6.1

1. GlenA.
    Nov 8, 2008
    This is not the worst film in the world but it is definitely nowhere near the best. I have given a 4 since the film kept me moderately entertained while on a long car journey. I knew half what to expect: mindless violence with a stupid plot and over the top action scenes and this is exactly what Wanted delivered. If you are prepared to switch your brain off then it could provide some This is not the worst film in the world but it is definitely nowhere near the best. I have given a 4 since the film kept me moderately entertained while on a long car journey. I knew half what to expect: mindless violence with a stupid plot and over the top action scenes and this is exactly what Wanted delivered. If you are prepared to switch your brain off then it could provide some entertainment value. Expand
  2. Kevin
    Jun 30, 2008
    Sexy action, yes. Jaw dropping action, no. Script, poorly written. "Fraternity' cliche...yes. This is enjoyable to see in a theater, but not worth the cost of an evening ticket - see as a matinee.
  3. JordanL.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Muddled, misanthropic and stupid.
  4. Oct 15, 2011
    Can't really understand how this movie could get this high metascore. Poor movie with even worse acting by Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy. The only good thing of it was Morgan Freeman. He's still epic.
  5. EfrenE.
    Jul 1, 2008
    If Angelina Jolie could sink any lower she would have to make yet another movie of any catagory.
  6. StacyN.
    Jul 6, 2008
    "A spectacle of terribleness" is how my husband described this movie. The loom of fate????? Give me a break. I felt like I was being kicked in the crotch repeatedly for paying my hard earned dollar to see this. How did this get good reviews? I am ashamed of our society. If I could get a lawyer to sue the filmmakers for wasting my money and time I would. Please don't spend your hard "A spectacle of terribleness" is how my husband described this movie. The loom of fate????? Give me a break. I felt like I was being kicked in the crotch repeatedly for paying my hard earned dollar to see this. How did this get good reviews? I am ashamed of our society. If I could get a lawyer to sue the filmmakers for wasting my money and time I would. Please don't spend your hard earned dollar on this....go buy yourself 1/8 th a tank of gas instead! Expand
  7. JoelP.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Laughable plot, inane (and sadomasochistic) action scenes, forgettable dialogue, and everyone except McAvoy phoned in their performance. Avoid at all costs.
  8. SyzygyZ.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Just a dumb manufactured thriller. Even its occasional wit felt cheap. Its loud, its oh so slick and, despite not taking anything what happens on screen seriously, i still couldn't get past the total total emotional disconnect.
  9. CaitlynS.
    Jun 28, 2008
    If anyone has read the comic book wanted, this movie is the biggest dissapointment ever. The second half of the movie was completely fabricated. do yourself a favor and just read the real thing and don't subject yourself to the slaughtered hollywood movie.
  10. Dave
    Jun 30, 2008
    Irritatingly smug, ponderously self-important and ultimately numbing/dull and pointless, "Wanted" starts with a bang and then runs out of ideas, surprises and steam within its first 30 minutes. When you're watching a train plummet down a chasm and thinking about what you'd like to fix for dinner that evening at the same time, it's not a good sign. One of the most inept and Irritatingly smug, ponderously self-important and ultimately numbing/dull and pointless, "Wanted" starts with a bang and then runs out of ideas, surprises and steam within its first 30 minutes. When you're watching a train plummet down a chasm and thinking about what you'd like to fix for dinner that evening at the same time, it's not a good sign. One of the most inept and knuckle-headed comic book adaptations I've seen in some time. Expand
  11. PaulB.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Terrible film. Sure it had a few good action scenes, but the plot and most of the acting was horrible. Not even worth renting.
  12. MarkA
    Jun 30, 2008
    Three words sum it up. "Loom Of FAAAAATE"! Very disappointing, especially the ending. If you can COMPLETELY shut your brain off, it's a decent action flic, but that's it.
  13. MichaelS
    Jun 30, 2008
    Horrible! Just way too absurd! The storyline isn't all that fluid and anyone who knows just a little about ballistics has a pretty hard time watching this movie.
  14. Lisaprivate
    Jun 30, 2008
    Draggy, and a ridiculous premise even for this type of movie. A total waste of talented actors. I blame the script and the direction. I expected much more, and am really surprised at the high reviews here.
  15. PeterC
    I thought a 1 would be cruel. Maybe I
  16. SusanneS
    Jul 10, 2008
    Embarrassingly bad lines, acting, plot devices. Good for a laugh if you're not affected by violence at all and two hours of your life is meaningless. Morgan Freeman--what were you doing in this awful movie?
  17. IndieViewer
    Jul 1, 2008
    The action is great, but the plot twists are doozies. Then, there's the ending. If you've been debating about watching this one, save your money. It will look just as good as a rental.
  18. Katie
    Jul 10, 2008
    Literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen. We went to the movie because it received generally favorable reviews on metacritic, only to have to sit through the longest two hours of my life. I am not big on action films, but can stand them. This was ridiculous and horrible. Spare yourself!!
  19. EricT.
    Jul 2, 2008
    The most over-hyped movie I have seen all year. I couldn't fall asleep because the movie was so loud and I couldn't leave the theater because I didn't drive. I wish I ws one of the half dozen people that left half way through. The highlight of the movie was the Dark Knight trailer.
  20. LiefS.
    Jul 22, 2008
    This movie was a 2 trick pony. When you get tired of seeing bullets colliding and cars flipping over one another, there is absolutely nothing else to see. The script was non-existant. The plot was so flat that you were begging for the "twist ending" that left you laughing. I snuck into this movie and still feel ripped off. I want the 2 hours of my life back to see batman again.
  21. JohnR.
    Jul 6, 2008
    If this is entertainment, I need a lobotomy. There is nothing there.
  22. TylerD.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This movie started strong, but seriously took a nose dive after like 20 minutes. Worthless story line along with a way to skinny Jolie who didn't show me anything the whole movie. I kept waiting for something to happen and the story just got worse and worse. Nothing new here in this one, it is easily the worst movie I have seen this year. Go see the Incredible Hulk if you are looking This movie started strong, but seriously took a nose dive after like 20 minutes. Worthless story line along with a way to skinny Jolie who didn't show me anything the whole movie. I kept waiting for something to happen and the story just got worse and worse. Nothing new here in this one, it is easily the worst movie I have seen this year. Go see the Incredible Hulk if you are looking for a good action film, at least you will get good exciting and a good story. Expand
  23. RyanP.
    Jul 8, 2008
    A bit of fight club + a lot of matrix + a little star wars (you are my son instead of i am your father... come on!) = wanted. See it if you like special effects and don't mind the reckless borrowing from better films.
  24. GatsbyJ
    Aug 16, 2008
    -I thought this was gonna be a decent movie at best, but it wasn't even decent. For those who gave high scores then criticized others for their low ratings, you're not really making sense. When you say that it's supposed to be mindless action, then that means you're a mindless idiot of a viewer. I don't care if the movie's concept wasn't believable -I thought this was gonna be a decent movie at best, but it wasn't even decent. For those who gave high scores then criticized others for their low ratings, you're not really making sense. When you say that it's supposed to be mindless action, then that means you're a mindless idiot of a viewer. I don't care if the movie's concept wasn't believable (that's why we watch movies), it's the fact that the acting was horrible, the script was full of more bullet-holes than the people who get shot in this dumb-ass movie, and it didn't make much sense. -BTW, the voice-over of the main character narrating the story is some of the worst in movie history; he makes fun of the audience by saying we're mindless sheep and he's so cool, but basically he's saying is what distinguishes his thrilling existence from our boring ones is that he kills people and that makes him cool. And especially at the end when he asks what we've done with our lives: the attempt to break the "fourth wall" and sound profound doesn't work, and makes the director and writer seem like freaken retards. -Also, there's so many glaring plot-holes. Ex: the assassin at the start can jump so far and run so fast as to make papers scatter, but he's NOT the world's greatest assassin. However, NO ONE else in the movie has that ability, even the main character or his father. -I "WANTED" to like this movie, but now I just "WANT" to kick whoever's ass that made it. Expand
  25. JaeQ
    Aug 1, 2008
    6.7 is definitely overrating this movie. The plot was stupid and the twist was predictable, my little brother knew hwat the twist was gonna be 25 mins into the movie, no joke. The bullet curving is so stupid, such a childish concept, how would moving the gun effect the bullets motion, I mean even in a basic understanding of physics you'd realize wherever the gun is pointing when the 6.7 is definitely overrating this movie. The plot was stupid and the twist was predictable, my little brother knew hwat the twist was gonna be 25 mins into the movie, no joke. The bullet curving is so stupid, such a childish concept, how would moving the gun effect the bullets motion, I mean even in a basic understanding of physics you'd realize wherever the gun is pointing when the trigger is pulled the bullet goes... You want a fast paced, reality curving gun action movie, watch the matrix one and two at least they had a storyline (wasn't a big fan of the third). Collapse
  26. RagM
    Aug 20, 2008
    This was an absolute garbage. Very hard to find even one redeeming feature. Wasted time.
  27. JonK.
    Oct 21, 2008
    The plot and storyline is laughable. The petty scenes of revenge against the office tyrant, the ex-girlfriend, the best friend are pitiful and revealing of the scriptwriter's emotional maturity. Come to think of it, the whole film says a lot about how old the writers were. Redeemed only by James McAvoy who is over the top and verging on melodrama but is somehow appropriate for this The plot and storyline is laughable. The petty scenes of revenge against the office tyrant, the ex-girlfriend, the best friend are pitiful and revealing of the scriptwriter's emotional maturity. Come to think of it, the whole film says a lot about how old the writers were. Redeemed only by James McAvoy who is over the top and verging on melodrama but is somehow appropriate for this messy film. Expand
  28. TR
    Oct 6, 2008
    I lowered my standards as much as possible before seeing this boring and totally computer generated, play it safe, fake stunt, wank but I was still shocked. The only thing that blew me away in this plot less career killing waste of money was the pure ass stink of every person involved in its production. From the acting and directing to the sets, dialogue, premise, you name it, it's I lowered my standards as much as possible before seeing this boring and totally computer generated, play it safe, fake stunt, wank but I was still shocked. The only thing that blew me away in this plot less career killing waste of money was the pure ass stink of every person involved in its production. From the acting and directing to the sets, dialogue, premise, you name it, it's all crap. How did they get Morgan Freeman to do this?! Amazingly, the film has the nerve to lecture the audience after the whole ordeal is over! I never thought shootouts, explosions and hot chicks could be made into such a colossal bore. save your time, save you money, and spend it doing something a million times more exciting... like picking lint from your belly button. Expand
  29. AndrewR.
    Jun 27, 2008
    I was really disappointed with this movie. I loved the graphic novel that was the source material. Aside from the obvious ignoring of the laws of physics, this movie made no sense at all. It was a waste of time except for the action scenes and Angelina Jolie, who is smoking hot (and I am gay.)
  30. RichieT.
    Jun 27, 2008
    We hated it. I thought it was trying too hard to be hip,cool and brash. Too much senseless violence and a very weak script. very disappointed.
  31. PaulC
    Jun 29, 2008
    Not sure why this is called Wanted, when it bears no resemblance to the comic book. That might have been a good thing if the new direction they took the plot in wasn't even worse. This is basically Assassin's Creed the movie, and while it's better than that video game, it still pretty much sucks. It's good for a few laughs, but definitely not worth the price of admission.
  32. The-KidB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    There was a script? Worst movie I have seen in 5 years!!!
  33. SamS
    Jul 15, 2008
    A rollercoaster ride? I literally fell asleep in the middle of this movie (it was a 12am showing). Plot and script were cast aside and replaced with weak excuses to show rediculous action scenes, sexy actresses, and displays of violence that were disturbingly glorified and artistic. I found some enjoyment out of this movie as many of the action sequences were not taken that seriously and A rollercoaster ride? I literally fell asleep in the middle of this movie (it was a 12am showing). Plot and script were cast aside and replaced with weak excuses to show rediculous action scenes, sexy actresses, and displays of violence that were disturbingly glorified and artistic. I found some enjoyment out of this movie as many of the action sequences were not taken that seriously and were actually pretty funny to watch. This amusement quickly wore off on me and since the story was not even remotely interesting, I decided to make better use of the dark room and padded chair that I had spent $9 for. Expand
  34. ShaunR
    Jul 28, 2008
    Some of the action sequences were cool. There is a massive gap in logic though where supposedly binary code like computers use to turn 1s and 0s into letters was invented a 1000 years ago by textile mill workers. Not sure if that is a fault of the comic books it was based on or just lazy screenwriting.
  35. Vidziu
    Jul 29, 2008
    Holy shEEt! Annoying, irritating and pretentious!!! This is matrix and jumper and "God-knows-what-else";) mixed into totally inedible pulp. DONT waste Your time for that one!
  36. WesT.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This movie is a dark, gory, nihilistic bloodbath (how many different ways and times can you shoot a person in the head?). It is being touted as a "must-see" movie of the summer, but don't believe it! Some of the action scenes were cool, but most were so over-the-top that they detracted from the film in my opinion. There are some comedic moments that lighten things up here and there, This movie is a dark, gory, nihilistic bloodbath (how many different ways and times can you shoot a person in the head?). It is being touted as a "must-see" movie of the summer, but don't believe it! Some of the action scenes were cool, but most were so over-the-top that they detracted from the film in my opinion. There are some comedic moments that lighten things up here and there, but even some of the "humor" in these moments was a little too disturbing for me. Additionally, the storyline was weak and disjointed. I love action movies but this one seemed (in my opinion) to almost glamorize killing, or, at a minimum, it treated murder too lightly. Not recommended. Expand
  37. GeoffU.
    Jul 3, 2008
    I thought this movie was dreadful. Sort of like The Matrix meets the Punisher. The action was completely over the top and unbelievable - it was unbelievable in the Matrix, but at least they had the excuse of being inside a computer simulation and not in the real world. No plot at all - a LOOM of FATE?! Come on! Terrible acting. James Macavoy makes a terrible action hero - looks like a I thought this movie was dreadful. Sort of like The Matrix meets the Punisher. The action was completely over the top and unbelievable - it was unbelievable in the Matrix, but at least they had the excuse of being inside a computer simulation and not in the real world. No plot at all - a LOOM of FATE?! Come on! Terrible acting. James Macavoy makes a terrible action hero - looks like a school kid running around, none of the months-of-training martial arts of Reeves/Fishborne in the Matrix or Matt Damon in the Bourne films. The whole thing is just an excuse for special effects, which aren't bad but what's special about that any more? Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. Expand
  38. CourtneyD.
    Jul 5, 2008
    The movie had decent acting, but not plot or point. It was like Fight Club meets James Bond, but with none of the finer points of either. The movie would have been better if they presented it in a more comic book stylized manner. After this movie, I am seriously doubting the ability of critics to judge a stinker from a winner.
  39. TomJ.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I could not believe how bad this flick was, especially considering the talented cast. I kept hoping that McAvoy would revert back into Mr Tumnus happen upon and slip into the Narnia wardrobe and exit that awful movie.
  40. JonC.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This movie only rates a 1 because of the special effects. The plot has enough holes that it needs to be run back through the "loom of fate" -- what an original idea, or not. The language is like a nonstop sewer, pouring foulness all over the audience. Which explains the need to take a bath after watching the film. The violence, expected in an assassin action flick, is also nonstop, and if This movie only rates a 1 because of the special effects. The plot has enough holes that it needs to be run back through the "loom of fate" -- what an original idea, or not. The language is like a nonstop sewer, pouring foulness all over the audience. Which explains the need to take a bath after watching the film. The violence, expected in an assassin action flick, is also nonstop, and if you like to identify with the main character in a story, prepare to be punched, stabbed, and shot -- by your friends. All you need to add are black leather and implements of pain, and you'll be just the audience to enjoy the movie. No message, no meaning, no acting, no fun. But good special effects. Expand
  41. Evan
    Jul 7, 2008
    The worst movie that I have seen in the theater in the last decade. From the ridiculous 200yd leap in the opening scene to the crazy 360 degree bullet to end the film. Horrible.
  42. DavidD
    Jul 7, 2008
    I don't give a damn if it was based on a comic or not! It is movies like this and the money they make that ruin it for all the future crap that comes out of Hollywood. They just see how the sheep just eat it up and they make more crap!! How in the wold can anyone even take this trash seriously......even as a "fun entertainment popcorn movie"?
  43. Dan
    Aug 26, 2008
    The movie fluctuates from over-the-top action, to so-far-beyond-reasonable-it's-stupid scenes; scenes of soul searching to actions without soul; and a character that goes from identifying with the audience to completely mocking them because they aren't killing people. Horrible movie.
  44. JackM.
    Dec 8, 2008
    After seeing Napoleon Dynamite had had basically figured they would never make a movie worse than it. I was wrong, this movie is by far the worst movie I have ever seen. Its action is incredibly over the top and plain out dull. there is no excitement whatsoever. some moments were just plain stupid. to make matters worse the special effects suck. Ontop of an already stupidly stupid piece After seeing Napoleon Dynamite had had basically figured they would never make a movie worse than it. I was wrong, this movie is by far the worst movie I have ever seen. Its action is incredibly over the top and plain out dull. there is no excitement whatsoever. some moments were just plain stupid. to make matters worse the special effects suck. Ontop of an already stupidly stupid piece of ****, the acting was not good at all. I have know idea how they got Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie to be in this movie. They movie doesn't display a great sense of humor either. Instead of actually making the movie funny they just swear every single time something happens. The best part of the movie is when the guy is doing it with his girlfriend. And the last thing is that the plot is about as paper thin as the come, it not deep or entertaining in anyway. there is one twist but honesly it didn't make me enjoy the disgrace of a movie anymore than I aready did, which was not at all. If you don't want to lose what seems like 3 hr's of your life then avoid this at all costs. Expand
  45. HarryJ.
    Jun 24, 2008
    This move was extremely unrealistic. How can you curve a bullet? there is already spin on it and that spin cannot be altered. i give it two thumbs down.
  46. jwh
    Jun 27, 2008
    This movie is B-level crap. The reviewers need their heads examined. Weak story, weak delivery... a mix of Karate Kid meets the Matrix .... and just about as lame as that sounds! Don't waste your hard earned dollars - wait for video if you must see at all.
  47. NI.
    Jun 28, 2008
    I can only hope that no one actually looks to this movie for a real story or anything resembling one. At the very greatest, it could be counted as a testament to Hollywood CGI or over-the-top action ideas. What really worries me is that the people who view this movie will actually buy into the themes that it pushes, considering they are so hyped up on adrenaline and must be mature enough I can only hope that no one actually looks to this movie for a real story or anything resembling one. At the very greatest, it could be counted as a testament to Hollywood CGI or over-the-top action ideas. What really worries me is that the people who view this movie will actually buy into the themes that it pushes, considering they are so hyped up on adrenaline and must be mature enough to look for something deeper than simple action (17+ for M rating). I can only describe this movie as how a sugar-high preteen thinks of the world and its problems, including a complete lack of - or perhaps some inside joke of - a plot which leaves you asking what it is you really just saw. The 2 is for a few original computer effects thrown in. Expand
  48. ToddH.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Totally unbelievable, I loved the Matrix, but this film was absolute garbage.
  49. ShaneW
    Jul 25, 2008
    I was sorely tempted to walk in the first 5 minutes and left the theater wishing I had. The only thing more appalling than the movie was the family of small children exiting this gory film in front of me.
  50. MarkB.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Incomprehensible action sequences, zero plot, boring characters. If you have any standards beyond those of a twelve year old boy, do not waste your time.
  51. VS.D.
    Dec 22, 2008
    Absolutely atrocious. Everything about this movie sucked. The acting, script, direction, plot, story, you name it. Seriously one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen in my life. By far this is the film I most wanted to turn off and considered doing it dozens of times throughout--however, I kept watching to see if it could get *even more* stupid. It did. Unbelievably bad--anyone Absolutely atrocious. Everything about this movie sucked. The acting, script, direction, plot, story, you name it. Seriously one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen in my life. By far this is the film I most wanted to turn off and considered doing it dozens of times throughout--however, I kept watching to see if it could get *even more* stupid. It did. Unbelievably bad--anyone connected to this piece of garbage should be embarrassed. Don't waste your time. Expand
  52. TrumanG.
    Dec 29, 2008
    The message to this sadistic gun porno is do something with your life, go kill someone. It's hard to read it any other way other than an homage to killing and death. If you're a satanist, anti-social and/or a serial killer, you'll love this film. What little the action offers is completely undermined by a lame plot and lead actor who is wholly unlikeable and believable. The message to this sadistic gun porno is do something with your life, go kill someone. It's hard to read it any other way other than an homage to killing and death. If you're a satanist, anti-social and/or a serial killer, you'll love this film. What little the action offers is completely undermined by a lame plot and lead actor who is wholly unlikeable and believable. Weirder still is how they managed to get Freeman and Jolie onboard. Barely worth a rental. Expand
  53. Dec 21, 2012
    'What the **** have you done lately?', is the parting shot from the 'protagonist' of this film.

Well, things I haven't done lately would include: 1. Murdering strangers because somebody else told you to do so without giving any good reason. 2. Murdering the man who saved your life seconds before, again because somebody just told you to do so. 3. Finally realising that the guy

Well, things I haven't done lately would include:

3. Finally realising that the guy giving these orders is probably bad - but only because he tried to kill you personally.
    4. Blaming everybody else for your prior actions and murdering them, too, despite the fact they are in exactly the same position that you were a few hours ago.

You simply can't enjoy a film where the writers are so inane that they think a narcissistic serial killer will be somebody you can really root for.

You can't. You hate him and everything he does, and as a result the film just mindnumbingly stupid, inhumane, and boring.
  54. Oct 9, 2011
    I don't really understand how "Wanted" got a positive reception. Sure, the action sequences are mind-blowing, but ultimately its your average 'brain-less' blockbuster you would watch with your homies.
  55. NickT
    Jul 31, 2008
    Wanted: setting the dumb, action film benchmark for 2008.
  56. BobS.
    Jan 2, 2009
    The movie is absolutely ridiculous. The only thing that makes it entertaining/bearable is the cheesy unrealistic dialogue and actions that take place. You won't be laughing with this movie, you will be laughing at it. But hey, at least it made me laugh.
  57. McBain
    Jun 29, 2008
    Absolute rubbish.... the only good thing was the special effects. typical production line film crap. save yourself a few euro and have a few pints instead.
  58. RachelM.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Technically well done with some very creative choreography, and the acting was fine, but that's all it has going for it. I'm no prude, but the gratuitous profanity was jarringly distracting and the story utterly missed a fine opportunity to develop a neat comic-booky idea.
  59. Jag
    Mar 9, 2009
    Overrated. The action was over the top but it was also way to showy at the same time. It is also way to unreallistic. BULLETS DON"T CURVE 3 FEET WHEN YOU SWING THE GUN. The movie was more look than it was entertaining. And on top of that the look isn't really that good. I got nothing out of this movie. So overall this movie isn't one that you should waest mony on.
  60. JoeS
    Apr 17, 2009
    A dumb violent action movie dressed up as a pseudo intelligent thriller. There's way too much packed into way too short a movie. The characters are never very likable, and overall you're left just wanting something with filling. Skip.
  61. TimH
    Jul 14, 2009
    At least this movie made me laugh a few times, lending it a leg up on titles like Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet which are comparably ridiculous. But it was about halfway through that my giggles gave way to facepalms, proving definitively that bullet time is no substitute for actual content.
  62. May 3, 2015
    The opening scene was enough for me. Obviously targeted for the airhead younger crowd. Unbelievable fantasy action. All form, no substance. Save your money.

1. This over-the-top, ultraviolent, hyperkinetic action thriller pretty much has it all.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Like it or not, Wanted pretty much slams you to the back of your chair from the outset and scarcely lets up for the duration.
  3. It takes about an hour after it's over for the heart to slow, the brain to recalibrate, and the nonsensicalness of the thing to sink in.