8.1

1. aaronL.
    Mar 9, 2009
    Animated views of war. No real plot. All the horrors of war, which we already know, shown to us through animation. I really did no like this movie, could not get into it, and felt it was a waste of time. It would be okay to expose someone to the follies of war, but even for that there are much better movies. I have never seen the critics so far off!
  2. SimonM
    Jun 26, 2009
    Propaganda effort that attempts to excuse Israeli involvement in Lebanon. Cleverly done in admitting a portion of the blame and having the protagonists feeling amnesiac guilt. Ignores the current west bank and does not refer to it once despite the impossibility of ignoring it. No Lebanese co accused to share the blame in that I reckon.
  3. DroogD.
    Dec 27, 2008
    Wonderful animation ... and incredibly boring.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    A bravura documentary which balances the personal and the political as it peers into the First Lebanon War, its animated approach never feeling like a novelty. Astonishing, unforgettable: you have to see it.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    The images of war that Folman and his chief illustrator, David Polonsky, conjure up have a feverish, infernal beauty. Dreams and reality jumble together.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Brunette
    The chosen style of animation leads to a distracting choppiness that renders the movements, gestures and facial expressions of the interviewees unconvincing. The other problem is that, memory naturally being something that returns in fits and starts, the film is rarely able to sustain any consistent narrative thrust.