Valentine's Day

5.1

1. MieschellB.
    Feb 15, 2010
    I enjoyed each story line that wove around each one, and even threw in a twist that even at the end made me cry a little. LIfe is not what we expect it to be and this is what the story was giving the audience.. Would definitely own this one when it comes to DVD and BlueRay.
  2. RowanJ.
    Feb 13, 2010
    This movie is a great, feel good, date flick... of course if it was a great, feel good date rape flick, THEN the critics would be falling all over it. Ya know, sometimes folks just wanna have a laugh, feel ggod, enjoy themselves, and escape for a while and what's wrong with that.
  3. Marc
    Feb 13, 2010
    This movie was really amazing, it was really funny and the actors really did an amazing job except Taylor Swift who really deserve a razzie for worst supporting actress.
  4. BrendanM.
    Feb 14, 2010
    This movie is adorable, sure to bring your depressing valentines day up, if you have one so as speaking, Garner pulls another spectacular role in this movie, but i couldn't help be annoyed by both Taylor's performance, Swift disgraced herself so much, i would never let her into another movie, and Laughtner, hes is cute and all, but only just a cute face.
  5. BryceS.
    Feb 15, 2010
    Funny, but not so funny that your face hurts... Definitely a good movie... but you can wait to watch it when it's out on TV.
  6. AaronM
    Feb 15, 2010
    While you might not care for the relationships themselves in the movie, it is something about the story, the pacing, the direction, and tone of the movie that is overwhelmingly enjoyable! You'd have to be a grinch not to enjoy this movie for the simple entertainment it is. Also, it also felt good to see a movie with so many stars where they seem to just enjoy acting and not While you might not care for the relationships themselves in the movie, it is something about the story, the pacing, the direction, and tone of the movie that is overwhelmingly enjoyable! You'd have to be a grinch not to enjoy this movie for the simple entertainment it is. Also, it also felt good to see a movie with so many stars where they seem to just enjoy acting and not everything is so heavy and burdensome. This movie is both a tribute to actors as well as the audience the movie invites along for the ride. Expand
  7. JohnL.
    Feb 15, 2010
    The crtitics are too hard on this one. I have seen many movies worse than this one, it wasn't even that bad. It was slightly better than average. Every single character had their own story arc, and most of them by themselves were great, but on top of that they were all intertwined at the end. If you got tired of one of the actors and their character all you had to do was wait for the The crtitics are too hard on this one. I have seen many movies worse than this one, it wasn't even that bad. It was slightly better than average. Every single character had their own story arc, and most of them by themselves were great, but on top of that they were all intertwined at the end. If you got tired of one of the actors and their character all you had to do was wait for the next one to come up. Each character, even though they are rich and live in Beverly Hills, represented a problem that any of us may face in our everyday lives. Most of these characters and their struggles with love were executed brilliantly on big screen. The only thing wrong with this movie, and the reason my score is a 7, is because I felt that a lot of the story arcs were brought to a effortless, easy ending that really made you disappointed. If you're going to put this much time and effort into a movie, don't do it half ass. Finish strong, its truely the ending that counts. In conclusion, whether you're single, in a relationship, or married, looking for someone, avoiding commitment, or have something preventing you from following your dreams, no matter who you are or what your status is, you will be able to relate to someone in this movie, and it is satisfying. Expand
  8. SeanB.
    Feb 12, 2010
    While the movie did jump all over the place, I think its a great movie for singles, dating couples, and married people. It has powerful lessons on how to best find the right person for you, the consequences of being unfaithful, and that you have to love both the good and bad of the one you love. Most of all, the best message of the movie is don't rush in.
  9. YvetteK.
    Feb 12, 2010
    I loved this movie! I walked in the movie theatre wanting a nice break from reality and got just that. It was cute, funny, sad, and just plain adorable. The only negative comment I have here is critics. Movies are just that movies and there is so much negativity in this world as it is. I never generally read critics reviews because I like to make up my own mind on a movie and I am glad I I loved this movie! I walked in the movie theatre wanting a nice break from reality and got just that. It was cute, funny, sad, and just plain adorable. The only negative comment I have here is critics. Movies are just that movies and there is so much negativity in this world as it is. I never generally read critics reviews because I like to make up my own mind on a movie and I am glad I do. If I listened to critics I would never have seen so many movies I have enjoyed throughout the years. Expand
  10. JennyC.
    Feb 14, 2010
    This film was quite enjoyable. It seems that Garry Marshall set out to make a simple, enjoyable date movie and he accomplished just that. I think the backlash has come due to the decency (lack of crudity) in the film and the fact that it is a huge ensemble cast that represents an easy target for critics to malign. The acting was good (Ashton Kutcher, who is sometimes insufferable, does This film was quite enjoyable. It seems that Garry Marshall set out to make a simple, enjoyable date movie and he accomplished just that. I think the backlash has come due to the decency (lack of crudity) in the film and the fact that it is a huge ensemble cast that represents an easy target for critics to malign. The acting was good (Ashton Kutcher, who is sometimes insufferable, does especially well in creating the affable character Reed) and the stories are woven together in an interesting way. Expand
  11. SteveT.
    Feb 15, 2010
    Much better than expected.
  12. Peru
    Feb 16, 2010
    This movie was better than I expected and did a good job on using the whole star studded cast in this movie and there were two twists that I had no idea would happen so it made the ending a lot better with having it half predictable and half unpredictable.
  13. DevonandJordyn
    Feb 13, 2010
    This was the best movie I have seen in a very long time. I was laughing throughout the entire film and a lot of the men were very sexy. I thought Taylor swift did an excellent job and I could not have asked for a better night.
  14. DougD.
    Feb 14, 2010
    Compared to other films, it was a pleasant change. No blood, no vulgar comments, and happy ending for Valentine's Day romance. Moreover, the theater was full and applause was heard at the conclusion of the movie. Bottom line, it was better that most.
  15. PaulS.
    Feb 14, 2010
    For Valentine fluff, it's perky and amusing. The reviews are a little hard on it.
  16. RichieF.
    Feb 15, 2010
    Basically, ignore every "professional" review you hear about this movie. I went in thinking it was going to be a mildly funny chick flick with an amazing cast. But it was more than just a guilty pleasure movie. It was fun and literally the perfect movie to see on V-Day. While it wasn't a perfect movie, it was still cool to see each individual story tie in with each other, all leading Basically, ignore every "professional" review you hear about this movie. I went in thinking it was going to be a mildly funny chick flick with an amazing cast. But it was more than just a guilty pleasure movie. It was fun and literally the perfect movie to see on V-Day. While it wasn't a perfect movie, it was still cool to see each individual story tie in with each other, all leading up to the great, meaningful ending - when you see it, you'll know what I mean. I really do recommend this movie to basically everybody. If not for the storyline, at least go for the awesome cast! Expand
  17. Sep 3, 2010
    This is one of Julia Roberts' worse current movies. She hardly appears in the beginning,and it's very bland. I couldn't watch it for more than fifteen minutes.
  18. Mar 12, 2011
    Gone with the Wind it is not, but anyone expecting it to have been needs to re-evaluate themselves. While apparently in the extreme minority, I have a soft spot for rom-coms. Valentine's Day, while attempting to blatantly rip off the format and appeal of "Love, Actually," American style, it may not succeed as an honest, heart-tugging rom-com, but it's entertaining, funny, cute and sweetGone with the Wind it is not, but anyone expecting it to have been needs to re-evaluate themselves. While apparently in the extreme minority, I have a soft spot for rom-coms. Valentine's Day, while attempting to blatantly rip off the format and appeal of "Love, Actually," American style, it may not succeed as an honest, heart-tugging rom-com, but it's entertaining, funny, cute and sweet enough so as not to completely fail. I adored it, actually. I've always enjoyed Garry Marshall movies, one of my favorite being "Nothing in Common," because Garry has a knack for displaying humanity quite well, even when masked with comedy. It was natural for him to do a movie like this. I just wish it hadn't been so easily comparable to "Love, Actually," which was remarkable. I think it unfortunately took the wind out of what could have been a pleasant movie. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2010
    Overall I'd say it's a pretty good movie, a good cast with a lot of different story lines overlapping. A very light film and easy to watch. It kinda drags on a bit at the end but I still enjoyed it.
  20. Sep 9, 2012
    This movie is pretty ridiculous and stupid. With all the different story lines it was hard not to find at least one of them to take a liking too. Some of the actors were horrible while others were much better. I still liked it though!
  21. Jul 9, 2013
    i love this film very much because taylor swift OMG i love her but i cant watch this film i dont know i try try but not i cant watch it please can anybody help me you can sed you can watch it from i dont know
  22. Dec 20, 2015
    This film isn't quite not that bad (yes the script by Katherine Fugate, Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein is formulaic the cast is waiting in line for their paychecks),but it has a idealized look at love, and the message is dopey but you appreciate it. It's Valentine's day! In Las Angeles and there is a bunch of love stories here a babysitter (Emma Roberts) tries to lose her virginity to aThis film isn't quite not that bad (yes the script by Katherine Fugate, Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein is formulaic the cast is waiting in line for their paychecks),but it has a idealized look at love, and the message is dopey but you appreciate it. It's Valentine's day! In Las Angeles and there is a bunch of love stories here a babysitter (Emma Roberts) tries to lose her virginity to a guy who she really likes, while her grandparents (Hector Elizondo and Shirley MacLaine) are struggling with their marriage. The grandparents grandson Edison (Bryce Robinson) wants to buy flowers for his special valentine. A sports reporter (Jamie Fox) gets to cover the Valentine's day story. A football star (Eric Dane) tries to contemplates his future. A female military captain (Julia Roberts nice seeing her back in a Gary Marshall movie) befriends a fellow passenger (Bradley Cooper). And there's a special "I hate Valentine's Day" party. Country singer Taylor Swift shows us her comedic talents, which I thought wasn't funny, and not a good actress. There are a lot of twist and turns here in the big finale ones you did not expect or thought it more clearly. Also nothing is funny in this movie expect SPOILER ALERT! When Garner beats the living hell of a pinata. A few good performances and a few dumb stories here. 3/4 stars Expand

1. Yet another Hollywood romantic comedy that's all but devoid of romance and laughs.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    As gooey and lacking in protein as a chocolate holiday bonbon, Valentine's Day plays like a feature-length commercial produced by the Friends of the Valentine Promotional Society.
  3. Shoddy enough within its primary genre, Valentine's Day becomes deadly in its attempt to be a Los Angeles Ensemble Movie.