Veronica Mars

7.7

1. Mar 14, 2014
    Great Movie. As a fan of the tv series I am more than Satisfied. Veronica Mars is back. It's the perfect series finale, that the tv show didn't have. The movie is entertaining, interesting and suspenseful. For a stranger viewer is still a great thriller to watch with a lot of unexpectd plot twist and funny quotes. Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas at their best.
  2. Mar 15, 2014
    Veronica Mars is back! Not sure how I'd view the film if I hadn't seen the series, but as a film made for fans I think it's pretty awesome.

The wit is definitely there:
    Veronica: "Words with Friends?"
    Dick: "Some people just call it texting"

The story was intriguing, and they brought back all the characters that I was expecting!
  3. Mar 16, 2014
    Just saw the movie on Amazon, as the movie wasn't playing in Hawaii; cheaper at $6.99 anyway too. Great movie; just like the TV show series; same great characters; good storyline with Logan. I like the relationship between Veronica and her dad; that adds to the movie. I wish they would bring back the series. They never closed out the end of season 3. If CW doesn't pick it up again,Just saw the movie on Amazon, as the movie wasn't playing in Hawaii; cheaper at $6.99 anyway too. Great movie; just like the TV show series; same great characters; good storyline with Logan. I like the relationship between Veronica and her dad; that adds to the movie. I wish they would bring back the series. They never closed out the end of season 3. If CW doesn't pick it up again, maybe USA, as they have some similar great shows on there as well?! :) Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2014
    A love letter to fans for sure. And exactly the movie that needed to be made to kickstart - pardon the pun - this show back in gear. I hope that this is what is needed to keep the story of Veronica, family and friends going.

It needed to start somewhere and bring her back and introduce the world of non-marshmallows to the town of Neptune. What better way to start than 10 year reunion/ex lover murder suspect. It was a way to give us some old nemesis and bring the friends around with an update on where they are. Even Mac's new job was a nice nod to a very old but relevant story line.

I have heard some critique of the shows look, well they only had $5 million. That's small potatoes considering it cost 1.5 to 2 million to do an episode. So to bring this to the big screen was going to need to cut a few corners and rely on the generosity of the stars to bring it all together. So for that I say, let it go.

The story is familiar territory but still fun. I didn't guess the end. I jumped in a few spots as did my kids. We laughed. I got a few goosebumps. It's what I needed. I'm happy with the movie I saw.

If I had 1 complaint it would be not enough cool quips from Veronica. But they still were there and fun when they happened.

If you are a fan, go see this movie. If you are a movie-goer and want to open yourself up to a fun world, then go see this movie.
  5. Jun 9, 2014
    I never watched the television series in which this movie influenced. So had no faint idea about the movie and its theme. All I know is that the movie borrowed most of the cast and crew from the original as the movie database says. The story that revolves around a mysterious death and its investigation. The Puzzled characters which leaves us to keep guessing what might have happened.

I

I never attracted to the Kisten Bell. I don't know why I always say that when it comes to the review of her movies. I hate myself for being a sarcastic, though I never doubted her performances. She might not be a pretty among the other Hollywood actress, but I love her acting. She got a great voice I guess and she's always great as usual on the screen. So, now you might know the reason why watched this movie.

Veronica Mars is a newly law graduate on the verge to get placement in her dream NY law firm. On the same day she gets a message that her ex-boyfriend Logan from the school days is accused of a murder. Personally, he requests her presence around him to help to recruit best lawyer. Beside that her old experience as partners with her father who's a private eye digs the case herself and muddle the thing around. What she finds is the perfect answers for the darkness that haunted everyone.

I am sure you might have seen some of the movies that takes place around a mysterious death. That makes you, you are on verge to predict the twist comfortably. But in this case it is not, because there's no earlier story in the movie about characters that reveals before or after the commencement of the mainstream story. So it puts you in the constant state as you entered to watch this till the twilight of the storytelling and it unfolds itself. Yeah, the story itself held back all the crucial incidents and characters to avoid the mess in the name of mystify the viewers. I don't know it is good or bad, but made the movie look better in a way. In the end it is not your best mystery solving theme, but a decent one around you find.
  6. Mar 17, 2014
    For a movie, Veronica Mars seems a lot like an extra-long TV show. Fortunately, that's exactly what the fans wanted. For devotees of the much loved series, this long-awaited Veronica Mars feature film is a five-star proposition. For everyone else, Veronica Mars is a pleasant diversion. (And you need know nothing about the young sleuth or her past exploits on TV to like it.) The film is aFor a movie, Veronica Mars seems a lot like an extra-long TV show. Fortunately, that's exactly what the fans wanted. For devotees of the much loved series, this long-awaited Veronica Mars feature film is a five-star proposition. For everyone else, Veronica Mars is a pleasant diversion. (And you need know nothing about the young sleuth or her past exploits on TV to like it.) The film is a charming exercise in contemporary girl power, with mystery and romance thrown in for good measure. Kristen Bell puts her approachable persona to good use in the role of Veronica, a semi-outcast from Neptune, Calif., who never ran with the cool kids in high school. Still, it was made clear she'd outstrip them all eventually. And she has. The movie opens with Veronica being interviewed for a top job with a New York law firm. A brief voiceover from the title character fills in most of the past, explaining her need to get out of corrupt little Neptune and make a life for herself. Veronica has walked away from Neptune, sleuthing, and her rocky relationship with Logan Echolls (Jason Dohring), building a new life as a fledgling lawyer on the opposite coast and dating her college boyfriend (Chris Lowell). Brisk and clever (and often very funny), Veronica Mars has a terrific ensemble cast that includes a couple of stand-outs: Krysten Ritter, back as Gia Goodman, for example, and Gaby Hoffman, who turns up as a character named Ruby Jetson. The story also has a handful of cameos and inside jokes, including a bit with James Franco; there's a general irreverence to the writing that's one of the movie's best features. The uninitiated can be assured that Veronica Mars is entertaining from start to finish. Expand
  7. Mar 20, 2014
    A great cast returns to this film reboot of one of my favourite film series. Unfortunately the myriad of characters sometimes bogs down the mystery, which at times feels a bit light. The TV series pushed the boundaries on humour in detective work while solving homicides, while the movie feels more nostalgic than fresh. I would have liked to have seen more twists and turns, however KristenA great cast returns to this film reboot of one of my favourite film series. Unfortunately the myriad of characters sometimes bogs down the mystery, which at times feels a bit light. The TV series pushed the boundaries on humour in detective work while solving homicides, while the movie feels more nostalgic than fresh. I would have liked to have seen more twists and turns, however Kristen Bell and Jason Dohrings performances are excellent. Expand
  8. Mar 17, 2014
    Veronica Mars deserves a marshmallow on top of an awesome movie. I have to admit, even though a based-on-a-television-series movie seems like a bad idea, Veronica Mars shines as a feature film. The storyline was great, the charm that Kristen Bell brought to the character was absolutely fantastic, and I like the fact that the writers threw in some humor in this thrilling mystery drama. IVeronica Mars deserves a marshmallow on top of an awesome movie. I have to admit, even though a based-on-a-television-series movie seems like a bad idea, Veronica Mars shines as a feature film. The storyline was great, the charm that Kristen Bell brought to the character was absolutely fantastic, and I like the fact that the writers threw in some humor in this thrilling mystery drama. I wasn't a fan of the series before watching the movie and now it makes me want to watch all 3 seasons of the series. Job well done Rob Thomas. Expand
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    Awesome movie. This is the finale fans had been waiting for. All of the main characters are back and while they may not get too much on screen time it feels we are back in Neptune of yester- years where things may have changed but the sense of familiarity is till there,.
    I hope someone starts thinking about a new show on veronica mars (a la Dr. who) . I can't wait to read the book.
  10. Aug 29, 2014
    Swan song for the cult series...with budget raised through a 'Kick-starter' campaign. Kristen Bell is back in the role that made her a pop culture mainstay and she's as good as ever. The bad thing about this flick is that it feels like a double episode of its original series. But it's entertaining and funny..one of the hidden gems this year.
  11. Mar 20, 2014
    From the very beginning you sense that time has stopped and this is a fresh new episode of the tv show. A long, self contained episode.
    If you never watched the show you will still be able to catch up on the events and to relate to the characters. The only really downside of the movie is that it ends, the audience is left wanting for more.
  12. Jun 7, 2014
    I enjoyed this. Straight-forward murder mystery set against a Big Chill reunion of characters from the original series. I must admit that I never watched the TV series and knew little about the characters going in, but that didn't deter my enjoyment of the film one bit.
  13. Mar 14, 2014
    The fan support for this movie was really unprecedented. Those supporters will likely be pleased. The story advances the timeline, brings back almost all of the characters, and reprises the twisty, mildly provocative mystery plotting and snappy dialogue of the show. There's even a joking reference to the fan support that nudges the fourth wall.

As someone who had watched most of the

As someone who had watched most of the show several years ago but wasn't enough into it to rewatch it or memorize all the details, there were a lot of inside references that I'm quite sure I didn't get. Don't get me wrong; it's better to do fanservice than to dumb it down for the masses, but be aware that if you haven't seen the show you'll be a tad lost, despite the prologue the movie has explaining the gist of it all.

The movie looks like an extended TV episode; the locations feel small and the action is minimal save for a few jump scares. However, given the budget I think they got what they could out of it, and you weren't watching the mystery series for its visual art anyway. The murder mystery is indeed mysterious, but the climax didn't do much for me, and of course you can't develop as much in a movie as in a season of television.

It ends with a new direction for the characters that I frankly did not like. I won't spoil it, but most of the major characters make a certain choice with regards to their old lives that felt wrong to me. I don't know how the true blue fans will take it; maybe they'll like it more than I did or maybe not.

All told, though, anyone who liked the show will find it worth the wait. So many of these projects never get off the ground that it's gratifying to see when the fans get something made that Hollywood producers gave up on. The jokes and plot twists are entertaining enough.
  14. Oct 1, 2014
    "a mysterious action packed movie full of mystery , comedy and turns it out a die hard fun mystery".......................................................................................
  15. Mar 14, 2014
    It is GREAT MOVIE! Yeah, they messed up an entire investigation, but is still was so Veronica Mars, so clear, so dramatic, so good. I really liked it, although i'd prefer to see her in the NYC rather than having job at MI. Also i am one of these guys who's sad about Piz(
  16. Nov 23, 2014
    Veronica Mars es una película simple, pero brillante al mismo tiempo, logra enfocar su historia en un buen punto para que luego todo colisione y haga del resultado del film una muy buen destello.
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    If you are a fan of the television series, then this movie is the closure you need. With a kickstarter reaching 5.9 million dollars from donations world wide, just goes to show that the fans, want more. The Veronica Mars movie, coming back to the town of Neptune to help her old friend friend, 'Lachlan' because he is framed for murder. Or course he is! Watching this made me think about theIf you are a fan of the television series, then this movie is the closure you need. With a kickstarter reaching 5.9 million dollars from donations world wide, just goes to show that the fans, want more. The Veronica Mars movie, coming back to the town of Neptune to help her old friend friend, 'Lachlan' because he is framed for murder. Or course he is! Watching this made me think about the series again, you get to see older characters, what has become of their lives, and what has changed since Veronica's departure to the 'Big Apple' to become a big time lawyer. But the voices of Neptune call her back for one last stand. For a Kickstarter of 5.9 million, i have to say that this is amazing, the script has been in the making for a few years now, and you can tell that it was well thought out. The voice over narration of Veronica brought back memories from the TV Show and was urging me to watch it again. Surely there are things that would be plainly obvious to happen (just like every part of the TV Show) but that is what i think makes VM so attractable, we know what is going to happen, we just don't know how she is going to get out of it. If you are a fan, watch it, if you are not a fan, watch it. It is good fun to watch, but still at the same time there will be reunions so you might want to read up on those relationships which is shown to be the downfall to TV series to sequel movies.

Positives + Good script, actors are cool, fans will love this, actors from other series that you may know and love.

Negatives - non-fans may be confused with the amount of characters and their relationships between one another, even thought here is a little bit of an introduction at the start.

Overall:
    Music: B -
    Acting: B
    Cinematography: B+ (for a 5.9M kickstarter)
    Narrative: B - for fans C for non-fans
  18. Oct 4, 2014
    Imagine myself being a fan of Veronica Mars back when the show first aired in 2004. I would be 7 years old by that year but let's just say I am quite older than 7. Like 17 years old, my current age. Anyway, I would have no idea what the show will have in store for the next three seasons. Murder, potential incest, a deadly bus crash, frame, rape, adultery, corruption and the list goes on inImagine myself being a fan of Veronica Mars back when the show first aired in 2004. I would be 7 years old by that year but let's just say I am quite older than 7. Like 17 years old, my current age. Anyway, I would have no idea what the show will have in store for the next three seasons. Murder, potential incest, a deadly bus crash, frame, rape, adultery, corruption and the list goes on in Neptune, California. I would be intrigued with the show because of the titular character. The way she deals with the mysteries despite her difficult personal life is amazing for a teenager and I get to experience that with many other fans tuning-in

Fast-forward to 2007, The CW announced that the show is cancelled leaving numerous fans trying their best for the network to reconsider renewing the show with no avail. I would have been devastated.

Then fast-forward to 2013, the creator of the show Rob Thomas created a Kickstarter campaign asking for fans to donate with a goal budget of at least 2 million dollars to finally have the Veronica Mars movie we have been asking for so long. If I have seen the show before the movie is announced, I would be excited. But I heard this news with no idea about the show itself. Having a fan-funded movie of 5 million dollars is impressive for a show that has a small yet loyal fanbase.

Because of that, I decided to check the show before seeing the movie. Of course, I enjoyed the show for reasons above. Watching the entire series before watching the movie was the best decision I have ever made. If I have not seen the series before watching the movie, I would be totally clueless.

But that's what it bothers me. The movie lacks appeal for non-fans as the movie is totally for the fans of the show. If you're going to make a movie continuation of a TV show, you have to make sure it appeals to non-fans as well. Clearly, this is not the case and it bothered me.

However after watching the movie, I felt very satisfied. This felt like a series finale to me. All the loose-ends left by the TV show are tied in this movie and I am happy that this movie existed. I also liked how the end of the movie sets up a potential sequel. I highly doubt that it would continue in a form of a movie but if there is a sequel, I will try to donate this time if it needs to be funded by the fans again. Sequel or no sequel, this is a satisfying conclusion for one of my favorite TV shows of all-time.

The character development was well done. They have matured very well as an adult. Their character development was the reason why this movie felt matured from its TV show, which is quite teenager-y at times. This is a very nice transition.

The plot was well-organized and the mystery in this movie was very intriguing even though this movie is more of the "tying loose-ends" type of movie. My only problem with the plot is its subplot, which I am not going to spoil what it is. It felt rushed and it didn't have a proper ending to it. I think this was left intentional as a way to set up a sequel. Nonetheless, it could have given more time for that subplot to have a proper ending.

The script was amazingly well done by the creator of the show. It felt like watching a brand new episode of the show in a good way. The dialogues were freshly delivered by the characters.

The direction in this movie however felt a bit weird. It's like a new experience for me as a fan of the TV show. Overall, the direction and the cinematography is really good. That also explains the movie's maturity from its TV show.

The cast performances were very good in this movie. Not only the actors remained faithful in playing their characters but they also much improved their acting in this movie. I guess with a better budget, that's when they can get full potential in their acting.

The humor is the highlight of this movie for me. It's classic Veronica Mars humor and I love it! It's funny, sarcastic and witty which is also one of the reasons why Veronica Mars is one of my favorite TV shows.

It's not the greatest movie ever. If you haven't seen the show, don't watch the movie as you will be completely clueless on what's going on. But if you're a fan of the show like me, you will be satisfied with this movie and you're going to be happy seeing your favorite characters once again on the big screen.
  19. Sep 29, 2014
    This movie is so clearly a love letter to the fans, it hit as many possible fan-desired things as it could in the time constraint. Do I wish there had been more Wallace and Mac and Dick and Keith... of course. Am I sad to not know more about the Weevil transformation story? Yes. But the movie held the spirit of a beloved show with gusto. No complaints.
  20. Jul 28, 2015
    4/5★ For fans of the series (myself included) and for mystery noir enthusiasts, Veronica Mars the movie offers more of what made the show great and throws out references and Easter eggs galore. We return to the characters and places we remember and see how they have, or haven't changed.
    On another note, the film is an example of the changing nature of Hollywood: The movie was funded through Kickstarter- regular people gave money to pay for the cost of making Veronica Mars.
    Verdict: Enjoy!
  21. Nov 3, 2015
    Veronica herself is such a breath of fresh air as a strong female character: smart, secure, resourceful, loyal, funny and not the slightest bit chickish.

Watch here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29e2c3-Veronica-Mars-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Apr 18, 2014
    As someone who enjoyed the show enormously while it was on the air, I am relieved to report that the film felt to me like it successfully recaptured the spirit of the show's first season.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Mar 17, 2014
    Proves more footnote than fresh start.
    Somehow, miraculously, the Veronica Mars movie is definitely not bad. It's pretty damn good, actually.