8.9

1. Mar 1, 2011
    WALL-E was supposedly (according to the critics) one of the greatest movies ever, the plot is boring, characters are annoying, especially WALL-E himself it's hard to like a character who just repeats his name over and over again, it's not funny, it tries to add emotion and fails horribly, and it commits the worst crime ever it's BORING!!!!!!, this was a huge disappointment, and one of the worst animated movies ever. Expand
  2. Jun 22, 2011
    This movie feels like the EPA trying to teach children how bad we are. An incredibly annoying movie. Making fun of individual people is okay to me but making fun of mankind? No I have to draw a line there.
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    Boring, preachy, redundant. Here is the whole script: "Wall-e. Wall-e? Waaaal-eeee!" "eve" *mechanical noises. A **** scuttling around* "waaaall-e." (pleading) "caution. Road robots. Caution. Road robots." "WWWAAALLL-E!" "ROAD ROBOTS." "EEEEV-A!" "Wall-e. Wall-e." Wall-e and Eve try to learn each others names in 3 different scenes for 20 minutes each. Wall-e has a pet **** because the earth has obviously suffered a nuclear holocaust and the fat lazy humans have moved to space where their oversized hover-rounds really do hover. Welcome to Wall-e, a movie about the environment & 2 asexual pieces of machinery that are supposed to be in love. But it's hard to relate to an E.T.- rip-off-on-wheels and a poorly personified spaceship-looking robot that flies conveniently through space. Thats about it. I can't believe how many people raved about it. And "wall-e" was uttered no less than 300 times, just saying. Collapse
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    A slow film that bores young viewers with few laughs and a less than satisfactory story line.
  5. Sep 15, 2013
    This movie is just trash. It's gross, not fun, and confusing. It's as if the creators didn't know what the target audience was, so they just acted like it was a kid's movie.
  6. Sep 25, 2013
    I honestly didn't have a clue what the bloody hell was going on, I've tried watching this film through twice and ended up dozing off. I'm really at a loss why it's so popular, but it's all a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that this is not worth watching.
  7. Jun 9, 2014
    The first 20 minutes are fantastic. They're funny and extremely invented. The rest of it? Not so much. The rest of the film is dull. There are very few comedic moments and it all feels too old hat. The decision to have no dialogue whatsoever in the movie makes the film feel like something from the 1950's and is a step backward from the wonders of modern technology. This is not what I expect from a 21st century movie.

A waste of cinema ticket prices.
  8. Sep 8, 2014
    I'll admit, this is one of the most beautiful animated films I've ever seen, but I felt the plot to be very boring, and the characters were annoying. The strongest part of the movie was the first 30 minutes, which is eerily silent, but I felt it got sillier as the movie went on. It's not terrible, but it's not something I'd watch again.

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    The first hour of Wall-E is a crazily inventive, deliriously engaging and almost wordless silent comedy of the sort that Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton used to make.
    Put simply, WALL-E is about as charming as movies get.
  3. Mixing Chaplinesque delicacy with the architectural grandeur of a Stanley Kubrick film, director Andrew Stanton recycles film history and makes something fresh and accessible from it without pandering to a young audience.