Up

Universal acclaim based on 1120 Ratings
1,030
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeDec 29, 2015
It's a true adventure made by Pixar. I love Dug so much from the movie and it'll be as exciting as you wanted it to be and it'll be an adventure in progress.
BrianMcCriticJun 18, 2013
Another great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug theAnother great Pixar movie that has characters that you can connect with. Especially Ed Asner's character, you really feel the love he had for his wife and the pain he goes through when she dies. Also the other characters including Doug the dog and Kevin the snipe make for the fun adventure. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 29, 2011
Animation giant Pixar walks into 2009 with their new animation "Up". The movie is so organized and amazing, all I could suggest to you is to just shut up and watch the movie.
Meth-dudeApr 26, 2014
Funny,touching,and incredibly good graphics this is by far one of my favourite pixar movie of all time.The characters are really funny,if i had to recommend a movie from pixar this is the one i would name.
lukechristianscMar 14, 2014
people say old people are just mean when you up it tells you old people have a big heart also pixar has a way to creative better films . i always love the old guy in this movie
cameronmorewoodNov 17, 2012
Tells one of the greatest love stories in cinematic history in a brisk eight minutes. That, as is the film itself, is a wonderful, awe aspiring work of genius.
Trev29Jul 1, 2013
Up had a great beginning, an unimpressive middle, and a pleasant ending. It is far from the best material Pixar has produced. You get the feeling it could had been so much more imaginative considering the premise was wonderful.
ydnar4Aug 13, 2015
Up is another original triumph for Pixar. This movie is up there with Toy Story and Monsters Inc. as one of the best Pixar movies I've seen. The animation is like no other film and the casting for the voices is spot on and there really aren'tUp is another original triumph for Pixar. This movie is up there with Toy Story and Monsters Inc. as one of the best Pixar movies I've seen. The animation is like no other film and the casting for the voices is spot on and there really aren't any A-List stars providing voices for this movie which is impressive as well. This film seems kind of ridiculous at times but it is fun and very thoughtful. The characters are essentially perfect and very well developed so I really cared for these fictional characters. Up is also one of the funniest children's films that I have ever watched. Expand
TokyochuchuMar 9, 2014
Up is a decent yet patchy addition to the Pixar cannon. The elements that deal with grief work excellently, yet the action is a little too abstract in comparison. Love those talking dogs, though. Hilarious!
CineAutoctonoDec 2, 2015
Consistent , at first I was not interested , but at the end of the day, I ventured to see it , and it was a wonderful adventure , I sack humor, but also some tears. Touching is much like that touch me like all .
ZilcellNov 16, 2011
Up is a great animated film that is among the best from Pixar. It has the most heart warming story that Pixar has ever had and the characters are great.
FranzHcriticJul 7, 2014
The beginning is poignant and sad at the same time. The rest follows a heartfelt tale of a man's journey, not just to Paradise Falls. The trio of the old man, the scout, and the dog is not only funny, but like actual family. Pixar has so manyThe beginning is poignant and sad at the same time. The rest follows a heartfelt tale of a man's journey, not just to Paradise Falls. The trio of the old man, the scout, and the dog is not only funny, but like actual family. Pixar has so many greats on its agenda I doubt anyone can replicate it. Expand
MovieLonely94Oct 31, 2010
from the guys who brought you Monsters INC comes another memorable movie for kids and adults also known as Up. whats my opinion of it? its not my favorite, but its great. every Pixar movie kicks a**. Great characters, Great writing, Greatfrom the guys who brought you Monsters INC comes another memorable movie for kids and adults also known as Up. whats my opinion of it? its not my favorite, but its great. every Pixar movie kicks a**. Great characters, Great writing, Great music, and most of all: Great animation. Rating: 89% Expand
heyitsmegrif4Jan 16, 2012
Up is timeless, emotional, heartfelt; everything in Up is in the right place its humor, heart and characters everything is just timeless and wonderful. I give this film 97%.
StevenFJun 25, 2013
Pixar may have created some of their finest work yet in the form of Up, it really packs an emotional punch that is difficult to find these days with real actors involved, but they manage to tell a love story and have a father/son orPixar may have created some of their finest work yet in the form of Up, it really packs an emotional punch that is difficult to find these days with real actors involved, but they manage to tell a love story and have a father/son or grandfather/grandson dynamic in this film that also show wonderful visuals that outline just how far the company has come since its Toy Story days.
With a wonderful opening montage that is almost void of any speaking, we are shown a heartbreaking story of love and loss, we are introduced to Carl, and elderly man who is the last remaining housing owner on a piece of land that is trying to be taken away to make room for some major development.
Carl is threatened with a retirement home so makes plans to get away to Paradise Falls, a place "lost in time", he attaches thousands of balloons to his house and floats off into the sky, but with added guests.
Russell, a young scout who accidentally tagged along, proves a welcome and hilarious friend for the ageing Carl, his witty lines but angelic charm have made him an unforgettable character in the Pixar family.
The themes within the film are edgy but realistic in Pixar terms. A film that deals with death, hints of fatherly abandonment and getting old are indeed tough but heartfelt messages, but these have been dealt with brilliantly, the whole film is an adventure of spontaneity and self discovery, don't necessarily plan everything in front of you but perhaps live a little and go with the flow. Carl has lived his whole life wishing to take hsi joinery, but only decides to do so at 78 years old.
The character of Russell is wonderfully voice acted by Jordan Nagai, who shows the innocence but also sponge-like nature of a child, picking up on everything that their elders do, but there for some blunt truth when necessary. The adventures these two take the viewer on will leave you wanting more and more, with hilarious and over the top antics to rival in of this studios previous efforts.
This is without doubt one of Pixar's finest efforts, it has plenty of clever but also slapstick humour, an even mix to appeal to the audience in masses, a heartfelt and motivational story of life going on, and is certainly a visual spectacle to behold.
homer4presidentMar 12, 2015
Pixar always makes the best movies that touch us, such as Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. This movie made me cry and laugh. Every great movie gives you both. Another outstanding story made by Pixar, about always going forPixar always makes the best movies that touch us, such as Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. This movie made me cry and laugh. Every great movie gives you both. Another outstanding story made by Pixar, about always going for your dreams, the limits are endless for adventure. Expand
FuturedirectorMay 6, 2016
Up gives a familiar message, with unforgettable character,ps, inventive story-telling, breathtaking plot and music, this film shows the bad way and the best way of human, with funny and powerfully-parts that entertain the audience of any kind.
Movie1997Jun 9, 2013
This is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is howThis is a Pixar movie that really took me by surprise. It really made me like more than I thought I would. The story is marvelous, the characters are very interesting and the plot is unbelievable. What really surprised me in this movie is how much this movie really has heart. I mean, all Pixar movies have heart, but this one has a lot of it. Basically because the story is about how Carl has to deal with losing his wife. It really impacted my heart-strings in a way that no Pixar movie had done before. Plus, it has its really funny moments as well. I was afraid that this movie would have that quirky childish-like humor, but honestly it didn't. It worked really well for both kids and adults in a much different way. Even the music was made perfectly to the tone of the movie. This movie is definitely in the top 3 best Pixar movies ever made. Not only that, but it's also in my top 5 movies ever made. Overall, it's a powerful Pixar movie. Expand
diogomendesJun 29, 2014
There will be always somebody who doesn't like this film but what that person can't deny, is that "Up" is beautifully animated, incredibly well written, amazingly voiced (for every country), undeniably laugh-a-minute gags and another Pixar hit.
axelkochAug 25, 2012
'Up' is funny, heartrending and lovingly made - very good pictures! But the story with the talking dogs is a bit silly and probably just there to fill time. Also, there are many goofs but that's okay. All in all, one of the best disney movies'Up' is funny, heartrending and lovingly made - very good pictures! But the story with the talking dogs is a bit silly and probably just there to fill time. Also, there are many goofs but that's okay. All in all, one of the best disney movies of all time - a good time for childs and grown-ups! Expand
SEROJJan 19, 2015
I had a lots of fun! No matter if you like animations or no, i think you are going to enjoy this great Disney Pixar animation! Nice overall story and characters with some minor weaknesses! 7/10 Recommended
OfficialMar 8, 2014
It's sweet, emotional, and hilarious adventure from Pixar. Adults would probably enjoy this film more than kids, but nevertheless, this is a great family & kids film.
drlowdonSep 28, 2015
After the emotional opening half hour Up descends (Ha!) into slightly clichéd territory but remains entertaining for the duration of its running time. I personally wouldn't rate it as highly as the very best animated movies but this isAfter the emotional opening half hour Up descends (Ha!) into slightly clichéd territory but remains entertaining for the duration of its running time. I personally wouldn't rate it as highly as the very best animated movies but this is another solid effort from the always reliable Pixar. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 15, 2013
Up goes high.
Another spectacular animated achievement from Pixar, Up is successful from beautiful artwork to a great story. A great movie with great emotion.
sanyrubMay 4, 2015
Brilliant first act where emotions ride high. Beautiful, heartwarming and special. However, from the middle of the film to the end it does not feel that special and suffers a clear decline in originality and quality. Still very goodBrilliant first act where emotions ride high. Beautiful, heartwarming and special. However, from the middle of the film to the end it does not feel that special and suffers a clear decline in originality and quality. Still very good nonetheless. Visually stunning and colourful. Great concept that suffers towards the end of the film. A 7.5 out of 10. Expand
FreedomFightersNov 18, 2016
"Okay, this is it! Everyone said that WALL-E was one of the greatest films of all time, no way can Pixar follow up with something amazing!"
Or so you think. "Up," Pixar's 10th feature film, is truly an amazing film that has a little bit of everything: it's funny, it's exciting, it's emotional, it's sad, it's happy, it's beautifully-animated, wonderfully-written, and superbly-acted. Pixar may no longer be on the same dominant winning streak in 2016 as they were in 2009 (not to say they've been bad. Far from it, in fact), but at least "Up" wasn't the film to end the winning streak. If you enjoy quality films, make it a point to watch "Up" at some point: you'll thank me later.
DanBurritoSep 12, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I imagine that people must have been skeptical when they saw the trailer for this. An old man who flies off in a house attached to balloons with a kid who got on by accident and meets a talking dog and a weird bird? Must have been a hard idea to pitch. But people-this is Pixar. The movie is a touching and tear inducing masterpiece with a beginning that will break your heart no matter how tough you claim to be. There are a few bothersome things (like how can Muntz be still alive now if he was like, 40 when Carl was 8? ). But if you get past that, you'll love it. It might be a bit deep for small kids, but like most Pixar films, adults will be entertained a lot more than they might expect. Expand
MovieManiac83Apr 24, 2015
"Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they"Up" is a wonderful film, with characters who are as believable as any characters can be who spend much of their time floating above the rain forests of Venezuela. They have tempers, problems and obsessions. They are cute and goofy, but they aren't cute in the treacly way of little cartoon animals. They're cute in the human way of the animation master Hayao Miyazaki. Two of the three central characters are cranky old men, which is a wonder in this youth-obsessed era. "Up" doesn't think all heroes must be young or sweet, although the third important character is a nervy kid.

This is another masterwork from Pixar, which is leading the charge in modern animation. The movie was directed by Pete Docter, who also directed "Monsters, Inc.," wrote "Toy Story" and was a co-writer on "WALL-E" before leaving to devote full time to this project. So Docter's one of the leading artists of this latest renaissance of animation.

The movie will be shown in 3-D in some theaters, about which I will say nothing, except to advise you to save the extra money and see it in 2-D. One of the film's qualities that is likely to be diminished by 3-D is its subtle and beautiful color palette. "Up," like "Finding Nemo," "Toy Story," "Shrek" and "The Lion King," uses colors in a way particularly suited to its content.

"Up" tells a story as tickling to the imagination as the magical animated films of my childhood, when I naively thought that because their colors were brighter, their character outlines more defined and their plots simpler, they were actually more realistic than regular films.

With vast inside spaces, the airship is outfitted like a great ocean liner from the golden age, with a stately dining room, long corridors, a display space rivaling the Natural History Museum and an attic spacious enough to harbor fighter planes. Muntz, who must be a centenarian by now, is hale, hearty and mean, his solitary life shared only by robotic dogs.

The adventures on the jungle plateau are satisfying in a Mummy/Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones sort of way. But they aren't the whole point of the film. This isn't a movie like "Monsters vs. Aliens," which is mostly just frenetic action. There are stakes here, and personalities involved, and two old men battling for meaning in their lives. And a kid who, for once, isn't smarter than all the adults. And a loyal dog. And an animal sidekick. And always that house and those balloons.
FilmVirtueFeb 14, 2014
A stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyedA stellar creation by Pixar. "Up" is a film I believe is for everyone. That somehow reaches into everyone's souls and pulls out the heart in them. Not just the heart, but the feeling of enjoyment that this film does intend to do. I enjoyed the film from start to finish, not just once, but several times over. Expand
ryancarroll88Aug 27, 2010
In terms of emotional immersion, characterization, humor, and just good old-fashioned entertainment, Pixar puts all other summer fare to shame.