8.8

1. Sep 29, 2011
    Animation giant Pixar walks into 2009 with their new animation "Up". The movie is so organized and amazing, all I could suggest to you is to just shut up and watch the movie.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Tells one of the greatest love stories in cinematic history in a brisk eight minutes. That, as is the film itself, is a wonderful, awe aspiring work of genius.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Another great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug the dog and Kevin the snipe make for the fun adventure.
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    people say old people are just mean when you up it tells you old people have a big heart also pixar has a way to creative better films . i always love the old guy in this movie
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    Up is a great animated film that is among the best from Pixar. It has the most heart warming story that Pixar has ever had and the characters are great.
  6. Jan 16, 2012
    Up is timeless, emotional, heartfelt; everything in Up is in the right place its humor, heart and characters everything is just timeless and wonderful. I give this film 97%.
  7. Jul 7, 2014
    The beginning is poignant and sad at the same time. The rest follows a heartfelt tale of a man's journey, not just to Paradise Falls. The trio of the old man, the scout, and the dog is not only funny, but like actual family. Pixar has so many greats on its agenda I doubt anyone can replicate it.
  8. Jun 25, 2013
    Pixar may have created some of their finest work yet in the form of Up, it really packs an emotional punch that is difficult to find these days with real actors involved, but they manage to tell a love story and have a father/son or grandfather/grandson dynamic in this film that also show wonderful visuals that outline just how far the company has come since its Toy Story days.
    With a
    With a wonderful opening montage that is almost void of any speaking, we are shown a heartbreaking story of love and loss, we are introduced to Carl, and elderly man who is the last remaining housing owner on a piece of land that is trying to be taken away to make room for some major development.
    Carl is threatened with a retirement home so makes plans to get away to Paradise Falls, a place "lost in time", he attaches thousands of balloons to his house and floats off into the sky, but with added guests.
    Russell, a young scout who accidentally tagged along, proves a welcome and hilarious friend for the ageing Carl, his witty lines but angelic charm have made him an unforgettable character in the Pixar family.
    The themes within the film are edgy but realistic in Pixar terms. A film that deals with death, hints of fatherly abandonment and getting old are indeed tough but heartfelt messages, but these have been dealt with brilliantly, the whole film is an adventure of spontaneity and self discovery, don't necessarily plan everything in front of you but perhaps live a little and go with the flow. Carl has lived his whole life wishing to take hsi joinery, but only decides to do so at 78 years old.
    The character of Russell is wonderfully voice acted by Jordan Nagai, who shows the innocence but also sponge-like nature of a child, picking up on everything that their elders do, but there for some blunt truth when necessary. The adventures these two take the viewer on will leave you wanting more and more, with hilarious and over the top antics to rival in of this studios previous efforts.
    This is without doubt one of Pixar's finest efforts, it has plenty of clever but also slapstick humour, an even mix to appeal to the audience in masses, a heartfelt and motivational story of life going on, and is certainly a visual spectacle to behold.
  9. Mar 12, 2015
    Pixar always makes the best movies that touch us, such as Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. This movie made me cry and laugh. Every great movie gives you both. Another outstanding story made by Pixar, about always going for your dreams, the limits are endless for adventure.
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    This is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is how much this movie really has heart. I mean, all Pixar movies have heart, but this one has a lot of it. Basically because the story is about how CarlThis is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is how much this movie really has heart. I mean, all Pixar movies have heart, but this one has a lot of it. Basically because the story is about how Carl has to deal with losing his wife. It really impacted my heart-strings in a way that no Pixar movie had done before. Plus, it has its really funny moments as well. I was afraid that this movie would have that quirky childish-like humor, but honestly it didn't. It worked really well for both kids and adults in a much different way. Even the music was made perfectly to the tone of the movie. This movie is definitely in the top 3 best Pixar movies ever made. Not only that, but it's also in my top 5 movies ever made. Overall, it's a powerful Pixar movie. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    There will be always somebody who doesn't like this film but what that person can't deny, is that "Up" is beautifully animated, incredibly well written, amazingly voiced (for every country), undeniably laugh-a-minute gags and another Pixar hit.
  12. Apr 24, 2015
    "Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they aren't cute in the treacly way of little cartoon animals. They're cute in the human way of the animation master Hayao Miyazaki. Two of the three"Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they aren't cute in the treacly way of little cartoon animals. They're cute in the human way of the animation master Hayao Miyazaki. Two of the three central characters are cranky old men, which is a wonder in this youth-obsessed era. "Up" doesn't think all heroes must be young or sweet, although the third important character is a nervy kid.

This is another masterwork from Pixar, which is leading the charge in modern animation. The movie was directed by Pete Docter, who also directed "Monsters, Inc.," wrote "Toy Story" and was a co-writer on "WALL-E" before leaving to devote full time to this project. So Docter's one of the leading artists of this latest renaissance of animation.

The movie will be shown in 3-D in some theaters, about which I will say nothing, except to advise you to save the extra money and see it in 2-D. One of the film's qualities that is likely to be diminished by 3-D is its subtle and beautiful color palette. "Up," like "Finding Nemo," "Toy Story," "Shrek" and "The Lion King," uses colors in a way particularly suited to its content.

"Up" tells a story as tickling to the imagination as the magical animated films of my childhood, when I naively thought that because their colors were brighter, their character outlines more defined and their plots simpler, they were actually more realistic than regular films.

With vast inside spaces, the airship is outfitted like a great ocean liner from the golden age, with a stately dining room, long corridors, a display space rivaling the Natural History Museum and an attic spacious enough to harbor fighter planes. Muntz, who must be a centenarian by now, is hale, hearty and mean, his solitary life shared only by robotic dogs.

The adventures on the jungle plateau are satisfying in a Mummy/Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones sort of way. But they aren't the whole point of the film. This isn't a movie like "Monsters vs. Aliens," which is mostly just frenetic action. There are stakes here, and personalities involved, and two old men battling for meaning in their lives. And a kid who, for once, isn't smarter than all the adults. And a loyal dog. And an animal sidekick. And always that house and those balloons.
  13. Aug 27, 2010
    In terms of emotional immersion, characterization, humor, and just good old-fashioned entertainment, Pixar puts all other summer fare to shame.
  14. Apr 7, 2011
    I've always enjoyed Edward Asner's voice work since Freakazoid (a cartoon not many of you may know), and he does an excellent job here. A sweet tale and a fun adventure on a flying house make this another Pixar classic.
  15. Feb 14, 2014
    A stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyed the film from start to finish, not just once, but several times over.
  16. Aug 12, 2010
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The story is so lovely that one cannot but find one's eyes watering while watching the first 20 minutes of the film and getting to see two people in love living their lives. It is just so moving that one cannot resist falling in love with it immediately.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the
    This is definitely one of Pixar's best animated features.
    The Academy Award winning score is definitely one of the highlights of the film, due to its ability to give depth to our perception of the scenes and of the film in general.

Surely, it is not Wall-E and it does not have such a "great idea" behind it as environmentalism and the future of humanity. But, in a way, it does more so: it is about the very basis of humanity - peoples ability to love beyond what is required of them and the realisation of love's importance in our lives. Maybe, after all, it is like Wall-E... or even better so, since through an ordinary person's story it can create a whole new world without having to make much effort. That's greatness.
  17. Jan 9, 2011
    A brilliant, unique movie. One of the best children's movie I watched.
  18. Mar 25, 2013
    Hilarious and beautifully written story of a man and a boy navigating through the world of Paradise Falls.
  19. Jul 4, 2013
    "Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful"Up" is charming, heartwarming, and a clever movie that proves that there are always good films out there, even animated. "Up" deals with the strong relationships that we all deal through in life when someone dies, and even though we've dealt with movies like this before, "Up" has human-like emotions, that it exceeds several of other love stories produced. Up's characters are wonderful Carl Fredrickson is an old man who is cranky after his wife's death, but yes, he is likable as his story is so tragic. Russel is the annoying kid, but he deals with the fact that his parent's don't pay attention to him, and... it is emotional. "Up"'s plotline in impeccably told, and deals with the beauty of our world love. After watching "Up", it makes you realize our world and our people, and how we are all connected to others by love and this is beautiful to realize in times like these. Expand
  20. Aug 5, 2013
    Up es una replica a seguir de como hacer y aprovechar una pelicula teniendo en cuenta los sentimientos y valores que hay que dar en este tipo de peliculas, una excelente muestra del amor en todo sentido y una pelicula mas que adorar de entre otras de Pixar
  21. May 21, 2012
    Though it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of anThough it is not the best Pixar film (for me, Ratatouille takes that spot), it is still a great movie. I love the fact that this this movie is very diverse, it has comedy moments, dramatic moments, action moments and a lot more. The flow of the story is brilliant, from start to finish, making the plot of the movie clear and understandable. And I appreciate that they make this more of an animation movie (which we all know that these movies are mostly for kids), where adults can relate. Yet again, Pixar has again produced an amazing movie and I am looking forward for more Pixar movies in the future... Expand
  22. Oct 19, 2014
    Up is a comedy adventure about 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 9-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell.
  23. Nov 7, 2011
    How many movies have an old man as a lead character? Very few, and its this original approach to film making that makes Pixar so good. The characters, story, animation and design of this film are brilliantly crafted. Up is just sort of being a masterpiece, it's a great animated American movie.
  24. Apr 6, 2015
    2nd best Pixar film ever. the charters are great the animation is great the story is decent but still really good. and if you know this movie the 1st 15 so minutes of this film are amazing.
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    Everyone talks about how sad this movie is, or at least about how sad the beginning is. Personally, I don't think that "sad" is the best word. It was more like...brilliant. Smooth story telling dense with emotion, irresistible humor, lovable and distinct characters, the perfect dose of peril and of course spot on animation. With this moving adventure of love, companionship and discoveringEveryone talks about how sad this movie is, or at least about how sad the beginning is. Personally, I don't think that "sad" is the best word. It was more like...brilliant. Smooth story telling dense with emotion, irresistible humor, lovable and distinct characters, the perfect dose of peril and of course spot on animation. With this moving adventure of love, companionship and discovering the real treasures in life, Pixar has managed to, once again, touch us to the core with the simplest of gestures and in the process add another sparkling gem to their vault. Expand
  26. Nov 22, 2010
    After losing his wife, Mr. Frederickson finally finds adventure as he strings a plethora of balloons to the top of his house and tries to fly himself to South America, where his wife had always wanted to go since she was young but never got the chance. But when a 9-year old obnoxious fellow swings on for the ride, Mr. Federickson has to learn to deal with him after a conflict arises onceAfter losing his wife, Mr. Frederickson finally finds adventure as he strings a plethora of balloons to the top of his house and tries to fly himself to South America, where his wife had always wanted to go since she was young but never got the chance. But when a 9-year old obnoxious fellow swings on for the ride, Mr. Federickson has to learn to deal with him after a conflict arises once landing in South America. Up is definitely a film for the entire family to feel excited about. The intial first 10 minutes are very heartwarming, but loses that warmth a little once the adventure begins, soon feeling like a shorter, much toned down adventure once it ends. Without a doubt Pixar delivers quality animation once again, but the feeling is different once the end credits, the same I saw in Cars and Monster's Inc. But definitely another masterpiece for 2009. Expand
  27. Aug 12, 2011
    This one is real, incredibly powerful, full of eye-popping visuals and a complicated protagonist that is introduced in an almost perfect way with a truly flawless montage to explain his life
  28. Jan 25, 2013
    reviewers had warned me and exited me before i saw this movie, and i immediately saw it twice, and a third time with director's commentary. pixar's up is so unbelievably good that i am now turning it into a moviegoers duty to once see this movie as a sort of holy pilgrimage. why is it so epic? because it's got everything. action, beautiful set pieces and animation, and, on top of it all,reviewers had warned me and exited me before i saw this movie, and i immediately saw it twice, and a third time with director's commentary. pixar's up is so unbelievably good that i am now turning it into a moviegoers duty to once see this movie as a sort of holy pilgrimage. why is it so epic? because it's got everything. action, beautiful set pieces and animation, and, on top of it all, and at the very core, because it's a deeply philosophical movie and a great teacher, and it parallels it's joy so much with it's sadness that it creates a memorable and heave experience. what i like most about the philosophical element is that all the characters are built around a theme, and they all mean something and have something to say, which makes every one stick to my memory. every person in their lifetime has to see up before dying. Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2011
    The opening seen in this is one of the few times a character death in a movie has actually saddened me. One of the most emotionally magnificent films ever crafted. The animation is incredibly vibrant, the score is rich and beautiful, and the voice acting is incredibly convincing. After hearing the story about the little girl who died after seeing this film, I only watch this film with moreThe opening seen in this is one of the few times a character death in a movie has actually saddened me. One of the most emotionally magnificent films ever crafted. The animation is incredibly vibrant, the score is rich and beautiful, and the voice acting is incredibly convincing. After hearing the story about the little girl who died after seeing this film, I only watch this film with more respect . A fantastic work of art. No wonder it was only the second animated film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar, this is amazing. Expand
  30. Dec 23, 2012
    Quite simply Pixar's best film to date. The emotional journey coupled with the eye-popping visuals makes for a film that deals with themes of tragedy, grief and loss encapsulated in such a sweet package - you won't be able to resist. This bravura film leaps beyond the apparent restrictions of an animated film with mature themes whilst still maintaining the innocent sentiments at heart.
  31. Jun 28, 2013
    A hilarious and emotional masterpiece by Pixar. Arguably one of their best films to date. The movie is full of memorable characters, witty dialogue, and excellent animation. A must see.
  32. Oct 13, 2014
    Touching, hilarious, and really funny, not to mention that the opening part is so sad and heart-warming. This is a film that you need to see. It tells a great love story, has memorable characters, and is nothing but a great adventure.
  33. Aug 13, 2011
    By all standards, this is Pixar's most beautiful, most enjoyable, deepest and funniest movie ever. I've had a smile throughout the whole movie, and all I can say is: terrific. It was such a refreshing feature and the story line was unique at it's best and worst. I didn't know what to expect when I went to see the movie. I thought it would be just another bubblegum animation, but boy, was IBy all standards, this is Pixar's most beautiful, most enjoyable, deepest and funniest movie ever. I've had a smile throughout the whole movie, and all I can say is: terrific. It was such a refreshing feature and the story line was unique at it's best and worst. I didn't know what to expect when I went to see the movie. I thought it would be just another bubblegum animation, but boy, was I wrong. This is the most pleasant surprise I've ever experienced in my whole life. The characters are so sympathetic and the dogs are extremely funny. Pixar did it again. Expand
  34. Dec 15, 2011
    Charming, emotional, hilarious, just some of the words that can be used to describe Disney/Pixar's Up. The opening of the film is the saddest thing I've ever seen in anything, and that's coming from a family film. Pixar continue to produce the best.
  35. Jun 21, 2012
    Up was so much better then I thought. Why give it a 6 A 5 or 2 out of 10? This film was amazing so just watch it. Up 9.5/10
  36. Jun 2, 2013
    The best Pixar film by far. The emotional breakthrough I had at the end the kindness and chivalry from the main character I left the theatre thinking everyone in the world should be like that
  37. Dec 29, 2012
    Up is as charming and funny as any adult movie, and it keeps the morality and gentle humanity of a Pixar classic. This is a cinematic masterpiece to behold for all ages, as its flaws are few and far between.
  38. Sep 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um filme perfeito. Com certeza um dos melhores da Pixar,se não o melhor. Mostra um velhinho que não quer desgrudar de sua casa por nada,e ainda vive o filme inteiro com o desejo de morar no Paraíso das Cachoeiras. O filme mostra superação e desbravamento. Palmas. Expand
  39. Jul 8, 2012
    This could arguably be Pixars greatest work, the first five minutes is without a doubt the greatest opening in cinema, getting all emotional scenes from every film in history and putting them into one beautifully told and stunning scenes. If the film had lived up to this it would undeniably be in the top 10 greatest films in history, but it turns into adventure that is so admirable. PixarThis could arguably be Pixars greatest work, the first five minutes is without a doubt the greatest opening in cinema, getting all emotional scenes from every film in history and putting them into one beautifully told and stunning scenes. If the film had lived up to this it would undeniably be in the top 10 greatest films in history, but it turns into adventure that is so admirable. Pixar again creates gorgeous visuals and a setting that is truly stunning, it Expand
  40. Aug 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. Up was PIXAR's masterpiece. I mean this movie was absolutely perfect. The characters were hilarious and you could relate to them very well. Doug the dog was the best comic relief ever in an animated film. The plot was extremely original it's not funny. That doesn't mean the movie's not humorous though. It's freaking hilarious and it's also possibly the best movie I've ever seen. The overall movie is 11/10 and it is just - GORGEOUS!

The movie definitely proves "Adventure is out there!" Well there definitely is. Also this movie is also the first I cried while watching. The first 5 minutes and the bit where Carl is flicking through Ellie's photo album/adventure book. PIXAR has done it again and they're still yet to make a dud. Cars was the closest thing to a dud. Up is so much better than any other animated movie this year. Coraline is pretty damn close to Up and so is Mary and Max. Anyone hear heard of Harvie Krumpet? Well Mary and Max was made by the same guy. Up is the animated king of 2009.
  41. Apr 26, 2013
    The best 3d animation i have see! The script is very sad, but show us how the life can be simple. On that movie you remember how important is promise.
  42. Jul 20, 2014
    Para mi, la mejor película de animación hasta el momento, ya se que para muchos Toy Story es mejor, pero esta posee un gran guión, combina la risa con las lágrimas a la perfección, es simplemente una obra maestra.
  43. Oct 20, 2012
    to be honest i thought this movie was going to suck the characters are very memorable and the storyline is amazing and 5 minutes in the movie has almost and or balling your eyes out pixar make the best cgi movie and most luckly will always make the best cgi movies this movie is touching moving funny and inspiring you serious let out every emotion possible during this movie and thats theto be honest i thought this movie was going to suck the characters are very memorable and the storyline is amazing and 5 minutes in the movie has almost and or balling your eyes out pixar make the best cgi movie and most luckly will always make the best cgi movies this movie is touching moving funny and inspiring you serious let out every emotion possible during this movie and thats the kind of movie that deserves a 10 Expand
  44. Jul 2, 2011
    Pixar continues to amaze me with the quality of their films. They have mastered the art of film-making and could change the way you think about the world with a colour or a sound. With "Up" they take you on an journey of subtle but dark emotion and quirky humor, exploring circumstances not unlike to those we experience in our lives. The script breathes life and genuine emotion into eachPixar continues to amaze me with the quality of their films. They have mastered the art of film-making and could change the way you think about the world with a colour or a sound. With "Up" they take you on an journey of subtle but dark emotion and quirky humor, exploring circumstances not unlike to those we experience in our lives. The script breathes life and genuine emotion into each character and perfectly selected tracks are only a few of the things that makes 'Up" so brilliant. It is a perfect family film and will make you cry and laugh till the end. Expand
  45. Apr 4, 2014
    I like this movie very much.It has all the thing to make a movie good.I like background music at the starting very much.UP! has me feel Up.IF you are tired of watching drama watch this movie you will not get tired
  46. Feb 5, 2013
    I was really excited for this because it would be the first I can root for a human protagonist (I wasn't a big fan of The Incredibles yet). Pixar upped the ante with this one as it takes the characters from a bustling city to the labyrinthine wilderness. It has the most touching opening of all the movies I've seen and things just get better as the movie progresses.
  47. Feb 16, 2012
    Pixar rarely disappoints. Another brilliant movie. A very colourful, intriguing and moving movie that will keep you anticipated the whole time. A variety of emotions were felt in this roller coaster ride especially the flashbacks which hits you hard. Definitely worth the nomination of Best Picture. Highly recommended.
  48. Jan 24, 2011
    Pixar at it's finest, showing that an animated film doesn't have to rely only on humour but also can be quite emotional. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie you automatically feel for the main character and become emotionally involved in the film, that alone got me really impressed, Great animation backed up with great characters ( as any dog owner would agree ) , very funny moviePixar at it's finest, showing that an animated film doesn't have to rely only on humour but also can be quite emotional. Within the first 10 minutes of the movie you automatically feel for the main character and become emotionally involved in the film, that alone got me really impressed, Great animation backed up with great characters ( as any dog owner would agree ) , very funny movie that also pulls at your heart strings. A Must see.. A classic. Expand
  49. Nov 23, 2013
    Possibly the most entertaining and heartwarming animated movie I have ever seen. Disney once again creates a touching story that will please children and adults alike.
  50. Jan 14, 2015
    Up is a film that touches your heart emotionally with its great animation, touching story and loveable characters. A must watch for anyone, even the people who don't like animation need to experience this movie.
  51. Apr 1, 2012
    I'm two years late to the party, but glad I arrived there anyways. I rarely get moved by a movie, but this one had me on the brink of crying more than once. The characters are likeable, the surroundings beautiful, and the story emotional. If you haven't seen it already I highly advice you to do so.
  52. Aug 17, 2010
    This was the best Pixar movie I've ever seen. I loved it, even thought it was sad it had a great story. The animation was very real, Blu-Ray is the way to go with this movie as well.
  53. Aug 29, 2010
    Up is a great family film,it is uplifting,funny,and and at event some parts dramatic.In my opinion it is one of the best movie to come out last year. The story is sweet and the visuals are great. These CGI graphics are outstanding,and look better than most high budget action movies. The acting is good,and each voice fits the charachters perfectly. The background score is great,and fitsUp is a great family film,it is uplifting,funny,and and at event some parts dramatic.In my opinion it is one of the best movie to come out last year. The story is sweet and the visuals are great. These CGI graphics are outstanding,and look better than most high budget action movies. The acting is good,and each voice fits the charachters perfectly. The background score is great,and fits perfectly to whats happening. This is one of Pixar's best and is a must see. Expand
  54. Aug 11, 2010
    This is my favorite film from Pixar, besides Monsters Inc. The story about finding an adventure to embark on and enjoy the ride is the over riding theme of this film. The quirky characters are not to be forgotten and emotional depth the film takes you as experience the joys and pitfalls of life.
  55. Jun 10, 2012
    Very good and humorous film about an old old man sat in his house on his favourite chair next to his wifes who unfortunately passed away a couple of years back, until he meets a scout boy named Russell, who is wanting his last badge called the "wilderness explorer" badge. Russell and his new old best friend goes flying over the rooftops of thousands of houses to get to the place where theVery good and humorous film about an old old man sat in his house on his favourite chair next to his wifes who unfortunately passed away a couple of years back, until he meets a scout boy named Russell, who is wanting his last badge called the "wilderness explorer" badge. Russell and his new old best friend goes flying over the rooftops of thousands of houses to get to the place where the old man has promised his old wife to go, South America, to a waterfall where they could build a house they have planned since the early ages of life, can he get there with a helping hand of Russell and some friends? Personally I LOVED this film and I am surprised there is some negative reviews!! :) great movie! Expand
  56. Nov 5, 2013
    This movie is the only animated movie that made me cry. it´s story is so heartwarming it´s charchaters are grow on you. this movie you must watch or if you donýou will miss one of the most satfiying movies of all time
  57. Aug 14, 2010
    UP is about an old man named Carl who sets out on an adventure, to fulfil his childhood sweetheartâ
  58. Oct 6, 2010
    The beginning montage is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The movie has enough for both adults and children to enjoy. All in all a fantastic story that reminds us all the seize the day!
  59. Dec 20, 2010
    I love every part .it is my favorite movie. it is funny in every shape and form. it is so cool. something bad happens ,but it turns out ok .there are thousands of movies , but RENT this .
  60. Jun 28, 2011
    This film, I found it very well made. It has a serious story line but great depth of character and some very funny seance. its slower pace sets it of from other animations with its dark beginning showing it to be film encompassing older generations.
  61. Nov 20, 2011
    cross your heart.a promise keep all lifetime,a lifetime for a dream,that's awesome.adventure is out there,just follow you heart,work for your dream,what the **** least 150 characters long.
  62. Mar 23, 2012
    The most powerful animated film ever made. Truly amazing. I am NOT ashamed to admit that, for most of the movie, I had tears streaming down my face (either due to laughter or sorrow). This is an example of what ALL movies should aspire to achieve: Truth, beauty, and downright awesomeness. :D In Christ, Jesrin.
  63. Dec 3, 2012
    I love the message behind this movie, even though it had such sad moments it is beautiful to understand that it is ok to dream and even though things do not happen the way we first think they would, doesn't mean they wouldn't happen at all.
  64. Mar 18, 2013
    Apart from Toy Story, this is truly Pixar's finest work to date. Not many studios can make an audience feel this much emotion for a character within the first 15 minutes of a film, but Pixar pulled it off. The rest of the film is brilliant to; it makes you laugh, it makes you cry and it keeps you immensely entertained throughout. One of my favorite films of all time.
  65. RichardS.
    May 30, 2009
    A splendid film. I'm 67yrs old and me and the wife took our grandkids to see it earlier tonight and we had a wonderful time. A great film that besides the funny jokes and fast action, actually had a message that my grandkids (4, 6, and 9 yrs old) picked up on while we talked about it over dinner afterwards. At first I thought this would be another one of those nonsensical cartoons A splendid film. I'm 67yrs old and me and the wife took our grandkids to see it earlier tonight and we had a wonderful time. A great film that besides the funny jokes and fast action, actually had a message that my grandkids (4, 6, and 9 yrs old) picked up on while we talked about it over dinner afterwards. At first I thought this would be another one of those nonsensical cartoons like that monsters vs aliens film we took them to a month ago, which was typical bubblegum. Up is a wonderful experience for all of us and I cannot commend the filmmakers enough for creating this feature. Expand
  66. AlexM.
    May 30, 2009
    This movie is seriously one of pixars best! The story and emotion to it were amazing! If you are a fan of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, or Finding Nemo, you will find this movie amazing! It is MUCH better than Wall-e, Cars, Ratatui, and The Incredibles. PIXAR IS BACK!!! I rank this movie in the top 3 pixars. GO SEE IT! Some people were crying in the movie!
  67. HollyC
    Jun 6, 2009
    --Light Spoilers Ahead--- This is one of my most favorite Pixar films---and I seriously went into the film doubting it a bit (I know I know!) Not only was I absolutely in love w/ the short that played ahead, "Partly Cloudy" but "Up" had me weeping---(out-right weeping!) in the first 20 minutes!!! The courage to take on grief and regret & make your protagonist a grumpy old man is --Light Spoilers Ahead--- This is one of my most favorite Pixar films---and I seriously went into the film doubting it a bit (I know I know!) Not only was I absolutely in love w/ the short that played ahead, "Partly Cloudy" but "Up" had me weeping---(out-right weeping!) in the first 20 minutes!!! The courage to take on grief and regret & make your protagonist a grumpy old man is astonishing in it's own right, but then to make it a great action adventure with plenty of eye candy and laughs as well---man, Pixar is just firing on all cylinders. Bravo to Pixar once again---probably some of our greatest story-tellers working today. Expand
  68. MegL
    Aug 30, 2009
    Best movie I have seen this summer. The first ten minutes were perfect. More emotion was evoked in that ten minutes than in any movie I have seen in a long while.
  69. LindaL.
    Feb 7, 2010
    I'm not a big fan of these animated darlings -- found "Nemo" OK, "Shrek" dull and "Wall-e" inane. But I really enjoyed "Up." Some quibbles with plot developments, but overall it was touching and sweet though still with a lot of grown-up appeal.
  70. ValS
    Oct 15, 2009
    What a truly wonderful, joyous and multi-layered film. I still choke up a little this morning, when I think of those emotional first five minutes - and even the ending made me sniffle. I loved the photos (another tread) that were run with the credits at the end as well - hilarious! This is a film about letting go and moving on. It is a film about hope, and about a journey that never ends, What a truly wonderful, joyous and multi-layered film. I still choke up a little this morning, when I think of those emotional first five minutes - and even the ending made me sniffle. I loved the photos (another tread) that were run with the credits at the end as well - hilarious! This is a film about letting go and moving on. It is a film about hope, and about a journey that never ends, but simply moves into a different dimension. It's a film about rekindling the core of youth and optimism that lies in our hearts however old we are. A great film, it ranks with the best. Wonderful jokes;we laughed out loud frequently and both of us marvelled at the depth of detail - from the way the seat on the armchair hollowed and wore with frequent use over the years, to the build-up of stubble on the old man's face. Of course, there are imperfections in the plot if you look for them, but this is a fantasy, remember! And frankly, if some animated figures can generate such heart and such emotion and leave you feeling so up-lifted, then who cares?! Expand
  71. zacS.
    Oct 17, 2009
    Pixar have churned out another brilliant film, their storytelling matches the crisp grapics. A must see.
  72. RichN
    Oct 27, 2009
    Just a very special film, moving, funny and brilliant. This is not just animation at it's best, it is filmmaking at its very best.
  73. JulianP.
    May 30, 2009
    Up was easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in the past 5 years. I am a 19 year old in the Army and along with my like-aged friends, we all found it to be cute, funny and just a great film. It is easy for people of all ages to find comedy in the film from quick gags to actual adult humor that disney and pixar have a nice way of throwing in. To those that remarked on how Up was easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in the past 5 years. I am a 19 year old in the Army and along with my like-aged friends, we all found it to be cute, funny and just a great film. It is easy for people of all ages to find comedy in the film from quick gags to actual adult humor that disney and pixar have a nice way of throwing in. To those that remarked on how the story was a little deep for younger viewers, never once did the film go deeper into sadness than a view scenes left more for the viewer to fill in their own interpretations. My friends and I found Up to be a great film and easily a new Disney classic. Expand
  74. Bhatts
    May 30, 2009
    breathtaking, frequently hilarious, practically life-affirming.
  75. SamE.
    May 30, 2009
    Brilliant film by Pixar- clearly the masters of animation. Must see film of the year- it is unfortunate that we have people rating this film on its 3D capabilities or on the fact that they believe the film was sad- not all films should produce perfect hollywood closure- it is those who cannot appreciate this concept that are truly missing out. i would advise against listening to anyone Brilliant film by Pixar- clearly the masters of animation. Must see film of the year- it is unfortunate that we have people rating this film on its 3D capabilities or on the fact that they believe the film was sad- not all films should produce perfect hollywood closure- it is those who cannot appreciate this concept that are truly missing out. i would advise against listening to anyone who compares anything to Monsters Vs Aliens period. Expand
  76. DinoP
    Jun 10, 2009
    If I could give it a 20, I would! Raises the bar on so many levels, from the crisp story-telling to the crisp 3D. The "back-story," delivered nearly without dialog, is masterful, bringing the audience to tears within the first 10 minutes! Genius, pure and simple.
  77. StevenS
    Jun 19, 2009
    this movie was the best in every way possible i don't see how people can give this below a 7. the animation was great and so was the plot. I see all these people complaining that the beginning is too depressing or sad but that is the point. it adds emotion and a plot to the story!. imagine if the beginning was different that his wife never died then this would be the plot, a guy goes this movie was the best in every way possible i don't see how people can give this below a 7. the animation was great and so was the plot. I see all these people complaining that the beginning is too depressing or sad but that is the point. it adds emotion and a plot to the story!. imagine if the beginning was different that his wife never died then this would be the plot, a guy goes on a house full of balloons for no reason the end. i think this movie was fantastic and i cant wait for it on dvd. Expand
  78. KennyD
    Jun 2, 2009
    Saw this movie at preview in London as a 3D. Wonderful story and characters. Surprisingly moving. Simple yet full of depth and the animation was 1st class as ever. Another Pixar classic
  79. RandyM
    Jun 5, 2009
    Simply put, "Up" is flawless. It's arguably Disney-Pixar's greatest film to date, and a triumph of human emotion and the spirit of adventure.
  80. MichaelE
    Jun 6, 2009
    I laughed, I cried, I felt for the characters, who are very likable and easy to relate to. Pixar's best movie yet in my opinion.
  81. FredB
    Jun 8, 2009
    This movie is not as it appears. It is more of an extended metaphor about the dispair people can feel when they grow old and their dreams are never realized. The movie features an infertile couple who have big dreams that are never realized; sadly they grow old and the wife passes away. Luckily, the remainder of the storyline is a chance for the widowed man to do things differently. My This movie is not as it appears. It is more of an extended metaphor about the dispair people can feel when they grow old and their dreams are never realized. The movie features an infertile couple who have big dreams that are never realized; sadly they grow old and the wife passes away. Luckily, the remainder of the storyline is a chance for the widowed man to do things differently. My wife and I really connected with this movie as we have fertility problems and have recently adopted two children. I spent alot of the movie fighting my tears, and realizing that adopting children is our UP. Expand
  82. JenniferK
    Jun 8, 2009
    A superb film. My kids (ages 4, 6, and 10) loved it! It actually had more depth and a great life lesson to be realized, compared to most cartoons today wherein it's all slapstick nonsensical action. Up had it's whimsical and fantasy elements, yet, the human story of Carl and Russell was without question the core of the movie. There were plenty of laughs too and in the end, it A superb film. My kids (ages 4, 6, and 10) loved it! It actually had more depth and a great life lesson to be realized, compared to most cartoons today wherein it's all slapstick nonsensical action. Up had it's whimsical and fantasy elements, yet, the human story of Carl and Russell was without question the core of the movie. There were plenty of laughs too and in the end, it was a movie that left us happy and enlightened and makes you see and appreciate life as a whole. Expand
  83. ThomasA
    Jun 8, 2009
    What a wonderful film this was. Heartfelt and endearing, Hilarious and poignant. The entire family had a great GREAT time! My kids even picked up on one of the great lessons in the movie which conveys that the simple things in life can be the best of times as well, and to always be helpful of elders and other people.
  84. DeeThink
    Jul 30, 2009
    A masterpiece in every way that you can call a movie one. A direct insult to all who create "trash" film.
  85. JesseJ
    Jan 10, 2010
    AMAZING! Enjoyed it as much as Wall-E but a bill less than Rattatouile (donno how to spell it :S). I recommend any one to watch it! The dog is sooo funny. "OH BOY OH BOY, I WILL GO GET THE BALL THEN BRING IT BACK"!
  86. SarahR
    Nov 28, 2009
    By far, the best animated movie I have ever seen. I didn't think I'd like it because I've never really enjoyed pixar that much. But, it's funny, beautiful, heartworming, worth every dime.
  87. JayH.
    Nov 5, 2009
    A brilliant film, wildly and wonderfully imaginative. The animation is amazing, the writing sublime. It is funny and touching, always fascinating, never a dull moment. Excellent in every respect.
  88. IanS.
    Oct 21, 2009
    Never has a Pixar film moved me in such a way as "UP". With plenty of laugh out loud moments, it also has heart, and will almost certainly bring you to tears.
  89. FeliciaN.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Well worth seeing. Good for all ages, Adults won't be bored.
  90. Ostaf
    Oct 8, 2009
    I cried, I laughed and I am 19....good movie.

The worst part though was that there was a little sitting in front of me and when it was over she turned to her mother and said "that movie SUCKED!" and I was still wiping a tear out of my eye while chuckling
  91. MikeS
    Oct 9, 2009
    Having fallen in love with this film even before its delivery, I must say here and now that Up both fulfilled and surpassed my expectations. Flawless animation is coupled here with a story and plot which are both hilarious and tear-jerking at the same time. I would happily call Up my film of the year.
  92. KellyP.
    May 30, 2009
    Funny and heartwarming. A great movie is always first and last about a great story, the amazing animation just happens to be the vehicle. Fabulous!
  93. AaronG.
    May 30, 2009
    A beautiful masterpiece, like a rose in a grassy hill. The folks at Pixar Studios should be proud of their tenth Triple-A production in a row. What starts out as an innocent little dream, turns into a jaw-dropping adventure, taking us through the clouds, the highest peaks of mountains, through the jungle, and raging through the sky. Although it might not look as good as Wall-E and the 3D A beautiful masterpiece, like a rose in a grassy hill. The folks at Pixar Studios should be proud of their tenth Triple-A production in a row. What starts out as an innocent little dream, turns into a jaw-dropping adventure, taking us through the clouds, the highest peaks of mountains, through the jungle, and raging through the sky. Although it might not look as good as Wall-E and the 3D was unneeded, UP comes through as an outstanding picture for the whole family to enjoy. Two thumbs up. Expand
  94. AaronB
    Jun 1, 2009
    For years we have been waiting for the folks at Pixar falter, wondering how far the earth will shift off of its axis when they drop their first bomb, lay their first egg. When you read the premise for "Up" -- a man in the twilight of life embarks on a journey by attaching several thousand balloons to his home -- I thought this was going to be that streak ender. Boy was I wrong. Touching For years we have been waiting for the folks at Pixar falter, wondering how far the earth will shift off of its axis when they drop their first bomb, lay their first egg. When you read the premise for "Up" -- a man in the twilight of life embarks on a journey by attaching several thousand balloons to his home -- I thought this was going to be that streak ender. Boy was I wrong. Touching from beginning to end, with some of Pixar's most humorous moments yet easily some of it's most poignant, "Up" soars high above the clouds of Paradise Falls. Particularly impressive is the opening montage that explains the lives of Ellie and Carl Frederickson without as much as a word, but left many in the theater where I saw it in tears. One could argue that the most recent slate of Pixar Movies (Up, Ratatouille and Wall-E) are deeper, richer and greater achievements than their predecessors. Expand
  95. GeorgeM
    Jun 17, 2009
    UP is, dare I say it, .the best film I've seen so far this summer. It's just a very refreshing diversion from all the Wolverine and Terminator travesties we've endured. Our main character Carl starts out as a little wide-eyed boy who dreams of adventure who later becomes a rather bitter old man after the death of his wife and building contractors wanting to bulldoze his UP is, dare I say it, .the best film I've seen so far this summer. It's just a very refreshing diversion from all the Wolverine and Terminator travesties we've endured. Our main character Carl starts out as a little wide-eyed boy who dreams of adventure who later becomes a rather bitter old man after the death of his wife and building contractors wanting to bulldoze his house, so instead...he ties a bunch of balloons to his house and off he goes with a miniature wilderness explorer, Russell, along for the ride. UP is just a great film for all ages...it has goofy stuff for the kids (that I must admit, I found funny at times) and it simply oozes "heart". The film does carry some interesting tones that I imagine are aimed more at adults...the idea of getting old or the horrible feeling of losing someone very dear to you and learning to let go...there really is something for everyone in UP. I loved the little side-characters in this film that provide some of the funniest moments...the speaking dog (who you can't help but like) and the bird (does not speak, but lights up the screen with a physcial presence) back up the film very nicely and they both chew up the scenes when on screen. UP is what "good clean fun" is all about when it comes to movies...you dont need explosions, morphing robots, and guys with claws...you just need great adventure, memorable characters, and like I mentioned earlier....heart. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. Expand
  96. DamonP
    Jun 1, 2009
    Up is another Pixar gem. I'm not sure this studio can do anything wrong. If you would have told me I would have loved a movie about an Old man and some Kid, I would have laughed at you. I couldn't have been more wrong. The movie tugs at your heartstrings for the entire running time.And was a joy to watch through and through.
  97. JohnL
    Jun 1, 2009
    Animation is similar to that found in the Incredibles, but improved. The movie entertains a pretty sad story with various adverntures throughout. Well done. One of my favorite characters had to be Doug the dog, he was awesome.
  98. JimR
    Jun 1, 2009
    Amazing in it's depth and width - Not a wasted frame in it.
  99. BillPhu
    Jun 2, 2009
    While I don't think that it is nearly as humourous as WALL-E or Monsters vs Aliens 3D, I think that this movie is fantastic in it's own right. The trailers seem to imply that it's another another funny movie in the vein as previous productions, but it isn't There is humour, but there's far more romanticism than in any recent animated movies. It's touching,While I don't think that it is nearly as humourous as WALL-E or Monsters vs Aliens 3D, I think that this movie is fantastic in it's own right. The trailers seem to imply that it's another another funny movie in the vein as previous productions, but it isn't There is humour, but there's far more romanticism than in any recent animated movies. It's touching, and some of the themes such as promises, loss and family may be lost on a younger (i.e. < 10) crowd, but that doesn't make this a bad movie. Expand
  100. ArthurC.
    Jun 2, 2009
    Pixar is unstoppable. Now, this isn't as good as Ratatouille or Wall-E or The Incredibles, but it's still jaw droppingly amazing. The film is beautiful filled with great characters and some terrific gags. The message was definitely more adult, dealing with aging and appreciating the life you had as well as continuing forward with new adventures. No other animation studio gets Pixar is unstoppable. Now, this isn't as good as Ratatouille or Wall-E or The Incredibles, but it's still jaw droppingly amazing. The film is beautiful filled with great characters and some terrific gags. The message was definitely more adult, dealing with aging and appreciating the life you had as well as continuing forward with new adventures. No other animation studio gets characterization and theme right like Pixar. And they do it without referencing pop culture. Why can't producers take a lesson from these guys. Expand

1. Winsome, touching and arguably the funniest Pixar effort ever, the gorgeously rendered, high-flying adventure is a tidy 90-minute distillation of all the signature touches that came before it.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A captivating odd-couple adventure that becomes funnier and more exciting as it flies along.
  3. By all means, see Up in its 3-D incarnation: The cliff drops are vertiginous, and the scores of balloons--bunched into the shape of one giant balloon--are as pluckable as grapes.