Vegas Vacation

8.2

1. Aug 1, 2015
    What ever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, at this point this movie should stay there long and forgotten. This film is so warn out and the characters are fleshed out, no I haven't watched European Vacation but I don't need to because I already know the franchise is a disaster and this movie proves it also be more disappointed when there's one more vacation movie starring Randy Quaid. ChevyWhat ever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, at this point this movie should stay there long and forgotten. This film is so warn out and the characters are fleshed out, no I haven't watched European Vacation but I don't need to because I already know the franchise is a disaster and this movie proves it also be more disappointed when there's one more vacation movie starring Randy Quaid. Chevy Chase returns as dimwitted dad Clark W. Griswold in a pratfall-down funny romp bouncing from the casino to a Hoover Dam tour to Vegas shows and more. Chase and Quaid try to be those funny characters we use to know, but their characters are in this tiresome disaster unfunny franchise that should end. Grade D- Expand
  2. SteveH.
    Mar 24, 2006
    I loved the Vacation movies, even European Vacation which was panned by the critics. But Vegas Vacation? I almost chuckled once but otherwise this movie was ridiculously bad. No wonder it went straight to DVD!

1. Throughout this lame film, directed by Stephen Kessler and written by Elisa Bell, situations are developed -- complicated directions to a hotel room, Clark clinging to the face of Hoover Dam, Ellen the object of Mr. Newton's seductive charm -- and left to wither without a payoff.
    Chase, like his Vacation movies, are things of the past. This is a series that should have died with the '80s. Instead, inexplicably, it has limped on into the '90s.
  3. Why, if Chase is such a funny guy, does he make such unfunny movies?