Up

8.8

1. Jun 29, 2012
    This could arguably be Pixars greatest work, the first five minutes is without a doubt the greatest opening in cinema, getting all emotional scenes from evry film in history and putting them into one beautifully told and stunning scenes. If the film had lived up to this it would un deniably be in the top 10 greatest films in history, but it turns into adventure that is so admirable. PixarThis could arguably be Pixars greatest work, the first five minutes is without a doubt the greatest opening in cinema, getting all emotional scenes from evry film in history and putting them into one beautifully told and stunning scenes. If the film had lived up to this it would un deniably be in the top 10 greatest films in history, but it turns into adventure that is so admirable. Pixar again creates gorgeous visuals and a setting that is truly stunning, its charming and funny throughout. Performances are top notch and laughs are real laugh out loud ones, its every thing you could hope for in a film in one. The storytelling is stunning, creating morals, excitement and is very emotional at places. The film does not try to be this forced emotion present in most films, but is just there and is some of the most emotional scenes in film history. Undeniably good, the film needs to be watched to be understoof how the snese of adventure, memories, emotion and simply letting go create one of the greatest films ever. But what did you expect from Pixar? Expand
  2. CarolynS.
    Feb 28, 2010
    Perhaps if I had had a seven year old with me, I could have watched HIM enjoy UP The DOGS were nice, however.
  3. CodyB
    Jan 2, 2010
    This movie was absolutely terrible and impossible to follow. The story was just like they were pulling rabbits out of hats to keep the movie going. It wasn't funny but was actually drab and slow. Don't watch it.
  4. baycrum
    Oct 22, 2009
    NOT funny in the least.WORST Pixar movie EVER. The critics are just giving it good reviews because they are too afraid to say it was bad.Okay the plot was almost close to a bad lifetime movie and the only thing keeping it from going to that level was the kid and the dogs.DO NOT waste your money on this film in 3D like I did:no reason for it to be in 3D whatsoever,Don't fall for the NOT funny in the least.WORST Pixar movie EVER. The critics are just giving it good reviews because they are too afraid to say it was bad.Okay the plot was almost close to a bad lifetime movie and the only thing keeping it from going to that level was the kid and the dogs.DO NOT waste your money on this film in 3D like I did:no reason for it to be in 3D whatsoever,Don't fall for the colors are more vivid scam ethier.The emotions also felt pushed. Don't be afraid to say it was bad. Expand
  5. JohnB.
    Jul 7, 2009
    The most over hyped movie of all time....slow boring and uninteresting. I was so excited to watch this movie and the beginning was pretty good but then it got slower and slower and less funnier to the point where i was having trouble staying awake. Its also very predictable throughout, with its unoriginal storyline. Ive always loved pixar and almost all of there other films but this is The most over hyped movie of all time....slow boring and uninteresting. I was so excited to watch this movie and the beginning was pretty good but then it got slower and slower and less funnier to the point where i was having trouble staying awake. Its also very predictable throughout, with its unoriginal storyline. Ive always loved pixar and almost all of there other films but this is definitely the worst pixar movie I've ever seen. Expand
  6. AnneW
    Jul 4, 2009
    If this were true Pixar , viewers would not have been subjected to visions of blood (as when the old man attacks the foreman), the manipulative, contrived building of the couple's relationship from childhood, only to have her die and leave him (and us) thoroughly miserable. The ferocity of the attack dogs drawing blood from the bird's leg....I could go on. Pixar we miss you.
  7. Josh
    Jun 22, 2009
    Completely over-rated. I don't know what it is about animated films but people will overlook a lot of things and seem to stroke their nearest phallic object in excitement over mediocre story lines.
  8. JoeB.
    Jun 21, 2009
    This movie was terrible from beginning to end you might like it if you were 1 years old i mean every was in the movie theater was booing and throwing popcorn.
  9. FrankS.
    May 29, 2009
    The 3D effect were not that great. Monster vs. Aliens set the bar, here it's just not worth the money. The story is not family friendly, more for adults, not for seniors ... some left the cinema at our place, I guess they felt insulted by the story. Why do you tell a story about loosing wife and unborn child in a comic? Not funny at all. Overall a very sad movie and not for entertainment.

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.