybody can do it. Apart from reliving the events of that day, watching the real life people from the control room improvise their own dialog is downright grim. Expand
  5. BillyS.
    May 4, 2006
    Yes it's gripping. yes it's tense. yes, it even brings tears to your eyes and leaves you feeling completely helpless, but then, why would'nt it, it's about the most horrorfying nightmare that everyone on the planet shares and it puts you right back smack down in the middle of it. But, it is a nightmare that most people have already come to grips with in their ownYes it's gripping. yes it's tense. yes, it even brings tears to your eyes and leaves you feeling completely helpless, but then, why would'nt it, it's about the most horrorfying nightmare that everyone on the planet shares and it puts you right back smack down in the middle of it. But, it is a nightmare that most people have already come to grips with in their own personal way and watching this movie is like seeing Hollywood trying to be first to cash in on an event that changed the world and I for one, am sorry I fell into the whole "unmissable" promotion by paying 10 bucks to see something I relive on a daily basis anyway. Expand
  6. Tonydannie
    May 5, 2006
    The movie was very powerful. There is really nothing more you could say about it. It does what it is suppose to do. shed some light. At Least that is what i want to say but however. This movie did not answer any questions. This movie just reanacted what some people consider to be a lie. Greengrass did what he does best. create an action movie. People have asked if this is the right time The movie was very powerful. There is really nothing more you could say about it. It does what it is suppose to do. shed some light. At Least that is what i want to say but however. This movie did not answer any questions. This movie just reanacted what some people consider to be a lie. Greengrass did what he does best. create an action movie. People have asked if this is the right time for a 9/11 movie. Sure, As long as it tells the truth. And again. Stop with the shaking of the camera!! If I have offended anybody. I greatly apologize. That is just how I feel. Expand
  7. Trix
    Jun 18, 2006
    It was a little too real. It felt more like a historical document than a movie. Maybe it IS too soon, for me, anyway. I've never felt such sadness, frustration and anger watching a movie before. But in a good way. I should rate it higher, but United 93 was the opposite of escapism. If anything, it woke me up even further into stark reality. I don't need that right now.
  8. D.J.Skippen
    Sep 16, 2008
    Good.
  9. mss
    Apr 29, 2006
    To be honest I felt a little nervous while spilling my opinions into this review. One reason is because I am aware of how terrible this event was and I am aware that many people feel strongly about it. I do not mean to offend any of the other reviewers here. Just to get that out of the way. As a story goes, this would have been uneventful and generic had it not been based on actual events.To be honest I felt a little nervous while spilling my opinions into this review. One reason is because I am aware of how terrible this event was and I am aware that many people feel strongly about it. I do not mean to offend any of the other reviewers here. Just to get that out of the way. As a story goes, this would have been uneventful and generic had it not been based on actual events. I get what the film maker is doing here...replicating fear, drama, and all the other things you need in a highjacking movie. I was awed by the performances, however, despite how this movie would be nothing without the tragedy it refers to. It must have been hard for some of them to act out things like this, and I respect that. But a lousy film is a lousy film. I felt no sense of true sympathy, enthrallment, sadness, or any emotion for that matter. It was sort of a heoic film that came across as more of a "Just so you know, these people risked their lives and yada yada yada..." no. When I see a film I don't like to feel as if someone is trying to prove that an event was great. The event stands on its own. It's only five years old. Which might be why some of the kick is gone because it will never forget 9/11. Some might say I'm unpatriotic for not being entertained or enlightened by a film that is so obviously going to have impact...I'm sorry but we don't need a reminder as to how terrible 9/11 was and we don't need another plane movie. It's just a movie to me...a very boring and a very strained movie. Expand
  10. matta.
    May 10, 2006
    I was not impressed. Very messy direction, bad acting, and I even found the writing (was it mostly improvised?) to be shoddy. It just didn't resonate with me emotionally. I would say that Slate's critic is the only one that has the balls to be honest and admit that this movie kind of sucked. All of the other critics just don't want to put down a movie about 9/11.
  11. PaulH.
    Jun 15, 2006
    This is a pretty moving picture to sit through, absolutely heart-breaking at times and yet reflecting a few days afterwards i find myself feeling a bit conned...Firstly as a re-enactment based on true life it looks way too slick and shiny,way too edited and staged..But i guess this is a Hollywood treatment and what would one expect.Has the look and feel of a made-for-tv film.Will be This is a pretty moving picture to sit through, absolutely heart-breaking at times and yet reflecting a few days afterwards i find myself feeling a bit conned...Firstly as a re-enactment based on true life it looks way too slick and shiny,way too edited and staged..But i guess this is a Hollywood treatment and what would one expect.Has the look and feel of a made-for-tv film.Will be forgotten about immediately. Does not make you think at all about anything. A crass example of manipulating audiences emotions Expand
  12. IanB.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Absolutely Boring the first 60 minutes of the film. The last 30 minutes make up for most of the film.
  13. AshrafA.
    Nov 24, 2006
    This is a great way for movie producers to exploit a tragedy! Decently made movie, but the message seems like it has been repeated...hundreds of times.

Best understood as a memorial…Like most memorials, it is respectful, premised on competing obligations to the dead and the living, and eager to stress that the deaths were not in vain. It not only tells us we should never forget but also illustrates how we should remember.
  2. Pulling the bandage of sentiment cleanly away from oozing concepts like ''heroism'' and ''our nation's war on terror'' in the aftermath of recent wounds, here's a drama about the most politically charged crisis of our time that grants the dignity of autonomy to every soul involved.
  3. Greengrass has made not only a thoroughly fact-checked film but a film that uncontrovertibly comes from the heart.